Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,179 members, 7,849,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:42 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (309379 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Karioska(m): 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2012
[/color][color=#990000]@ House Please do i have to pay for another servis fee if i am transfering to another school after 1yr of study.
Also pls can someone send me gre and toefl materials to my email karioska@yahoo.com as efforts to unzip imperious links proved abortive.
lastly i will like to know which of the universities (based on experience)give full funding to Petroleum/chem Eng graduate students...
Please i will appreciate a prompt firsthand info.
@King am still waiting for you to mail me your phone number.
Thank you all in anticipation of an informed response... Happy Diwali and Happy Thanksgiving...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 2:10pm On Nov 18, 2012
[quote author=sagaa]Dear fellow Nairalanders, der is a part in the DS-160 form which asks "Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa"? let me xplain my case..
I have once been a victim of circumstance when i applied for F-1 visa wif my Naija "P" which had a resident permit on it cos i was living in GHANA then in 2003(but now expired and now changed to an e- passport 2012) for my undergrad studies @the US embassy in GHANA(Accra) and was involved in/accused of presenting a forged WAEC result/certificate...hence i was denied. So,i came bak 2 naija in 2004,had my BSc in one of the UNIVERSITIES,graduated 2008,served NYSC,have 3yrs working exp.in d oil and gas sector,and i hv just been issued my I-20 for MSc. for d Spring semester 2013. Of cuz i nw have a new E-passport and nw bak to d main Question-"Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa"? pls house wat wud be my response to the bolded question above? shud i say 'NO' cos i had my interview in GHANA in 2003 and dat the passport is nw expired and changed to an e-Passport or tell the truth(YES)and explain on the interview day when asked by presenting the Original WAEC Certificate ..and even if i want to tell the truth, do i need to explain all that transpired on the space provided in the DS-160 form.. I wud be having my interview in LAGOS nxt month..i took d GRE,TOEFL,good statement of account.. etc. I am worried it might have an effect on the outcome of my visa interview nxt month.. i donno.. pls reply ASAP ..housemates..
N.B- I took the Biometrics(finger-print)then at the US Embassy in GHANA 2003.[/quuote]

You have only one answer option to that question and it's a yes. Like someone has already advised, tell them the copy of your statement of result which you presented did not convince the vo of its authenticity.

Also, try go with your original waec certificate if you have it. All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by aeda: 5:24pm On Nov 18, 2012
square65 is right.......your answer is YES....be straightforward with this guys and tell 'em the truth which they may already know ..and if they already know and ask u and you lie, it would be like the accusations in ghana were true ...these guys hate lies ...to avoid unnecessary problems !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:37pm On Nov 18, 2012
sagaa: Dear fellow Nairalanders, der is a part in the DS-160 form which asks "Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa"? let me xplain my case..
I have once been a victim of circumstance when i applied for F-1 visa wif my Naija "P" which had a resident permit on it cos i was living in GHANA then in 2003(but now expired and now changed to an e- passport 2012) for my undergrad studies @the US embassy in GHANA(Accra) and was involved in/accused of presenting a forged WAEC result/certificate...hence i was denied. So,i came bak 2 naija in 2004,had my BSc in one of the UNIVERSITIES,graduated 2008,served NYSC,have 3yrs working exp.in d oil and gas sector,and i hv just been issued my I-20 for MSc. for d Spring semester 2013. Of cuz i nw have a new E-passport and nw bak to d main Question-"Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa"? pls house wat wud be my response to the bolded question above? shud i say 'NO' cos i had my interview in GHANA in 2003 and dat the passport is nw expired and changed to an e-Passport or tell the truth(YES)and explain on the interview day when asked by presenting the Original WAEC Certificate ..and even if i want to tell the truth, do i need to explain all that transpired on the space provided in the DS-160 form.. I wud be having my interview in LAGOS nxt month..i took d GRE,TOEFL,good statement of account.. etc. I am worried it might have an effect on the outcome of my visa interview nxt month.. i donno.. pls reply ASAP ..housemates..
N.B- I took the Biometrics(finger-print)then at the US Embassy in GHANA 2003.

Have u rectified ur WAEC issue now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:16pm On Nov 18, 2012
@sagaa,

Saying yes or no, reason for every denial is there on every denied application. Even after 10 years, the reason will always pop up. Knowing that fact, then use any good suggestion you've been given so far.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 7:30pm On Nov 18, 2012
imperiouxx: @sagaa,

Saying the reason or not, reason for every denial is there on every denied application. Even after 10 years, the reason will always pop up. Knowing that fact, then use any good suggestion you've been given so far.

@ imperioux wn u say d reason for every denial is always thr what about people dt do not kw why they were denied cz I kw thr people dt fall in dt category, just asking what would thr reasons b wn filling another ds-160?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2012
s-beauty :

@ imperioux wn u say d reason for every denial is always thr what about people dt do not kw why they were denied cz I kw thr people dt fall in dt category, just asking what would thr reasons b wn filling another ds-160?

They always give u a slip atleast saying u didnt convince them enuff
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 10:53pm On Nov 18, 2012
s-beauty :

I said this several times, I was asked when filling new DS160 and I replied that I gave the interview my best shot but the decision for my denial is best know to the officer that attended to me that day. That cost nothing to my next application. For those envisaging for such question during interview, they hardly ask why were you denied during interview, only like the DS160 ''Have you been denied before?""
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by emmanuelkim: 8:08am On Nov 19, 2012
House i saw this comment on my appointment form, Please house, what does this mean?"Please note that one or more of the DS-160 numbers used to schedule this appointment can not be validated.
Incorrect DS-160 numbers may lead to a delay in being processed"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 1:22pm On Nov 19, 2012
My F-1 visa got approved dis mrng @ d lagos embassy.... It ws just God o!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by sbeauty1(f): 1:36pm On Nov 19, 2012
Tee.tee:

Congrat....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2012
Tee.tee:
So happy for you.pls share your experience. Congrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by elkharpone: 2:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
Tee.tee:
congrats!!! Kindly post your experience
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by screamie(f): 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
Tee.tee:

Congratulations and I wish you all the best in your studies here in the US.

To prospective undergraduate applicants, make sure you write the SAT,believe it or not, it immediately makes you stand out as a serious student.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by diamond30: 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2012
Hello Justwise, i was refused a US study M-1base on the ground that i was not able to convince the consulate of my return adn secondly, i told them i work with a saloon as my course is cosmetology. am suppose to resume January, i was told i should not have told the consulate i work with a salon. what do i do and when can i reapply?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 3:39pm On Nov 19, 2012
M-1 or F-1?
diamond30: Hello Justwise, i was refused a US study M-1base on the ground that i was not able to convince the consulate of my return adn secondly, i told them i work with a saloon as my course is cosmetology. am suppose to resume January, i was told i should not have told the consulate i work with a salon. what do i do and when can i reapply?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
Tee.tee:

Hi Miss. tea.tea, hope the heavy load in your mind is taken off now? When we got His YES, no VO can say no, Congrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 4:44pm On Nov 19, 2012
@tee tee abeg share your experience o! Happy for you girl smileygrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 4:44pm On Nov 19, 2012
@tee tee abeg share your experience o! Happy for you gurl smileygrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronald2g1(m): 4:57pm On Nov 19, 2012
I thank Almighty Allah for his mercy on me. @house I got my f1 visa today at the lagos embassy, although I was scared because the guy @ dlast counter denied all students that approachd him and my no appeard on his side. But with experiences frm nairaland both the success ones and denial (because if they didn't hv d courage to post deir denial u probably uldnt hv learnt frm deir mistakes) and self confidence and God factor, I was d first guy today that d lastguy gv a visa and also a 10am appointmnt for that matter. I thank nairaland gurus, imperious, kpooli, walex biofem and others that I hv failed to mention. God bless u all! Advice for odas is be confidence, study u skul faculty n use a research study to convince vo, and also talk wiv prove, as he was askin, I was sayin answrs n showin documnts wivout him even askin. Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by drslip: 5:02pm On Nov 19, 2012
@ Ronaald2g...Congrats my Gee..told ya yu were gonna get it. CONGRATS!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 5:09pm On Nov 19, 2012
imperiouxx:

Hi Miss. tea.tea, hope the heavy load in your mind is taken off now? When we got His YES, no VO can say no, Congrats!
Thanks evrybdy!... @ imperioux lol.. Yes it is o! Here's how it went............
I got to d American embassy around past 6 in d morning.. My interview ws scheduled for 8. By the tym they called us in to chck our documents.. It ws lyk almost 9.. Then by past 10 I got into the interview room nd I was soo tired... I was ivn feelng sleepy self. Lol.. My Number appeared on d screen and I was intervied by 1 white guy lyk dat... He was already denyn pple nyhw so I ws scared bt I told my self not to b nervous kus d worse dat could hve happened is dat he'll say dey cnt approve me @ dat tym nd I'll re-apply again.
My Interviw-:
Me: Good Morning
VO:Mrng, Y do u wnt to go to America 2day?
Me: for my undergraduate study in business administration
VO: wht skls did u apply to?
Me:told him 3 other skls... Nd I nmed them.. Then I told him I didn't complete d application for d others kus dis was my first choice nd i got an admission decision earlier than I expected
VO:so u applid to just dis one skl?
Me: no, I completed the application to just dis skl
VO: did u write SAT's?
ME: yh
VO: wht ws ur score?!
ME: 1770
VO: what was ur essay like in d exam
Me: I described it....... Me I ws ivn happy he asked dat question kus I love dat essay nd I ivn gave examples self nd I'm sure dat impressed hm.. I was so sure of myself on dis questn.. Lol
VO: okay. So whuz gna pay?
Me: My Godmother
VO: wht does she do?
Me: shez a medical doctor
VO: in America or nigeria?
ME: no Nigeria.. Nd she has cold room businesses in nigeria and cotonou
Vo: oh. U mean cold storage?
ME: I said yh, basically.....
VO:okay.. Here's wht's gna happen... U shld pick up ur visa @ ikeja on monday.. But u knw u cnt enter the united States mre than 30 days to d start of ur studies?.
ME:yeah. Thnk u very much....
NOTE: he didn't ask for ny document o! Not ivn my SAT score report! D whld interview ws less dan 2 minutes! It ws just God o!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mrswagger: 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
Tee.tee:
Thanks evrybdy!... @ imperioux lol.. Yes it is o! Here's how it went............
I got to d American embassy around past 6 in d morning.. My interview ws scheduled for 8. By the tym they called us in to chck our documents.. It ws lyk almost 9.. Then by past 10 I got into the interview room nd I was soo tired... I was ivn feelng sleepy self. Lol.. My Number appeared on d screen and I was intervied by 1 white guy lyk dat... He was already denyn pple nyhw so I ws scared bt I told my self not to b nervous kus d worse dat could hve happened is dat he'll say dey cnt approve me @ dat tym nd I'll re-apply again.
My Interviw-:
Me:told him 3 other skls... Nd I nmed them.. Then I told him I didn't complete d application for d others kus dis was my first choice nd i got an admission decision earlier than I expected
Me: I described it....... Me I ws ivn happy he asked dat question kus I love dat essay nd I ivn gave examples self nd I'm sure dat impressed hm.. I was so sure of myself on dis questn.. Lol
VO:okay.. Here's wht's gna happen... U shld pick up ur visa @ ikeja on monday.. But u knw u cnt enter the united States mre than 30 days to d start of ur studies?.
NOTE: he didn't ask for ny document o! Not ivn my SAT score report! D whld interview ws less dan 2 minutes! It ws just God o!
Tee.tee:
My Interviw-:
Tee.tee:
My Interviw-:

Congrats @Tee.Tee for ur visa success. It was God oooo. Mehn I must confess u did really good on your SAT. I hope u got scholarship from ur school. Maybe it's even becos of d high SAT score he gave u dt visa. So hw old r u? because I intend going for undergraduate as well, I will like to know if age plays another factor on visa success.. Congrats once again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronald2g1(m): 6:03pm On Nov 19, 2012
Here's hw d interview went
Me: good morning with a big smile
Vo: goodmornin, pls pass ur docs, he tried pronouncin my name so I sharply cut in to pronounce it better for him
Vo: why mph?
Me: I told him that I want to become part of the much desired change the health sector desperately needs, so public health will equip me with the skills to a be a competent practioner , researcher thru learnin abt issues that affect disease prevent and control...
Vo : why workin in a hotel if mph
Me : I sharply cut in n told him, its my dads hotel and cos my dad is a king, so I was helping outm
Vo: why uni of missour?
Me: I told him, I first read one of my lecturers article abt hiv in 2010, kay libbus that she did for WHO, And I briefly xplained hiv types n horizontal n vertical transmission, and I told him I check d school on ceph to see if they were accredited. He noded, I mentiond a few importnt lectures in d faculty ( I was talkin very fast o)
Vo: did u do any exams?
Me : yes, I said gre n toefl, he collectd only gre, he saw dat I did d gre twice, first one in 2010 wiv 700 score and the new one wiv 305, I sharply xplained dat I wasn't prepared first time cos I tot I could nail d exam, he said I performed better, I said yes that I did tutorial lessons to improve, he den askd d mathematical areas in gre, I just said some basic maths stuff lol.
Vo : what are your future plans?
Me : I told him I plan to launch d first health radio in nigeria wiv support frm my dad and also launch my CPPP program wich is comunity pollution partnership program he nods again.( @dis time I knew I was gettin his consent buh dunno if I was too confidence meanin suspicious
Vo : pls come and collect ur visa on so so date. Even d pple wey dey ard were sayin congrats o cos I won't lie d guy na real pschologist. Thank God guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 6:07pm On Nov 19, 2012
My interview is next. I need words of advice and encouragement. I'm so happy for the good news from tee tee and Ronald2g1.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 6:15pm On Nov 19, 2012
YAY!!! Today is a GREAT DAY! Love the testimonies .... Congrats. Proud of yall! grin grin Ronald, I must say that you're a very SHARP MAN! You seem like a go-getter with your interview. Very impressive.

Great motivation for those next.

Tee.tee:

ronald2g1: I thank Almighty Allah for his mercy on me. @house I got my f1 visa today at the lagos embassy, although I was scared because the guy @ dlast counter denied all students that approachd him and my no appeard on his side. But with experiences frm nairaland both the success ones and denial (because if they didn't hv d courage to post deir denial u probably uldnt hv learnt frm deir mistakes) and self confidence and God factor, I was d first guy today that d lastguy gv a visa and also a 10am appointmnt for that matter. I thank nairaland gurus, imperious, kpooli, walex biofem and others that I hv failed to mention. God bless u all! Advice for odas is be confidence, study u skul faculty n use a research study to convince vo, and also talk wiv prove, as he was askin, I was sayin answrs n showin documnts wivout him even askin. Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
Tee.tee:

Congrats dear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
diamond30: Hello Justwise, i was refused a US study M-1base on the ground that i was not able to convince the consulate of my return adn secondly, i told them i work with a saloon as my course is cosmetology. am suppose to resume January, i was told i should not have told the consulate i work with a salon. what do i do and when can i reapply?

Question directed at Justwise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2012
ronald2g1: I thank Almighty Allah for his mercy on me. @house I got my f1 visa today at the lagos embassy, although I was scared because the guy @ dlast counter denied all students that approachd him and my no appeard on his side. But with experiences frm nairaland both the success ones and denial (because if they didn't hv d courage to post deir denial u probably uldnt hv learnt frm deir mistakes) and self confidence and God factor, I was d first guy today that d lastguy gv a visa and also a 10am appointmnt for that matter. I thank nairaland gurus, imperious, kpooli, walex biofem and others that I hv failed to mention. God bless u all! Advice for odas is be confidence, study u skul faculty n use a research study to convince vo, and also talk wiv prove, as he was askin, I was sayin answrs n showin documnts wivout him even askin. Lol

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 6:34pm On Nov 19, 2012
Mamacita007: My interview is next. I need words of advice and encouragement. I'm so happy for the good news from tee tee and Ronald2g1.

With all u've shown here, u should be able to handle any VO, best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 6:55pm On Nov 19, 2012
ronald2g1: Here's hw d interview went
Me: good morning with a big smile
Vo: goodmornin, pls pass ur docs, he tried pronouncin my name so I sharply cut in to pronounce it better for him
Vo: why mph?
Me: I told him that I want to become part of the much desired change the health sector desperately needs, so public health will equip me with the skills to a be a competent practioner , researcher thru learnin abt issues that affect disease prevent and control...
Vo : why workin in a hotel if mph
Me : I sharply cut in n told him, its my dads hotel and cos my dad is a king, so I was helping outm
Vo: why uni of missour?
Me: I told him, I first read one of my lecturers article abt hiv in 2010, kay libbus that she did for WHO, And I briefly xplained hiv types n horizontal n vertical transmission, and I told him I check d school on ceph to see if they were accredited. He noded, I mentiond a few importnt lectures in d faculty ( I was talkin very fast o)
Vo: did u do any exams?
Me : yes, I said gre n toefl, he collectd only gre, he saw dat I did d gre twice, first one in 2010 wiv 700 score and the new one wiv 305, I sharply xplained dat I wasn't prepared first time cos I tot I could nail d exam, he said I performed better, I said yes that I did tutorial lessons to improve, he den askd d mathematical areas in gre, I just said some basic maths stuff lol.
Vo : what are your future plans?
Me : I told him I plan to launch d first health radio in nigeria wiv support frm my dad and also launch my CPPP program wich is comunity pollution partnership program he nods again.( @dis time I knew I was gettin his consent buh dunno if I was too confidence meanin suspicious
Vo : pls come and collect ur visa on so so date. Even d pple wey dey ard were sayin congrats o cos I won't lie d guy na real pschologist. Thank God guys

Congrats o! Did u leave ur I-20 nd sevis receipt wiv them along wiv ur passport? D guy didn't return mine o.. It's normal ryt?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ronald2g1(m): 7:26pm On Nov 19, 2012
@teetee , yeah I did o

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.