Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? (3510 Views)

Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? / Is This A Religion: Sharia Law:punishment For Adultery And Fornication : (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:48am On Jun 03, 2013
vedaxcool:
Outro, what do u have to say about nlanders who make hate speeches about muslim. The grave yard silence fron people including u havemade hate speeches against muslims the most likeable thing on nl.

Evidently there are wrongs from both parties (Muslims and others) but clearly you can understand that this is a circle that must be broken, one party must be mature and tolerant so the other can learn to be tolerant and mature.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by lanrexlan(m): 11:23am On Jun 03, 2013
tomakint: I am not too sure if you know What the Truth stands for just check this out if you still have anything to say;
Let see what is the truth.

Comparing the lives of the two PROGENITORS of CHRISTIANITY and ISLAM:

• Our Lord Jesus Christ birth (Isaiah 7:14) has been foretold centuries before he was ever born, there is no such with Muhammad
In deuteronomy 18;18-19-“I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren,and will put My words in His mouth,and He shall speak to them all that I command Him.And it shall be that whoever will not hear My words, which He speaks in My name,I will require it of him.”(Deut.18:18-19)

God promising moses(pbuh) to raise a prophet from among their brethren that will be akin to Moses(pbuh).Abraham(pbuh)had two sons;Isaac(pbuh)-a Jew and Ismael(pbuh)-an Arab.Both were brothers,their offsprings are brethren of one another.
Firstly,the prophet will be akin to Moses(pbuh).There are many similarities between Moses(pbuh)and muhammed(pbuh).Moses and Muhammad have fathers and mothers,Jesus was born miraculously without a father;Both of them went into Exile–Moses to the land of Median and Muhammad to Yathrib(now Medina);Both worked as shepherds for their employers;Both were married and had children,Jesus was a bachelor;Both were given new laws while Jesus came to fulfil the law,and Both of them died and were buried while was raised up alive(not resurrection).And other similarities between Moses(pbuh) and muhammed(pbuh).Jesus isn't similar to Moses(pbuh),while muhammed(pbuh)is very similar to Moses(pbuh).The prophecy fits muhammed(pbuh) and not Jesus(pbuh).
Secondly,the prophecy said ''I WILL PUT MY WORDS IN HIS MOUTH''.We know muhammed(pbuh)was an illiterate,he could not read nor write,when the first revelation came to him in a cave in Hira from God,angel Gabriel commanded him to read or recite(Iqraa)and he said I can't read,the second time then the third,he recite or read(Iqraa).Surah Al-Alaq 96;1-''Read or recite(Iqraa),in the name of your Lord who has created all that exists''.This means God put his word(revelation)in the mouth of muhammed(pbuh).
•Our Lord Jesus Christ death (Isaiah 53:5-9, Psalm 16:10) was also foretold centuries before he died, there is nothing like that with Muhammad

•Our Lord Jesus Christ resurrection was predicted by him before it took place and it eventually came to pass, non was said of Muhammad, who died of high fever (or on other account that he was poisoned) on 8th June, 632 AD
Gospel of Matthew 12;39-40-''But he answered and said to them;An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign and no sign will be given to it except the sign of prophet Jonah.For as Jonah was 3days and 3nights in the belly of the big fish,so will son of man be 3days and 3nights in the heart of the earth''.
You know the story of Jonah,when he swallowed by the fish,dead or alive? ALIVE!!.When the fish took him around the sea,dead or alive? ALIVE!!.When he prayed to God inside the fish's belly,dead or alive? ALIVE!!.When God commanded the fish to deliver him at the banks of the sea,dead or alive? ALIVE!!Jonah was ALIVE for 3days and 3nights and for Jesus to fulfil the sign,Jesus has to be alive for the 3days and 3nights he spent in the heart of the earth.So,resurrection can't take place If he was alive for 3days and 3nights.

•Our Lord Jesus Christ came to the world as the true Savior of the world, he had no wife neither was he materialistic, Muhammad had 12 wives and several sexual relations with slaves and concubines, was also a trade merchant heavily into buying and selling
Prophet muhammed(pbuh) never had concubines nor had illegal sexual relations with anybody.All his wives were legally married to him.Abraham(pbuh)had more than one wife,solomon(pbuh) had a thousand wives and concubines(1Kings 1;3).When Jesus(pbuh)comes back in his second coming,he is going have a wife and children and have a normal death and be buried.

•Our Lord Jesus Christ when he was about to depart this sinful world made series of prophecies (Matthew 24:1-51) concerning what will happen in the future, many have come to pass and are still coming to pass, Muhammad made no prophecy but a rule book (blindly called, holy book – Qur’an)
The glorious Quran mentioned many scientific facts more than 1,400 years ago,which science has just discovered.The Quran talks in great details about embryology,oceanology,geology,biology and many more.The Quran also predicted things that come to pass,I will still give you insha allahu.

•Our Lord Jesus Christ performed many miracles during his short time on earth, even to the level of delivering and setting as many souls that were held in bondage by the power of darkness and Satan, and even now at the mention of his name, JESUS; demons, sicknesses, infirmities are overcome, Muhammad did no miracles and even his name cannot perform any miracle
Prophet muhammed(pbuh) performed many miracles,like water coming out from his fingers and his companions drank from it,the splitting of the moon.The grand miracle is the glorious Quran,the Quran proves itself with its eloquence and prophecies 1,400years ago and yet still proving itself now,we are in the age of science and the Quran contains many scientific facts which were just discovered by improved instruments and advanced technology.....Peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by lanrexlan(m): 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
One example of the events foretold in the Quran is the victory of the Romans over the Persians within three to nine years after the Romans were defeated by the Persians. God has said in the Quran:''The Romans have been defeated in the nearest land (to the Arabian Peninsula)and they,after their defeat,will be victorious withinbedd’ (three to nine) years(Quran, 30:2-4)Let us see what history tells us about these wars.A book entitled History of the Byzantine State says that the Roman army was badly defeated at Antioch in 613,and as a result, the Persians swiftly pushed forward on all fronts.At that time,it was hard to imagine that the Romans would defeat the Persians, but the Quran foretold that the Romans would be victorious within three to nine years.In 622,nine years after the Romans’ defeat,the two forces (Romans and Persians) met on Armenian soil,and the result was the decisive victory of the Romans over the Persians, for the first time after the Romans’ defeat in 613.The prophecy was fulfilled just as God has said in the Quran.
•Our Lord Jesus Christ was sinless (Surah 3: 46), but Muhammad committed sin and needed forgiveness (Surah 40: 55)
Do you read the Quran at all? In surah Al-Imran 3;46-''He will Speak to the people in the cradle and in manhood,and he will be one the righteous''.Where does sinless comes in? Everyone need forgiveness of his/her sins,even Jesus(pbuh).

•Our Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross, rose up the third day and ascended up bodily into heaven, Muhammad died of high fever (another account says he was poisoned) on the lap of Aisha ( a girl betrothed to him at age 9)
Your gospels even give us different accounts about the alleged ''crucifixion''.I have explained the resurrection

NOTE:
The Jewish and Christian Bibles were written by "inspired men of God" who immediately committed God's Word to writing
The bible was Written by mysterious men,written by an unknown number of men,written in unknown places,written in unknown dates.Paul never even met Jesus Christ in person while the latter was on earth.It is falsely claimed that Jesus appeared to Paul while Paul was on his way to Damascus after the "crucifixion" (Acts 9:2-4. Note: Paul's name used to be Saul.Yet, Paul admittedly wasn't even sure whether the Holy Spirit was inspirning him or not).None of the disciples,even in the false writings attributed to them,ever claimed that their writings were inspired or Divine.Not only that,but we even ironically see that.Luke for instance,wrote his "gospel" for the sake of another person and not GOD Almighty.For instance,Gospel of Matthew:"The unknown author'',whom we shall continue to call Matthew for the sake of convenience,drew no only up the Gospel according to Mark but upon a large body of material (principally,sayings of Jesus) not found in Mk that corresponds, sometimes exactly,to material found also in the Gospel according to Luke.(The New American Bible, ISBN: 978-0-529-06484-4, Page 1008)" As for the place where the gospel was composed,a plausible suggestion is that it was Antioch,the capital of the Roman province of Syria. (The New American Bible,ISBN: 978-0-529-06484-4, Page 1009).So we clearly see,both the author or authors and the place of composition of the "Gospel of Matthew" are unknown.
Really inspired.
The Book of Acts:"Although the author does not name himself,evidence outside the Scriptures and inferences from the book itself lead to theconclusion that the author was Luke. (From the NIV Bible Commentary [1], page 1643)So based on some conclusion,you're willing to die for defending the idea that the Book of Acts was the True Word of GOD Almighty?If the book was inspired by GOD Almighty,then how come it wasn't mentioned in the book itself to help us filter it out from the many other "Satanic false books"?Are we sure that this book too is not a man-made book?
I go on and on to tell the bible was written by historians.
Islam doesn't even have either an original or inspired Qur'an.The Muslim Qur'an was made up supposedly from "memory" from those who supposedly committed the words of Muhammad to memory, and from a few scraps found under a bed. This was originally begun about 15-20 years after Muhammad died at his wife Aisha's home in Medina, and he was lowered into a hole in the ground, where he remains. The compilation was not finished until at least 150 years after Muhammad's death. This "hearsay" argument seriously brings the credibility of the Qur'an into question.
The glorious Quran was revealed over a period of 23years and when a revelation comes to muhammed(pbuh),he memorized it,then dictate it to his followers who in turn memorize it and write it down on leaves and skins.Where's your proof that the Quran was complied 1,500 after the demise of muhammed(pbuh)?
Moreover If you are still in doubt about the Quran,the challenge is still there waiting for you.Allah said in Surah Al-baqarah 2;23-24-'' And if you are in doubt about what We have revealed
(the Quran)to Our worshiper (Muhammad),then
produce a chapter like it, and call your witnesses
(supporters and helpers) besides God if you are truthful.
And if you do not do it,and you can never do it,then fear
the Fire (Hell)whose fuel is men and stones.It has been
prepared for disbelievers''.The challenge is there.....Peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by vedaxcool(m): 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:

Evidently there are wrongs from both parties (Muslims and others) but clearly you can understand that this is a circle that must be broken, one party must be mature and tolerant so the other can learn to be tolerant and mature.

True!
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tomakint: 12:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
Lanrexian! Please pass me the calabash I need to figure out what you've been drinking! I gave straight forward accounts backed up with scriptures here you are giving me series of incoherent fairytales that didn't match up with FACTS!
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by lanrexlan(m): 7:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
tomakint: Lanrexian! Please pass me the calabash I need to figure out what you've been drinking! I gave straight forward accounts backed up with scriptures here you are giving me series of incoherent fairytales that didn't match up with FACTS!
Lolz,I also gave you straight answers to each of your questions,backed up with evidences from the bible,is the bible now a fairytale? Smh,which Calabash? Funny dude......Peace
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tomakint: 10:05pm On Jun 03, 2013
lanrexlan: Lolz,I also gave you straight answers to each of your questions,backed up with evidences from the bible,is the bible now a fairytale? Smh,which Calabash? Funny dude......Peace
Straight answers and evidences from the Bible? That Jesus committed sin? That Paul did not encounter Jesus Christ on his way to Damascus (Acts 9:5)? and many of your self generated psychobabbles! I insist, pass me that calabash undecided
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tintingz(m): 10:16pm On Jun 03, 2013
tomakint:
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy have you considered a career in comedy yet? cheesy grin cheesy
What else do i expect from you? tongue

@lanrexlan Thanks for educating tomakint smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tomakint: 10:26pm On Jun 03, 2013
tintingz: What else do i expect from you? tongue

@lanrexlan Thanks for educating tomakint smiley

Educate? shocked shocked on top lies? undecided Mr Awada keri keri you are here again? grin grin
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by lanrexlan(m): 8:52am On Jun 04, 2013
tomakint:
Straight answers and evidences from the Bible? That Jesus committed sin? That Paul did not encounter Jesus Christ on his way to Damascus (Acts 9:5)? and many of your self generated psychobabbles! I insist, pass me that calabash undecided
Can't you see the references there? Those references are from NIV Bible.Produce a verse from the Quran that said Jesus(pbuh) is sinless,you quoted a wrong verse and I corrected that,Calabash......Peace
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tomakint: 12:50am On Aug 29, 2013
lanrexlan: Can't you see the references there? Those references are from NIV Bible.Produce a verse from the Quran that said Jesus(pbuh) is sinless,you quoted a wrong verse and I corrected that,Calabash......Peace
I have seen, read about what that wonderful name, JESUS has done in the life of myriads of souls but I am yet to hear or read of such testimonies about Prophet Muhammad, any lead? undecided
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by lanrexlan(m): 6:31am On Aug 29, 2013
tomakint:
I have seen, read about what that wonderful name, JESUS has done in the life of myriads of souls but I am yet to hear or read of such testimonies about Prophet Muhammad, any lead? undecided
Tomakint,where have you been? There's nothing special about the name 'Jesus'.There are other Jesus in the bible (Acts 13:6;Colossian 4:11;Deuteronomy 32:15).So all those miracles and testimonies you read about are nothing but deceit.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Al-Kahf 18:110- Say (O Muhammad SAW):I am only a man like you.It has been inspired to me that your Ilah (God) is One Ilah (God i.e. Allah).So whoever hopes for the Meeting with his Lord,let him work righteousness and associate none as a partner in the worship of his Lord......Peace
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by golpen(m): 7:40am On Aug 29, 2013
Hmmm... @lanrexlan, may ALLAH bless you in the most imaginable and unimaginable ways of blessings. I wonder why @tomakint is looking for a calabash when he makes me think its right tied to his neck. I'm sure he doesn't know anyway, he can only know when he realises that there is nothing like a /J/ pronunciation in the hebrew or aramaic(the native tongue of ISA). He can only be aware of that calabash on his neck when he realises that ALLAH/ELAH/ILAH (which has closest pronunciations) is the simple word for the one GOD in hebrew and aramaic.

The paul and other english speaking scams must have put that calabash in his neck by the means of their skillful fabrication. Ask yourself these questions @tomakint so you may be free;

1. Then where did our pastors get the /j/ from? What is the original pronunciation ?

2. If ALLAH is the pronunciation reering to the one GOD in this tongues, then what must have Jesus called his GOD, refering to him?

I just hope you stop looking for the calabash and get your eyes open from somnumbulistic drunkeness.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by lanrexlan(m): 7:48am On Aug 29, 2013
golpen: Hmmm... @lanrexlan, may ALLAH bless you in the most imaginable and unimaginable ways of blessings. I wonder why @tomakint is looking for a calabash when he makes me think its right tied to his neck. I'm sure he doesn't know anyway, he can only know when he realises that there is nothing like a /J/ pronunciation in the hebrew or aramaic(the native tongue of ISA). He can only be aware of that calabash on his neck when he realises that ALLAH/ELAH/ILAH (which has closest pronunciations) is the simple word for the one GOD in hebrew and aramaic.

The paul and other english speaking scams must have put that calabash in his neck by the means of their skillful fabrication. Ask yourself these questions @tomakint so you may be free;

1. Then where did our pastors get the /j/ from? What is the original pronunciation ?

2. If ALLAH is the pronunciation reering to the one GOD in this tongues, then what must have Jesus called his GOD, refering to him?

I just hope you stop looking for the calabash and get your eyes open from somnumbulistic drunkeness.
Ameen and you too brother.Don't mind Tomakint jare,always looking for calabash.The Issue of the origin of the name 'Jesus' was trashed here.You can read it.
www.nairaland.com/1367641/name-jesus-genesis-apostasy
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by tomakint: 8:20am On Aug 29, 2013
@ lanrexlan and golpen, I can only pray for you two that you shall be redeemed from these gross confusion you are deeply enmeshed in undecided and may the blood of JESUS you so much despised set you guys and as many of your ilks free from this BONDAGE you are entangled in! Trust me, that name, JESUS, truly sets free!
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by golpen(m): 9:08am On Aug 29, 2013
tomakint: @ lanrexlan and golpen, I can only pray for you two that you shall be redeemed from these gross confusion you are deeply enmeshed in undecided and may the blood of JESUS you so much despised set you guys and as many of your ilks free from this BONDAGE you are entangled in! Trust me, that name, JESUS, truly sets free!

If you can't still understand simple logic, then I wonder what you'll understand. Just note; if Isa meets you here on earth in his second coming or you meet him on resurrection nd you start calling "Jesus, Jesus", don't be surprised if he looks just barely at you and doesn't answer. That's not his name.

1 Like

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by lanrexlan(m): 10:01am On Aug 29, 2013
tomakint: @ lanrexlan and golpen, I can only pray for you two that you shall be redeemed from these gross confusion you are deeply enmeshed in undecided and may the blood of JESUS you so much despised set you guys and as many of your ilks free from this BONDAGE you are entangled in! Trust me, that name, JESUS, truly sets free!
Lol,you need our prayers the more.What's special about 'Jesus' blood? Even the blood of bulls and goats sanctify[Hebrews 9:13].Don't attach your salvation to a doctrine that was originally based on 'assassination'[John 11:47-51].The true salvation is to submit your will to your Creator.May Allah gives you guidance.....Peace

3 Likes

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by vedaxcool(m): 12:57pm On Aug 29, 2013
lanrexlan: Lol,you need our prayers the more.What's special about 'Jesus' blood? Even the blood of bulls and goats sanctify[Hebrews 9:13].Don't attach your salvation to a doctrine that was originally based on 'assassination'[John 11:47-51].The true salvation is to submit your will to your Creator.May Allah gives you guidance.....Peace

grin grin grin an average human have 5 litre of blood, consisting 5000 (ml) drops of blood, hence such blood would only be sufficient for 5000 people! Tomakint should be very clear, that 'Jesus' blood would have theoretically be sufficient for only 5000 people who were in existence that time, where did he find the blood to free himself from bondage? . . . maybe the bulls and goats blood proved sufficient! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by carefulme(m): 1:55am On Aug 30, 2013
tomakint: History has it that Mohammed, the progenitor of Islam........
Muhammed, the progenitor of Islam?
Which history?
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by carefulme(m): 2:04am On Aug 30, 2013
tomakint: History has it that Mohammed, the progenitor of Islam has friends among Jews merchants who ply their trades in Mecca then, no wonder the semblance of the religion (Islam) with Judaism and Christianity!

Was that also from the history book or your own deductions.....
True he had Jewish friends..but the resemblance of Islam with the two other religions is not a consequence of this....
Or maybe you have something to prove otherwise..
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Peace Or Violence? by INJESUSITRUST: 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
BetaThings:

And all these people not minding their business are thereby demonstrating that their own religion is peaceful?

yes! And that is (CHRISTIANITY) thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abu Hurayrah – The Great Hadith Narrator / The Ruling On Being Silent And Speaking During The Khutbah (sermon) On Friday / 1 Ummah Present Peace & Unity Conventions 2016 Abuja Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.