Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:23 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (309382 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jasmine21(f): 9:14am On Dec 12, 2012
imperiouxx:

In America, your first and last name qualify you for presidency. grin

Also the bold part isn't necessary, you are the one creating fear for yourself. It has worked out. Moreover, give your GRE first when they ask for your standardize test.
Hmmm.. thanks so much. u've been really helpful. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jimtosam: 9:15am On Dec 12, 2012
shoggie: .
Big thanks to you out there for your redoubtable benevolent suggestions. Am more than happiness alone.
My I-20 truely states 'family type'as sponsor.But I want to ask, how can I fill another DS-160 and submit it to replace the former one I ignorantly submitted before I came across this Blog if at all I want to use my uncle as my sponsor?
Also, my brother is the sole signatory to the company's account as owner and the managing director of the company.

So easy to fill another one. You can fill as many DS-160 as you like. Start a new application. You will get a new ID. Change the ID in your appointment page at usatraveldoc. To avoid this from repeating itself, cos it could be boring filling that multi pages DS-160. Don't submit. Just save so that you can edit later in case need arises. But, it must be submitted 48hrs before interview. 2 days before your interview date, the central database in USA will send ur DS-160 to the local database of the embassy chosen in the beginning of ur application. Immediately you hand over ur confirmation page to the VO on the D-day, he/she will pull out your application from the local database. The first few questions will be asked base on what you filled on DS-160 to check the consistency level..That's why some applicants say the VO does not ask them more than 2 questions b4 issuing refusal note. Most of the time the answers are not parallel with what they filled. They hate inconsistency with passion. Print your DS-160 application. Study everything filled in the DS-160 to avoid inconsistency on the interview day.

Since family is written on your I-20, it makes it flexible. Family is always the best cos u can decide to change sponsor to father/mother/uncle/brother/aunt anytime without changing I-20. Make sure you go to the interview with the recent bank statement (printed a week or even days b4 interview) not d one printed 3mths ago while submitting docs for I-20.If it is recent, it's a small proof itself that the account is easily accessible.Some people print a day b4 d interview.

Goodluck bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by winbyforce: 9:30am On Dec 12, 2012
bigfrancis21:
Yes, most PhD programs are fully funded. In fact many departments offer financial assistance only to PhD students while some others fund more PhD and less masters students. If you're awarded an assistantship, that would be great as it would cover your tuition + part/full financial expenses, and that would be a very good guarantee for your visa. Its not likely that the VO would still go ahead to demand for a bank statement if you have a full funding. If you get a partial funding, then a bank statement would be necessary. Of course, don't forget to mention your financial assistance award during the interview. Let the house throw more light on this.
Either way, if you want to go along with a bank statement to make your case solid, you may go ahead still.

Thanks a lot bigfrancis21
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by winbyforce: 9:50am On Dec 12, 2012
imperiouxx:

Even you are given full time fellowship, GA or scholarship in the US not from your home country, you will still need a bank statement. Reason is in case you don't keep to terms and the funding is withdrawn, you will have something to fall back to. Though securing the admission even outside the US is big advance but embassy will like to see something from you.

Tanx a lot imperiouxx.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Snazzygirl: 11:03am On Dec 12, 2012
Thanks imperiouxxx....will wait for some days b4 I call.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by payne4real(m): 11:14am On Dec 12, 2012
@yvete thanks. I got ur mail but did not see the attached document. Pls resend i also need SAT tutorial pls thanks
Yvete:

Yea, I'll forward the PDF file to your email. I highlighted the ones applicable for Undergrads in the US from which you'd have to find the ones for IT. Fall admission is by April so enjoy the holidays and start studying for SAT. You'll get the visa next time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 11:26am On Dec 12, 2012
payne4real: @yvete thanks. I got ur mail but did not see the attached document. Pls resend i also need SAT tutorial pls thanks

My Bad! Re-sent. I also added 3 s*-a*-t* stuff. You need to have continuous access to a PC/Laptop. Otherwise, I advise that you purchase one SAT textbook and maybe add Cliffnotes Quantitative for Standardized Tests (Great lil Book - I used it to prepare for SAT years back and used it again last year for GRE).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 11:33am On Dec 12, 2012
Ollydon: talk2D , sorry but how much is †ће total cost of errthing? †ће cost of sending †ће confirmation abroad by waec andthe issuance of †ће confirmation.? Pls, break errthing down..did u go to d office ur self?
talk2D, have u now done †ће confirmation?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by payne4real(m): 11:51am On Dec 12, 2012
@talk2D. Pls i need the SAT text book aswell. Am in ibadan too. Pls get in touch payne4real@yahoo.com
talk2D:
Message sent!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by talk2D: 1:07pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ollydon: talk2D, have u now done †ће confirmation?
Not yet, i'm nt sure if i will be in need of it anymore b'cos it can't meetup with the deadline.I found another alternative(sch.) to apply.
I hav used the wes application fee for my SAT exam coming up in January.thx

@payne4real
I don't hav d SAT book yet, b'cos d guy told me to pay 5k; but if you can pay, then contact him.
I was given a small SAT booklet when registering which contains some tips & questions(Although,it is not enough to prepare 4 the exam).
I do visit collegeboard site to answer the daily question.
I will get some books this week to study.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 2:28pm On Dec 12, 2012
talk2D:
Not yet, i'm nt sure if i will be in need of it anymore b'cos it can't meetup with the deadline.I found another alternative(sch.) to apply.

@payne4real
I don't hav d SAT book yet, b'cos d guy told me to pay 5k; but if you can pay, then contact him.
I was given a small SAT booklet when registering which contains some tips & questions(Although,it is not enough to prepare 4 the exam).
cool.. So this alternative school doesn't require wes's evaluation?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 3:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
@ House: pls is anyone going for summer term and do they recognise summer term at embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 3:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
@ House: pls is anyone going for summer term and do they recognise summer term at embassy? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by payne4real(m): 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2012
@talk2D pls how n where did you register for your SAT exam? How much will it cost me? Pls urgent response.thank you
talk2D:

@payne4real
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2012
ollyboy1: @ House: pls is anyone going for summer term and do they recognise summer term at embassy? Thanks

Why not?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2012
@Imperiouxx

Thanks a lot!

Why not?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Snazzygirl: 4:46pm On Dec 12, 2012
House, advise/help/ assistance needed. My aunt has been trying to pay my sevis fee in the uk all morning and d site keeps saying 'error code'. the agent finally concluded that the site is down on their end. My appointment is close and am not in Lag @ d moment so cotonou is out of it. Pls advise/help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by talk2D: 4:50pm On Dec 12, 2012
@payne4real
I registered at Educational Advancement Centre(EAC) at Housing-Bodija rd. Ibadan.It cost me N19,100(registration fee) + N400(Passport photograph) = N19,500(Total).
The January registration has passed unless you have to visit GIEVA in Lagos before 18/12.It is even cheaper, it is around 14k but consider transport fare.
The March exam registration is in progress.
Whichever one you choose to do; pls go ahead.

@ollydon
yes.NO evaluation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shoggie(m): 5:35pm On Dec 12, 2012
jimtosam:

So easy to fill another one. You can fill as many DS-160 as you like. Start a new application. You will get a new ID. Change the ID in your appointment page at usatraveldoc. To avoid this from repeating itself, cos it could be boring filling that multi pages DS-160. Don't submit. Just save so that you can edit later in case need arises. But, it must be submitted 48hrs before interview. 2 days before your interview date, the central database in USA will send ur DS-160 to the local database of the embassy chosen in the beginning of ur application. Immediately you hand over ur confirmation page to the VO on the D-day, he/she will pull out your application from the local database. The first few questions will be asked base on what you filled on DS-160 to check the consistency level..That's why some applicants say the VO does not ask them more than 2 questions b4 issuing refusal note. Most of the time the answers are not parallel with what they filled. They hate inconsistency with passion. Print your DS-160 application. Study everything filled in the DS-160 to avoid inconsistency on the interview day.

Since family is written on your I-20, it makes it flexible. Family is always the best cos u can decide to change sponsor to father/mother/uncle/brother/aunt anytime without changing I-20. Make sure you go to the interview with the recent bank statement (printed a week or even days b4 interview) not d one printed 3mths ago while submitting docs for I-20.If it is recent, it's a small proof itself that the account is easily accessible.Some people print a day b4 d interview.

Goodluck bro.

I cant stop saying thank you bro! You made my day delightful indeed. I beg, you are too much!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by payne4real(m): 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2012
Thanks my guy.
talk2D: @payne4real
I registered at Educational Advancement Centre(EAC) at Housing-Bodija rd. Ibadan.It cost me N19,100(registration fee) + N400(Passport photograph) = N19,500(Total).
The January registration has passed unless you have to visit GIEVA in Lagos before 18/12.It is even cheaper, it is around 14k but consider transport fare.
The March exam registration is in progress.
Whichever one you choose to do; pls go ahead.

@ollydon
yes.NO evaluation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by payne4real(m): 6:44pm On Dec 12, 2012
@yvete.i got the mail n d SATStuff.tnks
Yvete:

My Bad! Re-sent. I also added 3 s*-a*-t* stuff. You need to have continuous access to a PC/Laptop. Otherwise, I advise that you purchase one SAT textbook and maybe add Cliffnotes Quantitative for Standardized Tests (Great lil Book - I used it to prepare for SAT years back and used it again last year for GRE).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by mrswagger: 6:58pm On Dec 12, 2012
Yvete:

Yea, I'll forward the PDF file to your email. I highlighted the ones applicable for Undergrads in the US from which you'd have to find the ones for IT. Fall admission is by April so enjoy the holidays and start studying for SAT. You'll get the visa next time.

@Yvete, Pls send me the PDF file as well to my email - Kellysilver2015@yahoo.com. I need schools which have scholarships for undergrad in Business Management.

And Yvete can you pls tell me the range of SAT score that can guarantee me a scholarship? What minimum SAT can one have to get a high scholarship?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by redscarlet: 7:09pm On Dec 12, 2012
Hi nairalanders I had my interview yesterday.I was denied cos I knew I bleeped up nd now am sad but av learnt my leasson.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by seedord247(m): 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2012
redscarlet: Hi nairalanders I had my interview yesterday.I was denied cos I knew I bleeped up nd now am sad but av learnt my leasson.

share ya experience for folks to learn.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by madeit2thetop(m): 8:18pm On Dec 12, 2012
is 68 toefl score good for embassy sake even though the school required 61?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by talk2D: 8:48pm On Dec 12, 2012
mr swagger:

@Yvete, Pls send me the PDF file as well to my email - Kellysilver2015@yahoo.com. I need schools which have scholarships for undergrad in Business Management.

And Yvete can you pls tell me the range of SAT score that can guarantee me a scholarship? What minimum SAT can one have to get a high scholarship?
Thanks

Yes, i need more info on that too.

@payne4real or Yve
Pls help with SAT material.
-@-
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shoggie(m): 8:59pm On Dec 12, 2012
House help me oh! I was trying to change my DS-160 by logging to my online account for my interview as suggest
by a house member only for me to have it later on my email that I have scheduled appointment to January. What could have happened because I did not cancel end of this month which was my initial appointment date. Deliver me from this awry please oh!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:06pm On Dec 12, 2012
redscarlet: Hi nairalanders I had my interview yesterday.I was denied cos I knew I bleeped up nd now am sad but av learnt my leasson.

Lesson learned. Good to hear that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 9:10pm On Dec 12, 2012
shoggie: House help me oh! I was trying to change my DS-160 by logging to my online account for my interview as suggest
by a house member only for me to have it later on my email that I have scheduled appointment to January. What could have happened because I did not cancel end of this month which was my initial appointment date. Deliver me from this awry please oh!

Really? Check your profile on the visa site. May be they cancelled your previous date and gave you guys a new date without your knowledge.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shoggie(m): 9:18pm On Dec 12, 2012
imperiouxx:

Really? Check your profile on the visa site. May be they cancelled your previous date and gave you guys a new date without your knowledge.
How do I do that because I am confused oh!they did something like that for me from 26 to 27 which is understandable.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 10:06pm On Dec 12, 2012
shoggie: How do I do that because I am confused oh!they did something like that for me from 26 to 27 which is understandable.

Check your mail (inbox and spam). They may have assigned a new date.

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.