Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

The burning cold - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The burning cold (47234 Views)

Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) / Jos, December And Cold. / UNYIME-IVY KING – “burning Hurt” Akwa Ibom’s Bestfemale Literary Fiction Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 8:04pm On Aug 09, 2013
IZUKWU: okay can i have your account number for all states trust bank.:-P
Not funny tongue
Re: The burning cold by Ice4jez(m): 10:39pm On Aug 09, 2013
mynd if der is one tin i know about u its dat u re a man of ur word so let me pls ask u dis question.
PLS IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR THIS THREAD
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 10:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ice4jez: mynd if der is one tin i know about u its dat u re a man of ur word so let me pls ask u dis question.
PLS IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR THIS THREAD
Yes....

But a tiny one. I already said I will finish it and I will
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 2:04am On Sep 06, 2013
Time to finish this story

5 Likes

Re: The burning cold by IZUKWU(m): 1:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
Mynd_44: Time to finish this story
cool
Re: The burning cold by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
ope o, yah.
Re: The burning cold by jslimz(f): 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2013
Way to go. #still following#
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 10:36am On Sep 08, 2013
This story is a mess. Did I start it? I went through it and did not like what I saw oooo.

Update in a bit. Time to fulfill my promise
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 3:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
My sleep that night was best described as disturbed as for some reason, I could that I was around the corner and there was something big just waiting for me there but I could not bring myself to see that thing. I woke up too early and I slowly sat up on my bed and looked at the watch on the wall. It read 1:45 and I shook my head. All the time I was in school, I enjoyed staying awake as it gave me a chance to stay up and do things which were important like do my assignments or read in preparation for exams but staying awake when I had nothing to do as a graduate is not really a nice prospect. I thought of going to the sitting room to watch some television but I remembered my childhood and what I saw when I walked on my mum and I decided against it.

My mind went back to the events of the previous day as I brought everything that happen into perspective trying to see if there might be a link or pattern to it. The girl who died was completely not part of the pattern I was drawing since it was just a job I was supposed to do and she did not seem significant but Chidinma and Bunmi’s sudden return spooked me and for some reason, I felt like there was more to these events than I knew but since I could not figure it out, I assumed that I was just being paranoid or scared of having someone close to me and if that was the case then mum had a lot to do with it especially since she had made it known to me how she felt about how she felt about Bunmi and although I liked to tell myself that I did not fear her or she could not do much to me, her threat about how she would rather make a minion than me end up with her and I shuddered a little.

My earlier face off with mum and her minion was still hanging and I though getting mum more pissed would not really be in my interest but I was an adult now with powers of my own so I could not allow her run my life as she wanted it, I also had a say and a huge one at that in the affairs of my life and which was also part of the reason I had planned to move out of the house. If I had a place of my own, I would be free of gholly eyed minions whose souls were condemned to serve their masters for eternity and I won’t have to feel the pity that always well up in me whenever I look at any of them.

Having other beings which have been subjugated to obeying her every desire no matter how demeaning and annoying did not really seem to me like a life any being living or not should be made to live even if she was serving the punishment for a crime she as evil as what she did. I imagined that mum might have also killed people without reason and still she was not having that type of punishment which made me question the sense behind the balance everyone talk about. Life did not really look like a balance, it seemed more like something which only a few privileged ones enjoy and the rest are to get into line and deal with it. There is no court and no appeal for your sentences unless of course you have some powers behind you who can speak for you and help you out but of course before you have that, you should be willing to pay back that power for services rendered.

All these contribute to my wanting to get a place of my own and the appearance of these two women actually spurned me on to get that apartment and I pulled out my phone as I started searching for real estate agencies in the hoping to find a house I can get for myself. I found some agencies and the houses they had available was also online which I was thankful for. I saw the different flats, semi detached and attached buildings they had for rent and I had no doubt that I would find the type of house I wanted to get. I looked at a particular agency’s profile and I found a flat I just loved. From what they called it, it was a three bedroom apartment but the dimensions were what I wanted in an apartment and I got the number of the agency and the identification number for the apartment as I planned to schedule a visit sometime but another though crept into me which made me smile a little.
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 3:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
I could just take a little tour of all the houses I have seen from the pictures I have seen and I would easily find one I like without bothering anyone for an appointment. The addresses were there and they all looked empty so going and coming back would not be problem for me and even if the houses were occupied, it is not like I could be seen by anyone anyway so it made perfect sense.
I went to my closet and picked out a pair of jeans and a shirt, put my phone in my pocket as I was not in the mood to memorize the addresses and I thought of which one to go first. There was a fifteen bedroom apartment for sale somewhere on the island. The place had a pool, a lawn tennis court and a whole of things and since I was already up coupled with the excitement of going around to go and watch things happen, I decided to go check them out one at a time. I walked up to my door and stretched my hand to the knob. I turned the knob and when the door opened, it did not open to the corridor that was supposed to be there, I saw a pool in front of me and I slowly stepped into the image I saw and the door along with the room vanished immediately.

I always enjoy passing through doors as it gives my human side the feeling that it was normal instead of just closing my eyes and finding myself in a different place entirely. The pool I had seen in the picture was in front of me and it did not look as good as the picture portrayed. It was cool and all but I guess the picture had been edited to make it look a lot more attractive. I looked towards the house itself and it was huge. The pool was empty this time and I walked on the sides and walked towards the backdoor. I did not have to turn the knob as I walked in through the door itself and still making sure I was in a mood no one could see just in case there was security guard around. The house looked beautiful but was too high up and I could not afford it except of course I walked into a bank’s vault and rob them clean.
I moved from there to the next house and then to another and another until I had seen more than eight houses with the space of an hour. I was beginning to enjoy my unauthorized tour when I stepped into a little flat somewhere in Ipaja. The moment I entered the flat I thought

“Who would live here?”

The whole place was dirty as the previous inhabitants did not clean up and the agents too did not bother to clean the place up when. The toilet which I regretted entering from was in a horrible state, a tap leaked water from the top as the knob was worn out and some of the tiles were removed from the walls. The floor was cracked and the paint was horrible. My eyes passed through the toilet bowl and I noticed that there was poo inside the toilet not flushed yet. I got pissed and thought was about to leave when I heard voices. At first I thought the voices were something I imagined but soon I realized that the voices were coming from outside the toilet.

A part of me told me to leave and when I put my hand on the door knob, I was seeing my room but another side wanted to see where the voices were coming from. I removed my hand from the knob and stepped through the door and when I met was more filth. Pieces of paper everywhere and cigarette stumps on the floor, there were pieces of match sticks all around and the voice started to get clearer;

“I can’t believe this people set a trap for us”

“If we were not smart enough, we will have been caught and that would have been the end of all of all”

“Well, now that we know how crazy they can get, we will have to be more careful when we go and collect the money now and we can even double the money we are asking for”

I walked slowly and out of instinct, cautiously towards where I had no doubt was the sitting room and took a little peep, the people talking were still talking though

“Look here you, your parent set a trap to catch us; it seems like they do not love you enough to pay us the money we demand for and we will have to kill you and dump your body somewhere they won’t find it”
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 3:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
“Another said, maybe we should cut out some of her fingers and send it to them so they know we mean business”

I took another step and walked into the room completely, breathing slowly and hoping that they won’t see me, even though I knew they can’t.

There were four people in the small living room, two guys, a girl who was curled against a wall and another female who just leaned on the wall close to me. The girl seemed to be crying while one of the guys was carrying a cutlass.

The one with the cutlass said;

“I don’t know why you said we should not molest her, I can’t have this warm body go to waste; not while her parents tried to arrest us”

The other one said;

“We do not do that, we take and collect our money, don’t touch her; there are curses associated with things like that and I for one would not like to be cursed”

The girl who was leaning on the wall said;

“You damn right there are curses for things like that. Infact, there are curses for everything you do; smoke, drink, kidnap, even if you do something good, there is a curse. Blame the powers in the universe for it”

Then the girl turned towards me and said;

“Welcome to the party, please introduce yourself and then tell us what you are doing here”

I looked at her and realized that she was looking directly at me but then I remembered that when I am in that mode, people look through me as though I was not there so I looked behind me expecting to see someone else there and then I heard her voice again;

“Why are you looking back? I am talking to you; you have a lot of explaining to do”
Re: The burning cold by ijebabe: 3:28pm On Sep 08, 2013
Ye!!! Praise sango! Mynd im waiting for more updates grin
Re: The burning cold by Ice4jez(m): 3:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
Yes ooh mynd u get. Mouth. Abeg continue oh
Re: The burning cold by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
Hehehehehehe, Ghost mode uncovered.
Re: The burning cold by PBeni(m): 6:06pm On Sep 08, 2013
I'm loving this...
Mr Mind, more updates pls.
Re: The burning cold by IZUKWU(m): 2:47am On Sep 09, 2013
Stealth mode malfunctioning. Press factory reset.

1 Like

Re: The burning cold by kenchukscole(m): 9:45pm On Sep 09, 2013
nice one dia mynd....keep it flowing
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 8:42am On Sep 10, 2013
I looked at her and realized that she was looking directly at me but then I remembered that when I am in that mode, people look through me as though I was not there so I looked behind me expecting to see someone else there and then I heard her voice again;

“Why are you looking back? I am talking to you; you have a lot of explaining to do”

I looked back at the girl and I accessed how she dressed and how she looked. She was almost smiling at me except the voice she spoke in was not friendly. It was obvious she felt threatened by my presence there and she was just trying to be cool and act matured about it but I was also facing the same dilemma. I was fearful because although I was eager to test how my powers will fare against someone else, I was not hoping to go against more than one person and these people looked like they could really hurt anyone they wanted to.

I looked at the dude holding the cutlass and felt a familiar chill travel up my spine. His face was broken and cut in different places. He looked like the type that would not have any issues killing someone and throwing the body in the waste receptacle without even flinching. The other one looked a little bit calm but his eyes said something else. He was the one saying they should not molest the girl but that could more because it would be easier to extort money from people when their hostage was in good form. His eyes were that of someone who is calculated and the master mind of a criminal world and I feared him more than every other person in the room.

The hostage was sitting on the floor with her knees together. She was cladded in a pair of jeans and a tight shirt. She sat against the walls and held her knees together probably because of the thought that one of the guys might molest her or just out of fatigue and tiredness. A part of me wanted to do something about her situation but fighting these people might not be in my best interest. I already had a bad experience and I did not want to go through it again so I hatched a plane to disappear back home but that might end up being another bad idea as if they could see me; they probably could also follow me anywhere I went. My mind went to calling mum for help but that would just prove that I was not capable of taking care of myself which I intended to prove wrong so I would have to stay there and hope I can survive whatever they threw at me.

I heard the girl say again;

“Are you here at all? What do you want and you’d better start talking soon”

I was speechless but I knew for certain I had to say something and the truth might just save me this time so I said;

“I was just taking a walk and I see to be disturbing you guys so I would just leave and be on my way”

“On your way? You are about to miss all the fun and why would you be taking a walk in places like this?”

“Well I learnt my lesson and I am out of here”

I heard the voice of the guy with the cutlass;

“What do we do now?”

The other guy said;

“We send another message to her parents and this time we warn them completely. we might also change the way we pick up money; maybe ask them to drop the money and we go pick it up later. That way, there won’t be a risk of the police showing up there to disturb us”

When he said that, I looked at him and saw that he was not looking towards me and the girl at all. It was almost as if to them we did not exist and that was when it started to make sense to me. I really had not much to fear except the girl as the other two guys could not really see me hence they could not do anything to me. I turned to the girl and said with renewed confidence;

“What are you doing here?”

“This is my turf and you are the one who is trespassing so I would be asking the question because I still don’t buy your idea that you are here for a stroll”

“Well that is the truth and you can choose not to believe it if you want” I said

“Time would tell, just stay out of my way else I won’t be so pleasant” she said to me

My mind twisted a little bit when I heard the word pleasant. She actually thinks she is being pleasant when she almost made me soil my pants and had my heart beating at more than ten times the normal rate?

“So what’s the deal with these guys here? Are you their protector or adviser?”
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 8:46am On Sep 10, 2013
“Do these guys look like they need a protector?”

“So what are you doing here? For some reason, I don’t believe you are not here on a stroll”

“Well you can call me the girl’s guardian angel so I have to make an appearance and see that she is okay”

I looked at her and was somewhat surprised

“Guardian angel? You are an angel?”

“Did I say I am an angel? I am here to look after the girl and make sure she is okay”

Suddenly, the guy who was not with the cutlass sat down on the floor and said;

“Let’s call her parents in the morning, this deal is pissing me off and I want it over with as soon as possible”

“Well why not find a way to end this and get her home then?”

“A lesson needs to be learnt here you know. She has been giving her parents headache for a while now and her mother complained to her grandparents who sent me to watch out for her. Unfortunately for her, I believe in a more practical approach when it comes to teaching these kids”

I looked at the girl and her fear filled eyes and I said;

“You do realize that this will traumatize her for the rest of her life right?”

“See who is suddenly caring for the lives of mortal. I never thought I would see a reaper with a conscience before. I heard it is a bad mix but if that’s what makes you sleep, cool”

“It is 4am and I am walking in abandoned flats. Sleep is not something I do well and how did you know I am a reaper?”

“I am about seven hundred and fifty years old; I have seen people die and killed some myself. I know the smell of death when I perceive it”

I looked at her again and wondered how she could be that old and looked that young

“I know that look; you are wondering how I manage to keep in shape even though I am so old right? You need to see me in human form. This fragile old woman who has to feed from a straw and all, I will soon die anyway; I think it is time for me to be re-born”

“That explains a lot. But what’s next for the girl?”

“I tipped off the police on my way here; they will soon come in with their guns blazing and arrest these guys”

I looked around and as much as I wanted to hang around to talk with her, I did not like the prospect of the police around just in case something goes wrong and something terrible happened. I turned to her and said;

“I wish you all the best and I was actually house hunting when I came around here. I will be going back now as it is almost morning and I have some things to do”

She gave me one of those smiles mum gives when she is trying to make me look powerless and childish and she said;

“I know a couple of tricks from the old ages too which might be helpful for a young person like you so if you ever need me, just call my name and we can talk”
She told me her name which I could contact her with which told me that she was not really joking about how old she was and I left her but not before I heard the distant sounds of police trucks in the distance. The rest of the day went well, I already checked out the houses and I simply called the agency and told them which of their houses I wanted to have. When they asked me if I would love to schedule a visit to the house to see if it was still available, I said;

“I trust you people and from the pictures I saw, I know it would be a great place”

Bunmi called me at 10am that morning and suggested that we meet for lunch at a restaurant somewhere which was okay for me. There was no job around for me to do, mum left the house before I could get out of bed which I was happy about and I had to go get breakfast from outside since I had already promised myself that I would not allow the minions make me anything again.

The date with Bunmi was not what I expected at all. It was something that threatened to take the best of me and part of what out me in the situation I am in right now. I arrived at the venue early as I wanted to make sure I got the area well mapped out in case things don’t go well, I can find a way out of the place and storm out and still not look silly. I made sure I went with my car and not pull a disappearing act too as I might end up having to give her a ride or something.
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 8:48am On Sep 10, 2013
I bought a bottle of water and waited for her to come. she was supposed to be there by 2 and the time went past 3 and she was not there yet. I was gradually losing my patience as I had already decided to go look at some furniture so as soon as I pay for my new apartment, I could start buying my things slowly. I sat there waiting and trying my best not to go looking for her and finding a way to see what was keeping her when I heard my phone ring.

“Hello”

“Peter, I am so sorry. I am on my way there to meet you right now so just hold on for me”

I was angry but it was pointless being angry over the phone and besides she did not owe me anything so I decided to keep it in and allow her come before I blew up at her. I hung up the phone and took another gulp of water when suddenly the room went dark. The light in the restaurant went dim and it was as if there was a thick blanket keeping the lights out. The temperature which was kept by the air-conditioning at a temperature suddenly dropped suddenly and I could almost feel frost form on my nose,
I was freezing in the afternoon but it seems everyone else did not notice the change as they all continued with their life. A couple was even trying to steal a kiss at some corner of the restaurant. Suddenly a set of images appeared in my front, like a photo album and I counted about ten of them. They were all carrying guns and were of almost the same age. Middle aged and seem like the crime fighting team.

Their images flashed slowly in my front with each of them registering in my brain. The storing was also painful as it felt as if the pictures were being tattooed on the inside of my skull. The cold did not help issues and I thought I would blank out. Their names came after the pictures and I began to understand why I this was happening. I was being called to a job but this was not the type of jobs I normally do. These people all have the same date of death and almost the same time. It was like someone was going on a killing feast and I was to be there to collect their souls.

I endured and received the information (not like I had a choice anyway) but when I saw the last picture, my system rebelled against me. I found myself looking at a picture I knew I could not deny that I know. It was that of a lady with hair as dark as coal. She was smiling and was wearing a gray suit. She had the same date as the rest of them but her time was the last on the list. I tried to reject the information coming to me but I could not even put up a fight.
Suddenly, everything went back to normal. The temperature, lights and the conditions inside the restaurant. I looked in front of me and it seemed someone was talking to me and trying to get my attention. I closed my eyes and opened them again to see Bunmi in front of me saying;

“Peter, are you there?”

I mumbled a “Hello, when did you get here?” so I would not freak her out but I could not get the images out of my head. It was actually the last one that got me more freaked out. I was to reap the soul of my long lost Girlfriend Chidinma.
Re: The burning cold by oladimeji101(m): 9:06am On Sep 10, 2013
Nice one bruv. Ride on smiley
Re: The burning cold by Onyeoma3: 9:21am On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44:
I was to reap the soul of my long lost Girlfriend Chidinma.

Hmmmmmm
Re: The burning cold by PBeni(m): 4:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
Mehn am so loving this, got me glued to my phone.
Keep it up Mr Mind. You're very good...
Re: The burning cold by kenchukscole(m): 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2013
hmmmmmmmm
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 2:24am On Sep 16, 2013
She looked at me puzzled and said;

“I have been standing here for more than 5 minutes and you have been lost in limbo. You were just staring at me as if you have seen a ghost or something”

Suddenly I figured out that if I was not careful, I would be setting myself up for a long explanation as to what I was thinking of and why I was staring at her. I knew it could not have been up to five minutes but it was a long time and there has to be an explanation but my mind could not think straight. I was about to do a job that I was not ready or ever will be ready for. I never thought the time would come when I will have to reap anyone close to me and I never thought of what I would do if that happened. What happens if the next job was my mother? What would I do then?

Bunmi was still looking at me as she was expecting an explanation and I said;

“Well you are right”

She looked puzzled and said;

“Right about what?”

“That I just saw a ghost” I said adjusting the way I sat down trying to see if I could get more comfortable. And I continued;

“I never thought I’d be seeing you again and you still look the same way you did so long ago”

She smiled

“Stop flattering me Peter”

Suddenly, I got my rhythm back;

“Why should I flatter you Bunmi? You have always been beautiful and you are amazing and that smile of yours always gets me”
I saw her smile get wider and I knew if not for the melanin in her system, her cheeks will go red. I reached over the table, took her hands and said;

“You always keep me spell bound and these hands of yours still feel the same way it felt when I last held them”

“Wow, you have suddenly gotten good at talking Peter” she said. “I wonder what changed you”

“Does it really matter? Or perhaps, it takes the right person and situation to get someone talk in ways they never thought or dreamt that they could”

She looked me in the eyes and I did not look away. I looked straight in and I remember something my mother told me years back. She told me that if you look properly into the eyes of someone, you can get information from them; you will see things that they are trying to hide or trying to tell you but can’t tell. I looked deeper and I knew she had something locked up inside her eyes and I saw images and words I could not make out, just words which danced around in my head. I was filled with her emotions and I felt down; not down as I was originally but down in a certain way that showed some kind of shame.

She felt disgusted with herself and I knew I brought that feeling in her. My mind went to what mum told me about her sleeping around and I started to believe it. I kept looking hoping that I would see the truth but suddenly she broke it off and looked away. Her eyes moved away from where I was and she looked towards the ground. She also removed her hands from mine.

“Do you want something to eat?” I asked trying to salvage the moment

“No I don’t, I won’t be staying long anyways since I just wanted to drop something with you”

“Can my day get worse?” I thought to myself

“Well Peter, the thing is that I want to tell you something very important to me and it will be great if you try to understand me so we are both on the same page”

It was my turn to look puzzled as I wondered what could be happening to her that would make her so spooked and afraid

“Just tell me what it is and we will work it put”

“Well, Peter, I am getting married in three months”

My mind changed from being puzzled to being relieved.

“That’s great. Why did you try to scare me in the first place?” I asked “I was thinking it was something sinister”

“Well, it is not so bad if you look at it but I just thought it will be better if you heard this from me”

I sat back into the chair and forced a smile

“Thank you for informing me. I guess it would be awkward if I heard it from someone else” I said

“Well I am glad you see that point but that is not all” she said

“Okay, there is more? I am sure they are little: just hand me an invitation and tell me when the cloth for the wedding will be out”

She kept quiet for some time and then said;

1 Like

Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 2:27am On Sep 16, 2013
“Okay, there is more? I am sure they are little: just hand me an invitation and tell me when the cloth for the wedding will be out”
She kept quiet for some time and then said;

“That’s where the problem is Peter; I told my fiancé about you and he grew jealous of you. When we started to draw up a list of people to invite, he specifically mentioned that he does not want you there. He is pretty unsecure because he feels there is no way I can get away from you which in some way is true but I hope you understand”

I looked at her and saw that she was on the edge of her seat looking at me like I was about to jump off my chair and make a grab for her or something. She had taken her hands off the table and was clutching her handbag as though it was running away and I realized that she had pent up anxiety within her and holding on to her bag was keeping from actually blowing off out of fear.

“I totally understand Bunmi” I said

“I am also happy you are honest enough to be straight with me. You are the one getting married and you deserve a happy home and if you say you need me to stay away from your wedding, I will be happy to do that”

She let out air through her nostrils and said;

“Thank you very much Peter, I hope you find the best of everything in life. I have to go now because I have an appointment with my pastor about the wedding”

“Okay, do you need me to drop you off somewhere?” I said

“No I have a cab waiting for me outside. Goodbye Peter” she said then she got up and walked out the door.

I sat still for a while trying to process what happened and I realized that whatever was happening with Bunmi was none of my business unless I was going to be reaping her soul or someone close to her. for some reason, I did not really feel hurt or even bad that she was walking away and walking out. My mind was focused on one thing and it was on Chidinma. I walked to the stand to get some food and I realized that my appetite had left so I walked out of the restaurant and to my car with the images of Chidinma and the remaining men on my mind.

I got into the car and turned on the ignition. I was not happy at the turn of events but there was really nothing I could do about it. the restaurant was not far from my house but I took the long way basically driving around the city hoping to get my head cleared and suddenly my phone rang. I pulled over to check the caller ID and it was the estate agency.

The conversation went in a way I did not understand but it included them saying something about the flat I had requested for about to be rented out to someone else and the person would pay their asking price the next day. I was not really bothered about the flat and the truth was that I did not really know if I would get another one like that so I asked if I would get it if I paid earlier than the other guy and they said yes. I could not go to the bank but I asked them to send me their account details so I would transfer the money to them.

I was about to start the car again when a peculiar smell hit me. It was the smell of roasted maize by the road side and this made my stomach rumble. I remembered that I had not had lunch but I did not really like maize. I looked out my window and saw a woman fanning the flames below some of her goods and I decided to buy some. I got out of the car and walked towards her.

I got in her front and she had some of the maize already roasted and ready to eat and I realized it was what called me to the woman, the maize smelled s good, I wondered if anyone else smelled the maize or perhaps it was just because I was hungry that made me smell it. I saw a large one and I decided to g for it.

“Good afternoon ma, how much do you sell that?” I said pointing to the large one I saw

“Why are you following me?” the old woman said

I looked behind me hoping to see someone else there but I was the only one

“Who are you talking to?” I asked

“I am talking to you, taker of the dead. Do you think I will forget you just because I have taken my human form?”

I looked at the woman and she looked up at me. Her face was not one I recognized and I did not find anything familiar about her so I assumed she was not mentally stable. I started to walk away thinking the maize was a not a good idea when I heard her say

“Do you still walk around empty apartments in the middle of the night?”

1 Like

Re: The burning cold by Bkrubzy(m): 7:45am On Sep 16, 2013
Hmmmmn
Re: The burning cold by PBeni(m): 8:22am On Sep 16, 2013
This gets more captivating with each update...
Mr Mynd i hope i wouldn't be seen as Oliver Twist if i said i want more...
Keep the good work going man, you're really good.
Re: The burning cold by MsSpaqs(f): 10:43am On Sep 16, 2013
grin
Re: The burning cold by purpinkx(m): 12:31pm On Sep 16, 2013
I might just stop buying maize you know !
Re: The burning cold by drl33: 3:34am On Oct 02, 2013
oya oya oya, oga Mynd come update o. Na because of u i register o
Re: The burning cold by Taiye4Christ(m): 3:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
*wipes cobwebs off the thread* mehn, nice work *coughs* you are doing/did here. please, try and finish up. God bless you

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Blind Love / Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.