Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,697 members, 7,851,382 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:09 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (309539 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mamacita007(f): 12:55am On Dec 09, 2012
Manweysabi: God, give me the strength to read over this thread from season 1 to season3. Goin' on a personal adventure... US here we go!

True true u be man wey sabi. If u read everything, you will be more confident on ur interview. God will not allow ur effort to be in vain.
Ok now some of my spring people av nt posted deir experience yet like Mr Chris. Abi una don 4get una password? Let's celebrate wit u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:23am On Dec 09, 2012
ronakoks:
I finally booked my date for 18th dec in lagos. How I wish i didnt have to travel to lagos for this interveiwe.. Well... it only makes it even more worth it when i eventually get the visa. ... Now im preping and prayin harder.

@imperiouxx, will vo make reference to my first interveiwe?...

Can someone who has been to lagos consulate recently give me an idea of what to expect from VOs in lagos. Are they harsh? do they give u time to express yourself(Abuja VOs let you express urslf well). What are the most frequent questions dey asking F1s applicants this time around..? Are dey asking for transcripts,.. cos i dont have one, my school doesnt give transcripts to students(strict policy).

No. They can see you've been denied before with the comment left by the VO that denied you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by talk2D: 4:14am On Dec 09, 2012
Yvete:

To qualify for Intl scholarships, you must write SAT & TOEFL, show proof of admission to a 4-yr College and also prepare to write excellent essays as required. I donno how to send PM on Nairaland. Perhaps I could send you 3 scholarship links privately.
There are more scholarships for women in technical/engineering fields though. I applied for the AAUW this year.
-@-
Thank U.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 7:13am On Dec 09, 2012
@ house: pls can someone get to take a passport photograph as early as 7am at the Lagos us embassy? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 8:21am On Dec 09, 2012
Yh u can
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Teetee6(f): 8:24am On Dec 09, 2012
@Ollyboy1
Yh u can
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 09, 2012
ollyboy1: @ house: pls can someone get to take a passport photograph as early as 7am at the Lagos us embassy? Thanks

Yeah but it's N1,500 only.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by justwise(m): 12:40pm On Dec 09, 2012
You can now vote for your Travel Section poster of the year here, the nomination has ended, three people that got the highest number of nominations are up for vote..

https://www.nairaland.com/1127287/vote-travel-section-poster-year
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 1:14pm On Dec 09, 2012
Tee.tee:
@Ollyboy1
Yh u can

@ tee.tee: thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 1:14pm On Dec 09, 2012
ferdimako:

Yeah but it's N1,500 only.

@ ferdimako: Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shoggie(m): 1:41pm On Dec 09, 2012
House : I came across this blog sometimes end of last month. I could not imagine how I could have managed those VOs exquisitely without this blog. Kudos to all adherents!So far, I have read majority of the posts but I just find something missing perhaps because I am new to the blog. I want to pay my SEVIS fee & do not know how to go about it. I want to ask if I can pay for the SEVIS fee through Western Union personally through dormiciliary account. Also, Can I use Nigeria address as mailing address or I need to make use of US address? How many days will it take to get the receipt here in Nigeria? Thanks in advance as am waiting patiently for your reply!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Seunbunmi(m): 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2012
@Yvete
Please can you also send me the links for the scholarships too, benjamin_tosin@yahoo.com. Tanx for all the help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by diddy11(m): 9:05pm On Dec 09, 2012
Goodevening house, I neeed information as par travelling to the united states. I have a friend who has only travelled once to the uk who wants to now apply for an american visa.would you advise him to? Thanks house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:23pm On Dec 09, 2012
diddy11: Goodevening house, I neeed information as par travelling to the united states. I have a friend who has only travelled once to the uk who wants to now apply for an american visa.would you advise him to? Thanks house

Why not? Anyway, this is US student thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2012
shoggie: House : I came across this blog sometimes end of last month. I could not imagine how I could have managed those VOs exquisitely without this blog. Kudos to all adherents!So far, I have read majority of the posts but I just find something missing perhaps because I am new to the blog. I want to pay my SEVIS fee & do not know how to go about it. I want to ask if I can pay for the SEVIS fee through Western Union personally through dormiciliary account. Also, Can I use Nigeria address as mailing address or I need to make use of US address? How many days will it take to get the receipt here in Nigeria? Thanks in advance as am waiting patiently for your reply!

Western union can't be paid in Nigeria, so I doubt if the domiciliary will work. Yes your Nigeria as well as US address can be your recipient address. Whichever convenient for you. As per paying the sevis, you can use GTN(Ikeja)/GIEVA(where ever)/go to Cotonou, Benin Rep/friend&family in countries western can be paid.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 11:41pm On Dec 09, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by earthgreeners(m): 1:21am On Dec 10, 2012
justwise: You can now vote for your Travel Section poster of the year here, the nomination has ended, three people that got the highest number of nominations are up for vote..

https://www.nairaland.com/1127287/vote-travel-section-poster-year

Temmytanny got my Vote
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 4:19am On Dec 10, 2012
payne4real: I have d list of visa interview question n some answers.have being following the post from part 1. I just want to kw if my answers are ok. tnks @yvete.

If you typed it already, you can send it to me and I'd give my honest opinion that you'd take with a grain of salt cos' I don't know it all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jimtosam: 4:51am On Dec 10, 2012
diddy11: Goodevening house, I neeed information as par travelling to the united states. I have a friend who has only travelled once to the uk who wants to now apply for an american visa.would you advise him to? Thanks house

I'm sorry sir, this thread focus on students furthering their education in USA not traveling to USA. Anybody can apply for students VISA if he has been admitted to a school in the US. Even, the UK trip experience is a plus.

Tell him to study this thread from the beginning and I promise him a swell time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by diddy11(m): 6:01am On Dec 10, 2012
Good morning house, I neeed information as par travelling to the united states. I have a friend who has only travelled once to the uk who wants to now apply for an american visa.would you advise him to? Thanks house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Leripa(m): 6:03am On Dec 10, 2012
diddy11: Good morning house, I neeed information as par travelling to the united states. I have a friend who has only travelled once to the uk who wants to now apply for an american visa.would you advise him to? Thanks house

Take time to read the comment above your last post.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dtabimbola(m): 8:35am On Dec 10, 2012
Good morning house.
Pls I rescheduled my interview date, here is what appeared along with my, appointment page. Pls what it is the meaning and consequence of this...

Timely advice wil be highly appreciated.

PLEASE NOTE THAT ONE OR MORE OF THE DS-160 NUMBERS USED TO SCHEDULE THIS APPOINTMENT CAN NOT BE VALIDATED.
INCORRECT DS-160 NUMBERS MAY LEAD TO A DELAY IN BEING PROCESSED.

Thks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kazzy78: 9:10am On Dec 10, 2012
Please i had an interview at the high commission on the 18th October,2012 for B1 and B2
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by talk2D: 10:03am On Dec 10, 2012
kazzy78: Please i had an interview at the high commission on the 18th October,2012 for B1 and B2
Kazzy78 is typing...
Right?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by airroseice(m): 10:15am On Dec 10, 2012
imperiouxx:

First of all, congrats that you went through the previous threads and I know by now, you should be confident and know what you are expecting/expected of you. Now to your questions

First bold: That has big effect on your chance. Few escape it by chance but many didn't.
Second bold: My passport was clean without any visa, blemish-less and shinning too, also many other people that got their visas the very first time.
Third bold: You remind me of one of my best Joe song - Stutter Please, you have to control being tensed that could led to S...st...stu...stutt.......ering. Joe said the girl was lying even by stuttering.
Fourth bold: People said IT field is easy to cross to. If you look at it this way, many things are centralize on IT these days. You can relate what you called not much in geography and regional planning(Geographic Information System) to your crave for IT, magnify it, polish it well in the presence of the VO. Believe me, you are the only one that knows it's small part of geography but no one else, your brain is needed in US and that starts from their embassy. You are a graduate student, US wants people like you of good talent who when integrated into their system, more value is added to their country.

Fourth bold: Best of Luck to you all

Many thanks to you @imperiouxx I really appreciate this, I'll take your advise into consideration. I hope to come back with a testimony as my interview has been scheduled for Thursday the 13th.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by airroseice(m): 10:21am On Dec 10, 2012
Snazzygirl: @ Eros, although no one is 100% sure whether GrE/Toefl increase/decrease chances of getting F1 visa, it is safe to write one of the tests since it potrays one as a serious student cz most schools require @ least one type of standardisd test. Since ur interview date is close, try and get gre/toefl waiver from ur school so u can present it @ d embassy. Being nervous is a normal thing during interviews, u jst av to control urself. It's ok to smile but don't laugh when nothing is funny.Concerning d relationship between ur UG course and ur PG, u r in d best position to merge dem o. U can say geographic information sysytems is ur choice course and d information systems program at ur university allows u to take courses that will give u indept knowledge of geographic information systems which will make u a better candidate for GIS analyst positions and further studies on doctorate level. Saying this point might lead to dis question ..."Why didn't u apply to schools that offer geograhic information systems" .....lemme think of more answers grin

I thank you @Snazzygirl, I've sent a request to the school (Virginia Internation University) for a GRE waiver. I hope to hear back from them before the day ends. Your tips will not be forgotten you bet. I'll control the nervousness. God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by airroseice(m): 10:29am On Dec 10, 2012
Yvete:

Lol....You sound intelligent and i think you'll interview well. People are advised to smile because it hides nervousness though an excessively smiley face may exude phoniness. Don't fret if you naturally smile, chuckle or stutter. The interview is so short so don't let nervousness get in the way. Your main goal is to overcome any presumption of immigrant intent by the VO.

The harm in trying without GRE is that test report is the easiest way to weed out 'presumably unqualified students' from an excessive number of visa applicants at the Embassy. Colleges do this too so if you are going to a well reputed college, intentions are clear. But if you are going to an institution no one has heard of, and which has not asked you to take any tests, then that makes the VO suspicious. LOR and GRE serve different purposes. Even with a US Bachelors, GRE, LOR and/or Interview are required so its reasonable for a VO to question why an Intl. Student is exempt. They might not ask for it, but go with a professional resume that relate to CIS (highlight entry-level skills) stapled behind a waiver from the college with other justifiable reasons.

Questions relating to your undergrad degree may not come up. If it does, GIS is good enough for an answer. Just create reasons why its beneficial in Nigeria and how it helps your future career goals. Come back with a testimony! grin

@Yvete Thank a lot for your contributions, I'm not quite sure of the college's (Virginia International Uni) reputation globally or out there in the U.S. but I'll be sure to add my resume to the GRE waiver from the school and so help me God I shall come back with a positive testimony on Thursday. God bless you ma'am.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 10:55am On Dec 10, 2012
airroseice: @Yvete Thank a lot for your contributions, I'm not quite sure of the college's (Virginia International Uni) reputation globally or out there in the U.S. but I'll be sure to add my resume to the GRE waiver from the school and so help me God I shall come back with a positive testimony on Thursday. God bless you ma'am.

"Virginia International University (VIU) offers 2 undergraduate programs, 4 graduate programs shocked , 4 undergraduate certificates, and 1 graduate certificate. The university also offers courses in English as a Second Language (ESL). Classes are offered both on-campus and online".
^^
Hope you're ready to defend this school and please mention that you applied to other schools in other states. Go prepared! All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mark4see: 2:23pm On Dec 10, 2012
[color=#770077]house, i will be having my interview in the next couple of days and i have gone through this thread so as to prepare myself very well. but before i go i have a question that i would like to hear the guru's opinion on. i have my gre and my toefl and my toefl score is considerably high (above 97) but i have s relatively low gre of 283. house please whats the implication of the low gre and what could be said incase such questions rise up. thanks and waiting for your reply. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by nifty: 3:13pm On Dec 10, 2012
i dey virginia and nobody knows virginia international university, should have applied to virginia commonwealth university or virginia state.....would have made more sense
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2012
airroseice:

@Yvete Thank a lot for your contributions, I'm not quite sure of the college's (Virginia International Uni) reputation globally or out there in the U.S. but I'll be sure to add my resume to the GRE waiver from the school and so help me God I shall come back with a positive testimony on Thursday. God bless you ma'am.
Yvete:

"Virginia International University (VIU) offers 2 undergraduate programs, 4 graduate programs shocked , 4 undergraduate certificates, and 1 graduate certificate. The university also offers courses in English as a Second Language (ESL). Classes are offered both on-campus and online".
^^
Hope you're ready to defend this school and please mention that you applied to other schools in other states. Go prepared! All the best.

Nairalanders, how are you all doing. Exams should be over by now(phew!!!)
OK. Where is the "rolling my eyes" emotion?.
I `ve never heard about this school; granted there are many schools in the VA/MD/DC area that I`ve never heard about but this sounds .........
But, Good luck! When you get there, you may want to look around. There are so many good schools in the VA area.

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.