Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

BMW Owners' Forum - Car Talk (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BMW Owners' Forum (230878 Views)

Honda CRV Owners Forum / Nissan Xterra Owners Forum / Kia Owners Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by amSTARboy: 1:09am On Dec 21, 2020
Greetings house......

Please does anyone know an experienced trustworthy mechanic at lekki axis. My power steering just became strong. I drive e90 328xi 2009.

Thanks

Modified**

Please add me to the whatsapp group.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Boson3010: 7:15am On Dec 21, 2020
Good day everyone. I have a 2009 BMW 750Li. Whenever I am driving after 10mins the gear will no longer shift. It get stuck in gear one and shows transmission error. A scan also show the same thing. Please I need help. I need to know if something else is the problem.before I attempt to replace the expensive gearbox.

Thanks in anticipation of your advice
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:35am On Dec 21, 2020
amSTARboy:
Greetings house......

Please does anyone know an experienced trustworthy mechanic at lekki axis. My power steering just became strong. I drive e90 328xi 2009.

Thanks

Modified**

radautoworks here, her office is just after the second toll gate if you're coming from Vi/phase 1

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by alphaNomega: 6:26pm On Dec 21, 2020
Boson3010:
Good day everyone. I have a 2009 BMW 750Li. Whenever I am driving after 10mins the gear will no longer shift. It get stuck in gear one and shows transmission error. A scan also show the same thing. Please I need help. I need to know if something else is the problem.before I attempt to replace the expensive gearbox.

If your AC stops cooling, or your radio stops working, your alternator might be on the way out. Nothing is wrong with your gear.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 22, 2020
hello house I have a 2007 328i and a 2007 335i for sale.
anyone interested can pm me.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:29pm On Dec 22, 2020
HARDEYEBER:

These cars have aged so gracefully. I'd definitely take a 328i over a C300, no debates.

5 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by erico2k2(m): 2:00am On Dec 23, 2020
HARDEYEBER:
How much
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by driving: 3:40am On Dec 24, 2020
What are the issues with 320i engine in 2006 model? I read something about timing. Please someone should educate me.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by alphaNomega: 6:01pm On Dec 24, 2020
There are no issues
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by TheVictim01(m): 9:29am On Dec 25, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

These cars have aged so gracefully. I'd definitely take a 328i over a C300, no debates.
You scared of the N54?? or the turbos?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:37am On Dec 25, 2020
TheVictim01:

You scared of the N54?? or the turbos?

Yes.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by radautoworks: 7:58pm On Dec 25, 2020
jcflex:

Good morning, I will give it a try.

thank you Sir

The fear of faceless online advice is the beginning of wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:10pm On Dec 25, 2020
radautoworks:

Nothing dey happen. I've seen a Civic pump used on a w164 without any issues. If it works, it works. It's just a fuel pump, it either works or it doesn't. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by radautoworks: 8:14pm On Dec 25, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Nothing dey happen. I've seen a Civic pump used on a w164 without any issues. If it works, it works. It's just a fuel pump, it either works or it doesn't. cheesy

Except wasted money and the larger question, WHO'S DOING THE INSTALL? Before it turns into fix one get two grin

And seriously, how much different in cost is the correct one at Ladipo to warrant the cut and join?

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:32pm On Dec 25, 2020
radautoworks:

Except wasted money and the larger question, WHO'S DOING THE INSTALL? Before it turns into fix one get two grin

And seriously, how much different in cost is the correct one at Ladipo to warrant the cut and join?

Was never an issue of costs. The W164 in question had several pump failures. Either due to fake parts or something.

Putting in the Civic pump was an easy, last option.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by alphaNomega: 8:34pm On Dec 25, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Leave dem abeg, not like it's a sensitive equipment. Fuel pump na wetin dem dey form Sherlock Holmes angry
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by yungboss(m): 8:52pm On Dec 25, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Hello brother, I read you got yourself an amazing E550, congratulations!take care of her.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:53pm On Dec 25, 2020
yungboss:

Hello brother, I read you got yourself an amazing E550, congratulations! Take care of her...

Thanks, chief.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by jcflex(m): 12:04am On Dec 26, 2020
radautoworks:

lolz
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by chukel(m): 5:28am On Dec 26, 2020
amSTARboy:
Greetings house......

Thanks

Modified**

check your power steering fluid. If low top up with this. Never do anything dexron

2 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by amSTARboy: 7:23am On Dec 26, 2020
chukel:
check your power steering fluid. If low top up with this. Never do anything dexron

Thanks. The issue was my power steering pump failed. Changed it for 25k.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by chukel(m): 8:24am On Dec 26, 2020
amSTARboy:

Thanks. The issue was my power steering pump failed. Changed it for 25k.
which fluid did you use after the repair? If dexron, get ready for another pump failure. It's a matter of time.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by amSTARboy: 8:33am On Dec 26, 2020
chukel:
which fluid did you use after the repair? If dexron, get ready for another pump failure. It's a matter of time.

Something German. Would find out the name.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by chukel(m): 8:56am On Dec 26, 2020
amSTARboy:

Something German. Would find out the name.
guess its german adler

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by radautoworks: 8:57am On Dec 26, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Was never an issue of costs. The W164 in question had several pump failures. Either due to fake parts or something.

Putting in the Civic pump was an easy, last option.

Those were corrected in OE and aftermarket units.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Opeolami(m): 7:55pm On Jan 06, 2021
FancyDaddy:
E36 with feel of classic. it's a 318tds. It turns head. My first BMW. I still own it.
. If you're selling quote me
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by driving: 9:42pm On Jan 11, 2021
A friend x5 e53 engine was damaged by overheating today. Engine has refused to start. The mechanic said the head gasket maybe bad and or a warped head cylinder. Please what can he do? Change the gasket and get a new head?? Please advice as I'm skeptical about getting another tokunbo engine that one is not sure of its condition.

Yungboss

Radautoworks

Mayor

Kingreign

Everybody, I need inputs
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lebete3000: 3:31pm On Jan 12, 2021
uboma:

Hi.

I will not advise that you "upgrade your wheels" as someone here is suggesting. Using wheels not recommended for your car by the manufacturers has a lot of disadvantages.

Ensure that you use the recommended spec (factory fitted) of wheels for your car.

If the roads in your area are that bad, by all means you should consider other BMW models.

Like?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lebete3000: 3:35pm On Jan 12, 2021
MrEdimulo82:

Hi, being following ur convo..interesting. We seems to drive d same Beemer type, E46, v6 with 2.5 lite engine. Transmission is auto, bro.. I love ds car die. My issues currently is to change the engine and the gear. I spoke to my mechanic of abt 3 yrs now is asking for 169k for engine and I made my own findings for the gear for abt 75k. These costs are huge considering my financial status right now but I need to do it as well as I am not enjoying my car as I want to.

How many did you use it before the engine needed to be replaced, or should I say- knocked?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Billiebaba(m): 8:07pm On Jan 13, 2021
Boson3010:

Take it for a scan, or you can bring it over to my workshop for a free scan. Don't throw any parts oooo, it proper diagnostics that can solve your problem.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by omoajiri(m): 11:45am On Jan 14, 2021
I have the same problem on my 2007 E60.
The thing to do is either I park, switch off the phone for 5mins and start again or I clear the fault with a scanner. The cause of the problem isn't known till now, I've replace the complete transmission due to this but the problem still persists.
I'll be glad if the solution to this problem can be shared.
Thanks

Billiebaba:

Take it for a scan, or you can bring it over to my workshop for a free scan. Don't throw any parts oooo, it proper diagnostics that can solve your problem.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by driving: 2:58am On Jan 15, 2021
Billiebaba:

A friend x5 e53 engine was damaged by overheating today. Engine has refused to start. The mechanic said the head gasket maybe bad and or a warped head cylinder. Please what can he do? Change the gasket and get a new head?? Please advice as I'm skeptical about getting another tokunbo engine that one is not sure of its condition.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (93) (Reply)

Club-Lexus / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.