Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,179 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? (3561 Views)

Ladies And Cleavage Revealing Photos; Stop Calling The Name Of God In Vain / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by incanto: 10:35am On Jul 12, 2012
Pls i' d like to ask ladies and experienced guys this, can a lady love someone without making efforts on her own to call her boyfriend? I mean d lady only replies to texts and missed calls but rarely make efforts to call on her own and claims she is like that. Are there people who are like that really? cos i know if u love someone you will really want to check on the person to know how that person is doing. Sometimes i stop calling and she will till like two or three days before sending a text or a flash. She isnt working yet so i dont really expect much from her only but just d willingnes or a sign she loves me me. Tried tawking to her severally about that and all i get is "that's the way i am". Is ds normal or a dangerous signal? No abuses pls!
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 12, 2012
my candid advice: concentrate on your studies now, when the time is right, she/they will call and you will get tired of recieving there call...
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by incanto: 10:57am On Jul 12, 2012
ondo_boi: my candid advice: concentrate on your studies now, when the time is right, she/they will call and you will get tired of recieving there call...

Im not a student pls
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by Mynd44: 11:03am On Jul 12, 2012
She might really be like that. Some people are not just interested in calling.
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by Sagamite(m): 11:20am On Jul 12, 2012
Answer (For Ladies): NO

If a woman is not making any unprompted contact with you, SHE DOES NOT LIKE YOU AND IS NOT THAT INTERESTED.

1 Like

Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by MrsChima(f): 11:21am On Jul 12, 2012
I must check and see if my husband is okay even if he goes to the mailbox. If he is gone for extended time...anything can happen and I will check up on my husband.

I guess everybody have different expectations in relationship......when you care about someone..your actions will follow suit.
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by slimyem: 11:21am On Jul 12, 2012
ondo_boi: my candid advice: concentrate on your studies now, when the time is right, she/they will call and you will get tired of recieving there call...
what a dumb post!
@op...i don't understand how you can love someone and not want to be in touch with them most of the time...but then people are different..
I guess in time you'd really find out if she really does love you...in time!
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by kittykat1(f): 11:24am On Jul 12, 2012
I agree with Mrs. Chima. Same here
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 12, 2012
How the hell did this thread get 8posts and just 3views?
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by MrsChima(f): 11:30am On Jul 12, 2012
sexkillz: How the hell did this thread get 8posts and just 3views?

It is not the views that matter but the posts suga. kiss kiss
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by incanto: 11:41am On Jul 12, 2012
I appreciate all your candid advice an will still welcome more pls
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by Mynd44: 11:50am On Jul 12, 2012
sexkillz: How the hell did this thread get 8posts and just 3views?
That's almost impossible, a post is almost 2 views
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by incanto: 12:18pm On Jul 12, 2012
@Slimyem, how do i find out
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by Serpentine(f): 4:58pm On Jul 12, 2012
I call when I have something to discuss. I think it is childish to expect someone to call and text all the time.It annoys and irritates me when I feel someone is expecting me to check in with them every few hours. There is only so much you can say once the relationship is established before you are just calling to boost the phone company's profits.

However did we manage to maintain relationships before we had mobile Phones? Yet somehow we did, and people loved just as much.

1 Like

Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by MrsChima(f): 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2012
Serpentine: I call when I have something to discuss. I think it is childish to expect someone to call and text all the time.It annoys and irritates me when I feel someone is expecting me to check in with them every few hours. There is only so much you can say once the relationship is established before you are just calling to boost the phone company's profits.

However did we manage to maintain relationships before we had mobile Phones? Yet somehow we did, and people loved just as much.

It is a difference between dating and marriage. If you are dating then it is a moot point but if you are married and have an issue with your spouse expecting a call or text from you even if it is everyday then something is wrong with the relationship.

Even if you are dating exclusively and your partner feel like you are interested elsewhere.....communication sucks.
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by kemiola89(f): 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2012
*singing! If you ask me, na who i go ask* lolzzz. Honestly! I've been into such relationship b4 where my guy calls just twice in a month, i culdnt help but quit. i keep wondering why a person would claim to love his/her partner bt hardly calls to check on em.
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by slimyem: 6:22pm On Jul 12, 2012
incanto: @Slimyem, how do i find out
i'm not the one in the relationship so i can't say per se!
I'm sure there'd be tell-tale signs if she doesnt really love you sometime along the line..
People whose partners do not love them in relationships know it most times but choose to ignore it!
You'd know which it is in time and act accordingly as u like it!
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by cog1: 10:02am On Jul 13, 2012
@ Serpentine,I gbadun your reply
I also believe the guy can also try to find out if monetary
Issues are involved.
What I mean is that you need money to
Buy recharge cards and if the girl in question isn't working
Then pray,where will the money come from for the cards?
I noticed he didn't say the girl disturbs him for money.
Op try sending her cards sometimes since you know she's not working.
Then watch if the situation improves or not.
Blessed day.
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by chikk(f): 11:01am On Jul 13, 2012
cog1: @ Serpentine,I gbadun your reply
I also believe the guy can also try to find out if monetary
Issues are involved.
What I mean is that you need money to
Buy recharge cards and if the girl in question isn't working
Then pray,where will the money come from for the cards?
I noticed he didn't say the girl disturbs him for money.
Op try sending her cards sometimes since you know she's not working.
Then watch if the situation improves or not.
Blessed day.

hmm. I think u have a point here but then, he has asked her and she never said money was her problem, she says thats the way she is. So i think if thats the fact and she truely loves the guy, then she should adjust nah haba. Personaly, i can neither do, nor take such. But OP, How sure are u that she loves u? It might be a sign that she doesnt o
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by shizzle11(m): 4:36pm On Jul 13, 2012
Op, if she doesn't call you to check on you, then believe me she doesn't love you, it's that simple. U'll be surprised she's just hanging on cos of what she gets from you. I bet you the moment someone better off (i.e in her summation) comes around, she'll dump your sorry a_ss, that is if she's not secretly seeing someone else already.

Assignment: try to establish if she has another boyfriend(i bet she does)

My advice: summon the courage to quit, it may seem difficult esp if you love her, but i bet it's not worth it wasting time and energy on who doesn't care about you. It could be tough to let go but you'll be glad you did if you eventaully take a bow. Good luck to you!
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by MrsChima(f): 9:46am On Jul 14, 2012
kemiola89: *singing! If you ask me, na who i go ask* lolzzz. Honestly! I've been into such relationship b4 where my guy calls just twice in a month, i culdnt help but quit. i keep wondering why a person would claim to love his/her partner bt hardly calls to check on em.

Beats the hell out of me too and especially if it is a spouse/partner! undecided undecided undecided

Thank God for good communication skills and common sense!
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by incanto: 7:30pm On Jul 14, 2012
Thanks all for your reply. Why i put this up here is cos the whole thing beats my imagination too. I tried the recharge card thing but things didnt improve. I had made up my mind after exploring every avenue to make d relationship work to quit but just wanted to be sure im not doing the wrong thing. Its kinda painful though but like someone said, i guess i will be happier on the long run i did this... I appreciate once again
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by babtunde1: 9:59am On Jul 15, 2012
Eya sorry, am also on it now. I do everything to let her know that I love her and willing to marry her without not finish her secondary school. She told me is the lack money from his father but still yet,I told her I will pay her school fee if she feel like continue but she collected one term money and die it down. Until her sister told me that their father pay for her school fees, Nowadays she don't even come to check me or call again but still yet am still try everyday to call her. Whenever I call her is the second that noormally pick it, idea they told she not around even I call 8 am, I will still hear that she not around but whenever I saw her,she will tell me she think everyday about me till I heard from one of her sister that am the one dying for her not she. I don't know may be I should sit her down and tell her how I wish she Could be the one I wish to marry. Don't forget I do everything to care for her,phone,card,cloth,and also feeding money. But the only thing she normally say is go and rent ur own house. Plz ur advice is needed,I don't know may be I should forget about her or still hold till she change.
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by kittykat1(f): 10:27am On Jul 15, 2012
bab-tunde:
Eya sorry, am also on it now. I do everything to let her know that I love her and willing to marry her without not finish her secondary school. She told me is the lack money from his father but still yet,I told her I will pay her school fee if she feel like continue but she collected one term money and die it down. Until her sister told me that their father pay for her school fees, Nowadays she don't even come to check me or call again but still yet am still try everyday to call her. Whenever I call her is the second that noormally pick it, idea they told she not around even I call 8 am, I will still hear that she not around but whenever I saw her,she will tell me she think everyday about me till I heard from one of her sister that am the one dying for her not she. I don't know may be I should sit her down and tell her how I wish she Could be the one I wish to marry. Don't forget I do everything to care for her,phone,card,cloth,and also feeding money. But the only thing she normally say is go and rent ur own house. Plz ur advice is needed,I don't know may be I should forget about her or still hold till she change.

Forget about her
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by angiemartinez(f): 2:07pm On Jul 15, 2012
how can she say she is like that. Dont she cal her friends, family? That is not an excuse, or beter stil she shud do withot handset.
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by Sijo01(f): 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2012
There's no way i wont call if i like sombdy nt to talk of luv.
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by Nobody: 2:29am On Jul 16, 2012
S2
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by Mynd44: 2:35am On Jul 16, 2012
She might actually like you
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by doeeyed: 2:44am On Jul 16, 2012
Have u relayed to her that her telephone "apathy" is affecting ur feelings?
Are there other reasons for these.... ie financial: as she is not asking for money??

She may simply be BUSY and just settling into the relationship.

Give her a little more time.

Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by Nobody: 2:58am On Jul 16, 2012
zx cn
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by Mynd44: 3:07am On Jul 16, 2012
sosoluv:
Lol shame on u
Are you not supposed to be sticking to some agreement you made up which is for us to avoid one another?
Abeg find another lane ooooooo
Re: Can You Love Someone Without Checking On Or Calling The Person? by Mynd44: 3:07am On Jul 16, 2012
doe-eyed:
Have u relayed to her that her telephone "apathy" is affecting ur feelings?
Are there other reasons for these.... ie financial: as she is not asking for money??

She may simply be BUSY and just settling into the relationship.

Give her a little more time.

How are you doing?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get A Woman Phone Number And Email In 3minutes Or Less Anytime, Anyplace / Will You Kiss A Frog? / A Cheating Husband Wanted To Divorce His Wife.The Wife’s Response Will Amaze You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.