Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Starting Daycare - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Starting Daycare (9298 Views)

Paid Live-in Nannies Vs Professional Daycare, Which Is Better For Babies? / Ohio Daycare Worker Molested Babies, Filmed One Of Them / Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting Daycare by Onegai(f): 8:59am On Mar 21, 2017
OP's child has already graduated to Primary school by now.

Everyone look at their child and start at whatever age is right for Them. It doesn't matter the age if at the end of the day, you the parent are not sitting with them to improve on the little they learn in school. Lesson teachers at age 6 is a sign of parents not giving their kids enough time. Age 8 in JSS 1 is not a sign of intelligence, look at Nigeria and show me the innovation and creative thinking that is a better sign that starting school that early paid off. Not first class that still doesn't know much compared to peers abroad.

Personally, I would never start my child in school before the age of 2. The school systems with the best education start at 4, and to be honest, Nigerians are poorly educated. It is not enough to cram "2 times table", you must know its application in real life. So the comments of "my 4 month old is in Nursery 1", not impressed. Because Creative Thinking, Logic and Reasoning, Critical Thinking is not valued in Nigerian Educational system. So at the end of the day, they are still behind their peers in Finland.

My 21 month old can identify shapes, numbers, colours, some alphabets and has a good pencil grip and writes. Reasonably socialized as well and knows animal sounds and names. Knows what books are and will bring hers to me to read (usually pushing my phone out of the way to do so smiley), knows her nursery songs and sings them. She will have access to good Arts, Science, Music and History programs because of her parents (she's already gone to see a live turtle exhibit). We could do better with eating but her favorite foods are fruits, not Caprison. She doesn't attend school, that was all me and daddy. We know that the educational system here has too many deficits to leave her education to the hands of people who are opening schools for profit and teachers teaching for a salary to survive, not for passion. We want her to think outside the box and see the applications of "2x2" and not just recite it and pat her on the back and call her "brilliant and intelligent".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starting Daycare by Bimbosl: 12:55am On May 01, 2017
Hello,well it depends on where in lagos you live. I stay at gbagada and i have a 1 year old daughter who i drop at the day care because i work at a bank and its stressful for me. Its called Lily day care, there are well experienced hands working there. The owner has raised 4 children of her own and she is very caring. Its home away from home for my daughter. And its very affordable. They even take her during weekends when i have to work. You can call her at 08026222200
Re: Starting Daycare by joeyreports: 9:29pm On Oct 25, 2019
Considering the rise in the population of the country, it has become necessary that individuals set up private daycare to supplement the already existing ones... https://www.nigeriabusinessplan.com.ng/how-to-start-a-daycare-center-in-nigeria/
Re: Starting Daycare by Ginaz(f): 6:47am On Oct 26, 2019
agiboma:
Hi all,

Just wanted some advice about putting my son into daycare. He is turning 2 tommorrow and i think its time i start him in a day program. Like i was thinking about bringing him by 10 am and picking him up by 1 pm. I am incredibly nervous about this and it really makes me sick to my stomach to think about leaving him in someone else's hands. To make matters worse i really dont know about the standard of care young children receive in day programs in this Nigeria. Can someone please advise on how to cope with this transition. How can i make it easier on my son who is incredibly clingy and also on myself. Only people that want to give mature advise should respond.

thanks

I can take care of your child for you at the comfort of your home till you arrive from work. If you’re interested please give a reply. I do babysitting as a part time job and I’m passionate about it too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Must There Be A Fight/misunderstanding In A Marriage? / Who You Marry Is Important For Your Community / Was I Wrong To Leave?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.