Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti (12087 Views)

University Student beaten to death Over Girlfriend In Jigawa / Pregnant Woman Beaten To Coma / Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by tunnytox(m): 9:20am On Jul 13, 2012
That's why I always say that we need a lot of reorientation in Nigeria, judging by comment from someone like Tsmooth and few others on this forum it is obvious that many Nigerians have this mindset. They'll use Bible verses that suit them like: "suffer not a witch ti live", " bring all tithes to my house" , "touch not my annointed" etc as much as it suit them. But if you mention verses in the Bible that commands women never to lead in the church, prohibit Jews not not eat pork, offering of sacrifices, unclean women during menstration, etc, they'll say "old things have passed away" SMH
When the judgement of God shall descend on these hypocrites their weeping shall have no end.
What do you expect in Nigerian Christendom when MOG are celebrated for slapping witches? Hypocrites!
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by true2god: 9:20am On Jul 13, 2012
Witchcraft or black magic is too real to be ignored. The bible, the quran, our traditional religion identified this and all of dem attest to it as evil. Even the white pple identified this evil called witchcraft. There is no race or tribe this practice is not recognizd irrespective of some obvious denial in some quaters. Since its a spiritual practice it is very difficult to accuse someone against it cos accusations against pple practisng it lack proof. However if one is caught wit obvious proof of witchcraft i will encourage dey be killed cos dey will wreck havok and misery to their community cos of evil forces using dem. Pple may not believ in their existence but they r too real. I dnt knw if u hav stayed in riverine communities of ilaje in ondo state, and some part of cross river state, pple will understand better. I have stayed wit this pple and to some of dem its just a way of life. It takes pple wit strong spiritual power to stay in dose places and make a meaningful life. I stand to accept critisism on dis.

3 Likes

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by ebonyfades: 9:21am On Jul 13, 2012
T-smooth:
@khaddafi, because she be witch. I hate witch and evil doer. Anybody suspected of witchcraft should be executed and they did good by executing her.
You are a goat and a shame to the educated youths of Nigeria. Did u confirm she was a witch? Did u hear that she confessed. Just like they cursed you before, all your sisters, mothers and aunties shall be accused of witchcraft and beaten to death in front of your very own eyes. slowpoke!!!
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Nasri100(m): 9:23am On Jul 13, 2012
T-smooth i feel like B*** slapping you right now!
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by jmaine: 9:25am On Jul 13, 2012
Sad & embarassing event embarassed
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by lacasa: 9:25am On Jul 13, 2012
Height of backward thinking anϑ primiitive/barbaric action

This country is a disgrace
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 13, 2012
And na so so story police go de talk. What nonsense! Se na people wey get work de go find witch? Instead of employing one's powers to produce value, na so people go de de find who jaz dem.
I just hope that the family really pursues this and that the police won't start on a new series of stories after they get names. What I hate is the fact that stories like this fall out of significance after the first mention. I hope this is fully pursued and resolved. This foolishness of mob justice must be stamped out in Nigeria. Who is safe with that kind of phenomenon still possible?
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Akprof(m): 9:30am On Jul 13, 2012
What a shameful story from my town! Oga o lipsrsealed
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Tsmooth1(m): 9:31am On Jul 13, 2012
some of this otondos have not been to their villages for years, why? because of this same witch craft. Some of them are in yankees, or in Big cities. so i guess u dont knw anything about witch craft. I repeat anybody convicted of witch craft should be executed.

1 Like

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 13, 2012
tunnytox: That's why I always say that we need a lot of reorientation in Nigeria, judging by comment from someone like Khadaffi and few others on this forum it is obvious that many Nigerians have this mindset. They'll use Bible verses that suit them like: "suffer not a witch ti live", " bring all tithes to my house" , "touch not my annointed" etc as much as it suit them. But if you mention verses in the Bible that commands women never to lead in the church, prohibit Jews not not eat pork, offering of sacrifices, unclean women during menstration, etc, they'll say "old things have passed away" SMH
When the judgement of God shall descend on these hypocrites their weeping shall have no end.
What do you expect in Nigerian Christendom when MOG are celebrated for slapping witches? Hypocrites!

It wasn't Khaddafi, bro. It was T-smooth, the fool!
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Freiburger(m): 9:32am On Jul 13, 2012
binger: Suffer not the witch to live! Let the witch die...and 4 dis matter,it doesn't need any proof.by their fruits u knw them.i think the villagers did d ryt thing
I never knew people like you still exist, completely locked down.
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by jmaine: 9:35am On Jul 13, 2012
T-smooth:
some of this otondos have not been to their villages for years, why? because of this same witch craft. Some of them are in yankees, or in Big cities. so i guess u dont knw anything about witch craft. I repeat anybody convicted of witch craft should be executed.

Hopefully either you,your old parents or siblings will be accused as being one . . .and prompt execution should follow innit cool . .

3 Likes

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by ifihearam: 9:38am On Jul 13, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by sayso: 9:38am On Jul 13, 2012
T-smooth:

you are young and smiling now,time will come for your old age,just be prepared for it.When we see old people we assume they are our problems.How can you open your mouth to support this barbaric act of murder?
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by movicy(m): 9:39am On Jul 13, 2012
bible support dis action let no witch liveth but to die,no wonder"BIBLE IS VIOLENCE

1 Like

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 13, 2012
true2god: Witchcraft or black magic is too real to be ignored. The bible, the quran, our traditional religion identified this and all of dem attest to it as evil. Even the white pple identified this evil called witchcraft. There is no race or tribe this practice is not recognizd irrespective of some obvious denial in some quaters. Since its a spiritual practice it is very difficult to accuse someone against it cos accusations against pple practisng it lack proof. However if one is caught wit obvious proof of witchcraft i will encourage dey be killed cos dey will wreck havok and misery to their community cos of evil forces using dem. Pple may not believ in their existence but they r too real. I dnt knw if u hav stayed in riverine communities of ilaje in ondo state, and some part of cross river state, pple will understand better. I have stayed wit this pple and to some of dem its just a way of life. It takes pple wit strong spiritual power to stay in dose places and make a meaningful life. I stand to accept critisism on dis.

I do not contend that spiritual powers and witchcraft are not real. But if the justification for mobbing a 70-yr old woman that society should be looking after is that accusation of witchcraft cannot be proved, then it means that anyone can be killed if enough people suspect him or her of witchcraft whether he or she is guilty or not. FOOLISHNESS!!! Instead of mob frenzy, why not a parliament? Why don't the people of those areas you spoke of come together and come to a consensus as to what witchcraft is, how to determine if someone accused of it is guilty or not and what punishment should be laid on guilty persons? Isn't that a more reasonable and a fairer approach?

2 Likes

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by faithin9ja: 9:43am On Jul 13, 2012
T-smooth:

I actually go to my village regularly. I have a house there, many people from my ethnic group don't go home because dem dey fear witch. Ignorant fools!!!!

People like you and my ignorant relatives make Nigeria what it is, you are waiting for a miracle to improve your life and any setback you blame on witches.
The day they make special ssistamt or commissioner, etc you will be so corrupt, why because you will believe it is your time and you have overcome the witches and wizards.

Rather than work hard and use good ideas to better yourself you are looking for old women or young children to blame.

When they accuse your mother, sister and daughters maybe then you will see the error of your backward ways.

2 Likes

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Freiburger(m): 9:45am On Jul 13, 2012
T-smooth:
What i ununderstood from what you just said is, witches only exist in the villages right?
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by 3kay945(m): 9:45am On Jul 13, 2012
they should have tap into her knowledge of witchcraft, it might be useful in some positive ways if they can earnest it properly.

1 Like

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Oluesther(f): 9:46am On Jul 13, 2012
This is very bad o!
These witches self!!
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 13, 2012
T-smooth:

T-smooth, you be confirmed i.d.i.o.t! You hear? Na u convict am? Me I don convict u of witchcraft, u get luck say dem no de use electronic stones stone person to death. I no de abuse person o, but u ehn, u no well. U be very wicked person, make I tell u.

1 Like

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Niggmatic: 9:47am On Jul 13, 2012
Again, what is the essence of hiding posts when you want to quote they all will reappear? moderator are you that d^mb!
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 13, 2012
movicy: bible support dis action let no witch liveth but to die,no wonder"BIBLE IS VIOLENCE

abeg no talk wetin u no know!
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by cindyrella(f): 9:52am On Jul 13, 2012
T-smooth:
Very Good story to hear, more grease to their elbow.
Dude, are you sure you are ok?
(I mean upstairs) what is good about this story? Smh
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by tunnytox(m): 9:56am On Jul 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:

It wasn't Khaddafi, bro. It was T-smooth, the fool!
I'm sorry for the mix up
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 13, 2012
U no even get better post for ya profile sef, T-smooth. Na so so notice-me, nonsense yarns u sabi post. Mtchwww
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by malc619(m): 9:57am On Jul 13, 2012
T-smooth:
T O A D......
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Oluesther(f): 9:58am On Jul 13, 2012
The best way to catch and kill witches:
when you feel somebody is a witch and comes to eat your flesh at night, set a trap for him or her. When they enter your house as a rat or cat, catch that animal and kill it. The witch will die. In that way you have killed the witch without killing or shedding a human blood. Lol!!!

Thou shall not kill your fellow human being, for whatsoever reason, says the Bible. Suffer not a witch to live, does not mean you should kill them physically. It means you should use prayer to scatter their works, in that way you are killing them spiritually. Vengeance belongs to God, my people.
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by nonesense: 10:05am On Jul 13, 2012
jmaine:

Hopefully either you,your old parents or siblings will be accused as being one . . .and prompt execution should follow innit cool . .
Wetin dey pain you self, shey your mama na witch? Nonsense!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Gajiram In Borno, Four killed, Twelve Women Missing / NDLEA Seizes 34,950 Tramadol, Diazepam Capsules Going To Borno In Lagos / EFCC Arrests Gambian, Others For Illegal Oil Deal In Lagos (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.