Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide (9387 Views)

Pix : See How A Principal Decided To Solve Examination Malpractice In His School / WAEC Dragged To Federal High Court Abuja Over Examination Malpractice / Pictures: Could This Be The Best Way Of Curbing Exam Malpractice In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by dani1luv: 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2012
[size=8pt]The Director General National Orientation Agency (NOA) Mr. Mike Omeri on Tuesday said that Nigeria has been
ranked number one in the world's examination malpractice index.

Speaking in Lokoja during the launch of campaign to raise integrity standard in the nation's educational
system organized by the NOA in collaboration with Exam Ethics Marshals International, he said the situation
has led to the production of half baked graduates and collapse of the education sector.

According to him, report on examination malpractice in the country contains very disturbing information as it puts the average annual examination malpractice index at 12 per cent.

"In May/June school certificate examination conducted by NECO, a total of 615, 010 cases of malpractice were
recorded while 439,529 were recorded in the 2011 examination. The phenomenon has graduated into a highly
complex and organized crime perpetuated by private and community owned schools," he said.

Governor Idris Wada in speech assured that he would work hard to eliminate examination malpractice in Kogi
State, but pointed out that it requires concerted efforts from all stakeholders.
[/size]

www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news/171616-nigeria-tops-examination-malpractice-index
Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by Tsmooth1(m): 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2012
@poster, source.
Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2012
Duh!

lmao!
Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by Afam4eva(m): 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2012
Who wan top am before?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by amosy007: 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2012
Non sense! I wonder what these intend to gain in all these rubbish statistics they put out to disregard nigeria!

Nigeria always top every bad thing! Small time nigeria will be top d number country that fart/piss in the world.. Crap!

And sum people will believe all these stupiid statistics that was carried out in a room While eating amala or apku with draw soup

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2012
amosy007: Non sense! I wonder what these intend to gain in all these rubbish statistics they put out to disregard nigeria

mu ye ye ye @ "patriotic" Nigerian.
Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by saints2(f): 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2012
God of mercy, I became afraid when a primary 6 student starts looking for 'odu' to pass a common enterance exam. Where have we got it wrong? Let the change starts from ourselves, if we truly change, those in govt will sit up.
Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by DammyFx: 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2012
Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by amosy007: 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

mu ye ye ye @ "patriotic" Nigerian.
yeah thats me! And am proud to be a nigeria

Can u now fhuck off.. Useless boy with no country and fake identity
Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2012
amosy007:
yeah thats me! And am proud to be a nigeria

Can u now fhuck off.. Useless boy with no country and fake identity

Now that is just not nice angry

Did you mean "a Nigerian"? Look, you can't even say it lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by Michrach: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2012
If na true then we don dey lead for something cos we don tire to dey carry last for everything. UP NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by Parnassuss(m): 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2012
In every society the world over the simple system of checking malpractice is to punish it. Where students in schools are found to err, they are held back or denied entry into good tertiary schools, essentially limiting their future prospects and ensuring that those cheats most likely do not end up in positions of leadership or power.
In Nigeria, with our blind reliance on paper qualification, we have encouraged students to take the path of least resistance by not make that road the difficult one. They cheat cos its sooo easy to so, and because nobody questions the grades as long as they are good. This, like every thing wrong in Naija today, is simply another tentacle of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by kayswag100(m): 1:39pm On Jul 13, 2012
complete nonsense!
Nigeria, according to THESE ppl, tops any negative list!!
When Nigeria Tops any positive list, THEY would say it is not verifiable!
Rubbish!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by amosy007: 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

whatever!
.. Omo ale ghana tongue tongue grin
Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2012
kayswag100: complete nonsense!
Nigeria, according to THESE ppl, tops any negative list!!
When Nigeria Tops any positive list, THEY would say it is not verifiable!
Rubbish!!!!

When they said Nigeria is #5 of the world sexiest accent, weren't you amongst those that started posting romantic videos on Youtube?

Don't even make me post the video you did with [b]amosy007 [/b]on NL. Beware!!

I know say you be one babalawo doctor, I dey watch you.
Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by funshybam(m): 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2012
trust now, naija no dey carry last. NAIJA MY COUNTIRI
Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by josephsuberu(m): 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2012
No need to complain or grumble.if u wanna see changes in nigeria,you've to be the changes u wanna see.it start from u.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by Reference(m): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2012
Not politicians hugging the headlines this time but perhaps in another fifteen to twenty years we will be asked to vote one of these to high office.

The difference between bread and cake is primarily in the dough.

Anyway, when we get sick and tired of corruption. When the cost - benefit ratio reverses, then and only then will we take the steps to rid our society. Right now in our history, crime does pay.
Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by sheunpompey1: 1:58pm On Jul 13, 2012
This is highly visible in some of our colleges and Univ. Gaining admission thru' scam, how are u going to make a good product
Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by KINGwax(m): 1:58pm On Jul 13, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

alright, alright, u can shut up now. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 13, 2012
Why do we always top negative list in the world?
Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2012
If the word "NIGERIA" in itself is a malpractice, why cant exams in it be a malpractice? For foreigners viewing this thread, IF YOU THINK THAT NIGERIA IS CORRUPT, BAD AND BACKWARD, YOU ARE UNDER -ESTIMATING MY COUNTRY. We are worse than the above. Just watch the news everyday. You will believe me. Truthful Nigerians Know In Their Hearts That We Are Going down everyday. And yet, absolutely nothing is being done about it!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by amosy007: 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2012
Adetayo100: Why do we always top negative list in the world?
thats becoz some unpatriotic scum derive enjoyment in painting nigeria(ns) bad to d world.
Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by hardbody: 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2012
The Ohuabunwas and the Emeagwalis and those other Nigerians pulling rugs off the feet of Oyinbo people in their universities are also doing those based on skills acquired through exam malpractises. Anyways, i always thought that being a 'first' or coming out tops implied dexterity. In simple terms therefore we are good in what we do, and we can only do better.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by pomporiking: 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2012
Abeg jare all dis otondo..dey just dey jealous as we dey see expo die..let d oda countries see expo lik naija make we see wetin go happen

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by Gbaba1: 2:27pm On Jul 13, 2012
nah today, may be him buy result sef
Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by akinmusi(m): 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2012
That's a typical syndrome of Naija. It's everywhere. I beg make I pass
Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by gulfer: 2:37pm On Jul 13, 2012
afam4eva: Who wan top am before?
Non nah but the country enjoying fresh air! angry angry
Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by Freddieyankee(m): 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2012
Naija no dey carry last..... Just name it, from corruption,poor infrastructure, bribe, govt stealing from the poor, bad road, electricity, no water and more....... Only in naija will big man steal millions and b sentenced to 6months in jail while a poor steals a blackberry and get locked up for 3 years if not more..... Naija I hail ooo
Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by Joey82(m): 2:59pm On Jul 13, 2012
i'ld be surprised if Nigeria is not on top of the list.
lots of miracle centers everywhere,
students leaving towns in droves to go and write ssce in the villages when its going to be same question paper everywhere.
graduates of uniport who cant even speak the language they used to obtain their first degrees.
a student once told me he got 5 credit in maths, i thought it was a slip of tongue and asked again, was surprised when he said same thing all over again.
can u imagine? graduating people with results they cant even interprete.
Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by adefash(m): 3:04pm On Jul 13, 2012
I could remember in those days,there was what was called "black book" the name of any student with questionable character will be writen in the book. a student could not be admited into any other school without a letter from the principal of his previous school and the reason for the transfer must be stated. alll those values are gone.9ja,a country where good values are swept under the carpet and lies are celebrated.hm!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Tops Examination Malpractice Index World-wide by maigaskiya1: 3:15pm On Jul 13, 2012
dani1luv:

www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news/171616-nigeria-tops-examination-malpractice-index
congrats nija its nt easy 2 cm fist in a world of 240 countries.up nija

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC / World Scholarship Database. / Dentistry Vs Pharmacy....which Is More Lucrative!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.