Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won (16052 Views)

CCT Trial: Saraki Using Budget Controversies To Blackmail Buhari - Marafa! / See Why Oshiomole Attacked Ngozi / Why Oshiomole And Mrs Duke Abiola Shouldn't Be Taken Serious (UPDATED) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by afrikanns: 10:32am On Jul 15, 2012
Mandelaguy: You will always open your mouth against GEJ do you think that if he had wanted to make PDP the winner he wouldn't? If he had done it,you will not do anything,all you can do is just blab and rant with no action. Just commend the man for allowing the process to go as it did.
GEJ WUD AV MADE PDP Won d election & u wudnt av ever liked 2 witnes d aftamath.

1 Like

Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by BENZINA(m): 10:35am On Jul 15, 2012
I hate to comment on local politics,however,GEJ is the most important candidate of PDP.What this means is that, he follows the "PARTY" to wherever it goes for campaign or otherwise.OSHIOMOLE(A.C.N) victory in Edo state had shown to us that the President is not involve in partisan politics.Congrats OSHIOMOLE!!!!!LONG LIVE BENDEL,LONG LIVE GOODLUCKnigeria.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by abdulizom(m): 10:37am On Jul 15, 2012
ONLY A FOOL WILL SAY, GEJ & PDP NEVER WANTED TO RIG.
RIGGING CANT WORK IN PLACES LIKE, EDO & OSUN FOR NOW, NOT POSSIBLE FOR PDP.
IN THE FIRST INSTANCE, IS IT GEJ THAT RULE? HE DOES NOT HAVE ANY IDEA imo, ANYTHING GOES IF U'RE CLOSE TO GEJ.
Talking from experience, since 2005 from Bayelsa. Expect u lack little power to convince
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by sharubutu(m): 10:37am On Jul 15, 2012
larhall: ACN=477,478 PDP=144,225
Which people vote 4 pdp sef? Are they really from Edo state? abi dem dey craze?
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Reference(m): 10:38am On Jul 15, 2012
ypzilanti:

Compared to Obasanjo GEJ is a saint in the matter of presidential inteference in elections. This was one of the shameful legacies of OBJ in connivance with Maurice IWU.

That said, I will always qualify my assesments of GEJ where clarification is needed.

The appointment of JEGA was done at the time to placate the civil society and under pressure from external governments to support GEJ's presidential ambition. GEJ benefitted in terms of goodwill from Nigerians due to this appointment and many people who sat on the fence moved over to the GEJ camp after the governorship elections were widely accepted as free and fair in Nigeria. It made good of the 'Fresh Air' mantra in the eyes of independents, and they expected more to come from GEJ after election.

Once Jega had been appointed, GEJ had relinquished the ability to manipulate elections in Nigeria with impunity as it would require the active connivance of the chairman of INEC. Kudos for this appointment. However, the institution of INEC needs to be structured appropriately and given independence from executive in terms of funding and appointments. We have to remember that we will not always have JEGA in charge. In this regards, GEJ scores a huge zero, as no moves are being made in this regard.

Another thing is that GEJ should have avoided all the embarrassment of backing a losing horse. Did he not have feelers in Edo showing that Oshiomole was too popular as a performing governor in that state? A similar thing happened in the governorship election of Wisconscin in USA and Obama carefully avoided campaigning for the Democratic governor candidate of that state so as not to be associated with failure. All he did was send money and operatives.

That is my two cents.

Partly right. But I disagree on the fact that change only comes top - down. If it does surely you must credit Mr. President for Edo. If you say GEJ should make INEC independent and in another breath claim civil society are drivers of change, you've got your knickers in a twist. Who exactly are you blaming and who exactly are you congratulating.

My take on this democratic thing is that change is people driven, geared through their elected representatives and steered by the executive.

If for instance GEJ did not promise to give INEC total independence and you want it, go to those who are custodians of the constitution and Nigerian laws so as to determine who gets credit when things go well.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Reference(m): 10:46am On Jul 15, 2012
sharubutu:

No, they are people expressing their franchise. Or do you want a total vote for one party and create the very fiefdom we are running away from.

The moment Guv. Adams senses total power, he immediately signs up for dictatorship and you lose power. In democracy you need your enemies to keep you on track. Politics 101.

1 Like

Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by afrikanns: 10:48am On Jul 15, 2012
Mandelaguy: Maybe, you were one of the thumb printers,see how you are exposing your ignorance...GEJ carry to joor! You don de show dem say you be correct man!
u are talkin as if u were nt feelin d heat definitely u must be a gold digger.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by AfangideU(m): 10:51am On Jul 15, 2012
[quote author=Mandelaguy]All the party agents commended the process,INEC,security agencies and dropped congratulatory messages to Adams Oshiomole. [color=#006600][/color]
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Opoki(m): 11:00am On Jul 15, 2012
Mandelaguy: In a clear democratic set up void of selfish interest, Nigeria has demonstrated the ability to conduct free and fair election,void of manipulation and presidential interference as seen by the result of the governorship polls in Edo that was released this morning. President GE. Jonathan has once again delivered on his promise of free,fair and credible election just like the one that brought him into office? The president could have manipulated the result for his party to reclaim the state they lost in the last polls,but rather chose the path of allowing Edolites choose their governor. Adams Oshiomole won this election not because he performed,but because he had presidential protection(there was no interference by GEJ amidst tight security in Edo state).
It is high time we need to understand the real meaning of democracy if truly we practice one. You campaign and ur campaign include security, i voted you to power and you provide security for me and my household, do you still expect me to THANK for simply keeping ur promise? Read books about arab uprising but before u do, compare how developed dos countries are to nigeria. To me, GEJ or No GEJ; Oshiomole remains pples choice in EDO.

1 Like

Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 15, 2012
What I am yet to understand is why the 40 laptop squad are trying to steal the victory of Edo folks as their own?! Commend GEJ my foot angry
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 15, 2012
naijababe: What I am yet to understand is why the 40 laptop squad are trying to steal the victory of Edo folks as their own?! Commend GEJ my foot angry

stealing glory is what gej is best at na

he will take credit for anything, while at the same time telling us that he cannot be held responsible for nigeria's problems
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Gbawe: 11:11am On Jul 15, 2012
oyb:

stealing glory is what gej is best at na

he will take credit for anything, while at the same time telling us that he cannot be held responsible does not "give a damn" for nigeria's problems

Amended.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by CuteTj(m): 11:18am On Jul 15, 2012
sharubutu:
The small votes PDP managed to rig + PDP sycophants + those waiting in the wings to loot Edo's treasury + people that are still living in the dark + those that collected N70 agege bread with N100 note tucked in the middle of the bread as butter= Those that voted for People Deceiving People! They better quickly release themselves from the shackles of PDP!

1 Like

Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by kissangel1: 11:23am On Jul 15, 2012
CuteTj: The small votes PDP managed to rig + PDP sycophants + those waiting in the wings to loot Edo's treasury + people that are still living in the dark + those that collected N70 agege bread with N100 note tucked in the middle of the bread as butter= Those that voted for People Deceiving People! They better quickly release themselves from the shackles of PDP!

ROTFLMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by 3sky: 11:25am On Jul 15, 2012
JULY 15, 2012 BY AGENCY REPORTER 15 COMMENTS
Below is the breakdown of results from the 18 local government areas of Edo State for the July 14, 2012 governorship election as issued by the Independent National Electoral Commission.
The seven parties that participated in the election are Action Congress of Nigeria, All Nigeria Peoples Party, Congress for Progressive Change, Labour Party, National Conscience Party, Peoples Democratic Party and Social Democratic Mega Party.

1. Akoko Edo: ACN-29,803, ANPP-163, CPC-184, LABOUR-38,NCP-36,PDP-13,783, SDMP-65.
2. Egor: ACN- 50,623, ANPP-294, CPC-281, LP-28, NCP-36, PDP-3,486, SMDP-29
3. Esan Central: ACN-11,792, ANPP-83,CPC-65,LP-23,NCP-30,PDP-9,281, SDMP- 34
4. Esan North-East: ACN-13,086, ANPP-123, CPC-77, LP-11, NCP-35, PDP-12,478, SDMP- 44.
5. Esan South-East: ACN-14,904, ANPP-85, CPC-61, LP-22, NCP-16, PDP-9634, SDMP-44.
6. Esan West: ACN- 13,499, ANPP -156, CPC- 115, LP -24, NCP- 25, PDP- 13,282, SDMP- 40.
7. Etsako East: ACN- 23,174, ANPP -75, CPC- 61, LP- 13, NCP- 6, PDP- 4,992, SDMP -28.
8. Etsako West: ACN- 44,962, ANPP -169, CPC- 192, LP -152, NCP -37, PDP -5,920, SDMP -45.
9. Igueben: ACN -9,751, ANPP -63, CPC -35, LP -9, NCP -19, PDP -6,758, SDMP -18.
10. Ikpoba/Okha: ACN -58,809, ANPP -518, CPC -357, LP -54, NCP -49, PDP -6,505, SDMP -56.
11. Oredo LGA: ACN -66,522, ANPP -454, CPC -268, LP -49,NCP -45, PDP -9,081, SDMP -48.
12. Orhionwon: ACN -26,163, ANPP -277, CPC -235, LP -34, NCP -46,PDP -8,716, SDMP -53.
13. Ovia South-West: ACN -16,077, ANPP -196, CPC -222, LP -25, NCP -37, PDP -5015, SDMP -84.
14. Ovia North-East: ACN -26,835, ANPP -280, CPC -233, LP -41, NCP -34, PDP -5,427, SDMP -68.
15. Owan West: ACN -15,150, ANPP -136, CPC -130, LP -20, NCP -26, PDP -7,229, SDMP -37.
16. Owan East LGA: ACN -22,483, ANPP -169, CPC -123, LP -27, NCP -23, PDP -11,709, SDMP -34
More details shortly.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Funkymallam(m): 11:25am On Jul 15, 2012
Congratulations to the ppl of Edo state, its a victory for the ppl.

Kudos to INEC and GEJ for keeping to the promise of free and fair elections.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Gbawe: 11:29am On Jul 15, 2012
naijababe: What I am yet to understand is why the 40 laptop squad are trying to steal the victory of Edo folks as their own?! Commend GEJ my foot angry

How do you want them to justify their efforts to their paymasters if they can't be seen trying to link everything positive and good with GEJ? Whether folks want to admit it or not, Nigeria is changing. Evolution at work. Facebook, twitter, messenger et al now ensure young Nigerians can see what others , even our direct west African neighbours, are now taking for granted as "basics".

I think we are moving beyond the days when a hugely popular choice of the people can be rigged out shamelessly and with impunity as we saw during the Ekiti farce GEJ , coincidentally, supervised. GEJ knows this and that is what he bowed to. Let no one fool themselves about "democratic President". This is more about an embattled Presidency and a scandal-ridden government recognising the anger and frustration of Nigerians that is seeking an outlet GEJ would be suicidal enough to provide with a crazy act of rigging.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by olaheavy: 11:32am On Jul 15, 2012
Nigeria is indeed a Banana Republic! I mean, how can some r.etarded fools opine that we ought to congratulate certain individuals for performing their civic duty and diseminating the tasks for which they get paid. Until the foolish Nigerians realize that those who are in govt. are actually our servants and not the other way round then I'm afraid for this clueless nation. One oloriburuku ignoramus even said that an American president would rig an election so as not to lose in his own state. What a buffoon claptrap! Didn't Bill Clinto lose Arkansas to the GOP? Didn't Al Gore lose in his own state during his bout with the Retardeen Geoge Bush? I can go on and on with classic examples of this nature. So what are we even talking about? I'm so sorry for this country and the s.tupid policies of her misrulers. I know you idiots like to reference the developed nations in your uncouth way of life. Look at it this way: who is a Jega or what is an INEC in American or British politics? Who is an IG of Police in either the US or the UK? In the US, there is no INEC or some silly individual who arrogates unnecessary influences unto himself. After the Presidential election it's even the Television and Cable Networks like CNN, MSNBC, FOX, NBC, CBS, and ABC that project a winner as the votes are being collated around the country, There's never a foolish buffoon faking his way around as a strong man called the Inspector General of Police, who can be appointed by a re.tarded president and bullied out if he doesn't play balls. What they have is the Secretary of Interior under whose office is the Police activities. And this fellow him/herself is not a police officer -- usuall a civillian with a sound understanding and ability to direct the nation's police affairs without prejudice or interference. It's only in the Banana Republic of Nigeria that some idiots are appointed as the IGP and the INEC or NEC or FEDECO and some s.hit like that. A country where the President, instead of serving the people, is now being regarded as a demigod.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by jmaine: 11:33am On Jul 15, 2012
Funkymallam: Congratulations to the ppl of Edo state, its a victory for the ppl.

Kudos to INEC and GEJ for keeping to the promise of free and fair elections.

Correct yarns bro wink . . .

@Thread . . . .The same folks here will be on other threads praising their best Governor for doing what they term as basic rights of the citizens

As usual, Jmaine will wait for those folks on such threads to expose their hypocrisy . . .

meanwhile bros Funkybaba , longest time grin
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Funkymallam(m): 11:35am On Jul 15, 2012
Gbawe:

How do you want them to justify their efforts to their paymasters if they can't be seen trying to link everything positive and good with GEJ? Whether folks want to admit it or not, Nigeria is changing. Evolution at work. Facebook, twitter, messenger et al now ensure young Nigerians can see what others , even our direct west African neighbours, are now taking for granted as "basics".

I think we are moving beyond the days when a hugely popular choice of the people can be rigged out shamelessly and with impunity as we saw during the Ekiti farce GEJ, coincidentally, supervised. GEJ knows this and that is what he bowed to. Let no one fool themselves about "democratic President". This is more about an embattled Presidency and a scandal-ridden government recognising the anger and frustration of Nigerians that is seeking an outlet GEJ would be suicidal enough to provide with a crazy act of rigging.

Bro, nice to see u again, u have been missing for sometime.
Hope all is well?
Have a nice day.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by maasoap(m): 11:35am On Jul 15, 2012
What's so special about Oba of Benin that you people are threatening people here? The Oba of Benin is clearly an example of leaders who don't know what their responsibility entails. A monarch is supposed to be a father to all but not to one political party. What if Oshiomole fails this time around to deliver? What will oba say? Kings should stay away from showing preference for a particular candidate even if they're going to be involved in politics. Failure to do so means they will lose respect people have for them. I'm ACN member from Osun State.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Funkymallam(m): 11:39am On Jul 15, 2012
jmaine:

Correct yarns bro wink . . .

@Thread . . . .The same folks here will be on other threads praising their best Governor for doing what they term as basic rights of the citizens

As usual, Jmaine will wait for those folks on such threads to expose their hypocrisy . . .

meanwhile bros Funkybaba , longest time grin

Bros, i dey o. Have been kinda busy for sometime now.
Hope u are kicking fyn?

Dnt mind ppl with their hypocricy. After all criticizing GEJ is the best selling biz in town. cheesy cheesy
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 15, 2012
A President who wud not declare his assets publicly (so dt he can be held accountable wen he leaves office) after more dan 24months as president CANNOT superintend/conduct free & fair electins! A President under whose very nose mind-boggling corrupt enrichment of a few (...cabalocracy?) takes place daily CANNOT but be innately corrrupt himself. For those of us on Nairaland (Mandelaguy,Beaf etc) who erroneously believe GEJ mobilised troop in Edo's election to create a level playing field for all parties,...I av a question 4 u; do u truly believe dt in a free & fair election (April 2011) PDP cud av won Katsina,Kano,Kebbi,Kwara,Bauchi,Delta,Kaduna states? Or r we saying elections must be conducted in Nigeria one state at a tym for our elections to be credible
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Gbawe: 11:54am On Jul 15, 2012
Funkymallam:

Bro, nice to see u again, u have been missing for sometime.
Hope all is well?
Have a nice day.

My guy, how far? I dey kampe .
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 15, 2012
legendsilver: dis mandelaguy self, u tink say edo state na bayelsa state? If dem rig am, edo go scatter live, GEJ knw say na die so he jst nid 2 corpo.
If Edo "scatter live" as you opined, who will lose lives ? Me ? Stop spewing that. If GEJ was authoritarian like past president and wanted PDP to take over that state, machineries will stuff those ballot boxes and INEC will announce PDP and nothing will happen, Yes Nothing that JTF cant handle. So try to commend an unbias President who provided security because in as much as Oshiomole is my man, his cowardice is making him childish, calling students assassins, shouting that Soldiers are there to intimidate, that he hears plans that PDP has fake voters register etc. Congrats Oshiomole, but be mature in politics. its not NLC.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by ypzilanti: 11:55am On Jul 15, 2012
Frankie9ice: A President who wud not declare his assets publicly (so dt he can be held accountable wen he leaves office) after more dan 24months as president CANNOT superintend/conduct free & fair electins! A President under whose very nose mind-boggling corrupt enrichment of a few (...cabalocracy?) takes place daily CANNOT but be innately corrrupt himself. For those of us on Nairaland (Mandelaguy,Beaf etc) who erroneously believe GEJ mobilised troop in Edo's election to create a level playing field for all parties,...I av a question 4 u; do u truly believe dt in a free & fair election (April 2011) PDP cud av won Katsina,Kano,Kebbi,Kwara,Bauchi,Delta,Kaduna states? Or r we saying elections must be conducted in Nigeria one state at a tym for our elections to be credible

I think the law should be amended so state elections are conducted one at a time.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by olaheavy: 11:57am On Jul 15, 2012
As for me, I might be willing to congratulate both Jega and Johnathan if, come 2015, they're able to conduct a truly free and fair election which sees Johnathan (if he actually loses for real) out of the presidential villa and back to his fishing and animal husbandry businesses in his Ijaw enclave.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Funkymallam(m): 11:58am On Jul 15, 2012
Frankie9ice: A President who wud not declare his assets publicly (so dt he can be held accountable wen he leaves office) after more dan 24months as president CANNOT superintend/conduct free & fair electins! A President under whose very nose mind-boggling corrupt enrichment of a few (...cabalocracy?) takes place daily CANNOT but be innately corrrupt himself. For those of us on Nairaland (Mandelaguy,Beaf etc) who erroneously believe GEJ mobilised troop in Edo's election to create a level playing field for all parties,...I av a question 4 u; do u truly believe dt in a free & fair election (April 2011) PDP cud av won Katsina,Kano,Kebbi,Kwara,Bauchi,Delta,Kaduna states? Or r we saying elections must be conducted in Nigeria one state at a tym for our elections to be credible

Woudnt knw about other states but in kano state here, PDP won squarely, it was a battle btw Engr. Musa Rabiu Kwankwaso of the PDP and Takai of ANPP.

Kwankwaso was a former gov b4 Mallam Shekarau, who rode to govt house on the back of extreme sentiments but disappointed the ppl, expcially in his second term. The people of Kano decided to bring back Kwankwaso to finish the good work he started.

Its obvious u are ignorant of the ppl the contested the election in the states u mentioned, u were just being sentimental and sensational.
Can u pls tell us who u bliv should have won the elections in those states u mentioned, their names and not the parties.

Note: Nigerians are nolonger voting political parties but personalities!
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Funkymallam(m): 12:00pm On Jul 15, 2012
Gbawe:

My guy, how far? I dey kampe .

Am gud bro, gud to see u again.
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 15, 2012
LMAO grin grin How will the contestants who got below 1000 votes feel about themselves? Congrats to Osho. PDP must die angry
Re: After Controversies: Why Oshiomole Won by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 15, 2012
Captainajama: People are still making noise...when military was released in Edo,the said the president and his party were out to rig the election,now they are praising him for [color=#990000][/color]creating the environment that has brought back faith in the electoral process,where you now know that your vote counts. Congratulations to the Nigerian president with a difference,Adams Oshiomole,Edo people and Nigerians at large! The results are too numerous,but we can each post one at a time.

Bros... Nigerians are more desperate for their votes to count in a presidential poll...
Me, personally... Want transparency in a presidential poll - which oga jona can NEVER DELIVER! - and u know it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom State Gets New Deputy Governor / Senator Barnabas Gemade Defects From PDP To SDP / Corruption Allegations: In Case FG Has Forgotten These Cases! By Dirisu Yakubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.