Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

The burning cold - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The burning cold (47208 Views)

Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) / Jos, December And Cold. / UNYIME-IVY KING – “burning Hurt” Akwa Ibom’s Bestfemale Literary Fiction Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The burning cold by BecaciaBarbie(f): 7:08pm On Oct 17, 2012
Mynd_44:
**yawn** you still dey here?
I went home and I still meet you here this morning, babe are you a witch? No offence
So U̶̲̥̅̊ didn't Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ last night? We flew 2geda nah!
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2012
Becacia_Barbie:
So U̶̲̥̅̊ didn't Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ last night? We flew 2geda nah!
No you flew alone oo
Re: The burning cold by BecaciaBarbie(f): 8:31pm On Oct 17, 2012
Mynd_44:
No you flew alone oo
ℓ☺ℓ‎​ pretender!
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 8:49pm On Oct 17, 2012
[quote author=Becacia_Barbie]
ℓ☺ℓ‎​ pretender! [/quote
I know you use a BB but can you please stick to using ENGLISH
Re: The burning cold by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:54pm On Oct 17, 2012
[quote author=Mynd_44][/quote]
I didn't do anyfn wrng nah?
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 10:59pm On Oct 17, 2012
Becacia_Barbie:
I didn't do anyfn wrng nah?
What you typed showed in BB fonts. I could not read it
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 5:27am On Oct 18, 2012
Updated
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 5:29am On Oct 18, 2012
“I think I should still be at the hospital”

She came over to my side, opened the door and the warm air again.
They were so refreshing. It’s funny how we never appreciate the little things until in situations like this
“Pete, get down we have things to do”
I shook my head indicating no
She reached inside the car and her hand reach straight for the hook of the seat belt her skin brushed against mine and it felt cold the kindof coldness you feel when you touch ice. Her eyes still had the same color and it was just like everything was normal
“get out of the car Pete”
“the sooner we get this done with, the better for the both of us”
I tried to lift my right leg and to my surprise, it obeyed. I got out of the car with her help and she held my hand as we walked to the door. She put the key into the key hole and turned it. I heard the familiar click of the locks as they released the door from the hooks and as she turned the knob, the door opened. I stepped into the house and I felt something else. It was cold.

Not the type of cold that you get from when you are coming in from a warm surrounding but it was cold and damp like the humidity here was different from that outside, I kept walking in the living room, goose pimples formed all over me and every hair on my body rose at once ae though there were gonna float off my skin. My skin was crawling and then I heard the locks click again.
“mom, what’s going on?”
“in a minute” she replied
I looked around and I could almost see things flying around like shadows. I was turning as I was trying to make up exactly what theywere when the light came on.
“don’t try to see them, at least not yet”
I replied, “what are they”
“minions. Servant of the elementals”was her reply
“I forgot all the feelings and looked at her
“elementals?”
“Yes son”
“Take a seat and I will try to make this easy on you”
Re: The burning cold by 2bey(m): 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2012
[color=#770077][/color] Eeeessshh, I w'd have 2 visit d men's room, d suspence has gotten to ma bowels. . .
Re: The burning cold by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:42am On Oct 19, 2012
2bey: [color=#770077][/color] Eeeessshh, I w'd have 2 visit d men's room, d suspence has gotten to ma bowels. . .
Lool...same here! Buh Ladies room...Mynd dnt keep us waiting for too long o!
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 5:16am On Oct 19, 2012
Becacia_Barbie:
Lool...same here! Buh Ladies room...Mynd dnt keep us waiting for too long o!
Knowing that you spend 3 days just to pee, no problems
Re: The burning cold by firestar(f): 10:33am On Oct 19, 2012
**takes a seat**
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 11:49am On Oct 19, 2012
firestar: **takes a seat**
You have not paid for this movie ma'am.
Re: The burning cold by firestar(f): 12:07pm On Oct 19, 2012
Mynd_44:
You have not paid for this movie ma'am.
Nani
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 12:14pm On Oct 19, 2012
You have to pay ma'am. And if you have, show me your ticket
Re: The burning cold by firestar(f): 12:22pm On Oct 19, 2012
You sir, are trying to bait me....
Does paying my respects count?
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 12:25pm On Oct 19, 2012
firestar: You sir, are trying to bait me....
Does paying my respects count?
That is okay.
So hope you are enjoying our presentation
Re: The burning cold by firestar(f): 12:40pm On Oct 19, 2012
Mynd_44:
That is okay.
So hope you are enjoying our presentation
...I'll let you know soon... smiley
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 12:44pm On Oct 19, 2012
firestar:
...I'll let you know soon... smiley
kk
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 7:59am On Oct 21, 2012
The chairs around me did not look attractive to me not one bit. I did not want to seat down, I did not want to stand either and the whole house was beaming with a feeling. A sort of energy and the feeling that we were not alone was there. Infact it felt like the house was crowded with people and I was feeling them around me.
“sit down son. This might be difficult to understand or accept”

She paused and swallowed not hard but easily. She was casual as if this was not some serious thing while I was scared and shaking like a leave in the middle of the cold North Eastern breeze
She got up and poured herself a drink from the water dispenser and put the disposable cup in my trembling hands. I could feel the water through the cup but the cold I felt around me was more.
“there are things in life which are beyond what you can and should see as a normal human being”
“things that are reserved for certain people or beings who have a higher calling than that of everyone else”
I looked up and asked
“what do you mean ma?”
“Remember I told you your father died before you were born?”
“Well he did die but he was the carrier of one responsibility and you also have that responsibility”
I swallowed
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 8:03am On Oct 21, 2012
“you see son life is beautiful but like every other thing, there are people who move around making sure that life goes smoothly and everything is fair and balanced. Those people work for beings who are also involved in achieving one purpose which is that life continues”
She adjusted herself on the chair.
“There is more than one realm in this world”
“The one we are is the physical, the seen realm which is more like the display output of your computer or cell phone”
“But like those cell phone where you push a button and it appears on the output component, so is life”
“remember the stories from Sunday school about creation?”
I nodded
“those were not stories kiddo, there were real events but whether or not they happened in that exact sequence or within that time frame, I have no idea of but it was true”
I spoke out,
“So you mean when God says let there be light, there was light right?”

“well, look at it like this, when the bible says let there be light, light comes physically but a lot of things have to be done in the unseen. Just like your phone, God pushes a button by making statements and the earth being the physical ream showed the result of the command because that’s what it is designed to do”
But remember that the cell phone also has some components inside it to make this output possible right? These are what get the job done”
She took a deep breath,
“So also in life, there are things or call them beings which work underneath the surface to make what is commanded a reality. These things are charged with the responsibility to make things happen and they came into being as a necessity”
“But these beings also had a problem, while they can carry out their function below the surface, they can’t operate on earth as they are not human and don’t have a body
You need a body to operate on earth because those are the rules as set forth by the Creator himself”
“So these beings had to have humans to work for and with them so they can function properly and that son is where this whole issues concerns you”
Re: The burning cold by firestar(f): 8:05am On Oct 21, 2012
Hmmmmmm......
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 8:11am On Oct 21, 2012
firestar: Hmmmmmm......
Huh?
Re: The burning cold by firestar(f): 8:13am On Oct 21, 2012
Wags her finger....
No comments yet Mynd...
I'm currently refining it.
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 8:32am On Oct 21, 2012
firestar: Wags her finger....
No comments yet Mynd...
I'm currently refining it.
Europeans are so wahala filled
Re: The burning cold by ijebabe: 8:48am On Oct 21, 2012
Hmmmm, a good play with the bible and creation up there mynd. I love how you turned that around in the story, made me think as well smiley

Few grammatical errors but I'm still following this. Don't get too carried away with the deets so that it doesn't get boring.

Love how you think, carry on.
Re: The burning cold by donigspain(m): 5:58am On Oct 22, 2012
Still on the matter!
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 5:30pm On Oct 23, 2012
Continues
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 5:34pm On Oct 23, 2012
She continued.
“Look, your father and his grandfather were born as servants to one of those things. They are a few of the human beings around who are born with the purpose of serving this purpose and it is kept in their generation and if one generation is lost, another is chosen to take their place”
At the sound of my father, my heart skipped. I never met the man as my mum told me he had his family and she was just an out of state fling.
“my father?”
“Yes son, he was a servant of an elemental as you were born to be. You are to serve an elemental which controls your family’s life and ensure that the world is as it should always be. Balanced”
I still could not come to believe this.
“but I thought you said you did not know anything about my father?”
“would you have preferred if I told you that he is an agent of death and he is only seen where and when someone is about to die?”
Now she was getting me confused.
“is he a murderer?”
“far from it son, he is not a murderer, but he just appears to be so because of the purpose that binds him”
“And what’s that purpose mum?”
That’s when she said it. The name that has dictated what I did, where I went and how messed up my life would be for the next twelve years
“Death”
“your father is and was a messenger of death”
“you said he was a messenger of death like he has quitted or something” I muttered
“you see son in that kind of profession, you don’t quit:
“so why did you say he was?”
“because he is dead”
At that moment, I have to admit, I did not feel a thing. No pain, no sadness because I did not really care about him. I felt the same way I would have felt if I was watching the ten o’clock and they are announcing the death of some guy I don’t know.
“and now that he is dead young man , you would have to take his place as the messenger of who he worked for”
Re: The burning cold by greedie1(f): 10:06pm On Oct 24, 2012
Mehn.... I'm so enjoying this.

Mynd, you are a gifted writer, kudos
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 10:09pm On Oct 24, 2012
gree-die:
Mehn.... I'm so enjoying this.

Mynd, you are a gifted writer, kudos
Thanks ma'am
Re: The burning cold by Mynd44: 11:39pm On Oct 24, 2012
Continues

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story / Blind Love / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.