Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,381 members, 7,846,618 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (309307 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 09, 2012
jimtosam:

@Abijah...
First Stage:Exam stage. This will depend if you are going for Graduate or Undergraduate studies.Toefl + SAT for Undergraduate. Toefl + GRE/GMAT for Graduate. GRE for Sciences. GMAT for business/Management.

Second Stage: Decide on the school you want to apply to.You can get admission even if you have nobody in America. Will you like to be in Michigan with your sponsor. If yes, explore schools overthere. When you get admitted, the school will request for the bank statement of your sponsor.This will be used to prepare your I-20 which is a paramount document to take to the embassy.

Third Stage: Embassy stage. Using a sponsor in America is not always advisable but if you searched and searched and get no other person, you have no choice. But, if your sponsor in Michigan is a Nigerian, beg her to allow you use her account that domicile in Nigeria..Why some people are so skeptical about foreign sponsor is that consular may think you are just using student runs to join your family member in the states. But, if there is no choice you will defend it and God that helped me will help you. I used a company account that does not relate to me. The owner of the company was the only one that was ready to help. I knew it was a red flag but I have no rich family members that can have some huge cash in account and I decided not to manipulate stuffs. Check my past post around April/May that Imperiouxx encouraged me that if I have no other choice, then I should used it cos Nairaland encouraged 'Integrity and Truth'. In the interview date, I deviated the consular to my undergraduate project. We spent lot of time on this and he didn't even ask for the statement.

This is just God's favour and I give Him all the Glory.

@jimtosam,
Thanks for getting back to me, well I'm going for under grate, but she's not a Nigerian, she's USA citizen single mom with 4kids and she's ready to sponsor me, what steps she need to take and I? She want me to come as visitor but a friend of her told her that student will be alright that's why she want me to come as student. I'll be glad if you can write me back.. Are your on bbm? If yes, add me 2143DB93 or your send me an email biodunerubami@yahoo.com . Waiting for your reply. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2012
jimtosam:

@Abijah...
First Stage:Exam stage. This will depend if you are going for Graduate or Undergraduate studies.Toefl + SAT for Undergraduate. Toefl + GRE/GMAT for Graduate. GRE for Sciences. GMAT for business/Management.

Second Stage: Decide on the school you want to apply to.You can get admission even if you have nobody in America. Will you like to be in Michigan with your sponsor. If yes, explore schools overthere. When you get admitted, the school will request for the bank statement of your sponsor.This will be used to prepare your I-20 which is a paramount document to take to the embassy.

Third Stage: Embassy stage. Using a sponsor in America is not always advisable but if you searched and searched and get no other person, you have no choice. But, if your sponsor in Michigan is a Nigerian, beg her to allow you use her account that domicile in Nigeria..Why some people are so skeptical about foreign sponsor is that consular may think you are just using student runs to join your family member in the states. But, if there is no choice you will defend it and God that helped me will help you. I used a company account that does not relate to me. The owner of the company was the only one that was ready to help. I knew it was a red flag but I have no rich family members that can have some huge cash in account and I decided not to manipulate stuffs. Check my past post around April/May that Imperiouxx encouraged me that if I have no other choice, then I should used it cos Nairaland encouraged 'Integrity and Truth'. In the interview date, I deviated the consular to my undergraduate project. We spent lot of time on this and he didn't even ask for the statement.

This is just God's favour and I give Him all the Glory.

@jimtosam,
Thanks for getting back to me, well I'm going for under grate, but she's not a Nigerian, she's USA citizen single mom with 4kids and she's ready to sponsor me, what steps she need to take and I? She want me to come as visitor but a friend of her told her that student will be alright that's why she want me to come as student. I'll be glad if you can write me back.. Are your on bbm? If yes, add me 2143DB93 or your send me an email biodunerubami@yahoo.com . Waiting for your reply. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 9:27pm On Sep 09, 2012
kpolli:

Means its in Customs at New York same thing happened to mine and spent 6weeks there, so mail USPS or call them n tell them its only documents inside

Call USPS to tell them its only documents inside the parcel ke? For what? What do you think of NIPOST? Do you think they are dumb or fools? They have done all the necessary checking before approving the postage in the first place. You see, for the fact it has arrive New York means that its on it onward movement to it destination. So there is no need calling USPS, he should rather call the school instead, who knows, it might have been delivered and it maybe the online tracking system that is not reporting the actual position of the parcel.

kpolli how is study unfolding?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 10:36pm On Sep 09, 2012
@house ds z d second tym i'm postin ds pls ansa me, tel me if its a step of faith or step of stupidity. I sent my doc via nipost 5wks ago nd til nw it has nt gotten 2 my sch so i decided to go wit planB i.e resendin d docs again bt ds tym via dhl which i ve bin told takes jst 48hrs to get there. In filling my docs again, there is a part where my dad has to sign as the sponsor bt currently he is nt arnd nd i dnt knw wen hez gona com bac nd i nid to send ds doc again as soon as first thing on monday morning cs d skul deadline is fast approaching. Nw my question is, shuld i write my popsi name mysef nd also forge hez signature?(i dey tlk lyk say e easy to forge am) bcs honestly i can't wait for him 2 come back. Pls i nid evry1's opinion....thx!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Theyjih: 10:50pm On Sep 09, 2012
obusco4lyfe: @house ds z d second tym i'm postin ds pls ansa me, tel me if its a step of faith or step of stupidity. I sent my doc via nipost 5wks ago nd til nw it has nt gotten 2 my sch so i decided to go wit planB i.e resendin d docs again bt ds tym via dhl which i ve bin told takes jst 48hrs to get there. In filling my docs again, there is a part where my dad has to sign as the sponsor bt currently he is nt arnd nd i dnt knw wen hez gona com bac nd i nid to send ds doc again as soon as first thing on monday morning cs d skul deadline is fast approaching. Nw my question is, shuld i write my popsi name mysef nd also forge hez signature?(i dey tlk lyk say e easy to forge am) bcs honestly i can't wait for him 2 come back. Pls i nid evry1's opinion....thx!

Dude irrespektive of his locatn around the world, all he needs is a scanner and VOILA! ur probs is solved. send the pdf copy to him, he can fill 'em out print, sign and scan.. then forward the scanned copy over to you SImple! as for DHL, imho, y not save a couple bucks use fedex (within 72 hrs ur package shld b in the state, xcept in the case of severe weather condition), they seem to b d best as for international mail esp. US terrain my 2 cents!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 12:21am On Sep 10, 2012
Twice today I was banned and blocked for several hours from posting about wes or saying copy of cert. by autospam. angry angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fadinus(m): 12:32am On Sep 10, 2012
imperiouxx: Twice today I was banned and blocked for several hours from posting about wes or saying copy of cert. by autospam. angry angry
But what's d biggie there sef?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 12:42am On Sep 10, 2012
fadinus:
But what's d biggie there sef?

I don't know o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 2:32am On Sep 10, 2012
deevick246:

Call USPS to tell them its only documents inside the parcel ke? For what? What do you think of NIPOST? Do you think they are dumb or fools? They have done all the necessary checking before approving the postage in the first place. You see, for the fact it has arrive New York means that its on it onward movement to it destination. So there is no need calling USPS, he should rather call the school instead, who knows, it might have been delivered and it maybe the online tracking system that is not reporting the actual position of the parcel.

kpolli how is study unfolding?

My broda we dey push am oooo. . . Those lecturers for Naija scam us, them no teach us anything so we dey read afresh . . . . As per the USPS stuff, I think custom clears it but there is a mix up so it never leaves that place, it is when I called them that they sent it to Boston
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by madeit2thetop(m): 5:10am On Sep 10, 2012
Yankee dey hungry me die but all dis old old woman for my family strong gan den no wan gree
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 5:15am On Sep 10, 2012
madeit2thetop: Yankee dey hungry me die but all dis old old woman for my family strong gan den no wan gree
grin grin grin grin. I'll take that as a joke. Bro take your destiny in your hands jare.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jimtosam: 5:47am On Sep 10, 2012
madeit2thetop: Yankee dey hungry me die but all dis old old woman for my family strong gan den no wan gree

There is no old woman that strong pass God.God did not promise you how to handle old women, witches or thereabouts, He promised you in His word how to handle their father, devil who is ur own boy .If you really want it, then have a good relationship with your creator.

Also Remember, God's time. Sometimes, He doesn't want you to come when things are not yet cooked for ground .Cos, People dey suffer here too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jimtosam: 5:56am On Sep 10, 2012
obusco4lyfe: @house ds z d second tym i'm postin ds pls ansa me, tel me if its a step of faith or step of stupidity. I sent my doc via nipost 5wks ago nd til nw it has nt gotten 2 my sch so i decided to go wit planB i.e resendin d docs again bt ds tym via dhl which i ve bin told takes jst 48hrs to get there. In filling my docs again, there is a part where my dad has to sign as the sponsor bt currently he is nt arnd nd i dnt knw wen hez gona com bac nd i nid to send ds doc again as soon as first thing on monday morning cs d skul deadline is fast approaching. Nw my question is, shuld i write my popsi name mysef nd also forge hez signature?(i dey tlk lyk say e easy to forge am) bcs honestly i can't wait for him 2 come back. Pls i nid evry1's opinion....thx!

Obu Baba,

Scanning may not work as recommended by someone. The school will like everything in fresh stamp and ink. If your dad stays very far from you now. Call him to tell you how he signs. You can even use any video chat service like skype to see how he signs. Then Sign the documents. I won't really call this forge since it is with your dad's consent.

But, another gud option, if you cant still wait for ur dad and he's also skeptical in teaching you how he signs (cos some children bad, not you), then Courier your documents to wherever your dad is, let him sign and return.This will be expensive and take like 6working days.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by deevick246(m): 7:15am On Sep 10, 2012
kpolli:

My broda we dey push am oooo. . . Those lecturers for Naija scam us, them no teach us anything so we dey read afresh . . . . As per the USPS stuff, I think custom clears it but there is a mix up so it never leaves that place, it is when I called them that they sent it to Boston

I attest to it that the standard of education in yankee is high. I know this because alot of people here have said it time without number. But as for me, that is one of the motivating factors for the America dream, I want to have the best of education. God would see you through.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by ChitownBase: 8:01am On Sep 10, 2012
deevick246:

I attest to it that the standard of education in yankee is high. I know this because alot of people here have said it time without number. But as for me, that is one of the motivating factors for the America dream, I want to have the best of education. God would see you through.

@devick and kpoli ;mehn the difference is clear mehn it aint easy but its worth it doe grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 10:01am On Sep 10, 2012
jimtosam:

Obu Baba,

Scanning may not work as recommended by someone. The school will like everything in fresh stamp and ink. If your dad stays very far from you now. Call him to tell you how he signs. You can even use any video chat service like skype to see how he signs. Then Sign the documents. I won't really call this forge since it is with your dad's consent.

But, another gud option, if you cant still wait for ur dad and he's also skeptical in teaching you how he signs (cos some children bad, not you), then Courier your documents to wherever your dad is, let him sign and return.This will be expensive and take like 6working days.
exactly! D sch wnts fresh stamp ink. Also, my dad's signature no easy 2 forge'oo it even took my dad tym to get used to writing hez own signature. D idea of sndin my doc twice via courier i.e to my dad den to d sch again, nah! Itz gona cost much nd me no b dangote pikin. Anyway ther is a doc my dad signed 4 me b4, i ve bn using dt one to practice nd i'm sure 2 perfect it soon...by God's grace sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 10:08am On Sep 10, 2012
Theyjih:

Dude irrespektive of his locatn around the world, all he needs is a scanner and VOILA! ur probs is solved. send the pdf copy to him, he can fill 'em out print, sign and scan.. then forward the scanned copy over to you SImple! as for DHL, imho, y not save a couple bucks use fedex (within 72 hrs ur package shld b in the state, xcept in the case of severe weather condition), they seem to b d best as for international mail esp. US terrain my 2 cents!
U knw! U re actually d 6th person suggestin i use fedex instead of dhl....i'm definately gona use fedex. Thanks...really appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by madeit2thetop(m): 11:14am On Sep 10, 2012
House I need list of schools that will give me scholarship
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by dnpasion(m): 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2012
Nice saying
jimtosam:

There is no old woman that strong pass God.God did not promise you how to handle old women, witches or thereabouts, He promised you in His word how to handle their father, devil who is ur own boy .If you really want it, then have a good relationship with your creator.

Also Remember, God's time. Sometimes, He doesn't want you to come when things are not yet cooked for ground .Cos, People dey suffer here too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fittty(m): 12:52pm On Sep 10, 2012
abijah007:

@jimtosam,

r u sure u want to study or just find a way out of nigeria? undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 10, 2012
fittty:

r u sure u want to study or just find a way out of nigeria? undecided

Study what? English?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 1:45pm On Sep 10, 2012
genxris:
so u mean the GRE can be written in aba? That's intresting to hear because it's unlike the GMAT that can only be taken in lagos and abuja throughout nigeria...i am really suprised the GRE is not same
Yes. The paper version only. It is also taken at Edo as well, but the paper exam is taken only 3 times a year - october, november and february.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 2:23pm On Sep 10, 2012
madeit2thetop: House I need list of schools that will give me scholarship
East Tennessee University. They are currently offering scholarships for International Students.
The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is open to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree. The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered.

The award is available for:

Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients
Five semesters for recipients seeking a master’s degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program.
Scholarship can be applied to summer semesters.

Application Ends By

Completed applications, including letters of recommendation, need to be submitted by the following dates:

Fall semester deadline: no later than June 1st (2013)
Spring semester deadline: no later than October 1st (2012)

But remember you must have applied for and gotten admission first before you can proceed to the scholarship application.

The university website is:
http://www.etsu.edu/honors/international/internationalstudentscholarships/default.aspx

Goodluck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 3:47pm On Sep 10, 2012
Ollydon: sorry,what's mmia? Also, wah did u mean by certificate copy? Sorry for bothering u..i just want everything to be swift cos i'm applying for spring 2013..n wes takes about a month yo complete d evaluation
mperioux..pls answer ma question
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2012
deevick246:

Amen and thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by fittty(m): 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2012
ferdiii:

Study what? English?

To me he doesn't sound like someone who knows what exactly he wants to do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 6:38pm On Sep 10, 2012
Ollydon: mperioux..pls answer ma question

Na your question I dey answer yesterday when dem block me for like 6hrs in the morning and 6 hrs in the afternoon. The space for page 66 wey show ''This post has been hidden'' was my reply. That's why I didn't say anything since then. Let me try it again now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx2: 6:47pm On Sep 10, 2012
Dem don block my imperiouxx account again and my post hidden for replying ollydon for the third time cry cry angry angry

pyguru banned imperiouxx for https://www.nairaland.com/994108/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part3/67#12126761. Ban expires at Today at 07:43:17 PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 10, 2012
fittty:

To me he doesn't sound like someone who knows what exactly he wants to do

LIKE A ROUGH DIAMOND
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 9:10pm On Sep 10, 2012
imperiouxx2: Dem don block my imperiouxx account again and my post hidden for replying ollydon for the third time cry cry angry angry

pyguru banned imperiouxx for https://www.nairaland.com/994108/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part3/67#12126761. Ban expires at Today at 07:43:17 PM.

I noticed that the advocating for other websites for purposes non-educational or so isnt allowed here on nairaland. Or what do you think?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jimtosam: 10:59pm On Sep 10, 2012
obusco4lyfe: exactly! D sch wnts fresh stamp ink. Also, my dad's signature no easy 2 forge'oo it even took my dad tym to get used to writing hez own signature. D idea of sndin my doc twice via courier i.e to my dad den to d sch again, nah! Itz gona cost much nd me no b dangote pikin. Anyway ther is a doc my dad signed 4 me b4, i ve bn using dt one to practice nd i'm sure 2 perfect it soon...by God's grace sha

Please, don't use the word forge again. Since your dad will give his consent .

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.