Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? (10958 Views)

Jonathan’s Statement That He’s Not Finished With Nigeria An Expensive Joke-muric / South West Nigeria An Envy Of Other Regions / I Have Never Voted For A Southerner Or Christian & Will Never Do That-northerner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by jerrymania(m): 9:13pm On Dec 04, 2007
After looking at the move by the ANPP Presidential Candidate to enforce sharia in Nigeria and d move by Abacha when he made Nigeria a member of the World Islamic Nations i was wondering why these men strive to make Nigerian an Islamic Nation. or is it because its a christian nation thats why they want Nigeria to be an islamic state? I know u christians would agree with me that you believe Nigeria to be a christian state as per Daddy G.O's prophecy for Nigeria. is it actually important if its islamic or christian state?
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by Sijien(m): 12:49am On Dec 05, 2007
stupidity is too comon
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by 9jaEzim: 1:10am On Dec 05, 2007
ur topic is just as good as can ice be separated from cream.

its better that u just read than post such pointless argument which lacks validity to advance into a forum discussion.
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by idupaul: 10:02am On Dec 05, 2007
I know u christians would agree with me that you believe Nigeria to be a christian state as per Daddy G.O's prophecy for Nigeria. is it actually important if its islamic or christian state?

WHAT R U UP TO, WHAT AND WHO IS DADDY GO, PLS NEVA BRING SUCH A STUPID TOPIC TO A TABLE AGAIN,.IT INSULTS OUR COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE.
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by jerrymania(m): 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2007
Sijien:

stupidity is too comon

yes very common because it starts with you.

9ja_Ezim:

your topic is just as good as can ice be separated from cream.

its better that u just read than post such pointless argument which lacks validity to advance into a forum discussion.

Validity? pointless argument? u such another slowpoke. anyway welcome to nairaland and stop shielding ur ignorance with senseless contrbution.

idupaul:

I know u christians would agree with me that you believe Nigeria to be a christian state as per Daddy G.O's prophecy for Nigeria. is it actually important if its islamic or christian state?

WHAT R You UP TO, WHAT AND WHO IS DADDY GO, PLS NEVA BRING SUCH A STUPID TOPIC TO A TABLE AGAIN,.IT INSULTS OUR COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE.
Pls check http://www.oic-oci.org/oicnew/member_states.asp. go and find who is daddy g.o urself since u have collective intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by denex: 12:11pm On Dec 05, 2007
@jerrymania

admit it. You're very dull and your topic is pointless.
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by jerrymania(m): 12:27pm On Dec 05, 2007
denex:

@jerrymania

admit it. You're very dull and your topic is pointless.

anyway its ur own f"cking opinion. u r very stupid. why r perpetrators of religious killing of christians in the north not apprehended? why would they keep on attacking christians? why is Nigeria a member of OIC?
Fool, sit down and think dont follow the other dullards. any muslim will tell u Nigeria is an islamic state, but u christian dont have any thing to say instead u rain insults and abuse.
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by babasin(m): 1:23pm On Dec 05, 2007
Nigeria is offically an islamic state:

51% Muslim
48% Christian
1% others
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by Blatant: 2:55pm On Dec 05, 2007
babasin:

Nigeria is offically an islamic state:

51% Muslim
48% Christian
1% others

This is not what makes any nation Islamic or otherwise.

Last time I checked, Nigeria was a secular State
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by babasin(m): 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2007
This is not what makes any nation Islamic or otherwise.

what makes islamic country?

a country where 51% are muslim, which translate to about 60mill people is the biggest islamic nation in africa.
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by baloo4u2(m): 4:59pm On Dec 05, 2007
@jerrymania,

What a rhetoric question? if you know you don't have any post that can contribute to our[NAIRALANDERS] lives POSITIVELY you better go and join your mates where they are and stop posting RUBBISH.

MY GOD, PROTECT AND GUIDE ME FROM ALL THIS EVIL CRITICISMS.
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by jerrymania(m): 5:08pm On Dec 05, 2007
baloo4u2:

@jerrymania,

What a rhetoric question? if you know you don't have any post that can contribute to our[NAIRALANDERS] lives POSITIVELY you better go and join your mates where they are and stop posting RUBBISH.

MY GOD, PROTECT AND GUIDE ME FROM ALL THIS EVIL CRITICISMS.

Hello Hypocrite, Na you HOLY PASS. God wont protect you,you have already made ur evil criticisms, at least you've sinned. pray so he would forgive you.
But please say these same words to anyone you hear that says Nigeria is a Moslem Nation or Sharia should be legalized in totality, and i pray God wont forgive you.
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by auwal(m): 5:46pm On Dec 05, 2007
haba its not fair now, how can Nigeria be an Islamic State ,,.,how bout the millions of christains in d country its jts nt fair,
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by buluti(m): 6:05pm On Dec 05, 2007
babasin:

what makes islamic country?

a country where 51% are muslim, which translate to about 60mill people is the biggest islamic nation in africa.

And please can you enlighten us on the source of your Stat. first, before we disprove the warped ideology.
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by grafikdon: 6:42pm On Dec 05, 2007
The Muslim Population in Nigeria is not in anyway way more than 30%, considering the population census is a fraud. Nigeria is neither a Christian nor a Muslim nation.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by auwal(m): 6:48pm On Dec 05, 2007
well said
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by Danmasani(m): 7:00pm On Dec 05, 2007
First this topic is just stupid!
Then , because Moslems are 51% and Xtians 48%==== Nigeria is an Islamic state. Wow, I really wonder where common sense went in this argument
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by Iman3(m): 7:05pm On Dec 05, 2007
Danmasani:

First this topic is just stupid!
Then , because Moslems are 51% and Xtians 48%==== Nigeria is an Islamic state. Wow, I really wonder where common sense went in this argument

Nigerians are either Muslim or Christian?So there are no traditional worshippers and other religions beyond these 2
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by dtwsola(m): 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2007
The Nigerian state is secular just like her constitution.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by NihilceM: 8:45pm On Dec 05, 2007
The poster shouldn't be attacked but rather helped with his doubts.

It's obvious that Muslims are very religion conscious and by this they are making things difficult in the country.

Even a foreigner might ask as well if Nigeria is an Islamic country.

Why should the we allow Sharia laws to be practiced in some parts of the country?

All the laws should be strictly those dictated by the constitution.
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by buluti(m): 8:54pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ Nihil-ce-M, you have a point, this is what we get when we practise a warped and one sided federation system, when it tends to suit some and has no revenue/income implications, the states will be autonomous but when it has to do with revenue sharing federal character will be implemented. Such a joke.
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Dec 05, 2007
Nihil-ce-M:

The poster shouldn't be attacked but rather helped with his doubts.

It's obvious that Muslims are very religion conscious and by this they are making things difficult in the country.

Even a foreigner might ask as well if Nigeria is an Islamic country.

Why should the we allow Sharia laws to be practiced in some parts of the country?

All the laws should be strictly those dictated by the constitution.

Great point!!

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by jerrymania(m): 10:28pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ dasanmi

hey hater, i think what u do best is just to insult and slander without asking why. Stupid people know stupid things.
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 14, 2012
jerrymania: After looking at the move by the ANPP Presidential Candidate to enforce sharia in Nigeria and d move by Abacha when he made Nigeria a member of the World Islamic Nations i was wondering why these men strive to make Nigerian an Islamic Nation. or is it because its a christian nation thats why they want Nigeria to be an islamic state? I know u christians would agree with me that you believe Nigeria to be a christian state as per Daddy G.O's prophecy for Nigeria. is it actually important if its islamic or christian state?
You confuse babangida with abacha.
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by Callotti: 1:38am On Mar 15, 2012
Neither.
Just a bunch of hypocrites.
You really can't tell the difference btw both groups.
They are very similar in mindsets.
Good riddance to both I pray.
Re: Is Nigeria An Islamic Or Christian State? by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 15, 2012
With densely populated south east,south south,south west of which aggregate majority are christians,middle belt of which majority are christians,christian strong showing in north east compared to sparcely populated figures of moslems in north west,i can bet my life that geometrically,christians outnumbers the moslems population in this country

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Not Ripe For State Police — I-G / Presidency Wants HSBC To Return Nigerian Stolen Assets / Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.