Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,196 members, 7,849,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:21 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (309385 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:13am On Nov 15, 2012
emmanuelkim: Please room, In my New Admission letter that my school sent to me, The international coordination started it that TOEFL Is waive, please won't the VO ask for Toefl and what will i told him?

Virtually everyone has the TOEFL waived, mostly grads. So you ain't the first.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 15, 2012
emmanuelkim: Please room, In my New Admission letter that my school sent to me, The international coordination started it that TOEFL Is waive, please won't the VO ask for Toefl and what will i told him?

Don't allow them take it back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by knockout1: 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2012
Pleas house who has ever recieved a package through FEDEX from U.S..cos my package was sent to me through FEDEX Last week thursday and uptill date am yet 2 recieve it..when i try tracking it with the tracking number that was given 2 me it says that their system has no info about any package with that tracking num.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 3:11pm On Nov 15, 2012
knock out: Pleas house who has ever recieved a package through FEDEX from U.S..cos my package was sent to me through FEDEX Last week thursday and uptill date am yet 2 recieve it..when i try tracking it with the tracking number that was given 2 me it says that their system has no info about any package with that tracking num.
I received my 1-20 thru FEDEX nd I got it like 3 working days aftr.. Bt normally it should take 5 working days @ most. Bt the fact that their system does not recognise ur tracking number means sumthng is wrong.So I think you should send an email to the admissions office at the skl nd tell them what's goin on.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by knockout1: 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2012
Tee.tee:

I received my 1-20 thru FEDEX nd I got it like 3 working days aftr.. Bt normally it should take 5 working days @ most. Bt the fact that their system does not recognise ur tracking number means sumthng is wrong.So I think you should send an email to the admissions office at the skl nd tell them what's goin on.
thanks but the school already sent the document to a third party in the states, and third party was the person that sent me the document..am guessing is because i didnt include the 23401 zip code
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 5:27pm On Nov 15, 2012
Please does anyone here know how efficient UPS (United Parcel Services) is in sending mails? I just sent my transcripts going to the US today.
Anyone with an experience?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 5:45pm On Nov 15, 2012
bigfrancis21: Please does anyone here know how efficient UPS (United Parcel Services) is in sending mails? I just sent my transcripts going to the US today.
U should ve ask dis question b4 sending na.The house wil answer u.Anyway,Iwhere ve u bin?hw was ur Gre exam.Fall 2013 hopeful.By God's grace,we wil get there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2012
bigfrancis21: Please does anyone here know how efficient UPS (United Parcel Services) is in sending mails? I just sent my transcripts going to the US today.

I got my I-20 the third day from US through UPS but don't know about sending from Nigeria with them. I guess it should be the same thing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2012
knock out: thanks but the school already sent the document to a third party in the states, and third party was the person that sent me the document..am guessing is because i didnt include the 23401 zip code

23401 is not a naija zip code ooo, its for Keller, Virginia
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by wasiushina: 6:27pm On Nov 15, 2012
seedord247:

Bros i dey ooo . . .I'm happy for you ooo. . . I just dey corner they watch una success dey flow like

Boko haram bomb. grin

I welcomed you guys to the United State of Destiny.

This is where the real journey begins. . . cool

No one will loan you money not to talk of dash you.

No family or frnds is ready to harbor you at home for free. smiley

The only resources yiou got is you, yourself and nobody.

If you are not disciplined better take the class before coming.

If you easily get aggressive, better take anger management before coming bcus pple wey craze passs u dey here.

If you spend money unwisely go and learn macro economic bcus every cents here is useful.

If you are the type that cant live without frnds and family. . . You better have your pillow with you

bcus you fit not even see your neighbor for months and your best frnd will be your gadgets. (depends on the state sha.) sad

No excuse for ignorance here, if you make any mistake, admit it to yourself and plan way out or else you are OYO. . . undecided

If any of your frnds tell you say dem dey et fried rice for house . . na lie oo . . na burger and diet coke them eat. grin

USA is sweeet but only few enjoyed it.

wishing you guys the best of the best as you land the of the Brave.

Note: . . Pls know the kind of pple you walk with . . That's the most important thing, bcus the only thing wey sure pass for USA is prison.

And their prison start from 3 yrs upward. grin grin

Thanks for the advice giving to the successful visa applicant...i am expecting my form I-20 from my School.I applied for Graduate certificate in information securty management and i have been offered admission with school.But, the school didnt request for GRE and TOEFL.Although i wrote TOEFL exam anyway.So in want to know if not have GRE certificate could prevent me from getting the Visa or not?.While i wait for my I-20 i need you to advice me on what i need to prepare for the VISA interview..Thanks and cheers.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 15, 2012
knock out: thanks but the school already sent the document to a third party in the states, and third party was the person that sent me the document..am guessing is because i didnt include the 23401 zip code

What is 23401? Mailing or telephoning?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 6:44pm On Nov 15, 2012
kpolli:

Contrary to that...23401 is actually Nigeria's zip code for Lagos!....it's widely accepted...i dunno where you got your facts from bro...but i guess google is the best shot at seeking for info...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 8:36pm On Nov 15, 2012
Naija general zip code is 23401
kpolli:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 15, 2012
dnpasion: Naija general zip code is 23401

Nigerian zip code is 6 digits. 234 is for telephone. 01 is Lagos.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 9:34pm On Nov 15, 2012
Where the hell do you guys get ur info from?

Have you googled it?? Naija does not have a zip code. . . . What is a zip code?

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=23401+zip+code&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x89ba2d80e91de905:0x8dbbbeed7d8705ec,Keller,+VA+23401&gl=us&ei=PVGlUJHvLuLM2AXp2YCADw&ved=0CKUBELYD

If you really googled 23401, the first posts you wud have seen is fraud alert. . . .

Stop spreading false info. . . . Widely accepted kor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 9:36pm On Nov 15, 2012
ferdimako:

Nigerian zip code is 6 digits. 234 is for telephone. 01 is Lagos.

Are you minding them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 10:01pm On Nov 15, 2012

I'm sure the problem cnt be from the zip code , cz the zip code for receiving mails is 23401 and the (01) for lagos , I hv used it several times and got my mails delivered , its what I used for my toefl and I got it delivered to my house, my opinion ask ur sender to confirm d tracking number, since the respond u "said" were getting was dt the tracking code cnt b found, if am right? let's not confuse ourselves pls , we hv a mailing code in 9ja and its 234 (01) for lagos and diff numbers for diff states ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 10:05pm On Nov 15, 2012
knock out: Pleas house who has ever recieved a package through FEDEX from U.S..cos my package was sent to me through FEDEX Last week thursday and uptill date am yet 2 recieve it..when i try tracking it with the tracking number that was given 2 me it says that their system has no info about any package with that tracking num.

NOTE THIS :
.".when i try tracking
it with the tracking number that was given 2 me
it says that their system has no info about any
package with that tracking num."

This has nothing to do with zip code pls .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 10:11pm On Nov 15, 2012
ferdimako:

What is 23401? Mailing or telephoning?
You can ask the sender to give you a tracking number. Go to FEDEXs` or whoever the mailing companys website and track your document.
Trust me, you will start sleeping through the night.

To chime in on the zip code, I always use 00000 for Nigeria if they insist on one since we don`t use zip codes. I use it on forms and everything that requires a Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 10:20pm On Nov 15, 2012
U shld just tell d person to prolly call fedex customer care nd explain d situation to them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronald2g1(m): 10:29pm On Nov 15, 2012
@house is it ok for my friend to wear his glasses cos he wasn't wearin one as at the time he did his intl passport. Or shuld he snap d 2x2 pic wiv his glasses on?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 10:54pm On Nov 15, 2012
ronald2g1: @house is it ok for my friend to wear his glasses cos he wasn't wearin one as at the time he did his intl passport. Or shuld he snap d 2x2 pic wiv his glasses on?

Not necessarily. I don`t take passport photos with my glasses on and I have never gotten in trouble with that.
He needs to wear his glasses to his interview though so he could hear the questions. I use glasses and when I don`t have them on, for some reason, my ears don`t work. I think when you wear glasses you hear with your eyes; I don`t know how that works......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2012
kpolli,

Lagos, Nigeria is 23401. I use that all the time and my mails never go to Virginia, USA. Really, it's a dialing code for Lagos, Nigeria but in the case where zip code is required, it serves the same function.

@knock out,

Even without that code, your mail should get to it's destination safely. What matters in the case of country like Nigeria is the full traceable address within each state in Nigeria. If I write my address as this:

1111111, Oba Akran Road,
Ikeja, Lagos,
Nigeria.

It's enough to get my mail to the above address from any country in the world.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 11:19pm On Nov 15, 2012
Kpolli et al ...

All of you are right, kind of.

While, strictly, 234xxx is NOT a postal/code, courier/mailing services understand it when one uses the country+state code in its place, so yes one could say it's "widely" accepted.

And, yes, Nigeria does actually have ACTUAL post/zip codes (see link below)! It's just surprising that they are never used!! One's mail would even have a higher chance of getting delivered if the 234 version is used. This somewhat contributes to the inefficiency of our mailing system.

http://www.nigeriapostcodes.com/views/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 11:32pm On Nov 15, 2012
I only responded to the poster not to be afraid cos naija's official zip code is not 23401 so that can't be the reason he wasnt seeing the tracked info until some ppl who knew best tried to challenge knowledge. . . .

Beware do not use 23401 on sites like paypal. . . . Your mailing international so the 23401 we all use is discarded. . . Zip code is for couriers to know their nearest location to ur residence is. . . I have used 23401 well before but I just needed to clear the air before we continue saying 23401 is naija's zip code. . . one day ur mail wud go to virginia. . . .

Plus seriously google 23401, and read what it says. . . . Before you know it, it would be blacklisted. . . . Biofem is actually right 00000 is supposed to be our official zip code

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronald2g1(m): 12:02am On Nov 16, 2012
biofem2000:

Not necessarily. I don`t take passport photos with my glasses on and I have never gotten in trouble with that.
He needs to wear his glasses to his interview though so he could hear the questions. I use glasses and when I don`t have them on, for some reason, my ears don`t work. I think when you wear glasses you hear with your eyes; I don`t know how that works......
@biofem thank u... Will keep him informed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by knockout1: 1:09am On Nov 16, 2012
Tee.tee:

U shld just tell d person to prolly call fedex customer care nd explain d situation to them
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by knockout1: 1:11am On Nov 16, 2012
imperiouxx: kpolli,

Lagos, Nigeria is 23401. I use that all the time and my mails never go to Virginia, USA. Really, it's a dialing code for Lagos, Nigeria but in the case where zip code is required, it serves the same function.

@knock out,

Even without that code, your mail should get to it's destination safely. What matters in the case of country like Nigeria is the full traceable address within each state in Nigeria. If I write my address as this:

1111111, Oba Akran Road,
Ikeja, Lagos,
Nigeria.

It's enough to get my mail to the above address.
thanks still waiting on it..cos i was told it takes jst 3days, now is taking a week plus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 1:13am On Nov 16, 2012
knock out: thanks still waiting on it..cos i was told it takes jst 3days, now is taking a week plus

Like tee.tee said, the best option is to tell/beg the person who sent it in US to call FEDEX US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 5:15am On Nov 16, 2012
kpolli: I only responded to the poster not to be afraid cos naija's official zip code is not 23401 so that can't be the reason he wasnt seeing the tracked info until some ppl who knew best tried to challenge knowledge. . . .

Beware do not use 23401 on sites like paypal. . . . Your mailing international so the 23401 we all use is discarded. . . Zip code is for couriers to know their nearest location to ur residence is. . . I have used 23401 well before but I just needed to clear the air before we continue saying 23401 is naija's zip code. . . one day ur mail wud go to virginia. . . .

Plus seriously google 23401, and read what it says. . . . Before you know it, it would be blacklisted. . . . Biofem is actually right 00000 is supposed to be our official zip code
Kpolli...the only reason i didn't respond to your reply was just because you seem to want to put up a quarrel about the zip code thing and i like playing safe...all i know is that i do use 23401 or 23402 for ibadan and my mails got to me...but i don't think it should really be an issue...more so we all understand english and know how to seek answers (replying to your "what is a zip code" question)...i didn't expect such question in the context in which you used it 'cos i could read a thousand and one meanings to that question the way you asked it...no hard feelings bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 16, 2012
walex57:
Kpolli...the only reason i didn't respond to your reply was just because you seem to want to put up a quarrel about the zip code thing and i like playing safe...all i know is that i do use 23401 or 23402 for ibadan and my mails got to me...but i don't think it should really be an issue...more so we all understand english and know how to seek answers (replying to your "what is a zip code" question)...i didn't expect such question in the context in which you used it 'cos i could read a thousand and one meanings to that question the way you asked it...no hard feelings bro.

Guy, for the fact you have been using 23401 and 23402 and having your stuff delivered does not mean they are correct. When you go to the US pls get the correct zip code of where u live or work. 234 is for calling Nigeria and when you go to a NIPOST office your street zip code will be revealed to you. Because Nigeria does not make most use of their zip codes, should not make us tell others to stick to a wrong thing. My area zip code here in Jos is 930282.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by franklynx(m): 7:06am On Nov 16, 2012
plz houz kindly help me on dis ASAP..

Because i needed to schedule an interview date ASAP,i quickly answered only the security question on the DS-160 page which then generated a DS-160 Confirmation code which i den picked an interview date with..As i wanted 2 continue filling the DS-160 form,my system logged off and on restarting my system,to continue with the DS-160,i culdn't find/log-in with my initial DS-160 confirmation code in which i scheduled an interview with and anoda DS-160 code was automatically generated which means that the DS-160 Code on my interview confirmation is now different from that on the new DS-160 form i now filling..is there any problem with that.. if yes,how can i get my initial DS-160 CONFIRMATION CODE back so that it will be the same as that in the interview confirmation..?? or shey e no mata at all..pls help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.