Stats: 3,150,892 members, 7,810,428 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science (5921 Views)

5 Reasons Why Spooning With Your Spouse Is Healthy, Says Science / Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? / Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives (2) (3) (4)

Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by SisiKill1: 7:44pm On Jul 19, 2012
Richvkunt:

Amusing,my advise to you is that you humble yourself and get yourself a man,who will purge you of your undue feminist supremacy theories. Anyone can post a survey from any where showing supremacy of either of the se.xes.

Just goggle male dominance or female dominance and you will get numerous results of surveys on male or female supremacy.Once again -get your self a man!

Rotflmao!!! Ouch!!!! cheesy cheesy

Dude, I am waiting for you to make a honest woman out of me but you keep resisting. So I have decided to go full on seduction mode

Here. . . . . .that's my come hither look! Is it. . .is it working? Lemme do it again . . .So whadoyasay? Should I start calling the Pastors?

Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by ronkebp(f): 8:03pm On Jul 19, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by tpia5: 8:08pm On Jul 19, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Tpia I don't think that's what he is saying. The smartness or lack thereof. . . of both genders are not mutually exclusive.

He is saying set on an even playing field, girls tend to do better than their male counter parts.

hmm, interesting hypothesis.
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by coogar: 8:11pm On Jul 19, 2012
tpia@:

don't know about that.
are you saying being raised with girls will dumb down a boy?

when the playing field is levelled, the girls are generally smarter than their male counterparts.

i personally havent found this to be true.

this is easier to explain.
girls in their teens are smarter - they get easily exposed to the ways of the world far quicker than the boys. their suitors then are generally older whereas the boys of the same age tend to chase after girls younger than them. in a nutshell, you have 2 identical twins of opposite sex at the age of 16. the female gets chased by men in their 20s, her twin brother is busy chasing after his age mates and girls of 15 and below. who in your opinion would be more exposed? undecided

Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 19, 2012
So many angry men on this thread. grin
I was going to answer that long post about the things men invented but someone has done so already so I'll just add to it.
In the past, women DID invent things but the societies being male dominated, made it impossible for women to take credit for their inventions or to even own patents and to instead credit the invention of those things to their husbands.
Also, studies have shown that when women are allowed to work and live with access to the same opportunities men have, they can do same or better than the men. These same opportunites I speak of are only recently becoming available to women due to centuries of sexism, so just give females the time. They'll catch up with the inventing. wink
Lastly, I think this research is not correct. Sorry females, but intelligence definitely does not depend on gender. Other researches have shown that men are more intelligent than women, the way this research shows that women are more intelligent. It's all a load of crap. Intelligence is not gender dependent.

Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by tpia5: 9:06pm On Jul 19, 2012
coogar:

when the playing field is levelled, the girls are generally smarter than their male counterparts.

this is easier to explain.
girls in their teens are smarter - they get easily exposed to the ways of the world far quicker than the boys. their suitors then are generally older whereas the boys of the same age tend to chase after girls younger than them. in a nutshell, you have 2 identical twins of opposite sex at the age of 16. the female gets chased by men in their 20s, her twin brother is busy chasing after his age mates and girls of 15 and below. who in your opinion would be more exposed? undecided

my teen years were actually when i discovered girls are not smarter than boys.

but going by what obtains on nl and the general trends these days, its quite possible your own observations are correct.
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by dayokanu(m): 9:10pm On Jul 19, 2012
Women discovered blooowjobs, The greatest invention ever
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by coogar: 9:43pm On Jul 19, 2012
tpia@:

my teen years were actually when i discovered girls are not smarter than boys.

girls are way smarter...they get to be told the lessons of life far earlier than the boys of the same age. while they are reading novels that tend to broaden their horizons, the boys are still engrossed with comic books or sports magazines! the disparity is endless!

but going by what obtains on nl and the general trends these days, its quite possible your own observations are correct.

a cursory glance at the insurance paid by young drivers would also reveal boys pay more than their female counterparts. girls are generally smarter, more careful, more attentive and are less likely to take idiotic risks known to boys who wouldn't flinch to run 200mph just to feel bonz!
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by tpia5: 10:45pm On Jul 19, 2012
men are too easily distracted, but that has nothing to do with intelligence, just XY chromosome.

btw, folks here seem to be referring to relationships, while I am referring to IQ.
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 19, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Rotflmao!!! Ouch!!!! cheesy cheesy

Dude, I am waiting for you to make a honest woman out of me but you keep resisting. So I have decided to go full on seduction mode

Here. . . . . .that's my come hither look! Is it. . .is it working? Lemme do it again . . .So whadoyasay? Should I start calling the Pastors?

Unfortunately for you,dearie I am out of reach,however it is a proven fact that there is nothing like a mans strong arms to get your mind off all this feminist idealistic nonsense.Even by your standards you will have to admit it has gotten out of hand over the last couple of weeks aye?
A good man and a brood of kids would certainly get your head out of the clouds don't you think? grin
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by Sagamite(m): 11:06pm On Jul 19, 2012
Tgirl4real: Sisi kill, Sagamite must not see this thread o grin

Honestly, I can't really judge. There are too many dumb arse people on this Earth.

If 90% of the world is dumb and the world is 50% women, 50% men, how can one assess who is smarter when the odds of picking each random person would reveal a 90% chance that they are a person like deshclones?

Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by SisiKill1: 11:19pm On Jul 19, 2012
fellis: So many angry men on this thread. grin
I was going to answer that long post about the things men invented but someone has done so already so I'll just add to it.
In the past, women DID invent things but the societies being male dominated, made it impossible for women to take credit for their inventions or to even own patents and to instead credit the invention of those things to their husbands.
Also, studies have shown that when women are allowed to work and live with access to the same opportunities men have, they can do same or better than the men. These same opportunites I speak of are only recently becoming available to women due to centuries of sexism, so just give females the time. They'll catch up with the inventing. wink
Lastly, I think this research is not correct. Sorry females, but intelligence definitely does not depend on gender. Other researches have shown that men are more intelligent than women, the way this research shows that women are more intelligent. It's all a load of crap. Intelligence is not gender dependent.

Love this post!!

Thanks for the links. Illuminating!!

Richy Darlin', we will continue our seduction dance later. . .go wait for me in the corner. I'll join you when I am done talking with the intellectuals.

Now, now don't pout. . . I won't be long. Here kiss . . .that should hold ya.
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by coogar: 11:35pm On Jul 19, 2012
tpia@:
men are too easily distracted, but that has nothing to do with intelligence, just XY chromosome.

btw, folks here seem to be referring to relationships, while I am referring to IQ.

they are easily distracted because of their shorter attention span. girls are more attentive
with the mental capacity to remain focused. it has everything to do with intelligence. it is when boys stop grasping what they are being taught that they become bored and distracted!.
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by Johndoe100(m): 12:31am On Jul 20, 2012
coogar: there might be some iota of truth in the article! a girl born n bred in the same environment with a boy is usually smarter than the boy! girls are generally smarter than the boys of the same age!

True, then they start having sex and this seems to addle their brains and lower their IQ. Anyway it's obvious that the study was designed to lead to the guy's book and finally his bank account.
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by agiboma(f): 12:37am On Jul 20, 2012
Sagamite:

Honestly, I can't really judge. There are too many dumb arse people on this Earth.

If 90% of the world is dumb and the world is 50% women, 50% men, how can one assess who is smarter when the odds of picking each random person would reveal a 90% chance that they are a person like deschlones?

hmmmm
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by tpia1: 4:15am On Jul 20, 2012
coogar:

they are easily distracted because of their shorter attention span. girls are more attentive
with the mental capacity to remain focused. it has everything to do with intelligence. it is when boys stop grasping what they are being taught that they become bored and distracted!.

girls are more focused mentally most likely because of body function and hormones.

body function meaning they are designed to be nurturers [carry and/or raise babies] and you need some level of patience to do this.

so, its not necessarily related to IQ.
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by dayokanu(m): 5:17am On Jul 20, 2012
Even in High school boys are usually more brilliant and in University, the harder courses (STEM) are populated by men while women prefer the easier ones
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by kay9(m): 5:31am On Jul 20, 2012
coogar:

girls are way smarter... they get to be told the lessons of life far earlier than the boys of the same age...
Lessons like ''I love u, pls have sexx with me?'', right? They sure learn it well!

coogar:

girls are way smarter...while they are reading novels that tend to broaden their horizons, the boys are still engrossed with comic books or sports magazines!
Novels like M&B and Harlequin bah? No wonder Twilight became a bestseller grin Abeg i'll take the comics anyday!
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by kay9(m): 5:47am On Jul 20, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
... So I have decided to go full on seduction mode. Here. . . . . .that's my come hither look! Is it. . .is it working? Lemme do it again . . .So whadoyasay? Should I start calling the Pastors?

grin grin grin grin grin grin oh sheetz, look at 'em cute eyes blinking, lol...
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by Tgirl4real(f): 10:53am On Jul 20, 2012
kay9:
Lessons like ''I love u, pls have sexx with me?'', right? They sure learn it well!

Novels like M&B and Harlequin bah? No wonder Twilight became a bestseller grin Abeg i'll take the comics anyday!

God forbid I read M&B n Harlequin
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by Tgirl4real(f): 10:55am On Jul 20, 2012
davidylan:

cookbooks, recipes, crafts e.t.c.

Exactly what I wanted to say. grin
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 20, 2012
Wow, so many women got married at 18 and have been able to keep their marriage. What can we say of the opposite gender?
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by armyofone(m): 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2012
they are busy thinking of how to lay that chic, marry more than one etc.

women think with the God given package upstair while men think with the package downstair.

jennykadry: Wow, so many women got married at 18 and have been able to keep their marriage. What can we say of the opposite gender?

@ OP
I agree that women have higher IQs. I went to a college in the US well known for their Engineering and IT.
So many women in both depts.
Tough colleges such as Naval academy and West Point have many women.
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by ronkebp(f): 2:55pm On Jul 20, 2012
dayokanu: Even in High school boys are usually more brilliant and in University, the harder courses (STEM) are populated by men while women prefer the easier ones

Really? the dull ones must have gone to that high school....'"egbami college". There was this lady in my secondary school days....infact her dad has 6 children,(4 girls and 2 boys)....that girl is so intelligent that i thought she was on something.. she would always Ace all her subjects i mean at 99% or 100% level....when we were struggling with physics and chemistry..the winch, dey get 99% (for chemistry and physics)....when we were in JSS2 this chic was helping SS2 and SS3 students to solve maths....Our principal then (she is late now)....Used to look for that singular person that would beat this chic....we all tried, i was crying and studying....(social nights and clubs) did not allow me wink. Anyways, she graduated with 9-A1s'. WE all wrote Jamb same year (ss2) before we graduated, And she had 300 score at her first sitting....(the whole school just gave up on that chic) now some of our teachers were telling us that this chic was not even as intelligent as her older sister that graduated from our school...shocked shocked

I got admission after staying at home for 2 years smiley wink...during my orientation, na so i see this chic, in my university ooo, we were so happy to see eachother because asper secondary school levels. (she was in her 300l Medicine, as if she would study arabic wink ). Anyways...so i made friends with some guys in medical school...i had to ask some guys to help me find that chic's educational level out, i told them all the 411's on her, they got her Matric number, and when results were posted after their exams....see babe for medical school...still dey get A-s'....i was like her kids are in trouble, Imagine picking that chic and another very intelligent guy....there would be commotion in that room.

Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by ronkebp(f): 3:04pm On Jul 20, 2012
My younger sister also talked about another babe like that in her university....who studied accounting, this is a university with babes and guys ooo.....the babe graduated with a 1st class in Accounting....her GPA was 4.99 ( i did not know how that was possible but it was, she was really popular in that school and the lagos state library...grin grin) she said the babe had been on scholarship from her secondary school days up to her university level....she had not graduated when companies were looking into hiring her and her pay was negotiated.

Another chic graduated with 1st class in computer science....and we all know how Nigeria universities are and how difficult it is to have 1st class, there are no open book exams, it is what you have studied that you will put down in the exams.

When i was in the university i came out tops in my department ( i am not boasting) but giving you instances where we have both gilrs and boys sitting in the same class and receiving the same lectures. grin grin wink wink
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by maclatunji: 3:09pm On Jul 20, 2012
@Fellis has taken the words out of my mouth, intelligence is not dependent on gender.
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by coogar: 3:14pm On Jul 20, 2012
maclatunji: @Fellis has taken the words out of my mouth, intelligence is not dependent on gender.

strength is not also dependent on gender, right? how some of you bagged your degrees should be questioned!
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by maclatunji: 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2012
coogar:

strength is not also dependent on gender, right? how some of you bagged your degrees should be questioned!

Going by your argument, you are more intelligent than every woman that has ever walked the face of the planet. Is that really what you are saying?
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by coogar: 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2012
maclatunji:

Going by your argument, you are more intelligent than every woman that has ever walked the face of the planet. Is that really what you are saying?

that's not what i am saying.....i am saying girls are generally smarter than their male counterparts if the playing field is even. in a nutshell, the smartest woman in the world would outwit the smartest man in the world! it's not even debatable. after all, a woman still holds the highest intelligence quotient ever recorded on the planet: marilyn vos savant!

Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
jennykadry: Wow, so many women got married at 18 and have been able to keep their marriage. What can we say of the opposite gender?

those women got married to much older, mature men who understand what it takes to maintain a marriage. Let us not give these women unnecessary praise here.

Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by maclatunji: 3:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
coogar:

that's not what i am saying.....i am saying girls are generally smarter than their male counterparts if the playing field is even. in a nutshell, the smartest woman in the world would outwit the smartest man in the world! it's not even debatable. after all, a woman still holds the highest intelligence quotient ever recorded on the planet: marilyn vos savant!

Key word there is "recorded", then again what about the distribution of intelligence. It is funny that you seek to be categorical with your position. However, if it was so certain, researchers wouldn't be spending millions of dollars every year trying to find a definitive answer to the question.

Let's put things in perspective here, the only reason we have a difference in terms of gender is because of reproduction. Intelligence can exist at the highest levels in both sexes, so it is quite futile to me to seek to promote one gender as being more intelligent than the other. It is that simple, if you disagree, good luck with it. I am not interested in a never-ending-argument with you. tongue
Re: Women Have Higher IQs Than Men, Says Science by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 20, 2012
coogar:

I disagree with you here. Men are generally smarter than women but women mature faster than men.

Abandon A Pregnant Woman In Lagos And Be Jailed / Checkout These Cute Twins Pictures - Lovely! / Using First Names For Husband & Wife (Father & Mother) in the Family?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68