Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? (3511 Views)

Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? / Is This A Religion: Sharia Law:punishment For Adultery And Fornication : (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tintingz(m): 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2012
Cheers01:
There are two problems with what you are saying;
1) If they are out of context, then the same can be said about the peaceful verses too; they are out of context.
2) Reading the whole context of some violent verses doesnt change anything. For instance, this verse that non-muslims alkways use against islam;
Six translations of Qur'an 4:34:
"Men are superior to women on account of the qualities with which God has gifted the one above the other, and on account of the outlay they make from their substance for them. Virtuous women are obedient, careful, during the husband's absence, because God has of them been careful. But chide those for whose refractoriness you have cause to fear; remove them into beds apart, and scourge them: but if they are obedient to you, then seek not occasion against them: verily, God is High, Great!" (Rodwell's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)
"Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Surely God is high, supreme." (Dawood's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)
"Men are in charge of women, because Allah has made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah has guarded. As for those from whom you fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High Exalted, Great." (Pickthall's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)
"Men are the managers of the affairs of women for that God has preferred in bounty one of them over another, and for that they have expended of their property. Righteous women are therefore obedient, guarding the secret for God's guarding. And those you fear may be rebellious admonish; banish them to their couches, and beat them. If they then obey you, look not for any way against them; God is All high, All great." (Arberry's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)
"Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in their sleeping places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great. (Shakir's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)
"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whom part you fear disloyalty and ill conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance) for Allah is Most High, Great (above you all). (Ali's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)
Is violence in the home allowed in the form of wife beating allowed in Islam?
dude is that the only verse that said about wife beating? NO it is not allowd in Islam 100%, Like have said earlier read the whole Quran before judging a particular verse and know when it's reveald to get the exact message thank God it's even mention 'lighty'(to tap) not 'hard' the arabic word 'idribuhunna' for 'beating' is used in many verse in the Quran it means to go 'abroad' or 'to leave' a place: the noble Quran says
"...Do not retain them (i.e., your wives) to harm them...Quran, 2:231"
Allah also said "If a wife fears cruelty or desertion on her husband's part,there is no blame on them if they arrange an amicable settlement between themselves; and such settlement is best; even though men's souls are swayed by greed. But if ye do good and practise self-restraint, God is well-acquainted with all that ye do. Quran, 4:128"
So brutally beating the wives and causing bruises and damages to their bodies is clearly prohibited in Islam.
And see what the prophet[saw] said
Narrated Mu'awiyah al-Qushayri:"I went to the Apostle of Allah(pbuh)and asked him: What do you say (command) about our wives? He replied: Give them food what you have for yourself, and clothe them by which you clothe yourself,and do not beat them, and do not revile them. (Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 11, Marriage (Kitab Al-Nikah), Number 2139)"
Narrated Mu'awiyah ibn Haydah:"I said: Apostle of Allah, how should we approach our wives and how should we leave them? He replied: Approach your tilth when or how you will, give her (your wife) food when you take food, clothe when you clothe yourself, do not revile her face, and do not beat her.(Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 11, Marriage (Kitab Al-Nikah), Number 2138 )"
Also,Noble Verse 4:34 states"…but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all)."
i will advice you to read and understand the Quran.

1 Like

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by Cheers01: 2:50pm On Jul 18, 2012
tintingz: dude is that the only verse that said about wife beating? NO it is not allowd in Islam 100%, Like have said earlier read the whole Quran before judging a particular verse and know when it's reveald to get the exact message thank God it's even mention 'lighty'(to tap) not 'hard' the arabic word 'idribuhunna' for 'beating' is used in many verse in the Quran it means to go 'abroad' or 'to leave' a place: the noble Quran says
"...Do not retain them (i.e., your wives) to harm them...Quran, 2:231"
Allah also said "If a wife fears cruelty or desertion on her husband's part,there is no blame on them if they arrange an amicable settlement between themselves; and such settlement is best; even though men's souls are swayed by greed. But if ye do good and practise self-restraint, God is well-acquainted with all that ye do. Quran, 4:128"
So brutally beating the wives and causing bruises and damages to their bodies is clearly prohibited in Islam.
And see what the prophet[saw] said
Narrated Mu'awiyah al-Qushayri:"I went to the Apostle of Allah(pbuh)and asked him: What do you say (command) about our wives? He replied: Give them food what you have for yourself, and clothe them by which you clothe yourself,and do not beat them, and do not revile them. (Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 11, Marriage (Kitab Al-Nikah), Number 2139)"
Narrated Mu'awiyah ibn Haydah:"I said: Apostle of Allah, how should we approach our wives and how should we leave them? He replied: Approach your tilth when or how you will, give her (your wife) food when you take food, clothe when you clothe yourself, do not revile her face, and do not beat her.(Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 11, Marriage (Kitab Al-Nikah), Number 2138 )"
Also,Noble Verse 4:34 states"…but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all)."
i will advice you to read and understand the Quran.

You cant deny the wife beating and so you abrogate with other verses. What difference does changing it to "tap lightly" do? Doesnt it still show that women are inferior? Why not remove all kinds of beating instead?

Abrogation.......yet, the Quran is perfect
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tintingz(m): 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2012
Cheers01:
You cant deny the wife beating and so you abrogate with other verses. What difference does changing it to "tap lightly" do? Doesnt it still show that women are inferior? Why not remove all kinds of beating instead?
Abrogation.......yet, the Quran is perfect
just for argument sake tongue, like have said the arabic 'idribuhunna' for beating also means 'to leave' a place, wait sef is taping a brutalizing? It's never allow for a man to beat up is wife i've given you the verses ...what else do your atheism skull need tongue and for your info Islam permits women in divorcin. grin

1 Like

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by Cheers01: 8:30pm On Jul 18, 2012
tintingz: just for argument sake tongue, like have said the arabic 'idribuhunna' for beating also means 'to leave' a place, wait sef is taping a brutalizing? It's never allow for a man to beat up is wife i've given you the verses ...what else do your atheism skull need tongue and for your info Islam permits women in divorcin. grin

6 scholars translated the meaning of the word to "beat", "strike" or "scourge". So shut up or put your own translation.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tintingz(m): 12:53am On Jul 19, 2012
Cheers01:
6 scholars translated the meaning of the word to "beat", "strike" or "scourge". So shut up or put your own translation.
mumu tongue that's why the arabic Quran stands for our refrence, you can see that english translation some put 'lighty' while some put other words to fit in the arabic word, Mohammed[saw] never beat up is wives or can you show me the hadith where it said he strike his wives even christ Jesus[as] permit beating in the bible... you can't compare english and arabic together, not like the hebrew bible(origin) wiped out from the surface of the earth no where to be found. grin
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tomakint: 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2012
I am not too sure if you know What the Truth stands for just check this out if you still have anything to say;

Comparing the lives of the two PROGENITORS of CHRISTIANITY and ISLAM:

• Our Lord Jesus Christ birth (Isaiah 7:14) has been foretold centuries before he was ever born, there is no such with Muhammad

• Our Lord Jesus Christ death (Isaiah 53:5-9, Psalm 16:10) was also foretold centuries before he died, there is nothing like that with Muhammad

• Our Lord Jesus Christ resurrection was predicted by him before it took place and it eventually came to pass, non was said of Muhammad, who died of high fever (or on other account that he was poisoned) on 8th June, 632 AD

• Our Lord Jesus Christ came to the world as the true Savior of the world, he had no wife neither was he materialistic, Muhammad had 12 wives and several sexual relations with slaves and concubines, was also a trade merchant heavily into buying and selling

• Our Lord Jesus Christ when he was about to depart this sinful world made series of prophecies (Matthew 24:1-51) concerning what will happen in the future, many have come to pass and are still coming to pass, Muhammad made no prophecy but a rule book (blindly called, holy book – Qur’an)

• Our Lord Jesus Christ performed many miracles during his short time on earth, even to the level of delivering and setting as many souls that were held in bondage by the power of darkness and Satan, and even now at the mention of his name, JESUS; demons, sicknesses, infirmities are overcome, Muhammad did no miracles and even his name cannot perform any miracle

• Our Lord Jesus Christ was sinless (Surah 3: 46), but Muhammad committed sin and needed forgiveness (Surah 40: 55)

• Our Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross, rose up the third day and ascended up bodily into heaven, Muhammad died of high fever (another account says he was poisoned) on the lap of Aisha ( a girl betrothed to him at age 9)

NOTE:
The Jewish and Christian Bibles were written by "inspired men of God" who immediately committed God's Word to writing. Islam doesn't even have either an original or inspired Qur'an. The Muslim Qur'an was made up supposedly from "memory" from those who supposedly committed the words of Muhammad to memory, and from a few scraps found under a bed. This was originally begun about 15-20 years after Muhammad died at his wife Aisha's home in Medina, and he was lowered into a hole in the ground, where he remains. The compilation was not finished until at least 150 years after Muhammad's death. This "hearsay" argument seriously brings the credibility of the Qur'an into question.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by Cheers01: 8:29pm On Jul 20, 2012
tintingz: mumu tongue that's why the arabic Quran stands for our refrence, you can see that english translation some put 'lighty' while some put other words to fit in the arabic word, Mohammed[saw] never beat up is wives or can you show me the hadith where it said he strike his wives even christ Jesus[as] permit beating in the bible... you can't compare english and arabic together, not like the hebrew bible(origin) wiped out from the surface of the earth no where to be found. grin

I am not a christian and stop talking about the bible.

I have only seen one translation of the Quran that doesnt say "beat" or strike or scourge. That translation is made by scholars that had the mission of making the Quran more liberal.

What? Is Arabic such a backwards language that most of your translating scholars are getting the translations of "beat" wrong?

As for Muhammad, I have to look at Asma Bint Marwan or Rayannah or the woman that begged toi be stoned for reference. These women were not treated in the best way
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tintingz(m): 1:22am On Jul 22, 2012
@tomakint, you want answers i will giv you.
Mohammed was fortold in "deut 18:18"
in the book of isaiah how Quran was fortold
"And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of abook that is sealed, which [men] deliver to one that is learned, saying,Read this, [I pray thee]: and he saith, I cannot; for it [is] sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, [I pray thee]: and he saith, I am not learned. (isaiah 29:11) now in the Quran verse
"Read(Iqraa): In the name of your Lord who created, Created man from a clot. Read(Iqraa): And your Lord is the Most Bounteous, Who teaches by the pen, Teaches man that which he knew not."(Qur'an 96:1-5)
and Jesus(as) also said john14:16"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever
"John 15:26"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me"
to the next one Many true Prophets were killed (Matt. 23:7), but they were still true Prophets.
"Once the Holy Prophet (Saw) was given food mixed with poison to eat.He who ate it first expired, but the Holy Prophet (Saw) lived for four years even after taking that food . That food told the Holy Prophet (Saw): There is poison in me. The Prophet showed tremendous energy before his death, the poison had no effect on him. When the Prophet conquered Mecca, he was fasting!"
now is it not Jesus that said about "sign of Jonah" now my question did Jonah die in the big fish belle for 3 day or alive?
And you said Jesus is the saviour of the world? Remember he said he came only to the lost sheep of Isreal "mathew 15:24 & 10:5-6" even when they die only the 12 tribes of Isreal will be judged Jesus only call on 'O people isreal' but Mohammed is for all mankind
"O mankind! verily there hath come to you a convincing proof from your Lord: For We have sent unto you a light (that is) manifest. (Quran, 4:174)"
“And We have not sent you except as a Mercy to mankind.”(Quran 21:107)
so now tell me having wives is now a crime? The prophets in OT bible are now sinners including Abraham, David, Solomon etc, can you start naming the cocubines of Mohammed if he has one...guy you make me laf grin and who told you Mohammed(saw) is a siner when Jesus is asking God to forgive sins and crying on the cross why God leave him, when he Jesus has no power/authority to do tins on his own, and satan carried Jesus(as) ur god up and down and didnt know the last day... he will even reject you "mathew 7:21" it seems you have questions to answer bro, dnt worry i will soon expose your bible tongue FYI Mohammed(saw) prophecisd and did miracles spliting the moon, healing the injured man in war, causes rain to fall, decending to heaven, water flowing out from his fingers etc the greatest miracle among them all is the glorious Quran. You need to know more abt Prophet Mohammed(saw) even the monks fortold his coming...lemme reserve my post for now grin
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tintingz(m): 1:33am On Jul 22, 2012
Cheers01:
I am not a christian and stop talking about the bible.
I have only seen one translation of the Quran that doesnt say "beat" or strike or scourge. That translation is made by scholars that had the mission of making the Quran more liberal.
What? Is Arabic such a backwards language that most of your translating scholars are getting the translations of "beat" wrong?
As for Muhammad, I have to look at Asma Bint Marwan or Rayannah or the woman that begged toi be stoned for reference. These women were not treated in the best way
dont wanna waste my precious time on artist sorry atheist tongue, i have answered you stop dragin back tins.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tomakint: 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2012
tintingz: @tomakint, you want answers i will giv you.
"And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of abook that is sealed, which [men] deliver to one that is learned, saying,Read this, [I pray thee]: and he saith, I cannot; for it [is] sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, [I pray thee]: and he saith, I am not learned. (isaiah 29:11) now in the Quran verse
"Read(Iqraa): In the name of your Lord who created, Created man from a clot. Read(Iqraa): And your Lord is the Most Bounteous, Who teaches by the pen, Teaches man that which he knew not."(Qur'an 96:1-5)
and Jesus(as) also said john14:16"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever
"John 15:26"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me"
to the next one Many true Prophets were killed (Matt. 23:7), but they were still true Prophets.
"Once the Holy Prophet (Saw) was given food mixed with poison to eat.He who ate it first expired, but the Holy Prophet (Saw) lived for four years even after taking that food . That food told the Holy Prophet (Saw): There is poison in me. The Prophet showed tremendous energy before his death, the poison had no effect on him. When the Prophet conquered Mecca, he was fasting!"
now is it not Jesus that said about "sign of Jonah" now my question did Jonah die in the big fish belle for 3 day or alive?
And you said Jesus is the saviour of the world? Remember he said he came only to the lost sheep of Isreal "mathew 15:24 & 10:5-6" even when they die only the 12 tribes of Isreal will be judged Jesus only call on 'O people isreal' but Mohammed is for all mankind
"O mankind! verily there hath come to you a convincing proof from your Lord: For We have sent unto you a light (that is) manifest. (Quran, 4:174)"
so now tell me having wives is now a crime? The prophets in OT bible are now sinners including Abraham, David, Solomon etc, can you start naming the cocubines of Mohammed if he has one...guy you make me laf grin and who told you Mohammed(saw) is a siner when Jesus is asking God to forgive sins and crying on the cross why God leave him, when he Jesus has no power/authority to do tins on his own, and satan carried Jesus(as) ur god up and down and didnt know the last day... he will even reject you "mathew 7:21" it seems you have questions to answer bro, dnt worry i will soon expose your bible tongue FYI Mohammed(saw) prophecisd and did miracles spliting the moon, healing the injured man in war, causes rain to fall, decending to heaven, water flowing out from his fingers etc the greatest miracle among them all is the glorious Quran. You need to know more abt Prophet Mohammed(saw) even the monks fortold his coming...lemme reserve my post for now grin

@tintingz, I appreciate ur courage and passion for your religion, in as much as you have decided to ignore my direct poser at you regarding the two progenitors of the two religion in question, then there is no point flogging a dead horse on the issue again, this is a forum for intellectual reasoning i bliv someone out there will read and believe and even be converted there is nothing impossible on this. My point!
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tomakint: 11:53am On Jul 24, 2012
tintingz: dont wanna waste my precious time on artist sorry atheist tongue, i have answered you stop dragin back tins.

@ tintingz get educated on this for once and stop blaspheming!

You said: Mohammed was fortold in "deut 18:18"

= there you go again, that was Our Lord Jesus Christ, unknown to many muslims Jesus Christ was actually a Prophet, in actual fact, He encompasses the five gifts of the ministries he himself declared to as many that were called in Ephesians 4:11. The woman at the well confirmed that Jesus was a Prophet (John 4: 19). The Prophet mentioned here was declared in verse 15 of the chapter you quoted to be a Jew, read it! How come your Muhammad, an Arabian, is now the Prophet?

You said: "And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of abook that is sealed, which [men] deliver to one that is learned, saying,Read this, [I pray thee]: and he saith, I cannot; for it [is] sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, [I pray thee]: and he saith, I am not learned. (isaiah 29:11) now in the Quran verse

= The Bible has never for once contradicted itself, the book of Isaiah you quoted has nothing to do with Islam let alone your prophet, Muhammad. If the name (Muhammad) is that relevant to our salvation the Bible would have mentioned it compare Isaiah 7: 14 to Matthew 1: 23 and see the perfect unity concerning the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ (Emmanuel). I repeat, there is no place in my Bible where your prophet, Muhammad was mentioned.

You said: and Jesus(as) also said john14:16"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever

= Just listen to yourself and study where you quoted, for your information, the Comforter is the Holy Ghost or the Holy Spirit, who is still alive today and tomorrow note the latter part of the sentence, …..’that he may abide with you forever’ Muhammad is dead, he is no more how come you are quoting this verse to refer to a dead prophet? when John 15:26 even called the Comforter ‘the Spirit of Truth’ – You need to learn English very well!

You said: Once the Holy Prophet (Saw) was given food mixed with poison to eat.He who ate it first expired, but the Holy Prophet (Saw) lived for four years even after taking that food . That food told the Holy Prophet (Saw): There is poison in me. The Prophet showed tremendous energy before his death, the poison had no effect on him. When the Prophet conquered Mecca, he was fasting!"

= Read it yourself over and over again and again! Then tell me if this above sentence has any reasonable meaning.

You said: now is it not Jesus that said about "sign of Jonah" now my question did Jonah die in the big fish belle for 3 day or alive? And you said Jesus is the saviour of the world? Remember he said he came only to the lost sheep of Isreal "mathew 15:24 & 10:5-6" even when they die only the 12 tribes of Isreal will be judged Jesus only call on 'O people isreal' but Mohammed is for all mankind "O mankind! verily there hath come to you a convincing proof from your Lord: For We have sent unto you a light (that is) manifest. (Quran, 4:174)"

= Really, tintingz you wouldn’t have put yourself in this tight corner if you had not try to explain the Bible to a Christian, you really muddled up things. I pray after this, your eyes will be opened to the truth for once and ever! If he was sent alone to the lost sheep of Israel how come that Canaanite woman’s daughter was healed? In the same Matthew chapter 15 you quoted in verse 28. As for you contesting the fact that Jesus is the savior of the world. Those (genuine Christians) who were confronted in the spirit world by demons, may be in their dreams and even those who have seen the mighty hands of Jesus during healing times will tell you more that at the mention of that Great Name, JESUS; devil, demons, witches, herbalists, sicknesses, curses and all negative forces of this life bow down! I am yet to hear and confirm that Muhammad’s name do the same?

You said: he will even reject you "mathew 7:21" it seems you have questions to answer bro, dnt worry i will soon expose your bible FYI Mohammed(saw) prophecisd and did miracles spliting the moon, healing the injured man in war, causes rain to fall, decending to heaven, water flowing out from his fingers etc the greatest miracle among them all
is the glorious Quran. You need to know more abt Prophet Mohammed(saw) even the monks fortold his coming

= You are simply clueless! Now I understand you better! “Your prophet sliced the Giant Moon into half with his scimitar, water flowing from his fingernails, a palm tree even cried like a baby because your prophet wouldn’t preach under it” and many more cock and bull related miracles – You must be high on cracks to believe this!

You said: ...lemme reserve my post for now

= My friend, you can keep it, I have seen enough! Why I totally own up to what I have posted here, I cannot be held responsible for how you understand it. My Point!
The Christian Bible predates Muhammad and Islam by more than 575 years. The Jewish Torah predates Muhammad and Islam by 1,000 - 3,000 years. Surah 29:46 Muslims were told by Allah, not to question the authority of the scriptures of the Christians, saying, "And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, but say, "We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our Allah and your Allah is one” - I believe GOD, Yahweh is not the same as your ALLAH – Never!
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tintingz(m): 9:09pm On Jul 24, 2012
Don't understand this forum again...is this forum for muslims or christians cuz my post as been hiden, @ mod why is my post hiden did i put any insult on my post or what? If there is please post them out. Masalam
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tomakint: 11:26am On Jul 26, 2012
tintingz: Don't understand this forum again...is this forum for muslims or christians cuz my post as been hiden, @ mod why is my post hiden did i put any insult on my post or what? If there is please post them out. Masalam

* LOUD YAWN *
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tintingz(m): 9:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
tomakint:
* LOUD YAWN *
tongue na God save u, don't have ur time now...i will repost when am ready...

1 Like

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tomakint: 12:45pm On Aug 07, 2012
tintingz: tongue na God save u, don't have ur time now...i will repost when am ready...

Alhaji Tintingz, how is life? I hope you are fasting sha? Please pray very well unto Allah for peace to reign in this country during this your RAM-ADAN fast! From me to you, "May the mercy of our God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ be with YOU (AMEN)! cool
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by LagosShia: 12:57pm On Aug 07, 2012
Cheers01:

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whom part you fear disloyalty and ill conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance) for Allah is Most High, Great (above you all). (Ali's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

Is violence in the home allowed in the form of wife beating allowed in Islam?

you have formerly being answered using your other username:

https://www.nairaland.com/932792/how-islam-make-life-better/2
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by MacDaddy01: 7:42pm On Aug 07, 2012
LagosShia:

you have formerly being answered using your other username:

https://www.nairaland.com/932792/how-islam-make-life-better/2

Oh noes! LagosShia has exposed me!!!!

smh
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by LagosShia: 8:00pm On Aug 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Oh noes! LagosShia has exposed me!!!!

smh

lol
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:19pm On May 31, 2013
I refuse to believe that ISLAM is a Religion of Violence and Intolerance. I have interacted with Muslims from Kano, Kaduna to Lagos. I have only met few who are taken to violence and I believe that this is due to wrong indoctrination in the Qur'an. As it is agreed by most Muslims, these types of classes of Violent Muslims represent a growing minority in the nation of Islam who choose to be so.
Unfortunately these class of Muslims have made more impact in cementing the stereotype of the tensed, angry, bulgy-eyed, knife-wielding, crude and illiterate mobs butchering 'Infidels' at the slightest provocation (or as their whims decide).
Sadly the good majority of Peaceful Muslims can only denounce and condemn at the risk of being labelled as apostates of the faith (and treated as such)

The issue with ISLAM is not that most Muslims are bad people (obviously not true). The problem is that even many of the 'Moderates' tend to view apostates and critics of their faith in the worst possible light. It’s hard to envision a 'Muslim Left,' though there’s a very vocal Christians Left (e.g @frosbel). It’s hard to find moderate Muslim groups that will defend Freedom of Speech or Liberties/Rights of Muslim Women or even Democracy
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 01, 2013
ekt_bear: Even muslims don't believe that islam is a religion of peace, lol

Let alone anybody else

LOL!

to be honest, no religion was exactly peaceful when they started
esp. when it came to converting people which was usually by force.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 01, 2013
tintingz: tongue na God save u, don't have ur time now...i will repost when am ready...

lol.

and he never did. grin
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by vedaxcool(m): 6:53pm On Jun 02, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: I refuse to believe that ISLAM is a Religion of Violence and Intolerance. I have interacted with Muslims from Kano, Kaduna to Lagos. I have only met few who are taken to violence and I believe that this is due to wrong indoctrination in the Qur'an. As it is agreed by most Muslims, these types of classes of Violent Muslims represent a growing minority in the nation of Islam who choose to be so.
Unfortunately these class of Muslims have made more impact in cementing the stereotype of the tensed, angry, bulgy-eyed, knife-wielding, crude and illiterate mobs butchering 'Infidels' at the slightest provocation (or as their whims decide).
Sadly the good majority of Peaceful Muslims can only denounce and condemn at the risk of being labelled as apostates of the faith (and treated as such)

The issue with ISLAM is not that most Muslims are bad people (obviously not true). The problem is that even many of the 'Moderates' tend to view apostates and critics of their faith in the worst possible light. It’s hard to envision a 'Muslim Left,' though there’s a very vocal Christians Left (e.g @frosbel). It’s hard to find moderate Muslim groups that will defend Freedom of Speech or Liberties/Rights of Muslim Women or even Democracy

Lol grin, so a majority which condemns a minority faces a risk of being labeled apostates by the same minority right? You should not learn to speak on what you clearly understand, most muslims leaders have condemned violence perpetrated by muslims without any fear of being labeled apostate by the views of a minority despised by the majority, secondly there is that tendency for the media to blow out any thing invovling muslims out of proportion! Thirdly you need to know that within every religion there is always a debate going on one issue or the other, to sit down and think that within Islam everybody is tight lip remains the joke of the century, off course u r forgiven, ignorance is usually a recurring theme in discussion about islam. And truly if you understand what the term "left" means, u definately won't classify frosbel as being christian left! Muslims address issues raging from democracy to women rights etc, that you don't know is clearly your own doing!

kurzman.unc.edu/islamic-statements-against-terrorism/
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:15pm On Jun 02, 2013
vedaxcool:

Lol grin, so a majority which condemns a minority faces a risk of being labeled apostates by the same minority right? You should not learn to speak on what you clearly understand, most muslims leaders have condemned violence perpetrated by muslims without any fear of being labeled apostate by the views of a minority despised by the majority, secondly there is that tendency for the media to blow out any thing invovling muslims out of proportion! Thirdly you need to know that within every religion there is always a debate going on one issue or the other, to sit down and think that within Islam everybody is tight lip remains the joke of the century, off course u r forgiven, ignorance is usually a recurring theme in discussion about islam. And truly if you understand what the term "left" means, u definately won't classify frosbel as being christian left! Muslims address issues raging from democracy to women rights etc, that you don't know is clearly your own doing!

kurzman.unc.edu/islamic-statements-against-terrorism/

What are your views on Islamic Clerics who preach Hate Speeches.. are you aware they exist or do you believe the whole non-muslim world mis-interprets what they urge Muslims to do
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tomakint: 7:21pm On Jun 02, 2013
*Kails*:

lol.

and he never did. grin
cheesy cheesy you dey mind am, the guy na 'CERTIFIED CLOWN' grin you can imagine him telling me his Prophet Muhammad sliced the moon into half with his sword shocked I know it can never be this moon wey dey shine for night grin cheesy
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by vedaxcool(m): 8:05pm On Jun 02, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:

What are your views on Islamic Clerics who preach Hate Speeches.. are you aware they exist or do you believe the whole non-muslim world mis-interprets what they urge Muslims to do

Anybody who enciurages violence against other people be they scholars or not should be arrested and given prison sentences. The whole non muslim world listen to what the media give to them, thus media I indicated earlier prefer lustenung to the minority who have been condemned by the majority, and the same media serves the jnterwt od profit and its owner ugnire the majority who repeatedly condenn the actionsof the minority. If u understand what terroriam is about, it thrives on media coverage, and media thrives on bad news, hence each scratching the other back, makes the uncritical many believe those lies .

Pls forgive my mispellings.

Outro, what do u have to say about nlanders who make hate speeches about muslim. The grave yard silence fron people including u havemade hate speeches against muslims the most likeable thing on nl.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by vedaxcool(m): 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2013
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tintingz(m): 10:07pm On Jun 02, 2013
*Kails*:

lol.

and he never did. grin
hehehe! grin Who get time for that empty cup head
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tintingz(m): 10:19pm On Jun 02, 2013
tomakint:
cheesy cheesy you dey mind am, the guy na 'CERTIFIED CLOWN' grin you can imagine him telling me his Prophet Muhammad sliced the moon into half with his sword shocked I know it can never be this moon wey dey shine for night grin cheesy
No it is the moon that shines in your room that was sliced with kitchen knife... Goon grin

Empty cup brainia...where did you see my post that said Mohammed(sa) splited the moon with sword??
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tomakint: 11:59pm On Jun 02, 2013
tintingz: No it is the moon that shines in your room that was sliced with kitchen knife... Goon grin

Empty cup brainia...where did you see my post that said Mohammed(sa) splited the moon with sword??
No need for the insults now grin ok agreed he didn't use his scimitar, could you please explain how he split the 'Moon' then! Perhaps you were under the influence of hennesey while typing this grin
tintingz: @tomakint, you want answers i will giv you.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tintingz(m): 5:47am On Jun 03, 2013
^^
"The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder" [Qur'an 54:1]

Narrated Abdullah:
The moon was cleft asunder while we were in the company of the Prophet, and it became two parts. The Prophet said, Witness, witness (this miracle)." Volume 6, Book 60, Number 388

Narrated Anas bin Malik:
"The people of Mecca asked Allah's Apostle to show them a miracle. So he showed them the moon split in two halves between which they saw the Hiram' mountain."
Sahih Bukhari 5:58:208

NASA photograph of a scar on the surface of the moon alleged to be evidence of a healed split

This is a miracle from Allah(swt)... smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tomakint: 6:40am On Jun 03, 2013
tintingz: ^^
"The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder" [Qur'an 54:1]

Narrated Abdullah:
The moon was cleft asunder while we were in the company of the Prophet, and it became two parts. The Prophet said, Witness, witness (this miracle)." Volume 6, Book 60, Number 388

Narrated Anas bin Malik:
"The people of Mecca asked Allah's Apostle to show them a miracle. So he showed them the moon split in two halves between which they saw the Hiram' mountain."
Sahih Bukhari 5:58:208

NASA photograph of a scar on the surface of the moon alleged to be evidence of a healed split

This is a miracle from Allah(swt)... smiley
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy have you considered a career in comedy yet? cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abu Hurayrah – The Great Hadith Narrator / The Ruling On Being Silent And Speaking During The Khutbah (sermon) On Friday / 1 Ummah Present Peace & Unity Conventions 2016 Abuja Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.