Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,297 members, 7,860,728 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:01 PM

Let's Praise Gej - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Praise Gej (19291 Views)

Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This / Maibasira:We Haven't Seen Anything Youth Friendly About Buhari's Govt,Praise GEJ / Reps Praise GEJ And Military For Boko Haram 'victory' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Praise Gej by 3kay945(m): 10:55pm On Jul 15, 2012
if GEJ is not up to something, why was he in Edo yo see the oba?
the dude got no livers to influence anything. simple.
Re: Let's Praise Gej by emiye(m): 10:58pm On Jul 15, 2012
Should a mother praise her child for not stealing meat in the household pot?
Re: Let's Praise Gej by jmaine: 11:01pm On Jul 15, 2012
Should a mother not praise her child for good performance in school, despite expecting such after paying her ward's school fees cool
Re: Let's Praise Gej by femionasan(m): 11:02pm On Jul 15, 2012
Omo the 40 laptop crew have taken over NL. This speaks a whole lot about the the threat NL seems to be to the present dispensation. You cant blame the completely confused GEj supporters for their blind support. They are just GEJ customer care working in shifts, i guess this is part of the job creation project we are expecting. All these ninnyhammers should look for better work.
Re: Let's Praise Gej by 3kay945(m): 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2012
corruption is in our culture and blood, so it becomes a sin if we do not carry it out.,, that why people think Clueless GEJ deserves to be praised.
Re: Let's Praise Gej by ifihearam: 12:21am On Jul 16, 2012
@3kay945
You are a fool and your generation is clueless
You are an example of an ungrateful soul
Una no lyk beta tin @all
Una for edo state for knw beta if na obj time
Re: Let's Praise Gej by RIchibabe(f): 12:27am On Jul 16, 2012
kasiem: It'll be vacuous and ruthless to celebrate this free and fair election in edo state without, atleast, giving thanks to the person who made it happen. No matter what, we are still aware of how it use to be during the time of obj, our votes never was irrelevant and nothing happened, not even d law courts could save us that time, but the emergence of gej has seen that confidence in our electioneering sector rejuvenated. If u praise someone for one good deed, there's every good tendency that he'll do a greater one. Thank u gej.
that is what he is being paid to do , to whom much is given much is expected.

1 Like

Re: Let's Praise Gej by jamace(m): 2:09am On Jul 16, 2012
bayooooooo:

Praise GEJ my foot. Nigerians are protecting their votes period.
The same GEJ ordered Segun Oni to be declared winner of a rerun election he did not win. It was a telephone conversion that was on speaker for all to hear at collation centre.

That's right. No praise for GEJ, at all. Edo people know what they want and they went for it. Chikenan.
Re: Let's Praise Gej by emiye(m): 3:14am On Jul 16, 2012
jmaine: Should a mother not praise her child for good performance in school, despite expecting such after paying her ward's school fees cool

Your analogy does not hold water, that is the child's primary responsibility (doing well in school).

GEJ's has no business whatsoever interfering in Edo's state election process .

The child has no business whatsoever dipping his/her hands in the mothers stew pot picking meat
Re: Let's Praise Gej by ektbear: 3:21am On Jul 16, 2012
jmaine: Should a mother not praise her child for good performance in school, despite expecting such after paying her ward's school fees cool

tuurrrible analogy
Re: Let's Praise Gej by Bukkyade: 3:22am On Jul 16, 2012
jamace:

That's right. No praise for GEJ, at all. Edo people know what they want and they went for it. Chikenan.

what did Edo people know that they went for? If GEJ Sought to manipulate the elections in favour of PDP. it's as easy as ABC.

He deployed over 3000 soldiers to that state. If he had told them to guard PDP to rig, how many of you here would have gone to fight the military?
How many of you noisemakers on this forum would have gone to retrieve election result sheets from Tony Anenih's house, if he was in custody of such, under the protection of military men?
How many of you would have gone to stop a returning officer who decides to answer a call in Abuja, like EKITI REC, did few years ago before announcing the winner of EKITI re run?
If INEC decides to keep you busy in the field with fake election results while the originals are in custody of PDP faithfuls, how would you fight that?
If the 18 returning officers decides not to visit the council secretariats but rather collates results at INEC Offices and fabricates figures for declaration, what will you do? Attack the military? Or burn down INEC OFFICE which doesn't add anything since the results are already declared? Or block roads? Or what?
What most of you noisemakers have failed to realize is that once a result is declared by the competent officer whether fraudulently or ruggedly, it remains valid till overturned by an election tribunal.
A more desperate president like OBJ would do anything to have his party declared as winner and ask the looser to head to court.
Oshiomhole knows this much and that is why he didn't even bother to thank his A.C.N leaders nor those of you making noise for him before rushing to pay gratitude to GEJ publicly.
Re: Let's Praise Gej by ektbear: 3:30am On Jul 16, 2012
Bukkyade: what did Edo people know that they went for? If GEJ Sought to manipulate the elections in favour of PDP. it's as easy as ABC.

He deployed over 3000 soldiers to that state. If he had told them to guard PDP to rig, how many of you here would have gone to fight the military?
How many of you noisemakers on this forum would have gone to retrieve election result sheets from Tony Anenih's house, if he was in custody of such, under the protection of military men?
How many of you would gone to stop a returning officer who decides to answer a call in Abuja, like EKITI REC, did few years ago before announcing the winner of EKITI re run?
If INEC decides to keep you busy in the field with fake election results while the originals are in custody of PDP faithfuls, how would you fight that?
If the 18 returning officers decides not to visit the council secretariats but rather collates results at INEC Offices and fabricates figures for declaration, what will you do? Attack the military? Or burn down INEC OFFICE which doesn't add anything since the results are already declared? Or block roads? Or what?
What most of you noisemakers have failed to realize is that once a result is declared by the competent officer whether fraudulently or ruggedly, it remains valid till overturned by an election tribunal.
A more desperate president like OBJ would do anything to have his party declared as winner and ask the looser to head to court.
Oshiomhole knows this much and that is why he didn't even bother to thank his A.C.N leaders nor those of you making noise for him before rushing to pay gratitude to GEJ publicly.

Good points. We should be grateful that the Nigerian president did not rig the elections.

The people should be grateful to be allowed to freely choose their leaders, rather than for the decision to be made externally.

After all, it is not the ordinary course of affairs in democracies that people choose their leaders. In most democracies, rigging is par for the course.

Well done, GEJ. Thanks for not rigging this time.
Re: Let's Praise Gej by phildon: 6:04am On Jul 16, 2012
Ok na, let's vote Gej in 2015. Just smh
Re: Let's Praise Gej by Nobody: 6:12am On Jul 16, 2012
if you take into consideration the fact that gej is a 'special' president, you wil understand all the support the laptop squad offers.

special children need all the support they can get.

it's not for nothing that gej is called the retardeen

so lets all support him.

understand that if the man is able to appear on tv, show up at work, stumble through a speech, it is all a very big thing for him, and he must be commended

he is a slow child and any criticise will shatter his fragile confidence smiley

viva goodluck johnathan, the 'special' leader

1 Like

Re: Let's Praise Gej by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 16, 2012
ekt_bear:

Good points. We should be grateful that the Nigerian president did not rig the elections.

The people should be grateful to be allowed to freely choose their leaders, rather than for the decision to be made externally.

After all, it is not the ordinary course of affairs in democracies that people choose their leaders. In most democracies, rigging is par for the course.

Well done, GEJ. Thanks for not rigging this time.

considering the crazy run up to the elections - assassination attempts, assassinations,bombastic rhetoric from pdp big wigs, personal visits from GEJ, all this noise about credit is just noise.

gej's 'allowing' the right thing to happen has nothing to do with honour and everything to do with self preservation.

when the only people who still have anything good to say about your administration are paid hacks on the internet. . .
Re: Let's Praise Gej by Gbawe: 6:46am On Jul 16, 2012
Bukkyade: what did Edo people know that they went for? If GEJ Sought to manipulate the elections in favour of PDP. it's as easy as ABC.

How many of you would have gone to stop a returning officer who decides to answer a call in Abuja, like EKITI REC, did few years ago before announcing the winner of EKITI re run?

Study the uniqueness of the GEJ Presidency and , if discerning enough, you will know he is now totally a hostage to the right group/Individual/circumstances and events while, inversely, his bullying and autocratic ways are only deployed against certain groups/individuals/circumstances and events.

The Edo election was one GEJ cannot rig even if he wanted to. Let me tell you this now for free: GEJ is an extremely compromised President who is now limited to exercising power very carefully. That is the uncomfortable truth some will not want to accept when they come out with your kind of talk about "GEJ could have done this if he were OBJ or IBB but chose not to". That is false. We have seen GEJ acting Precisely as OBJ when he could i.e when there was no national backlash possible to threaten his reign. For example, Bamanga Tukur;'s crude imposition as PDP chairman (A Party/inducement issue) and Sylva deposed for 'anointed' Dickson in Bayelsa(GEJ's own State where he is god).

Nigeria is currently very unstable and elections , perhaps more than anything else, can be hijacked as tools of violence and chaos. No one needs to remind GEJ of this. A government standing on one leg , especially a weak leg for that matter, will therefore not be too keen to tempt the resolve of it desperate enemies.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Praise Gej by JimmyBoy1: 7:04am On Jul 16, 2012
I am not GEJ fan, but I will give him some credit for success of Edo election.
Re: Let's Praise Gej by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 16, 2012
Gbawe:
The Edo election was one GEJ cannot rig even if he wanted to.

That's just the summary. Even the so called almighty Obj, a notorious master rigger, could not rig Kano and Lagos despite his obvious disdain for Tinubu having realized the backlash would be difficult to control. With the popularity of Oshiomole, GEJ had no choice than to respect the wishes of the people. His floundering government terribly smeared with scandals here and there could not afford the last straw that would have ultimately destroyed his presidency. It's better to make more friends than enemies.

Even the Oba was not ambiguous in sending a clear message.
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/745012_00a-1_jpg9db310ec111881d42476fd50e933024d[/img]
Re: Let's Praise Gej by Gbawe: 7:27am On Jul 16, 2012
bayooooooo:

That's just the summary. Even the so called almighty Obj, a notorious master rigger, could not rig Kano and Lagos despite his obvious disdain for Tinubu having realized the backlash would be difficult to control. With the popularity of Oshiomole, GEJ had no choice than to respect the wishes of the people. His floundering government terribly smeared with scandals here and there could not afford the last straw that would have ultimately destroyed his presidency. It's better to make more friends than enemies.

Even the Oba was not ambiguous in sending a clear message.
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/745012_00a-1_jpg9db310ec111881d42476fd50e933024d[/img]

Yeah. The message was "take your rigging and PDP candidate elsewhere. Both are not welcomed here".
Re: Let's Praise Gej by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 16, 2012
Gbawe:

Yeah. The message was "take your rigging and PDP candidate elsewhere. Both are not welcomed here".

bayooooooo: Let me start this piece by sharing this story concerning my local government area with you. I was at the headquarters of Orhionmwon local government council, Abudu, recently. My mission was to have a chat with the chairman of the council’s caretaker committee appointed by Comrade Governor Adams Oshiomhole about three years ago over issues bordering on the sorry state of the LGA. I am an indigene of Urhonigbe town, the largest community in the local government area. Even though I knew the acting landlord was in the office, an aide to the LGA boss told me he had travelled to Benin City for a meeting when I visited his office. However, despite efforts made to frustrate my mission, I eventually met with one of the key account staff members of the council who should know the inner working of the council.

Although I introduced myself as a journalist, I told him from the beginning that my discussion with him would be off the record. I requested to know from my source why the impact of the council in the administration of the local government is not being felt in the council — even in the common area of sanitation and community roads — in spite of the millions of naira the council receives monthly as revenue allocation from the federation account. Expectedly, it was tough getting my source to talk. However, hesitantly, the senior account officer later explained the monthly frustration of the council.

Hear him: “In almost four years, Orhionmwon local government council has received over N162 billion from the federation account —with an average monthly allocation of N130 million. But, every month, the state government only gives us a fraction of it to pay salary and we do not know how the rest is shared or deployed. The state government usually tells us that the money will be used on behalf of the council.

As I was able to understand from my source, my local government is not alone in this attitude of the state government under the leadership of the self-styled comrade governor. The criminal looting of the LGs’ funds is the same in all the local government councils monthly. From the Ministry of Finance’s record, Orhionmwon is one of the LGAs that receive the lowest allocation in the state, while Oredo LGA, which is the highest, receives an average of N158 million monthly. Yet, it is shocking to hear that the councils have little or nothing to show for the huge allocation they receive monthly.

Perhaps, that explains why Oshiomhole has refused to allow a democratic government in the councils in the last three years. For him, it appears the councils have become a conduit pipe to loot LGs’ funds for personal use.

Check the Ministry of Finance’s record also: Edo State has received well over N550 billion from the federation account since Oshiomhole came to power; this is outside the LGs’ monthly allocation and the internally generated revenue that runs into billions of naira monthly. Yet, we are told that the state had borrowed billions of naira from commercial banks for a few capital projects being executed in the state.

Like I have earlier stated in this column, what many outsiders are celebrating in Edo State today is massive fraud that has been perpetrated in the state in most of the four years of Oshiomhole’s regime. And these are the real issues that will determine how the good people of the state will vote on Saturday. In spite of several threats and intimidation that I have received from Oshiomhole’s aides, let me restate my position that I am one of many indigenes of Edo State who strongly believe that the comrade governor has failed to live up to the huge expectation of the people, especially taking into consideration the quantum of financial resources that have been made available to him since he assumed power almost four years ago. His so-called achievements are more of the media’s making. The people of Edo State know better. I admit that his media aides have done excellent job of manipulating the public in favour of their master. And, if people outside Edo State were to decide the Saturday governorship election in the state, Oshiomhole would surely score 99.9 per cent of the total votes. Apparently overwhelmed by the dirty propaganda of the governor’s spin doctors, most naive people outside the state wrongly believe that Oshiomhole is unbeatable in the election. They believe he has performed excellently to deserve a second term. But, unfortunately, the reality on ground in the state is far from what these people are saying; and, for sure, this group of people will not vote on Saturday; they will not be there when the good people of Edo State will come out in large numbers to decide who will govern them in the next four years.

But, give it to the propaganda unit of the Oshiomhole Campaign Organisation peopled by information management experts: while they have so far been able to deceive and manipulate most people, especially those outside the state, about the pseudo monumental achievements of Oshiomhole in the last four years, their limitation is that the impact of their activities is not being felt in Edo State, because the people of the state cannot see the so-called achievements which the outsiders are celebrating. If there is a monumental achievement of Oshiomhole’s regime – as some naive people are compelled to believe -- why is the self-styled comrade governor allegedly bribing the electorate in the state today to allow him to repeat his class? I thought his achievements today would have been campaigning for him.

The people of Edo State are very educated, enlightened and very patriotic; they reward excellence when they see it. The fact that Oshiomhole has, in the last few weeks allegedly opened the state’s treasury for his campaign organisation for all kinds of inducement is a pointer to the popular belief among the people of the state that their governor has refused or failed to meet their expectations in the last four years. Today, the people of Edo South are worst hit: they have been dehumanised and impoverished by Oshiomhole’s government, which is why it is very easy for the governor and his aides to bribe some of our people today with peanuts for vote. That is why the governor even thinks that by bringing Aki and Pawpaw, the diminutive Nigerian actors, or 2-Face for them to see at rallies, our people will vote for him.

The facts are there: In the last few days, Oshiomhole has been going about with a chopper in Esanland— at the expense of taxpayers — campaigning. This action, to me, gives credence to the fact that the governor is afraid of his people; it questions his claim that he has rehabilitated all roads in the area and brought succour to the people. And, like somebody asked, if he had done so well for the people, why did he choose to travel in a chopper rather than on the roads he claimed to have rehabilitated?

We should challenge the governor to account between now and Saturday for public funds expended on chartering the chopper; otherwise, they should punish him by denying him their votes during the election on Saturday.

True, the people of Edo State have a rare opportunity to make a point this Saturday and send a clear but decisive message to Oshiomhole: they are not ready to continue with a governor that serves his people more on the pages of newspapers rather than increasing their well-being. It is an opportunity for them to free themselves from the punitive and exploitative tax policy of Oshiomhole and say enough is enough to the criminal pillaging of their common wealth. If we miss it, we shall be doomed.

source:http://leadership.ng/nga/iyobosa_uwugiaren/29478/2012/07/11/there_alternative_oshiomhole.html

and their bs propaganda too
Re: Let's Praise Gej by Demdem(m): 7:48am On Jul 16, 2012
Praise retardeen shocked shocked shocked
U guys gat jokes no doubt. grin grin
Re: Let's Praise Gej by Onasa22: 7:49am On Jul 16, 2012
Kudos to Gej to have played a neutral roll.
Re: Let's Praise Gej by ifihearam: 8:17am On Jul 16, 2012
@demdem
Shut up
Since you were born have u ever held any elective position not even "a primary skul class captain". Oloshi
Re: Let's Praise Gej by dedeike: 8:21am On Jul 16, 2012

Exactly my take. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Let's Praise Gej by dipotech: 8:25am On Jul 16, 2012
GEJ and JEGA deserve commendation. Welldone, i wish the wish of the electorate is enthroned henceforth.

If we have one man one vote, one woman one vote and one youth one vote as someone as earlier said, this country will start to improve for better.

This victory is commendable
Re: Let's Praise Gej by kasiem(m): 8:33am On Jul 16, 2012
Gbawe, i never knew that u were such a berk until this your comment. So, u are presenting sylva to us as a saint who was maltreated? Which election can sylva freely win? In the area of selection and imposition of candidates, in all due honesty, u know what acn can do. Since gej is powerless, why didn't u guys trounce him when he brought soldiers to lagos, instead, u guys resorted to yowling.
Re: Let's Praise Gej by ektbear: 8:45am On Jul 16, 2012
Perhaps in 50 or 100 years time, Nigerians will learn what democracy actually means. And not praise someone for permitting them to enjoy their rights.
Re: Let's Praise Gej by Beaf: 8:47am On Jul 16, 2012
kasiem: Gbawe, i never knew that u were such a berk until this your comment. So, u are presenting sylva to us as a saint who was maltreated? Which election can sylva freely win? In the area of selection and imposition of candidates, in all due honesty, u know what acn can do. Since gej is powerless, why didn't u guys trounce him when he brought soldiers to lagos, instead, u guys resorted to yowling.

Gbawe is a waste. Imagine presenting the cocacaine sniffing Sylva in his usual pack of lies, there is no low thats too low for that imp.

Lets just be happy that we have someone like GEJ who can ensure a level playing field and ignore the unevolved pieces of shiit that cannot appreciate a good thing (like Oshiomole has). What do you expect of NURTW operatives? Do we expect such types to appreciate civility and high taste?
Re: Let's Praise Gej by kasiem(m): 8:56am On Jul 16, 2012
ekt_bear: Perhaps in 50 or 100 years time, Nigerians will learn what democracy actually means. And not praise someone for permitting them to enjoy their rights.
perhaps, by that time also americans will stop thanking their leaders for giving everybody equal right with respect to homosexualism. Point, every country has its unique needs for now
Re: Let's Praise Gej by ektbear: 9:03am On Jul 16, 2012
Who is thanking anyone for giving them equal rights in the US?

If you are caught discriminating against someone because they are gay, then you'll likely get sued and lose a lot of money...

Kindly link to the equivalent thread on whatever the US version of Nairaland is, where people are thanking others for not violating their rights grin
Re: Let's Praise Gej by jmaine: 9:04am On Jul 16, 2012
emiye:

Your analogy does not hold water, that is the child's primary responsibility (doing well in school).

GEJ's has no business whatsoever interfering in Edo's state election process .

The child has no business whatsoever dipping his/her hands in the mothers stew pot picking meat

If it's the child primary responsibility to do well at school . .then why commend and congratulate him/her when they deliver the usual goodies

My analogy stands in consonance with this thread . . .

A previous post of mine on this thread :-

jmaine:

My last response before i retire to bed . . . .

The height of education is coming out tops or performing excellently . . .The height of the election is to make it credible, and allow the voice of the people count in choosing their leader as expected in a Normal democratic setting . . .

Mr hercules, that height was delivered and it wasn't minimal grin . . .So what are you expected to do . . . .Commend the people who ensured it met the [size=14pt]normal requisite standard[/size]

Keywords: Normal,requisite, and height
Re: Let's Praise Gej by BeraBera(f): 9:06am On Jul 16, 2012
bayooooooo:

Praise GEJ my foot. Nigerians are protecting their votes period.
The same GEJ ordered Segun Oni to be declared winner of a rerun election he did not win. It was a telephone conversion that was on speaker for all to hear at collation centre.
And what makes you think it was GEJ that was on the line during d telephone conversation at the collation centre?

Nigerians must learn how to appreciate good things, even if it's little. I've seen the return of free and fair elections in the country during GEJ's administration. Last year's election was one-in-a-million likewise subsequent re-runs at state levels. With the help of Prof Attahiru Jega, I believe more free and fair elections a yet to come in 9ja

I remember before last Saturday's Edo election, people were spreading rumor that PDP had plans of rigging it, but from the looks of things now, we all can see that here were no plans for any rigging, @ least, GEJ won't permit that. Nevertheless, I'm happy for Comrade Oshiomole. I wish u God's guidance and divine wisdom.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Fashola Inspects Failed Portion Of Apap-ijora Bridge In Lagos / President Buhari's Double Standard Syndrome. By Reno Omokiri / Senator Misua Docked, Granted N5m Bail Over N120bn Bribery Allegation Against IG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.