Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? (31115 Views)

Beltus Kwene, Cameroonian Soldier That Died Yesterday / Boy Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing In A Cameroonian Village (Graphic Pic) / Ask A Russian Guy Anything. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 17, 2012
ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BELOVED NEIGHBOR HERE. ALSO YOUR THOUGHTS.
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by dasparrow: 5:53pm On Jul 17, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BELOVED NEIGHBOR HERE. ALSO YOUR THOUGHTS.

Ok, I have some questions:

1. What is the official language in Cameroon? Is it just french or both french and english?

2. Where are the english speaking parts of Cameroon if any?

3. Why don't you post some pictures of Cameroon so people like me can feed my eyes?

4. What are some of your major cities?

5. What is the cost of living like in Cameroon? cheap? expensive? moderate?

Those are all the questions I have for now.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 17, 2012
dasparrow:

Ok, I have some questions:

1. What is the official language in Cameroon? Is it just french or both french and english?

2. Where are the english speaking parts of Cameroon if any?

3. Why don't you post some pictures of Cameroon so people like me can feed my eyes?

4. What are some of your major cities?

5. What is the cost of living like in Cameroon? cheap? expensive? moderate?

Those are all the questions I have for now.
1) both english and french are the official languages. (unfortunately french is dominant in any sector but anything official(T.V news ,news paper ,president french ,school, constitution,etc are in english and in french)

2) Cameroon is divided in 10 regions ...french is dominant in 8regions the 2 where english is dominant are south west[img][/img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6e/Cameroon_South_West_300px.png/256px-Cameroon_South_West_300px.png and north west[img][/img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/92/Cameroon_Northwest_300px.png/256px-Cameroon_Northwest_300px.png however those population tend to speak french because many others ethnicity moved there .
3) i thought nobody will be interested but okay i will ...

4) cameroon is 475 442 km square ...the major cities are Douala, Yaounde, Bafoussam,Bamenda, Kribi, Limbe, Garoua ,Ngaoundere and Maroua.
%) it depends of which city you are going ...but in general life is very cheap there no inflation ..everything is affordable for the average Cameroonian.
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 17, 2012
SPECIAL YAOUNDE:

3 Likes

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 17, 2012
Yaounde CONTINUE

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 17, 2012

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 17, 2012
Yaounde again

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Okijajuju1(m): 6:44pm On Jul 17, 2012
Whats the deal with Bakassi Pennisula?! angry
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 17, 2012
Yaounde .....the city of 7 collines
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 17, 2012
Okija_juju: Whats the deal with Bakassi Pennisula?! angry

you guys invaded our land with your army ......and your people settled there illegally(ibibio &effik) .....to avoid any conflict we complained to the U.N they fixed the problems with some accords and concessions made by each parts .... everything has been done peacefully .....OBJ did a good job and Biya also.. now you still own us some land but it's okay we first have to repopulate the peninsula with Cameroonian then teach to ibibio and effik how to respect our army and be loyal to our government (those who decided to stay) because so far they helped the MED and Cameroon lost more than 20 soldiers. i hope they will understand that we have nothing against them and they have everything to win by coopering with us.
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Okijajuju1(m): 6:56pm On Jul 17, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: you guys invaded our land with your army ......and your people settled there illegally(ibibio &effik) .....to avoid any conflict we complained to the U.N they fixed the problems with some accords and concessions made by each parts .... everything has been done peacefully .....OBJ did a good job and Biya also.. now you still own us some land but it's okay we first have to repopulate the peninsula with Cameroonian then teach to ibibio and effik how to respect our army and be loyal to our government (those who decided to stay) because so far they helped the MED and Cameroon lost more than 20 soldiers. i hope they will understand that we have nothing against them and they have everything to win by coopering with us.

Dude!!

Bakassi was our land!!

Go and investigate properly.. Nigeria never invaded Cameroun

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 17, 2012
Yaounde Center Region

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 17, 2012
Okija_juju:

Dude!!

Bakassi was our land!!

Go and investigate properly.. Nigeria never invaded Cameroun
i'm sorry but you did....from january 1996 to may 1996 with sami abacha and fro ?2001 to ?2008 under obasanjo with more than 3000 soldiers,,,,,i'm uploading some pics right now i will put the bakassi's links after ....but anyway nigerian put bakassi in their map only in 1996 this show that it was acknowledged by your leaders and intellectuals that bakassi didn't belong to you
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 17, 2012
Yaounde

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 17, 2012
yaounde

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 17, 2012
YAOUNDE MORE AND MORE

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 17, 2012
AGAIN AND AGAIN

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2012
Yaounde or ongola(which means barrier/fence in Ewondo one of the most important language in Cameroon)

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 17, 2012
YAOUNDE

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by PhysicsQED(m): 7:43pm On Jul 17, 2012
How are the pygmies treated in Cameroon?

I got the impression that people were discriminating against them.
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Yeske2(m): 7:54pm On Jul 17, 2012
Why is Paul Biya still in power after so many years and what are you guys doing about it?
Is it true that Anglo-Cameroun is being discriminated against?
Why is your currency CFA still tied to Euro via the French franc, does it mean you guys are incapable of maintaining your monetary system?
All for now.
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by dayokanu(m): 8:01pm On Jul 17, 2012
How are Camerounian girls like?
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Sunofgod(m): 8:09pm On Jul 17, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BELOVED NEIGHBOR HERE. ALSO YOUR THOUGHTS.

How is Roger Milla?

Whats he up to nowadays?

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 17, 2012

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by not2long(m): 8:14pm On Jul 17, 2012
can u post some picture of slums in your country and those things that are very disgusting in ur country
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2012
PhysicsQED: How are the pygmies treated in Cameroon?

I got the impression that people were discriminating against them.

unfortunately yes ..they are a little bit discriminated but not the way you think ...the problem is they live in the EAST REGION which is rich in diamond and wood...so the government is busy to exploit those resources and their governor do nothing about them....however since 2005 there is a program for them ..but the truth is they are too much different and prefer their traditional life ...but they have a free access to everything..(education health...etc)
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 17, 2012
Yeske!:
Why is Paul Biya still in power after so many years and what are you guys doing about it?
Is it true that Anglo-Cameroun is being discriminated against?
Why is your currency CFA still tied to Euro via the French franc, does it mean you guys are incapable of maintaining your monetary system?
All for now.
PAUL BIYA IS STILL IN POWER BECAUSE THE OPPOSITION IS bleeped UP/MESSED UP ...they CAN"T REUNITE CAMEROONIANS AND SO FAR THEY HAVE NO PROGRAM EXCEPT THEIR BIYA MUST GO...iI KNOW MY PEOPLE ..THEY ARE GREEDY ..AND ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS MONEY....GO FIGURE WHY CAMEROON HAS +250POLITICS ORGANIZATIONS
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 17, 2012
Sun of god:

How is Roger Milla?

Whats he up to nowadays?

HE IS DOING GOOD ,HE IS NOW AMBASSADOR ITINERANT, AND HONOR PRESIDENT OF FECAFOOT(our FOOTBALL FEDERATION) however the guy thinks that he is the only one who knows the football and is always bad mouthing about the team...even if most of the time he says the truth....our football is going down
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 17, 2012
not2long: can u post some picture of slums in your country and those things that are very disgusting in ur country
of course i can but dot know if i will lmao except if you insist
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 17, 2012
dayokanu: How are Camerounian girls like?
the finest,sexiest, most beautiful , they got style and taste, well mannered the best among the best in Africa....move here and make your move.....especially if you talk french...however you have to know some cameroonian customs and act cameroonian they hardly date non-cameroonian except when they are abroad..
Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 17, 2012
I'M FROM YAOUNDE 100% EWONDO ...

Re: Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? by ektbear: 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2012
nice thread.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Witches Allowed Maximum Of 150m Flying Altitude In Swaziland / Ukraine war: NATO will respond in kind if Putin uses chemical weapons - Biden / Russia Refuses To Launch Oneweb Internet Satellites Over Sanctions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.