Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won (16055 Views)

CCT Trial: Saraki Using Budget Controversies To Blackmail Buhari - Marafa! / See Why Oshiomole Attacked Ngozi / Why Oshiomole And Mrs Duke Abiola Shouldn't Be Taken Serious (UPDATED) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Ozonna(m): 1:12pm On Jul 15, 2012
I think that Nigeria is developing democratically. Imagine if Nzeogwu had not struck,9ja wouldve been far more developed thhan we are now. Imagine if Buhari had allowed Shagari to continue, we wold've been better off than we are now.

So consciously/unconsciously, we're developing democratically as a nation and with time we'll learn to vote for capable leaders based on what we believe they can offer rathher than based on tribe and religion.

Truth be told, If men like Atiku,Obj or even Tinubu were President, do you think they'll allow the pple votes to count? So let's hail Pres. GEJ for doing his best in ensuring that Edo was secure for pple to vote for thheir prefered Candidates.

Congrats to Oshiomole
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Mandelaguy(m): 2:01pm On Jul 15, 2012
Ozonna: I think that Nigeria is developing democratically. Imagine if Nzeogwu had not struck,9ja wouldve been far more developed thhan we are now. Imagine if Buhari had allowed Shagari to continue, we wold've been better off than we are now.

So consciously/unconsciously, we're developing democratically as a nation and with time we'll learn to vote for capable leaders based on what we believe they can offer rathher than based on tribe and religion.

Truth be told, If men like Atiku,Obj or even Tinubu were President, do you think they'll allow the pple votes to count? So let's hail Pres. GEJ for doing his best in ensuring that Edo was secure for pple to vote for thheir prefered Candidates.

Congrats to Oshiomole
Seeing reasonable people like you type makes me happy. I know that MANDELAGUY has become some people's nemesis on NL,but I am capable and equal to the task,firepower for firepower. If they want to deceive themselves,let them continue....GEJ promised Nigerians free and fair election,and he is delivering on that...if he had wanted to be like OBJ,tha would have been very easy and all this foul mouthed people wouldn't have done anything....the JEGA they are commending was appointed and given free reins by GEJ because he wants people's voice to be heard and for our democracy to evolve consistently and peacefully......attacking me will not help any of you,and let me make it clear tha if the process had been subverted,una for no fit do anything, grin grin grin grin, so keep quiet and thank your president for making your worst fears not become reality.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Mandelaguy(m): 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2012
A statement from the Presidency on the Comrade’s victory reads:

“President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan congratulates Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State on his re-election yesterday for another term in office.

“President Jonathan also commends the Independent National Electoral Commission, its personnel and the nation’s security services for ensuring that the elections were free and fair in keeping with his administration’s commitment to continually strengthening democracy in Nigeria through the establishment of a more credible electoral system.

“The President urges Governor Oshiomhole to receive the fresh mandate given to him yesterday by the people of Edo State as an endorsement of his outstanding performance in his first term and an expression of their desire for a continuation of his focused, purposeful and dynamic leadership.

“He expects that the Governor will work even harder in his second term to justify the confidence in his leadership clearly expressed by the Edo State electorate yesterday and assures him that the Federal Government will continue to give all possible support and assistance for development in the state.

“President Jonathan wishes the Comrade-Governor continued good health and a successful second term in the service of Edo State and Nigeria.”
By Johnson J' Delight.

And they won't thank the man? Maybe you people would have preferred OBJ style and rant away when he executes the action in the script. His man(GEJ) sincerely wants to make a difference,swallow your shame and be grateful he is a gentleman.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Captainajama: 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2012
Nigeria is evolving gradually,and in the evolution of any country,it must be piloted by a purposeful,directional and change driven leader who believes in change,growth and stability. Hate has so clouded our senses,so much so tha people will not commend whatever they see as good. The present leader has taken us in a direction tha will only propel the country to greatness. I am not only talking about the election that jus held in Edo,I am also talking about the overall reform and growth pattern that will enhance our economy and reposition our country. Where he haters lie it or not.......let them just keep ranting(I do not expect anything less) GEJ must keep improving on already established landmark achievements.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by GreenJ(m): 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2012
@ Mandelaguy 4sure talk is cheap, but you need to wake up bcs eyes are
opening every day by day, i can see u so much believe that GEJ could
just rig Edo election and deploy soldiers to chaos people, probably
you never had the gist that Nigerian soldiers wanted to go on rampage
in Sudan because they were not air lifted back to the country after
their tenor of duty, to my surprise they were complaining of bad govt
that has allowed corruption into every system in Nigeria believe me
if the Army which is the strength of the nation could be complaining
then it is getting close to the beam.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by bakila: 2:41pm On Jul 15, 2012
People and Power is a very interesting programme whether on Al jazeera or primary Schools in Edo State. Events keep pointing some areas as no go Areas. An empty chair at a Palace and sheer number of the elderly will tell Soldiers on ground to pose with their waepons and do minimal intimidation. Least you add another troubled state on the list.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by koruji(m): 2:42pm On Jul 15, 2012
Not demonstrated jack. The only reason this went well is because the candidate was popular, and his party had a great machinery in place to counter the many well-known rigging plans by PDP.

Even on the day before the vote Oshiomole presented the fake voter's card that PDP were planning to use to rig the election, and there were reports of stuffed ballot boxes for the PDP.

The FG had no choice than to ensure the people's mandate was not thwarted since they already have too many fiascos than they know how to handle in their pocket. If ACN had being more relaxed the PDP was ready to steal the vote.

Presidential protection my foot - is that how a real democracy should be run.

Mandelaguy: In a clear democratic set up void of selfish interest, Nigeria has demonstrated the ability to conduct free and fair election,void of manipulation and presidential interference as seen by the result of the governorship polls in Edo that was released this morning. President GE. Jonathan has once again delivered on his promise of free,fair and credible election just like the one that brought him into office? The president could have manipulated the result for his party to reclaim the state they lost in the last polls,but rather chose the path of allowing Edolites choose their governor. Adams Oshiomole won this election not because he performed,but because he had presidential protection(there was no interference by GEJ amidst tight security in Edo state).
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Mandelaguy(m): 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2012
GreenJ: @ Mandelaguy 4sure talk is cheap, but you need to wake up bcs eyes are
opening every day by day, i can see u so much believe that GEJ could
just rig Edo election and deploy soldiers to chaos people, probably
it never had the gist that Nigerian soldiers wanted to go on rampage
in Sudan because they were not air lifted back to the country after
their tenor of duty, to my surprise they were complaining of bad govt
that has allowed corruption into every system in Nigeria believe me
if the Army which is the strength of the nation could be complaining
then it is getting close to the beam.
Read my posts,I was only commending GEJ for not behaving like OBJ,I don't know what you people understood.
2. The Army officers in Sudan only complained about the delay in airlifting them bac to Naija,not that their welfare was not properly taken care of. Always get facts straight before joining issues. Dana crash was one of the reasons.please,no body wanted to rig Edo,Oshiomole was just scared and shouted wolf for no just cause.........
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by changeagent(m): 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2012
Don't address an elderly person like dis again not to talk of a Whole king.may the Lord forgive you ​♍Ɣ brother
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by remmer56(m): 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2012
Shu, brother, d poster below jat expressed hinmsef Fø̲я̅ some warm laugh! If oba mess up children go flog A̶̲̥̅m. We happy he surpported the right thing... An erring leader deserves no respect nor loyalty. He's A̶̲̥̅ true trad ruler & nothing more abi na God em b nau

dapachez: if only you knew who the oba of benin is you wont have posted this but since you dont just let sleeping dogs lie:
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by changeagent(m): 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2012
Ozonna: I think that Nigeria is developing democratically. Imagine if Nzeogwu had not struck,9ja wouldve been far more developed thhan we are now. Imagine if Buhari had allowed Shagari to continue, we wold've been better off than we are now.

Congrats to Oshiomole
sign of development indeed.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Dpeacemaker101: 3:22pm On Jul 15, 2012
People should now have a rethink in this government, because GEJ declared a free and fair election and it has come to pass. What more can we expect?
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by faithin9ja: 3:31pm On Jul 15, 2012
koruji: Not demonstrated jack. T[b]he only reason this went well is because the candidate was popular, and his party had a great machinery in place to counter the many well-known rigging plans by PDP.
[/b]
Even on the day before the vote Oshiomole presented the fake voter's card that PDP were planning to use to rig the election, and there were reports of stuffed ballot boxes for the PDP.

The FG had no choice than to ensure the people's mandate was not thwarted since they already have too many fiascos than they know how to handle in their pocket. If ACN had being more relaxed the PDP was ready to steal the vote.

Presidential protection my foot - is that how a real democracy should be run.

isn't that what democracy, popular candidates winning. In previously rigged elections did popular candidates win? I always give Lagos as an example; popular state governor won re-election, but the GEJ won a landslide in Lagos why? rigging? or did popular candidates win?

democracy does not come easy, most developed democracies around the world are sometimes 100's of years old with their democratic process, we have yet to have 20 years of unbroken democracy
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by deandavid(m): 3:55pm On Jul 15, 2012
Mandelaguy: Imagine who is talking,if he decided to rig it,what would you have done? If he directs the army to quell the situation and control an form of violence,I bet wide mouthed people like you will hide under your bed till the whole brouhaha dies down..now you don de talk like say you get liver.
beaf if gej try am, he 4 knw wasup, u jst dy make mouth, its nw a pride to manipulate election? D truth is if pdp win d election head 4 roll, nt just in edo state, the whole nigeria indeed i tel u. Times have change bro, just watchout 2015, if gej dnt deliver b4 dn,pdp is losing, nd if he rigs, WAR. MARK MY WORDS. Beaf i swear, i go kill u wit my hand.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Mandelaguy(m): 3:58pm On Jul 15, 2012
It is a plus to this administration that they did not submerge into the usual brouhaha that surrounds election in this country....all that made it possible should be commended and all Nigerians should now build on that. Whether the anti GEJ camp likes it or not,there will always be something on GEJ for them to bicker about.[size=8pt][/size]
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Mandelaguy(m): 3:59pm On Jul 15, 2012
deandavid: beaf if gej try am, he 4 knw wasup, u jst dy make mouth, its nw a pride to manipulate election? D truth is if pdp win d election head 4 roll, nt just in edo state, the whole nigeria indeed i tel u. Times have change bro, just watchout 2015, if gej dnt deliver b4 dn,pdp is losing, nd if he rigs, WAR. MARK MY WORDS. Beaf i swear, i go kill u wit my hand.
Beqf,wherever you are,abeg respond to this Mu.mu that cannot read MANDELAGUY......hate has made everything appear like beaf to most.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by deandavid(m): 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2012
Mandelaguy: Read my posts,I was only commending GEJ for not behaving like OBJ,I don't know what you people understood.
2. The Army officers in Sudan only complained about the delay in airlifting them bac to Naija,not that their welfare was not properly taken care of. Always get facts straight before joining issues. Dana crash was one of the reasons.please,no body wanted to rig Edo,Oshiomole was just scared and shouted wolf for no just cause.........
wat abt d fake ballot papers, beaf, may devil punish u, u tink u r wise, dnt cme here praisin gej 4 notin, he could do natin, unless he want hell to lose. People r tired 4 gej,even in d ss, cme warri nd ask, u go knw hw far, 4 ur information wat goes arround, cmes arround, beaf flee 4rm evil, let gej's work speak 4 him,dnt tink nigerians r fools. We knw ur mission on nl.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Mandelaguy(m): 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2012
deandavid: wat abt d fake ballot papers, beaf, may devil punish u, u tink u r wise, dnt cme here praisin gej 4 notin, he could do natin, unless he want hell to lose. People r tired 4 gej,even in d ss, cme warri nd ask, u go knw hw far, 4 ur information wat goes arround, cmes arround, beaf flee 4rm evil, let gej's work speak 4 him,dnt tink nigerians r fools. We knw ur mission on nl.
Mumu,does my name have the same spelling with beaf? Did you get and certify the so called fake ballot papers or are you falling into the same old loser haters pattern?
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by deandavid(m): 4:11pm On Jul 15, 2012
Mandelaguy: Beqf,wherever you are,abeg respond to this Mu.mu that cannot read MANDELAGUY......hate has made everything appear like beaf to most.
shut up there, u r beaf. I swear u knw everybody dislike u, u have never been truthful to the realities of Nigeria. People hate pdp lead government,get dat into 4 fhucking brain. I wise pass u.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by deandavid(m): 4:15pm On Jul 15, 2012
Mandelaguy: Mumu,does my name have the same spelling with beaf? Did you get and certify the so called fake ballot papers or are you falling into the same old loser haters pattern?
ur fada na mumu, ur oga gej na duns, ur mama na mufu. I no nid argue wit u. If ur oga no do well, he go c himself 4 icc. Buncha money miss road pipo.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Orikinla(m): 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2012
Mandelaguy: In a clear democratic set up void of selfish interest, Nigeria has demonstrated the ability to conduct free and fair election,void of manipulation and presidential interference as seen by the result of the governorship polls in Edo that was released this morning. President GE. Jonathan has once again delivered on his promise of free,fair and credible election just like the one that brought him into office? The president could have manipulated the result for his party to reclaim the state they lost in the last polls,but rather chose the path of allowing Edolites choose their governor. Adams Oshiomole won this election not because he performed,but because he had presidential protection(there was no interference by GEJ amidst tight security in Edo state).

[size=28pt]Which presidential protection?
The Oba of Benin warned President Goodluck Jonathan not to dare the wrath of his kingdom and it was enough warning to stop the PDP from rigging.[/size]
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2012
dayokanu: Edo voters have shown Retardeen Jonathan that he should carry his endorsement and shove it where the sun dont shine

Up ACN UP Oshiomole

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/745012_00a-1_jpg9db310ec111881d42476fd50e933024d[/img]

Chaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Mandelaguy(m): 4:56pm On Jul 15, 2012
deandavid: ur fada na mumu, ur oga gej na duns, ur mama na mufu. I no nid argue wit u. If ur oga no do well, he go c himself 4 icc. Buncha money miss road pipo.
Till you learn how to address people directly and stop mistaking id's,you will remain NL Mu.mu. Now ACN is commending GEJ for non interference with the electoral process in Edo,who said I wasn't right from the onset?
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by nduchucks: 5:31pm On Jul 15, 2012
koruji: Not demonstrated jack. The only reason this went well is because the candidate was popular, and his party had a great machinery in place to counter the many well-known rigging plans by PDP.

In addition to the above, rigging was thwarted by the deployment of 3500 troops to the state and the fact that Nigerian police recalled Olayinka Balogun, the Edo State Police Commissioner, to the police headquarters.

If these are what it takes to prevent rigging in our elections, I wonder how many armed soldiers we shall need for the 2015 elections.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Pupita(f): 6:21pm On Jul 15, 2012
Lousy critics,why una no go go church? I expect only Moslems and Adventists to be here on Sunday morning,you people have lost all sense of proportion. Ehen,on Oshiomole,he won yes,but if the GEJ led govt had set the wheels of rigging in motion,we would have been singing a diffferent song now,don't dispute me,unless you were not here in past administrations. For sure,Edo people must be commended,including the president (GEJ),Oshiomole,JEGA and all who made a difference today.....hate it or love it,that is ur headache.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by chibsco: 7:38pm On Jul 15, 2012
blink182: You no get single respect o. I am really so for your like that will be in Benin and voice any rubbish about the Oba.
the OBA u re defending those he ve respect u preach abt him?
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by dayokanu(m): 7:51pm On Jul 15, 2012
Mandelaguy: Respect the President for once....even in America,would you allow your state go to opposition if you are the president? Dickson was accepted by his people just like Oshiomole,he was not imposed.

[size=28pt]SEE THIS USELESS SUBHUMAN ILLITERATE.

WHEN BILL CLINTON A DEMOCRAT WAS PRESIDENT OF THE USA, MIKE HUCKABEE A REPUBLICAN WAS GOVERNOR OF ARKANSAS

slowpoke[/size]
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2012
^ The number of inane analogies that I've read on this subject continue to satirize the GEJ administration, only today we have read that he's a genturuman and similar to Jesus. In fact, the man is Hulk Hogan, Superman and Batman all rolled into. WTF am i talking about? He's Zeus and he's carrying the entire world on his shoulders.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Mandelaguy(m): 10:33pm On Jul 15, 2012
naijababe: ^ The number of inane analogies that I've read on this subject continue to satirize the GEJ administration, only today we have read that he's a genturuman and similar to Jesus. In fact, the man is Hulk Hogan, Superman and Batman all rolled into. WTF am i talking about? He's Zeus and he's carrying the entire world on his shoulders.
What is the meaning of your disjointed rant?
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by koruji(m): 11:03pm On Jul 15, 2012
Yes, the popular candidate won, but the post I replied to was trying to suggest that he won because GEJ protected him.

And I say not so. The popular candidates party had a machinery in place to warn off the PDP rigging machine, including putting the presidency on notice.

Hence, GEJ had no choice than to protect the votes against his own party's machinations.

In a real democracy you won't need the presidency to deploy soldiers or even massive police presence to ensure free and fair elections.

PDP was prepared to rig the vote, but ACN was massively vigilant and got the people on their side completely.

faithin9ja:

isn't that what democracy, popular candidates winning. In previously rigged elections did popular candidates win? I always give Lagos as an example; popular state governor won re-election, but the GEJ won a landslide in Lagos why? rigging? or did popular candidates win?

democracy does not come easy, most developed democracies around the world are sometimes 100's of years old with their democratic process, we have yet to have 20 years of unbroken democracy
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by koruji(m): 11:05pm On Jul 15, 2012
GEJ could not for his own sake allow Edo elections to be rigged. He needs less enemies, not more.

The tune we'll be singing in Benin if PDP had carried out their machinations would certainly be different, but not what you imaging.

And, in what sane country is a president supposed to get credit for not allowing his own party to rig an election?

Pupita: Lousy critics,why una no go go church? I expect only Moslems and Adventists to be here on Sunday morning,you people have lost all sense of proportion. Ehen,on Oshiomole,he won yes,but if the GEJ led govt had set the wheels of rigging in motion,we would have been singing a diffferent song now,don't dispute me,unless you were not here in past administrations. For sure,Edo people must be commended,including the president (GEJ),Oshiomole,JEGA and all who made a difference today.....hate it or love it,that is ur headache.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by dayokanu(m): 2:02am On Jul 16, 2012
Mandelaguy: What is the meaning of your disjointed rant?

You still have the nerve to show face after your goof was exposed again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Writes Reps For Passage Of 2016 Budgets Of 38 Government Agencies / Buhari Trusts Women More Than Men - Garba Shehu / Buhari, Tinubu, Fashola Lead Kaduna Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.