Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,035 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti (12086 Views)

University Student beaten to death Over Girlfriend In Jigawa / Pregnant Woman Beaten To Coma / Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Freiburger(m): 10:12am On Jul 13, 2012
Another tribal war? man up guys.
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by freecocoa(f): 10:18am On Jul 13, 2012
Seriously? In this age and time?

Like someone already said,how come its only kids and helpless old women that are accused of witchcraft? And why does it always have to be in villages?

Does it mean witches don't live\operate in cities? How about wizards? Why don't we hear that a man was beaten to death for wizardry? or is it only women that are into the dark art in Nigeria?

Its really a pity,i shake my head for the ignorance of so many people in this country,even the ones who claim to be educated.

Just how did they confirm that she was a witch?if she really is one sef,by what we hear about witches,those people that killed her should be ready because she's coming back for them,nonsense people.angry
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Ejine(m): 10:24am On Jul 13, 2012
@OP

What an unbelieveably retrogressive set of barbarians!!! angry
It's bad enough they mercilessly beat up the frail old woman... But forcing her to orally take in those harsh chemical drugs, and beating up her daughter and niece?

I swear, everyone in that community needs to be arrested! angry

1 Like

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by watergate(m): 10:24am On Jul 13, 2012
awwww....My home town in the news. grin

1 Like

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Ejine(m): 10:26am On Jul 13, 2012
I guess tribalists have already hijacked this thread.

I should try to be a little more picky when it comes to threads I post on these days undecided
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by jmaine: 10:28am On Jul 13, 2012
nonesense: Wetin dey pain you self, shey your mama na witch? Nonsense!

Yes my mama na witch, she use her witchcraft give me better training,education about life;

she use her witchcraft take dey very successful in life sotay na she be top class in her career field;

she use her witch take train her younger siblings to tertiary education, and now them dey enjoy the benefits of her witchcraft assistance;

she still use her witchcraft power dey help the needy in our extended family and even strangers

My mama na one big correct witch wey don impact positively to everyone around her . . .and they all appreciate her immense witchcraft powers that has been a blessing to them grin . . .

Who no be witch for him level, it's only takes a flimsy accusation to unleash the fatal rabid mob on the innocent . . .
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by freecocoa(f): 10:28am On Jul 13, 2012
movicy: bible support dis action let no witch liveth but to die,no wonder"BIBLE IS VIOLENCE
Your migraine causing grammar is enough reason to stone you death incase you don't know.

F00lish people abound everywhere these days,makes me wonder if its something in the air.

Next time be mute if you have nothing to say because,it is better to keep silent and be thought a f00l than to speak and remove\clear all doubt.

1 Like

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Freiburger(m): 10:30am On Jul 13, 2012
Ejiné: I guess tribalists have already hijacked this thread.

I should try to be a little more picky when it comes to threads I post on these days undecided
And these guys think they are better than the witch killers or even the so- called witch.
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by noiseless: 10:35am On Jul 13, 2012
Some people turn overnight SUPERMEN when it comes to attacking the weak and defensless,but when the real known killer comes calling they will be postrating or go running off and begging. Why not perform deliverance on her? the height of cowardice!
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Otu7(m): 10:40am On Jul 13, 2012
good ridance 2bad evil. Evn d bible said: sufer nt a witchn2 leave. Ds wud deter oda enemies of progres 2 change
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Tsmooth1(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2012
I know why some of u are blabbing, because una mama na witch and una de fear make dem no kill her, God go punish all those dat support witch craft. una mama would be stone to death. I know say my mama no be witch so I got nothing to fear.
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by bumps(m): 10:44am On Jul 13, 2012
Fountain of ignorance and. backwardness. Lol no suprise in a state where aggression is an habit.a state where govs can only dream of single term.their approach to life has to be positive 4 them to move forward
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Freiburger(m): 10:44am On Jul 13, 2012
T-smooth:
I know why some of u are blabbing, because una mama na witch and una de fear make dem no kill her, God go punish all those dat support witch craft. una mama would be stone to death. I know say my mama no be witch so I got nothing to fear.
You sound like one that has been tormented by a so-called witch for a very long time, how can i help you bro?

1 Like

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by jmaine: 10:57am On Jul 13, 2012
T-smooth:
I know why some of u are blabbing, because una mama na witch and una de fear make dem no kill her, God go punish all those dat support <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">witch craft</a>. una mama would be stone to death. I know say my mama no be witch so I got nothing to fear.

As a kind hearted man . .I no go invoke punishment but blessing . . .and here it goes :-

Make Satan powerfully and immensely bless all peeps wey support and carry out this barbaric act grin .

Receive ya blessing !!! Afterall, bibeli talk say make we bless those wey curse us (misquoting the bible intentionally as those who chose to support this despicable act by misquoting the bible).

Again brother, receive ya blessing cheesy
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by emyguz(m): 11:01am On Jul 13, 2012
We really need to study psychology.
Most of you are stupidly blind to reality.
We just jump into hypothetical conclusions without proper investigations.
Those people who perpetrated the act must be brought to justice.
Have we ever stopped to consider if the poor woman were to be your own mother?
Why then did the children file a report.

I hate religious bigots.
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Elueme: 11:07am On Jul 13, 2012
News you hear from barbaric and ignorant societies.. Who are the witches? The poor wretched old village dwellers or the rich occultic, blood thirsty wearing human faces in our cities and being worshipped? God help their ignorance
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 13, 2012
A 70-year-old woman, Mrs Rebecca Adewumi, has been reported killed by a gang of youths in Omuo-Ekiti, Ekiti East Local Government Area of the Ekiti State. She was accused of having a hand in the protracted ailment of her 33-year-old stepson, Ola.

A daughter of the slain woman, Mrs. Grace Smith, said she left Lagos to attend to her mother when Ola took ill.

She said the man was taken to a church in Omuo-Oke for spiritual healing.

Mrs Smith explained that she saw Ola on May 9 at the church and gave him some money and prayed for his quick recovery.

The woman said she had not left the church when Ola’s mother accused Madam Rebecca of causing Ola’s illness.

Ola’s mother allegedly said her last child, Feranmi, dreamt about the late woman’s complicity in Ola’s illness.
Read More

To think the seeds of this septuagenarian violent end lies in the sub-conscious mind of a certain Feranmi, in the year 2012 angry
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by freecocoa(f): 11:17am On Jul 13, 2012
Otu7: good ridance 2bad evil. Evn d bible said: sufer nt a witchn2 leave. Ds wud deter oda enemies of progres 2 change
The most annoying thing about the stup1d lot of you that come here using the bible as a defense for your f00lishness\ignorance is that,you can't even construct a sentence in simple basic and unadulterated english,yet you want to rub shoulders with intelligent\learned people.

Y'all should thank your stars slaps can't be sent via the internet,all of you would have been deaf by now,bunch of nitwits.angry

1 Like

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by freecocoa(f): 11:22am On Jul 13, 2012
T-smooth:
Your f00lishness smells up to the high heavens,even the angels shake their heads\weep for you because your case can't be helped,its really a pity,take heart and try living the rest of your miserable life in quietness because exhibiting this type of ignorance will only hasten your death.
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by dotcomnamename: 11:23am On Jul 13, 2012
tunnytox: That's why I always say that we need a lot of reorientation in Nigeria, judging by comment from someone like Khadaffi and few others on this forum it is obvious that many Nigerians have this mindset. They'll use Bible verses that suit them like: "suffer not a witch ti live", " bring all tithes to my house" , "touch not my annointed" etc as much as it suit them. But if you mention verses in the Bible that commands women never to lead in the church, prohibit Jews not not eat pork, offering of sacrifices, unclean women during menstration, etc, they'll say "old things have passed away" SMH
When the judgement of God shall descend on these hypocrites their weeping shall have no end.
What do you expect in Nigerian Christendom when MOG are celebrated for slapping witches? Hypocrites!

U nack the wall. Don't mind dem jare. See bellow pic whom they are grin

1 Like

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 13, 2012
nonesense: Wetin dey pain you self, shey your mama na witch? Nonsense!
Otu7: good ridance 2bad evil. Evn d bible said: sufer nt a witchn2 leave. Ds wud deter oda enemies of progres 2 change
T-smooth:

all of una wey I quote...... ah, if i talk as e de for ma mind, na my words go kill una...una life no good!
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by freecocoa(f): 11:28am On Jul 13, 2012
^Now that's hilarious,got me laughing out loud grin grin grin.
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 13, 2012
emyguz: We really need to study psychology.
Most of you are stupidly blind to reality.
We just jump into hypothetical conclusions without proper investigations.
Those people who perpetrated the act must be brought to justice.
Have we ever stopped to consider if the poor woman were to be your own mother?
Why then did the children file a report.

I hate religious bigots.

Absolutely.

If anyone knows how to get in touch with the lawyer employed by this family, please let me know.
I would be more than willing to make a small financial contribution, not only to ensure that justice is done in this instance, but also with a view to increasing awareness about the damage such acts of inhumanity inflict on our collective psyche.
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by cyril83(m): 11:44am On Jul 13, 2012
watergate: awwww....My home town in the news. grin
take your mother outta that town,if you really want her to eat the fruit of her labour
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Tsmooth1(m): 11:48am On Jul 13, 2012
@freecocoa, gorilla and co. What are ur problems? if u dont believe in witchcraft so be it, why all d abuse? abegi make i ask una, which day una carry una don ever carry una sorry arse go village?
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by cyril83(m): 11:50am On Jul 13, 2012
T-smooth:
you are a kid,none of your post make sense beside why do you prefer pidgin to english,most people may find it difficult to understand the rubbish you put up there...una una una,what's d meanin?
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by sheunpompey1: 11:52am On Jul 13, 2012
This is just maddness. Africans and their mumuish character
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by emyguz(m): 11:52am On Jul 13, 2012
T-smooth:
I neva knew u were this foolish
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by freecocoa(f): 12:01pm On Jul 13, 2012
T-smooth:
@freecocoa, gorilla and co. What are ur problems? if u dont believe in witchcraft so be it, why all d abuse? abegi make i ask una, which day una carry una don ever carry una sorry arse go village?
Again shut your ignorant smelly gutter of a mouth.

Its really annoying that someone can be this stup1d,what do you know about me and my village?do you know if i'm in my hometown now?why display so much f00lishness in a public place?

Assuming the said woman is really a witch,why kill her because someone said he dreamt she was the cause of an illness?omg how does that even sound to you?is it reasonable?do you have anything in your brain box?i mean even if its sawdust or sand sef,is there anything inside your skull at all?

Kai i wish there is a witch i can contact to help me locate you,you need brain transplant,a goat's brain will be better than having none at all,person.angry

1 Like

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by emyguz(m): 12:04pm On Jul 13, 2012
HERE IS VANGUARD'S VERSION OF THE STORY.

"How she was tortured in Ekiti palace, by daughter
ADO-EKITI—A 70-year-old woman, Mrs. Rebecca Adewumi, was, yesterday, lynched by a mob in Omuo-Ekiti, Ekiti State, overalleged witchcraft, even as the deceased family petitioned the police, asking for justice.
Narrating the ordeal her mother passed through to newsmen in Ado-Ekiti, the first daughter of the deceased, Mrs. Grace Smith, said her mother was invited to the palace of Olomuo, ObaNoah Omonigbehin, some time last May on allegation that she used her witchcraft power to harm her step-son,one Ola.
“On getting to Olomuo’s palace, the family was askedto come the following day at 6a.m. and on the said day, the palace was full to the brim. She was then asked to UnCloth to the pants, after which a series of questions were asked. My mother was then given a concoction (Oboleave)said to make witches confess and die. My dear mother was told that she would die within seven days if she was involved in Ola’s matter.
Woman forced to drink concoction
“Nine days passed and nothing happened and I left for my base in Lagos. Three weeks after, June 26, some youths in the town went to our house and brought out my mother and forced her to drink a poisonous item. Theythen took her outside into the rain where she was beaten and subjected to serious torture. When she was almost dying they took her back into her room and laid her on the bed. She diedon June 30.
”While she was being beaten, some youths went tothe house of her younger sister, Mrs Anike Orojo, whowas also beaten for daring to cater for her.”
Corpse missing
Grace said of the family members knew the whereabout of the corpse of her late mother.
Commenting on the incident, the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Sotonye Wakama, said the police got report about the incident and the petition by the family.
The police boss narrated how the state Attorney- General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Dayo Akinlaja, contacted him aboutthe issue on the said day. He said nobody had been arrested because no eyewitness to the alleged crime had come forward to identify any suspect.
Wakama said police could notrely on the names listed by the lawyers in their petition because they were not at the scene of the alleged crime.
Wakama said the command would send an ambulance to Omuo-Ekiti to bring the corpse for autopsy at a government hospital in Ado-Ekiti.The police boss said a member of the deceased’s family, who was reportedly an eyewitness, had agreed to come forward and identify the suspects. Hepromised that justice would be done in the matter.
When contacted on phone, Oba Omonigbehin asked reporters to come over to Omuo-Ekiti along with the persons who said they were witnesses to the incident.
Meanwhile, the family’s lawyer, Mr. Dele Omotoso, in a petition dated July 5, to the police, claimed that Mrs. Adewumi was subjected to trial by ordeal. He urged the police to investigate the circumstances leading to her death".

Source > http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/alleged-witchcraft-woman-70-lynched-over-step-sons-ordeal/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shocking Pics: Man With, Woman Breast, Butts, And A Pennis! / Boko Haram Attacks Gajiram In Borno, Four killed, Twelve Women Missing / NDLEA Seizes 34,950 Tramadol, Diazepam Capsules Going To Borno In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.