Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won (16053 Views)

CCT Trial: Saraki Using Budget Controversies To Blackmail Buhari - Marafa! / See Why Oshiomole Attacked Ngozi / Why Oshiomole And Mrs Duke Abiola Shouldn't Be Taken Serious (UPDATED) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by jude33084(m): 9:48am On Jul 15, 2012
Captainajama: Wetin concern TB Joshua,see how people de join people head together. U wan make em members fight you?

HE said PDP will Win according to some Nairalanders her last week ◦°˚h

Not me ◦°˚h! cheesy tongue
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 15, 2012
Mandelaguy: Respect the President for once....even in America,would you allow your state go to opposition if you are the president? Dickson was accepted by his people just like Oshiomole,he was not imposed.

as others have noted, in the world of the 40 laptops gej is the supreme being as far as elections are concerned - if only he would not allow the north to go to BH embarassed embarassed
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Silva79(f): 9:49am On Jul 15, 2012
All those fools praising GEJ should fork off!!! People of edo has decided nt GEJ!!! Na so pdp go die natural death come 2015 Insha Allah.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 15, 2012
congrat to my man Oshio baba. i wish dis can happen in Delta state. Thanks to all Edo's 4 d support they gave my man. Am happy.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Okijajuju1(m): 9:55am On Jul 15, 2012
It was never in doubt that ACN would Edo state, not for anything else but pure unrefined sentiments... However, praises must be given to President GEJ for upholding his promise of a free and fair election... Kudos also tho Professor Attahiru JEGA for continuing to stand out as an unbiased Electoral Chairman... Adams Oshiomole needs to apologise for his statements and learn to bridle his tongue..

Edo state has decided, they deserve the governor they chose..

Long live the federal republic of Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Mandelaguy(m): 9:55am On Jul 15, 2012
kiss_angel:

You are so pitiful and pathetic, hence the need to always make jonathan seem relevant in every thing. Pathetic shameless sore loose. its better you keep you mouth shut and stop exhibiting your parasitic and saprophytic ignorant and retarded state.

Are'nt you such a big fool! its like clapping for a mother for breastfeeding and not poisoning her child. pls spare us, thats his bloody job! why didnt he come in person, carry the guns and conduct the election himself so that we can clap for him. stupid cheap fellow like you. Imagine your cheap excuse to make a sore looser feel relevant. By the way, are you also paid for soothing their twarted ego wink grin grin yeye man
The other mothers you knew in the past poisoned their children...typical example is the process that denied Oshiomole the first time before he went to court........so GEJ is to be commended for making sure Edo votes counted,so shut up and stop insulting me.......clueless jerk like you!
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Mandelaguy(m): 9:55am On Jul 15, 2012
Okija_juju: It was never in doubt that ACN would Edo state, not for anything else but pure unrefined sentiments... However, praises must be given to President GEJ for upholding his promise of a free and fair election... Kudos also tho Professor Attahiru JEGA for continuing to stand out as an unbiased Electoral Chairman... Adams Oshiomole needs to apologise for his statements and learn to bridle his tongue..

This is a thinking man.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 15, 2012
in other news, its not raining in Lagos thanks to supreme being gej who allowed the sun to come out

2 Likes

Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by kissangel1: 9:58am On Jul 15, 2012
i believe that 2015 would be very interesting. Nigerians now know their rights and are more politically savvy and informed. Edo state win will be very inspirational for people to come out, vote and guard their votes. my prayer is that God will give us the grace to vote wisely and not based on sentiments or intresting and nice advertising radio jingles,tv adverts or silly slogans. grin grin grin it is well! God bless Nigeria.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 15, 2012
Why cant we commend Gej for once.Yesterday,oshiomole was ranting that the soldiers in edo were ordered to intimidate voters,which were lies.Now,after having a landslide victory,NL's are pointing to the havoc which could have resulted if ACN had lost,instead of giving Gej the credit.Why are our opposition parties this way
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Gbawe: 10:02am On Jul 15, 2012
kiss_angel:

You are so pitiful and pathetic, hence the need to always make jonathan seem relevant in every thing. Pathetic shameless sore loose. its better you keep you mouth shut and stop exhibiting your parasitic and saprophytic ignorant and retarded state.

Are'nt you such a big fool! its like clapping for a mother for breastfeeding and not poisoning her child. pls spare us, thats his bloody job! why didnt him come in person, carry the guns and conduct the election himself so that we can. stupid cheap fellow life you. Imagine your cheap excuse to make a sore looser feel relevant. By the way, are you also paid for soothing their twarted ego wink grin grin yeye man

Thank you !!!! GEJ is a weakling who has never felt he deserves to be President. This is more about him keeping his nefarious conducts to situations he knows is 100% trouble free and not at all about a commitment to democracy !!! He is entirely autocratic and bullying, like the best of them, when sure no dangerous fallouts will result from his harsh actions !!! Is he not the same man who supervised the Ekiti farce, eventually overturned, while VP ? Did we not see him, Akunyili et al bullying the Ekiti REC, Ayoika Adebayo, like 'champions' back then?

Anyone remember the fuel subsidy saga where he ignored the submission of the Reps he had earlier tagged "the voice of the people"?

Do these hideously sycophantic folks know how Bamanga Tukur became PDP Chairman? Situations like that, where there will be no nationally disruptive backlash to worsen the woes of a weak and embattled Presidency, is when GEJ bares his vicious fangs!!!

Same with the farce in Bayelsa that saw Sylva removed for Dickson. Who will riot in protest? Bayelsans ?

GEJ just cannot afford to mess with hugely popular Oshiomhole because he realises, all things factored in, his regime is one unpopular action away from the sort of rebellion seen in Eqypt et al.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 15, 2012
So GEJ should be praised for this election? Ok who do we blame for d scam in Bayelsa election?
You GEJ cretins, the fact is simple: Adams & edo ppl decided to decide their fate by not allowing PDP to rig.
Imagine these PDP simpletons praising their clueless leaders

1 Like

Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Vigilante: 10:02am On Jul 15, 2012
Mandelaguy: Respect the President for once....even in America,would you allow your state go to opposition if you are the president? Dickson was accepted by his people just like Oshiomole,he was not imposed.

Look at you. You think they play politics of my state in America.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 15, 2012
Our president is a gudman but those walking with him want to rubish him.@blink when he brought army during subsidy protest everyone including me that was ranting ran away. if he had manipulated the result nothing would have happen including osho that said he want to go mobilize, smoke of gas wil be coming out of his ass.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Reference(m): 10:04am On Jul 15, 2012
Mandelaguy: After tragedies,controversies,accusations and counter accusations,Edo state has decided. Adams won because the president gave him protection to allow transperancy......how do you view the whole process? Eye witness account will be appreciated.

I was not there and do agree with you that it was a success and that indeed democracy has grown and improved under the dispensation of President GEJ but of more importance is the fact that Nigerians as a whole are opportuned and are embracing change.

This I think is more important. As I reserve my blame for collective failings so I reserve my praise for collective successes. This is because much as we find it difficult to understand, GEJ is not the custodian of democracy in Nigeria as Obama isn't in the US. Democracy is and should be warehoused, institutionalised, protected from individuals at all times by every stakeholder. So though he has an important part to play, he alone could not have done it without everyone else.

I mean Oxford and Cambridge are great institutions of learning but what makes it so. No one.... but everyone who has been associated with it at all levels over the generations.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by ypzilanti: 10:05am On Jul 15, 2012
Mandelaguy: After tragedies,controversies,accusations and counter accusations,Edo state has decided. Adams won because the president gave him protection to allow transperancy......how do you view the whole process? Eye witness account will be appreciated.

Compared to Obasanjo GEJ is a saint in the matter of presidential inteference in elections. This was one of the shameful legacies of OBJ in connivance with Maurice IWU.

That said, I will always qualify my assesments of GEJ where clarification is needed.

The appointment of JEGA was done at the time to placate the civil society and under pressure from external governments to support GEJ's presidential ambition. GEJ benefitted in terms of goodwill from Nigerians due to this appointment and many people who sat on the fence moved over to the GEJ camp after the governorship elections were widely accepted as free and fair in Nigeria. It made good of the 'Fresh Air' mantra in the eyes of independents, and they expected more to come from GEJ after election.

Once Jega had been appointed, GEJ had relinquished the ability to manipulate elections in Nigeria with impunity as it would require the active connivance of the chairman of INEC. Kudos for this appointment. However, the institution of INEC needs to be structured appropriately and given independence from executive in terms of funding and appointments. We have to remember that we will not always have JEGA in charge. In this regards, GEJ scores a huge zero, as no moves are being made in this regard.

Another thing is that GEJ should have avoided all the embarrassment of backing a losing horse. Did he not have feelers in Edo showing that Oshiomole was too popular as a performing governor in that state? A similar thing happened in the governorship election of Wisconscin in USA and Obama carefully avoided campaigning for the Democratic governor candidate of that state so as not to be associated with failure. All he did was send money and operatives.

That is my two cents.

1 Like

Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by AroOkigbo(m): 10:06am On Jul 15, 2012
Okija_juju: It was never in doubt that ACN would Edo state, not for anything else but pure unrefined sentiments... However, praises must be given to President GEJ for upholding his promise of a free and fair election... Kudos also tho Professor Attahiru JEGA for continuing to stand out as an unbiased Electoral Chairman... Adams Oshiomole needs to apologise for his statements and learn to bridle his tongue..

But sometimes if an old man no do face like say he de chop winch, small pickin no go fear.
Oshio knew exactly what he was doing.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by whoawa(m): 10:06am On Jul 15, 2012
dapachez: if only you knew who the oba of benin is you wont have posted this but since you dont just let sleeping dogs lie:
i knew who oba of benin is, he is a bag of sand,, created with dust. In general He is no body and i wish u will understand that.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by kissangel1: 10:07am On Jul 15, 2012
Mandelaguy: The other mothers you knew in the past poisoned their children...typical example is the process that denied Oshiomole the first time before he went to court........so GEJ is to be commended for making sure Edo votes counted,so shut up and stop insulting me.......clueless jerk like you!

kia, see how this yeye man is exhibiting his stupidity oooo, i feel so sorry for you. anyway, hunger can make a man call a rat an elephant. just lick your wounds in silence, and stop boring us with ur GEJ pesudo-glorifications cos it aint working at all! stupid shameless buffon like you. and for you information, even if your 40 lapton team employs the use of abrakadabra on NL, oh boy, E no go work oooo. yeye patheic jobless hungry fellow, u no go go find better work do

1 Like

Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by ochukoccna: 10:08am On Jul 15, 2012
I see the 40 man laptop squad is already at work to earn their salaries embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
It is only in Nigeria that you have to 'congratulate' the president for letting the will of the people stand through elections
Even countries Nigerians look down upon e.g. Ghana, Benin conduct more credible elections
Anyone with the sense of a goose knew before the elections that the heart of the Edo people tilted towards Oshiomole [regarding his imperfections]
I supported Jimi Agbaje over Fashola when the 2007 elections held but knew Fashola won when I saw the reaction of people waving brooms on the streets all over Lagos
Can you compare that to the rage that erupted in most parts of the SW and even Edo when the election results then was announced? embarassed embarassed
The outcry of Oshiomole was based on past PDP antecedents: using soldiers to rig, fake INEC registers etc
Oshiomole has won but the questions he raised regarding INEC yesterday still beg for answers
Anyway, congratulations to the people of Benin
You've gotten what you voted for
Don't complain to any one as you live with the consequences of your choice for the next 4 years
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 15, 2012
Jenams: Let †ЂΞ people lead. Oshio qauke get ready for presidency.
. Sycophancy don start, just because comrade win re-election, some people want make he test im popularity for federal turf. U don forget wetin happen to Abiola so soon? Abi u no dey pity GEJ for wetin he dey go through? Edo fit be the big heart but na muscle them dey use take rule 9ja o!
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by ziccoit: 10:10am On Jul 15, 2012
Mandelaguy: In a clear democratic set up void of selfish interest, Nigeria has demonstrated the ability to conduct free and fair election,void of manipulation and presidential interference as seen by the result of the governorship polls in Edo that was released this morning. President GE. Jonathan has once again delivered on his promise of free,fair and credible election just like the one that brought him into office? The president could have manipulated the result for his party to reclaim the state they lost in the last polls,but rather chose the path of allowing Edolites choose their governor. Adams Oshiomole won this election not because he performed,but because he had presidential protection(there was no interference by GEJ amidst tight security in Edo state).

Free and fair election is an exclusive right of d masses which could only be turned into reality by the same masses. GEJ need to fair us too that is why he would not like to tamper with Edo election. Government is all about the masses. Not GEJ.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by ziccoit: 10:11am On Jul 15, 2012
ochukoccna: I see the 40 man laptop squad is already at work to earn their salaries embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
It is only in Nigeria that you have to 'congratulate' the president for letting the will of the people stand through elections
Even countries Nigerians look down upon e.g. Ghana, Benin conduct more credible elections
Anyone with the sense of a goose knew before the elections that the heart of the Edo people tilted towards Oshiomole [regarding his imperfections]
I supported Jimi Agbaje over Fashola when the 2007 elections held but knew Fashola won when I saw the reaction of people waving brooms on the streets all over Lagos
Can you compare that to the rage that erupted in most parts of the SW and even Edo when the election results then was announced? embarassed embarassed
The outcry of Oshiomole was based on past PDP antecedents: using soldiers to rig, fake INEC registers etc
Oshiomole has won but the questions he raised regarding INEC yesterday still beg for answers
Don't complain to any one as you live with the consequences of your choice for the next 4 years

Exactly my anger. May God bless you and your family. Thank you sir.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Reference(m): 10:15am On Jul 15, 2012
kiss_angel: i believe that 2015 would be very interesting. Nigerians now know their rights and are more politically savvy and informed. Edo state win will be very inspirational for people to come out, vote and guard their votes. my prayer is that God will give us the grace to vote wisely and not based on sentiments or intresting and nice advertising radio jingles,tv adverts or silly slogans. grin grin grin it is well! God bless Nigeria.

A real and unbiased democrat won't talk like this. In true democracy even the best man doesn't necessarily win. What wins is the perspective of the vast majority of people. If not you risk attributing the failure of Nigeria to certain individuals rather than collectively. Afterall the same Edo people voted Lucky for two terms. NFFDB.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by kissangel1: 10:16am On Jul 15, 2012
ziccoit:

Free and fair election is an exclusive right of d masses which could only be turned into reality by the same masses. GEJ need to fair us too that is why he would not like to tamper with Edo election. Government is all about the masses. Not GEJ.

Thank you so much. as simple as ABC

oga mandelaguy, i hope u are reading o grin grin grin u wanna brainwash us, heheheh
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by ypzilanti: 10:17am On Jul 15, 2012
...and the Edolities went forth in their multitudes and casted their votes. And due to the bravery of the people, the PDP overlords were chased forth from the land.

And the the heavens looked down upon the people and a voice beamed forth and said:

'Go thee and do likewise in the rest of Nigeria'.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by kissangel1: 10:20am On Jul 15, 2012
Reference:

A real and unbiased democrat won't talk like this. In true democracy even the best man doesn't necessarily win. What wins is the perspective of the vast majority of people. If not you risk attributing the failure of Nigeria to certain individuals rather than collectively. Afterall the same Edo people voted Lucky for two terms. NFFDB.

you've got me all wrong. all im hoping for is that God gives Nigerians the grace to vote the right people into governance in 2015. not bades on sentimental popularity, but their capacity to deliver! {so thatsw wont keep voting in those that are out to finish whats left of us}
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by ochukoccna: 10:23am On Jul 15, 2012
Gbawe:
grin grin grin grin grin grin Dayo, you be wicked man sha . This picture is even more comical in retrospect given that Oshiomhole has now won by a landslide. The failing President, ignoring very serious challenges, junketing around Nigeria acting as a common campaign manager when it was always 'mission impossible' for the PDP. What a damning indictment of desperation and cluelessness grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Chei! grin grin grin grin
This picture and the election result say it all
Ebele and PDP have no value to Edo people

Another thing is that GEJ should have avoided all the embarrassment of backing a losing horse. Did he not have feelers in Edo showing that Oshiomole was too popular as a performing governor in that state? A similar thing happened in the governorship election of Wisconscin in USA and Obama carefully avoided campaigning for the Democratic governor candidate of that state so as not to be associated with failure. All he did was send money and operatives.
@ypzilanti, you have said it all

Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 15, 2012
kiss_angel:

Are'nt you such a big fool! its like clapping for a mother for breastfeeding and not poisoning her child. pls spare us, thats his bloody job! why didnt he come in person, carry the guns and conduct the election himself so that we can clap for him. stupid cheap fellow like you. Imagine your cheap excuse to make a sore looser feel relevant. By the way, are you also paid for soothing their twarted ego wink grin grin yeye man

I see. . . But if ACN had lost, you'll be the first to pour invectives on GEJ even if he had nothing to do with it abi?
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by ypzilanti: 10:29am On Jul 15, 2012
Two visits to campaign and align with PDP in Edo state. Zero visits to Yobe or Borno states to align with the people against Boko Haram.

Those who ask if he will physically stop boko haram in those states should also ask if he could physically motivate votes for PDP in Edo state.

Priorities. Priorities. Priorities.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 15, 2012
ochukoccna: I see the 40 man laptop squad is already at work to earn their salaries embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

I can't stop laughing at the bolded, seems this is the new mantra on NL.

40 man laptop. Odikwa serious grin grin grin grin grin.

Congratulations to Edo folks for staying true to the cause.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Gbawe: 10:31am On Jul 15, 2012
kiss_angel:

kia, see how this yeye man is exhibiting his stupidity oooo, i feel so sorry for you. anyway, hunger can make a man call a rat an elephant. just lick your wounds in silence, and stop boring us with ur GEJ pesudo-glorifications cos it aint working at all! stupid shameless buffon like you. and for you information, even if your 40 lapton team employs the use of abrakadabra on NL, oh boy, E no go work oooo. yeye patheic jobless hungry fellow, u no go go find better work do

The question one must ask of Mandelaguy and other nauseating sycophants is "why can GEJ never be consistent if genuinely committed to democracy totally?"

Why say the REPs are "the voice of the people" one minute and then totally disregard the opinion of the REPs, and thus the Nigerian people, when they insisted he revert the price of fuel to N65 Naira?

Did we not see GEJ enjoying the role of electoral enforcer when PDP stole the Ekiti farce that denied Fayemi his mandate?

How about the miraculous alacrity with which Teslim Folarin was sprung from a murder charge to be whisked , courtesy of the Presidency, to Abuja to deliver the delegate votes required to defeat Atiku? Anyone remember that kind of callous desperation?

What is responsible for the Bamanga Tukur farcical imposition as PDP Chairman?

What did the entire world witness regarding Bayelsa lately if not a President taking Nigeria backwards with the sort of crude imposition we all thought was behind us with the OBJ impeachment of Peter Obi to impose his "son" Andy Uba on Anambra?

Look, I don't mind GEJ doing 'his thing' because, after all, this is Nigeria we are still talking about. What I cannot stand is the hypocrisy of the sycophants who now want to hold him up as a champion of democracy when we have many examples that confirm otherwise flatly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NLC, CSOs Organise Debate For Jonathan, Buhari, Others / Osinbajo To Lead FG Fact-finding Team To Tompolo’s Home Base, Other N’delta Area / Arrest & Prosecute Arewa Youths Inciting Violence Against Igbos – HURIWA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.