Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

The burning cold - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The burning cold (47228 Views)

Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) / Jos, December And Cold. / UNYIME-IVY KING – “burning Hurt” Akwa Ibom’s Bestfemale Literary Fiction Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The burning cold by ayobase(m): 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2012
*dhtml:

Shaddap yer maut dere. . .na who you dey tell make e fvck-off (to talk true, even us bad-belle people sef dey gbaladun Peter)

So you are still here...tot u un-followed!
Re: The burning cold by Cuddlemii: 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2012
Please, I implore everyone to act civil.

No more Derailing!

If you find the thread offensive, express your views constructively or go to another thread that is more comfortable/appropriate for you.

Thanks!
Re: The burning cold by 190theclown: 11:35pm On Sep 27, 2012
post was copy and pasted from

www.osasanjo-sango-ota-farms.com
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 11:39pm On Sep 27, 2012
190, how did you know?
Re: The burning cold by ijebabe: 11:43pm On Sep 27, 2012
Mynd_44: At Freecocoa, I did not write/copy paste this for you or anyone for that matter. Those who I wrote it for have the evidence that its mine(it came from my notes on FB) and I really dont care what you think about it.
If you know me half as much, you should know people's opinions dont really get to me and if you think we should derail this, you know I am the best guy for the job.
@cuddle, I see you jorh
Carry on don't let anyone bring you down kiss
Re: The burning cold by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 28, 2012
Na there the Tory come end?
Re: The burning cold by kilimanjaro(m): 12:12am On Sep 28, 2012
cry
Re: The burning cold by Sunebanty(m): 12:44am On Sep 28, 2012
*Subscribing*
Re: The burning cold by tpia5: 2:16am On Sep 28, 2012
the reason why i rarely visit this section anymore. . . . . .best to leave it to the current crew who understand themselves and what they consider literature. . . . . .
Re: The burning cold by Cuddlemii: 3:20am On Sep 28, 2012
tpia@:

Yes o, it is front page- that's where i saw it.

I dont usually click on front page topics but since this one had "literature section" attached to it, i wanted to look see.

Now, does this mean if anyone types any collection of the alphabet together and throws in the word "death" at intervals, it will automatically jump to front page?
tpia@:
didnt read the write up but just wondering why it made front page.

does somebody have a crush on somebody?
tpia@:
the reason why i rarely visit this section anymore. . . . . .best to leave it to the current crew who understand themselves and what they consider literature. . . . . .

Ma,

Usually, I don't reply you when you start your drama/theatrics but I think I have time today.
Probably, you mistake my silence & respect for you as a sign of weakness.

So, because one thread is offensive to you, everyone should loose sleep and disregard all the other resourceful threads on this section?

Don't people sometimes misinterpret your posts and threads for that of a disturbed woman? Has that stopped members from enjoying your post? Has it made you a little considerate?

Tpia, it is very simple, there are several threads you can visit to enrich yourself. Don't bring whatever personal squabble you have with the poster to disorganize this section. I thought by now you would have corrected your reputation, what do you gain from taunting/bullying members? I see literature is your next stop abi? You are bored with the other sections? Civility is a virtue!

5 Likes

Re: The burning cold by Goldieluks: 4:21am On Sep 28, 2012
Why don't i find this poetry interesting?
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 6:16am On Sep 28, 2012
I really dont understand why these guys think I give an eff what they think. You think its great, fine, you dont I dont care. So keep ranting
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 6:17am On Sep 28, 2012
Goldieluks: Why don't i find this poetry interesting?
Cos
1. It is not poetry
2. It is not interesting

happy now?

1 Like

Re: The burning cold by Nobody: 6:25am On Sep 28, 2012
@OP, Mynd, I just stumbled upon your story now, and I must commend your style of writing. The beginning was superb it got me thrilled in a wow way...and at a point the tempo slowed down but picked up again. Analyzing your writing skill, I would give you a three heart cheers cos u deserve a praise & pls don't let your nairaland rivals on the romance section bring your passion for your story down, cos those that understand literature really appreciate your work here. Romance section users are always known for demeaning words & bashing, & hate-display & its cos most are yet to understand what life truly is. so go my dear.

@Cuddlemi, just keep doing your good work jareh, whatever u deem fit to make the front page is ok by us. and this piece sure merits the front page. But then, have it in mind that romance section regular users love derailing threads, they love e-fight, & they enjoy bringing people down on nairaland in an effort to win ovation & cheap e-fame not knowing the harm they are doing to themselves.

Mynd, your story is good. Keep it up.

3 Likes

Re: The burning cold by donigspain(m): 6:55am On Sep 28, 2012
We (Nigerian Players Association) are watching... We hope to get you on a free loan down to sexuality section when the next transfer window opens. Nice writeup!
Signed:
DONIGSPAIN
NPA CHAIRMAN
Re: The burning cold by Goldieluks: 8:19am On Sep 28, 2012
Mynd_44:
Cos
1. It is not poetry
2. It is not interesting

happy now?

i know its not poetry, but a narrative writing.
Keep whatever it is you are doing, up!!
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 9:20am On Sep 28, 2012
Goldieluks:

i know its not poetry, but a narrative writing.
Keep whatever it is you are doing, up!!
**confused**
Re: The burning cold by Goldieluks: 9:21am On Sep 28, 2012
Mynd_44:
**confused**

Why?
I don't find it interesting, doesn't mean i should discourage your work. Does it?

Re: The burning cold by Sapphiredamsel(f): 9:30am On Sep 28, 2012
[quote author=Odinaka00][/quote]
Shut up
Re: The burning cold by amyg(f): 9:40am On Sep 28, 2012
Mynd_44: I walked into the hall, it was dark but lit (as usual). Just the way it is every time I went. Sometimes I wonder if my boss had to get some internal decorator to do the designs for him. I found my self walking through the passage. For a guy this old, He/It did not have any desire for painting or any form of art. The art he knew or was familiar with was simple and that was what I was here to handle. I went to the first door and it opened by itself as though it has a special sensory capability (but I know better). Immediately I stepped in, I got the feeling. The feeling I always get when I go see the Boss. The minions all around you feeling you, touching you probing your heart, brains and mind to see if you are carrying or hiding something.

Typical you might think cos all Bosses who deal in power have the thought that their staff might betray them and mine was not different. It has trust issues and I don't blame it. After all I have done in the past 6 months, I doubt It will trust any thing again. Not even the minions which He/It trusts.
I will explain the minions later cos they on their own are a separate story all together. I continued walking as the minions are not the type to spare you if they suspect you are hiding the slightest thing. I went to the second door and again it opened. The way this door opens always amuse me. You walk up to it and it just vanishes into thin air, I always find it amusing but today, I was in trouble and little things like vanishing doors could not put a smile on my face.

I wanted to enter but I could not move I knew this effect was coming from me(I was scared). I looked up and there It was in his "normal" form, appearance and glory. Glory because if an artist could draw this, it will be the best picture he has ever seen. But of course that artist will die or run mad before the pencil even touches the paper.

There It was bent down and looking into those scrolls. Those were the scrolls which got me in this mess and I knew It Knows. I stood there for more than five minutes just watching It. There were once rumours that the book itsef emanates from Him/It or an higher authority. But who will ask? There are worse things that death you know.

I still stood head almost bowed, legs itching, heart pounding and fear present when I heard that voice. The voice come as always the same way. It comes at once and stops.

I look in the direction of the source and It looked up at me. There It was claded in a garment as dark as blackness without any part of this flesh or skin (if he has any) revealed. The voice took the form of words in my head as usual and I started making it out

"I am the end of all mortal. The coldness that burns your heart, the inevitability of all thing and the oldest of all elements. I am the one who calls and all mortal answers, the one who takes and has never given, the one who wipes a smile and compound sorrows, I am the one who maintains the balance and who records it. I am the REAPER. The GRIM REAPER."

With that, I fell to my kneels, all thoughts wiped out and all concerns stopped.
He continued

"I am the first punishment and the only one you can't fight. The only way you must pass and the one from which there is no escape"
"Your lord, master and owner"
"raise your eyes and see me"

I looked up into that black hood and instead of a face, I saw noting just a stare that was filled with suffering, agony and contempt, no eyes but two fiery dots in the midst of the dark. I felt It go through me and I felt Its essence run through my being. I looked again and saw the soulless daze It had on me.

Yes my name is Peter and I am standing in front of my boss the GRIM REAPER also know as DEATH.
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
mtcheeew.and the moral of the story is?
Nonsense!must everyone b a writer?
Re: The burning cold by Kgdavid(m): 11:17am On Sep 28, 2012
amyg:

must the st
amyg:
and why exactly must the story have a moral?? you wanna hear stories with morals go to your village. the fact that you didnt enjoy his story doesnt mean others such as myself didnt as well and its clear to see others did. so the question is raised: must everyone be a critic? especially when ur criticism is merely evoked out of your jealous need to attract some attention to yourself.

1 Like

Re: The burning cold by Kgdavid(m): 11:20am On Sep 28, 2012
Goldieluks:

Why?
I don't find it interesting, doesn't mean i should discourage your work. Does it?

so why have you then felt the need to inform him that his story is uninteresting to you?
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 11:22am On Sep 28, 2012
Kgdavid:

so why have you then felt the need to inform him that his story is uninteresting to you?
Cos everyone has a right to his/her own opinion so I just leave them and move on
Re: The burning cold by Sagytarius(m): 11:39am On Sep 28, 2012
Mynd_44:
As If I give an eff. Na you dey craze.
Nor mind freecocoa. She nor know say U be big time Copycat cool
Re: The burning cold by ijebabe: 11:39am On Sep 28, 2012
Well my opinion for those who have a problem with this thread is, they can go hug a transformer undecided
Re: The burning cold by Sagytarius(m): 11:40am On Sep 28, 2012
freecocoa: You dey craze ni? No just give me that tone o, see this one angry.

Let's derail it na, no be your thread? We go know who e go pain tongue

#pours in some fuel# grin
Re: The burning cold by wilybabe(f): 11:50am On Sep 28, 2012
Guy u re gud. Wat ever u do pple will always talk. U would hv made money by putting it in a book rather than posting it here 4 some pple who dont appreciate it. Abeg finish d story jor
Re: The burning cold by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2012
ayobase:

So you are still here...tot u un-followed!
The side-attractions of the thread is interesting as well. . . .i aint unfollowing, in fact, ave bookmarked this page sef
Re: The burning cold by amyg(f): 1:41pm On Sep 28, 2012
Kgdavid:

must the st
and why exactly must the story have a moral?? you wanna hear stories with morals go to your village. the fact that you didnt enjoy his story doesnt mean others such as myself didnt as well and its clear to see others did. so the question is raised: must everyone be a critic? especially when ur criticism is merely evoked out of your jealous need to attract some attention to yourself.
Of course it should have a moral or y did it make d front page?am not a fan 4 craps.as 4 d attention,it wasn't supposed 2 come from u nah. tongue
Re: The burning cold by igweGC(m): 7:45pm On Sep 28, 2012
grin
amyg:
please go and watch TALES BY MOONLIGHT...bad belle. tongue
amyg:
please go and watch TALES BY MOONLIGHT...bad belle.
Re: The burning cold by fuckme: 8:15pm On Sep 28, 2012
Anyways Bleep freecocoa and her ilks!
Re: The burning cold by amyg(f): 9:33pm On Sep 28, 2012
igweGC: grin
please go and watch TALES BY MOONLIGHT...bad belle. tongue
please go and watch TALES BY MOONLIGHT...bad belle.
Unfollowing

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Blind Love / Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.