Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,344 members, 7,850,254 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:02 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (309517 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 6:46pm On Jan 23, 2013
virgin ice: For gre test takers dat stil av tym to study bfor d test date, try. "cracking the revised version" by princeton. I used it for d verbal aspect most, it was helpful. For those going for phd, folo ur heart and wen u get to d river, u wee cross afterall d pipu doin der phd direct don't av 2 HEADS and dey r surviving. Am 25yrs and I can't wait to start doin research and experience it all cos I bliv it will b fun. Der is nothing like doing wat u want and succeedin @ it. So house, stop all d controversy abt masters and phd instead let's focus on getting evribody to der destination...wat I love abt naija peeps is der spirit to succeed, e dey ginger me grin As for d cgpa tingy, pls go to google and if u no 'all' ur result and course codes n topics u will b able to convert ur gp to 4.0. I converted mine wc was a 4.29/5.0 ~ 3.2/4.0 lipsrsealed so goodluck wit d conversion tingy :'

Good advice you gave here but please do not be carried away by the funny saying in Nigeria that "studying abroad is easy". Nevertheless, I can assure you that it takes an enduring spirit to survive; and I am sure you would since you have one.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by eduson002(m): 6:52pm On Jan 23, 2013
biofem2000: Happy new year Nairalanders!!,!,!,!,!,!,!
I got lost a couple of weeks ago... Well I was missing on the conversations and every time I try to post it seems there's something else everyone's talking about. Oh we'll.... And I've been lazy too.
So, my sister inlaw got her visa this morning. I passed on the nairaland bug to her like I did for my sister and brother and.... Voila.... It worked.
She was asked a few questions. When did your brother( DH) get to the US? What does he do ( DH is the sponsor)? Why did you chose accounting? What did you do after your NYSC?
She said it was less than two minutes.
The general advise I gave her was to not talk like a desperado, don't give the impression that you must get to the US tonight, be confident, appeal to the officers emotions when you get the opportunity, relax, smile, it is easier than having to answer to God, do not lie however, do not sell yourself short. Spice up your experience, talk like a professional, don't talk like you just rolled out of bed, talk like you know what you are doing/ saying. Don't say I finished from Unijos, or UI...it is University of Jos,MAALU ( oops!!!!!!!), University of Ibadan, the Polytechnic Ibadan ( not Ibadan poly or Mapol.

Have a great freezing day! .....well... It's way below freezing on the east coast. Brutally cold!
Welcome back ma and conrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Temidayo112: 6:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
Hello House,
I sat for SAT and Toefl test last year but my scores was very low and i was advised to go re-write the test again.
Please can someone advise me on how to go about the test. cos i want this year to be my last time of writing the test so that i can proceed with my application .

Please my pple is it possible to runs those tests.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Temidayo112: 6:58pm On Jan 23, 2013
Temidayo112: Hello House,
I sat for SAT and Toefl test last year but my scores was very low and i was advised to go re-write the test again.
Please can someone advise me on how to go about the test. cos i want this year to be my last time of writing the test so that i can proceed with my application .

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 23, 2013

Thanks.
Hehehe...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by shoggie(m): 7:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
Hello House members who are in Need of GRE Materials!I can see your Heart & your dire need to get GRE materials.
Well, I bought all of the GRE materials, including the soft copies, So you can have them for FREE
I could not just reply many of you who have been send messages to my inbox because of my Visa Stuff but Now is the New dawn to help one another.
I want to throw up this option to as many that desire it.
The following GRE materials Soft Copies are currently with me Now, so if you are interested, it is very simple
just inbox me at shoggie2002 at gmail.com & I will send you my phone No to come & meet me in OJa- Oba, Abule
Egba between Thursday & Friday (Dead line). Am in an Estate Close to that Bus-Stop. Any date ouside this I may not be available for that again.
Kaplan
Barron
Gruber
GRE Test for Dummies
GRE Bible or Novar
Princeton Review
Arco
Hard GRE Math Questions by Princeton Press
Some Practise Answers for Analytical Writing etc
All FREE without any COST (No hidden Charges) except you want to buy the hard copies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 7:18pm On Jan 23, 2013
biofem2000: Happy new year Nairalanders!!,!,!,!,!,!,!
I got lost a couple of weeks ago... Well I was missing on the conversations and every time I try to post it seems there's something else everyone's talking about. Oh we'll.... And I've been lazy too.
So, my sister inlaw got her visa this morning. I passed on the nairaland bug to her like I did for my sister and brother and.... Voila.... It worked.
She was asked a few questions. When did your brother( DH) get to the US? What does he do ( DH is the sponsor)? Why did you chose accounting? What did you do after your NYSC?
She said it was less than two minutes.
The general advise I gave her was to not talk like a desperado, don't give the impression that you must get to the US tonight, be confident, appeal to the officers emotions when you get the opportunity, relax, smile, it is easier than having to answer to God, do not lie however, do not sell yourself short. Spice up your experience, talk like a professional, don't talk like you just rolled out of bed, talk like you know what you are doing/ saying. Don't say I finished from Unijos, or UI...it is University of Jos,MAALU ( oops!!!!!!!), University of Ibadan, the Polytechnic Ibadan ( not Ibadan poly or Mapol.

Have a great freezing day! .....well... It's way below freezing on the east coast. Brutally cold!
Congrats to her...na you be our mama for here nah, so anybody you recommend must get the Visa smiley smiley smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 7:33pm On Jan 23, 2013
bigfrancis21:
How many parts do you have? There are meant to be 4 parts to it. I sent you two mails, each mail containing two parts each. Check and get back to me.

I just checked again and am confirming that only two parts each of Grubers and Barron's were sent. Thanks to send the remaining parts. You are truly appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by BTT(m): 7:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
shoggie: Hello House members who are in Need of GRE Materials!I can see your Heart & your dire need to get GRE materials.
Well, I bought all of the GRE materials, including the soft copies, So you can have them for FREE
I could not just reply many of you who have been send messages to my inbox because of my Visa Stuff but Now is the New dawn to help one another.
I want to throw up this option to as many that desire it.
The following GRE materials Soft Copies are currently with me Now, so if you are interested, it is very simple
just inbox me at shoggie2002 at gmail.com & I will send you my phone No to come & meet me in OJa- Oba, Abule
Egba between Thursday & Friday (Dead line). Am in an Estate Close to that Bus-Stop. Any date ouside this I may not be available for that again.
Kaplan
Barron
Gruber
GRE Test for Dummies
GRE Bible or Novar
Princeton Review
Arco
Hard GRE Math Questions by Princeton Press
Some Practise Answers for Analytical Writing etc
All FREE without any COST (No hidden Charges) except you want to buy the hard copies.

Thanks Shoggie

And congratulations.

I am doing you a mail right away just to book my interest in those materials.

Again, thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 8:11pm On Jan 23, 2013
[quote author=Temidayo112][/quote]

I would suggest you take your time to study for the exam and don't rush things. Perhaps, your uneasiness and eagerness are the reasons for your low performance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 9:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
Temidayo112:

Thanks.

OMG!! Are you serious with that? Lolll. My dear, please leave that out of your mind. The educational system of Nigeria is very different from that of the US. If you really do want to undertake study in the US, you had better start purging yourself of the 'runs' mentality ingrained in many Nigerians. Their educational system is, by and large, impartial and free and fair. What you put in determines your output. The more effort you put in the more the rewards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 9:03pm On Jan 23, 2013

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 9:42pm On Jan 23, 2013
walex57:
Congrats to her...na you be our mama for here nah, so anybody you recommend must get the Visa smiley smiley smiley
What!!!!! Mama what??
Common now.
How have you been? This place still feels like home. NL is the best thing that happened to genuine Nigerian students.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 9:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
eduson002: Welcome back ma and conrats!
Thank you sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 9:44pm On Jan 23, 2013

Thanks.
And what in the name of NL is "runs"?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Mystiqme: 10:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
biofem2000:
And what in the name of NL is "runs"?
Mrs Biofem, you don tey for Yankee. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by winbyforce: 10:53pm On Jan 23, 2013

Thanks.
Please work hard to make the mark,no shortcut to success. You must pay the price of moving ahead in life.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by FindOut(m): 1:38am On Jan 24, 2013
bukahands:

I guess south dakota should be in my list now, what time are u writing mine is 12:00 clock

Same time! Saw your PM request. replied.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 1:59am On Jan 24, 2013
Mystiqme:
Mrs Biofem, you don tey for Yankee. cheesy cheesy cheesy
I never tey too much o my person.
But, Oh no! What? So its not the "xxxx runs to school" I thought he was using the wrong verb.
I pity the "runs" guy. My advice is stay away from the US embassy in Nigeria. Besides, this is not the place to ask such question. lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bodeplot: 2:21am On Jan 24, 2013
@imperiouxx,@yvette and @virgin ice and the rest of the house.
please enlighthen me on the following questions, how many pages can SOP b? i av written 2pages already hope this is not too much,2.what do u understand by scholarly writing sample? i only have research experience from final project work, is it cool to write that as my scholarly writing sample.3. Can i mail my schools research professors about my interest in there current research projects? is it safe?,finally please if anybody in the room ere have schools that are low profile that offers chemical engineering or any other related course please provide for me asap...Thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:28am On Jan 24, 2013
bodeplot: @imperiouxx,@yvette and @virgin ice and the rest of the house.
please enlighthen me on the following questions, how many pages can SOP b? i av written 2pages already hope this is not too much,2.what do u understand by scholarly writing sample? i only have research experience from final project work, is it cool to write that as my scholarly writing sample.3. Can i mail my schools research professors about my interest in there current research projects? is it safe?,finally please if anybody in the room ere have schools that are low profile that offers chemical engineering or any other related course please provide for me asap...Thanks in advance

Schools usually specify the amount of the words and number of spaces. I once wrote a 2 paged SOP and I got the admission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Yvete(f): 2:45am On Jan 24, 2013
-----------------------
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Square65: 3:55am On Jan 24, 2013
Square65:

I just checked again and am confirming that only two parts each of Grubers and Barron's were sent. Thanks to send the remaining parts. You are truly appreciated.

Big Francis, how far?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by virginice: 6:25am On Jan 24, 2013
@bodeplot. U will surely get d admsn u want By God's grace(AMEN). I think u shuld write a detailed SOP and give som pipu u really respect to help edit it, den go tru d school's requirement because imperiouxx said it all. They mostly require ow many words buh if ur school did nt specify(like mine) den u shudnt make it too lengthy(2pages) buh it shud b detailed. Ur course is in line wit mine, I wrote on my research, IT, n all d equipements I know ow to use. Also on d school(KU), and wat my research go do for naija peeps. As for emailing profs, I emailed 5peeps relevant to my proposed research requestin to b my supervisor (somtimes dey may reply) none replied me buh I tink dey all knew. pls go ahead, it worked for 3peeps I knw includin me. Try uni of wyoming (gre requirement for masters 291, phd 308 toefl speakin (or listenin) 24, etc for scholarship
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 10:47am On Jan 24, 2013
Square65:

Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 11:31am On Jan 24, 2013
BTT:

@ Bigfrancis21
Will you be kind enough to please 'bress me as you bressed my blother' with TOEFL and GRE materials too.

Every help would be greatly appreciated.

My email address is bttadebisi@gmail.com
I just bressed you. Sent as lequested. Goodruck in your leading. Rmao!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bodeplot: 1:28pm On Jan 24, 2013
wow!!! many thanks to @imperiouxx, Yvete and Virgin ice for there help to my questions.However,the school didnt specify the number of words or pages as well as line spacing, i av done a 2pager,with single line spacing and concerning writing sample virgin ice, i av written on my research, can i as well write anoda one just u did about the school,what my work would do for naija and equipment used many thanks again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by virginice: 1:46pm On Jan 24, 2013
bodeplot: wow!!! many thanks to @imperiouxx, Yvete and Virgin ice for there help to my questions.However,the school didnt specify the number of words or pages as well as line spacing, i av done a 2pager,with single line spacing and concerning writing sample virgin ice, i av written on my research, can i as well write anoda one just u did about the school,what my work would do for naija and equipment used many thanks again

I don't undstnd u but all those stuff I stated wer in my SOP. If ur work is related to chem eng, u can if u want to write equipmnt. Wat I wrote abt KU(sch) was very brief too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jiraiyasage: 1:49pm On Jan 24, 2013
Hi can anybody tell me where they runzz sat in nigeria?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ollyboy1: 3:17pm On Jan 24, 2013
jiraiyasage: Hi can anybody tell me where they runzz sat in nigeria?

I guess u wanted to ask where to register and how to prepare for SAT. Brotherly, if you truly want to study in the USA you better BRACE up cos its not a childs play. We don't discuss or encourage stuffs like this here pls. Aye si wa lati tun omoluabi e se!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jiraiyasage: 3:18pm On Jan 24, 2013
Hey pls I wanna apply for a university in new jersey and I need someone to walk me through the whole admission process, this is my first time and i'm starting to get jitters due to the stuff i've read on this thread!!!! I need advice pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jiraiyasage: 3:45pm On Jan 24, 2013
How do you advice I go about the SAT? Cuz i'm not that bright in maths buh English is not a problem

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.