Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? (2085 Views)

Guys, Can You Go In With Your Wife To Labour Room? / Stages Of Pregnancy From Conception To Birth. (Pictures) / Ways To Make Ur Husband Happy & Think Of You Always (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 18, 2012
I sincerely don't know if this is crazy, but I think I would love to be in the Labour room when my wife is putting to birth! If the medics will let me, I would even love to be @ d receiving end to catch the baby as he or she pops out! Ladies, wotcha think?
I know, it may not be the best of sights *faint-hearted males will definitely pass out* grin, would u let ur Hussy go thru d moment with u? Holding ur hands or something! One thing I know for sure is that this will definitely build some sort of husband-wife-child *family* bond!
Be kind to drop ur thoughts n comments! Tanx
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 18, 2012
people have very extreme views on the subject......some would rather remember the coochie as a tight warm and juicy organ, instead of going in and seeing the toto being torn wide apart by the baby head. (some men never recovered from such sight, lol).
but then again, cutting the umbilical cord is one of the greatest thing that a man can do during the pregnancy, and i would recomment it to anyone. it makes you part of this amazing birth experience.

also, if husband/partner was there all the time while wifey was in labour, then i see no reason why he should suddenly be left out.
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by JallowBah(f): 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
My husband was there through it all, exept for when he went home to get clothes and things for me and the baby wich we forgot in the hurry to go to the hospital..wink
He wanted to be there, and the only thing he did NOT want, was to cut the cord. In my culture, most men do exactly that.

He is a muslim, so for him it was important to whisper the welcome and praying in the ears of our daughter. He was holding my hand the whole time, and under the pushing, he told me he could see the head coming, and told me to stay strong.

I will never forget his face when he saw his girl for the first time, and the happiness he felt when they told us she was perfectly healthysmiley

( This makes me want another one..lol. )
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by nikkyshyne(f): 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2012
^^^^
Eeya, how romantic cheesy @JallowBah

Yes, I want him to be there, holding my hands and wiping my sweaty face grin
Afterall, he put me in that condition, let him deal with it! smiley

I think it'll bring us closer.
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by JallowBah(f): 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2012
nikkyshyne: ^^^^
Eeya, how romantic cheesy @JallowBah

Yes, I want him to be there, holding my hands and wiping my sweaty face grin
Afterall, he put me in that condition, let him deal with it! smiley

I think it'll bring us closer.

Romantic? Naaaaw. Very touching? Absolutelysmiley

I think many men do not expect to feel so..hopeless. They see their wife, the woman they love, go through so much pain, and there is actually NOTHING they can do. But for me, it was enough to have him there. Even though I yelled a few times, and said it was all his fault.. grin

I do believe it got us closer. It is one of the biggest experiences you can share.
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by kay9(m): 8:05pm On Jul 18, 2012
I hope my wife would let me to be there...

I remember when we had my last kid brother and we went to see mumsie in the hospital, our dad looked so helpless... He'd pick up something, put it back, held our mum's hand, touched her face, asked if she wanted this, that... Mom just lookd sooo tired. cry
There and then i decided i'd be there too with my future wife from start to finish.

Now i'm remembering something else... One time our neighbour lost his wife to child birth... He cried and cried and wailed all the way from the hospital to the house. The anguish in his voice... cry cry cry
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 18, 2012
JallowBah:

Romantic? Naaaaw. Very touching? Absolutelysmiley
Very true!

I think many men do not expect to feel so..hopeless. They see their wife, the woman they love, go through so much pain, and there is actually NOTHING they can do.
Very very true!!

But for me, it was enough to have him there. Even though I yelled a few times, and said it was all his fault.. grin

grin. Lolz, I wouldn't mind the yelling

I do believe it got us closer. It is one of the biggest experiences you can share.

Exactly my point!! Tanx for sharing!
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 18, 2012
kay9: I hope my wife would let me to be there...

I remember when we had my last kid brother and we went to see mumsie in the hospital, our dad looked so helpless... He'd pick up something, put it back, held our mum's hand, touched her face, asked if she wanted this, that... Mom just lookd sooo tired. cry
There and then i decided i'd be there too with my future wife from start to finish.

Now i'm remembering something else... One time our neighbour lost his wife to child birth... He cried and cried and wailed all the way from the hospital to the house. The anguish in his voice... cry cry cry

Shai!! Na wa o! May God bless Mothers for us! E no easy!!! Ur neighbour!! Such a sad thing to happen! From where will he start? This life eh!
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by kay9(m): 8:27pm On Jul 18, 2012
^^My brother... For days i heard his cries in my sleep.

Where the ladies na? Come and say if una go want/allow us beside...
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 18, 2012
MRbrownJAY: people have very extreme views on the subject......some would rather remember the coochie as a tight warm and juicy organ, instead of going in and seeing the toto being torn wide apart by the baby head. (some men never recovered from such sight, lol).
but then again, cutting the umbilical cord is one of the greatest thing that a man can do during the pregnancy, and i would recommend it to anyone. it makes you part of this amazing birth experience.

Lolzz! Very funny bro! @ d coochie thingy grin.
I guess u know d story behind d taj mahal in India!! How a grief stricken Emperor built it in memory of his beloved wife who passed on during child birth!! Guess what, she was having her 14th baby! 14 children from one source! Coochie is elastic bro!! U wouldn't miss it! With a trick or two, it can cum bk 2 normalcy like nothing ever happened!

#cutting d umbilical cord? Do they allow that? Lolz! Am in for woteva!!
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by JallowBah(f): 8:54pm On Jul 18, 2012
My husband actually said that that was one of two fears with having a child. The other one was to loose the baby under birth.

BUt my..that pain will stay forever. Everytime you look at the baby, you will know the mother died for the baby. I can not imagine that pain of loosing you spouse..I truly wish I die lying in bed with my husband at a old, old age.
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2012
I was in the labour room when my wife gave birth to both our children. Neither of us would have it any other way - with our new baby (born the 9th July 2012) I also cut the cord. It's an amazing experience, makes me appreciate my wife all the more. cool

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by nikkyshyne(f): 9:06pm On Jul 18, 2012
I lost my mum through childbirth too.

My prayer is to be there for my children and watch them grow and have kids. sad
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 18, 2012
nchewi:

Lolzz! Very funny bro! @ d coochie thingy grin.
I guess u know d story behind d taj mahal in India!! How a grief stricken Emperor built it in memory of his beloved wife who passed on during child birth!! Guess what, she was having her 14th baby! 14 children from one source! Coochie is elastic bro!! U wouldn't miss it! With a trick or two, it can cum bk 2 normalcy like nothing ever happened!

#cutting d umbilical cord? Do they allow that? Lolz! Am in for woteva!!

unless that wifey was taking time between the pregnancies, i doubt the coochie would be the same.....we think it is but it is just that we forgot how extremely tight it was back then. lol!
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 18, 2012
nikkyshyne: I lost my mum through childbirth too.

My prayer is to be there for my children and watch them grow and have kids. sad

Sorry for ur loss nikky! Must have been really hard for u!! I wonder what causes that!
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 18, 2012
Siena: I was in the labour room when my wife gave birth to both our children. Neither of us would have it any other way - with our new baby (born the 9th July 2012) I also cut the cord. It's an amazing experience, makes me appreciate my wife all the more. cool

Congrats Man!!! These r the little joys of life! Looking forward to being a Daddy too in the nearest future!
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by taryour(f): 9:51pm On Jul 18, 2012
I personaly wanted my hubby in d room with me,he was there with me but when the pain became unbearable he was excused and truth be told i forgot everyoda thing on earth existed,d pain was excruciating u could hear my screams outside d hospital.

Either hubby is there or not with wifey,wots most important now is d grace of God.
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:09pm On Jul 18, 2012
kay9:
Where the ladies na? Come and say if una go want/allow us beside...

Yes o, I would want and will def allow him beside me
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

unless that wifey was taking time between the pregnancies, i doubt the coochie would be the same.....we think it is but it is just that we forgot how extremely tight it was back then. lol!

Yea.
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by angiemartinez(f): 11:20pm On Jul 18, 2012
i wil def want him to b dare 4rm start to finish.
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by agiboma(f): 12:31am On Jul 19, 2012
Well i would love my hubby to be in the room with me next time around, even though its gonna be a CS, the support would mean alot.
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 19, 2012
agiboma: Well i would love my hubby to be in the room with me next time around, even though its gonna be a CS, the support would mean alot.

CS? Ah! That's a different ball game entirely o!! Most people wouldn't want 2 see the blade incision and all that! Ur Hussy has to be brave then!!
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by JallowBah(f): 12:49am On Jul 19, 2012
nchewi:

CS? Ah! That's a different ball game entirely o!! Most people wouldn't want 2 see the blade incision and all that! Ur Hussy has to be brave then!!

Most of the time, they put up a blanket between the mothers face and the belly, so if he stands next to her head, he wont see itsmiley
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by Nobody: 12:51am On Jul 19, 2012
taryour: I personaly wanted my hubby in d room with me,he was there with me but when the pain became unbearable he was excused and truth be told i forgot everyoda thing on earth existed,d pain was excruciating u could hear my screams outside d hospital.

Either hubby is there or not with wifey,wots most important now is d grace of God.

No pain, No gain!!
Now Playing: "Sweet Mother" by Prince Nico Mbarga for you!! This is why we always try our best to make Mama proud!
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 19, 2012
JallowBah:

Most of the time, they put up a blanket between the mothers face and the belly, so if he stands next to her head, he wont see itsmiley

Owkay! Seen that in hollywood movies!!
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by UniqueIndiaTour: 10:53am On Nov 30, 2012
A little information about the Taj Mahal Taj mahal tour packages
The Taj Mahal is indeed a wonderful monument. Everyone must visit it once in their lifetime. Emperor Shah Jahan, who built the Taj Mahal in the memory of his departed Queen Mumtaz Mahal, had a harem full of women. Yet in spite of this, he was so much in love with his wife that he created this magnificent mausoleum. The tale is very fascinating.
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by Tobiegal(f): 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2012
Its really an unspeakable experience having hubby right there with you...

When the baby, our son came out... the look on his face was so 'heavenly', he momentarily forgot about me for a few seconds grin...watching the nurses take the baby to clean him...the nurse had to remind him to go back to his wife...

He also stood by me, as i took ma stitch for 2nd degree tear!

By the time i got out of the delivery room, i had almost 20missed calls...and my Dad showed up an hour later!!!

And yes, i'd do it again in a heartbeat!
Re: Ladies, Would U Let Ur Husband Be In The Labour Room While Putting To Birth? by baby124: 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2012
Yep he has to be at the end of the bed, assisting the Dr. Even if he faints, I will wait till they revive him. He MUST watch his handwork and enjoy the sights of his labor. grin grin grin. Abi na me and ghost conceive am?

(1) (Reply)

Couple Recreates A Perfect Picture Of Adam And Eve In Pre-wedding Photo / My Father Wants To Call Police For Me. Should I Runaway From Home? / Her Husband Told Her To Pack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.