Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Thank God I'm Not An Atheist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thank God I'm Not An Atheist (1724 Views)

God I'm lost without you / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thank God I'm Not An Atheist by Revolutnz: 11:31pm On Jul 13, 2012
[quote author=mkmyers45][/quote]

Sorry my friend, you cannot say you love GOD and reject his son, Jesus Christ, who is the WORD of GOD. Remember, John chapter 1:1 says, In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with GOD, and the WORD was GOD.
Re: Thank God I'm Not An Atheist by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 13, 2012
Re: Thank God I'm Not An Atheist by mkmyers45(m): 11:45pm On Jul 13, 2012
omo_to_dun:

You are working with the assumption that whenever anyone mentions God, he or she is referencing Jehovah, the Christian God. This is wrong!

There are sundry religions in the world; hence, sundry Gods. You have no more proof of your God than they do of theirs. Saying your God is the only God is akin to saying your mother is the best mother. Everyone says that! And logically, everyone cannot be right.

This is a quintessential example of petitio principii, that is, begging the question.

You cannot prove that you are right by quoting from a book that not all people accept as true. Would you believe a Muslim who quotes from the Quran to support his or her premises? Argue using logic, not the Bible, because not all folks believe in it.
WORD
Re: Thank God I'm Not An Atheist by Revolutnz: 11:55pm On Jul 13, 2012
omo_to_dun:

You are working with the assumption that whenever anyone mentions God that he or she is referencing Jehovah, the Christian God. This is wrong!

There are sundry religions in the world; hence, sundry Gods. You have no more proof of your God than they do of theirs. Saying your God is the only God is akin to saying your mother is the best mother. Everyone says that! And logically, everyone cannot be right.

I'll assume you didn't see my answer below before you typed these.

This is a quintessential example of petitio principii, that is, begging the question.

You cannot prove that you are right by quoting from a book that not all people accept as true. Would you believe a Muslim who quotes from the Quran to support his or her premises? Argue using logic, not the Bible, because not all folks believe in it.

Of course, I believe there were/are billions of gods in the world but like you said, there can only be one true God, and he is the Almighty God, the I am. The Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Isreal). There is no other god, beside this God.

About proving God with human logic, sorry, the God I serve is much more bigger than anyone can use logic to proof his existence. He's powerful enough to proof himself.
Re: Thank God I'm Not An Atheist by mkmyers45(m): 12:00am On Jul 14, 2012
Revolutnz:

Of course, I believe there were/are billions of gods in the world but like you said, there can only be one true God, and he is the Almighty God, the I am. The Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Isreal). There is no other god, beside this God.

About proving God with human logic, sorry, the God I serve is much more bigger than anyone can use logic to proof his existence. He's powerful enough to proof himself.
how did he proof himself to you?
Re: Thank God I'm Not An Atheist by Revolutnz: 12:08am On Jul 14, 2012
how did he proof himself to you?

Before I answer you, you said you believe in God, can I ask you which god?
Re: Thank God I'm Not An Atheist by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 14, 2012
Re: Thank God I'm Not An Atheist by Revolutnz: 12:29am On Jul 14, 2012
omo_to_dun:

Please, do not draw the wrong conclusions from my statement; it seems that you are very fond of doing that.

I did not say that there can only be one true God. I said "everyone cannot be right." This implies that, at most, only one person can be right. That is, either there is no God or there is only one God.

I apologise for misquoting you. It's unintentional. The statement should have read, 'Of course, I believe there were/are billions of gods in the world like you said but, there can only be one true God, and he is the Almighty God, the I am'.

It stands to reason that if your God cannot be proven via logic, then you cannot know about his existence, for how can you know about he or she whom you cannot see or prove.

I can easily replace everyone occurrence of the word "God" in your statements with "Zeus" and the integrity of the statements will remain the same.

Finally, I admire your tenacity and your faith; it is highly commendable, but I must discontinue our conversation because you have stated that God CANNOT be proven through logic. Any efforts on our parts will be necessarily futile.

I'll give you the last word!

I believe you see the sun, the moon, rain, stars,thunderstorm, wind, rainbow,snow, hail,winter, spring, summer, fishes, birds, humans, and animals generally. Have you ever asked yourself who created them or how they came into being. These are but few of the logical questions you can ask as a man/woman. All i'm saying is if you can use logic to comprehend everything on this planet earth, what about other planets that cannot be reach by us.That is why I said, God is incomprehensible. The day you know everything about God, he ceased to be Almighty God. Gerrit. Thanks for your time anyway.
Re: Thank God I'm Not An Atheist by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:59am On Jul 18, 2012
Thank Heavens you are not an Atheist - You would be a handful grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Satan Is Now Operating From Nigeria / Should Pastors Get Involved In Politics?? / Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.