Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (309011 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx2: 12:16am On Sep 11, 2012
bigfrancis21:

I noticed that the advocating for other websites for purposes non-educational or so isnt allowed here on nairaland. Or what do you think?

I only explained about the process of evaluation and the moment I mention transc., copy of C. and Lagos, I get blocked.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Theyjih: 2:13am On Sep 11, 2012
imperiouxx2: I only explained about the process for evaluation and the moment I mention transc., copy of C. and Lagos, I get blocked.

i think u guys did back in part 2 btw page 20-22...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 5:00am On Sep 11, 2012
obusco4lyfe: lmao.....i'm nt quite certain sha, i only used gumption. I ws expectin mail frm yankee via nipost, i kept checkin my mail box outside my haus evryday 4 gud 5wks nd it ws completely empty, it ws on d sixth wk i went to check nd i discoverd d mail box no close wel so i went closer to knw y. As i open d box, c as mail yakpaa inside, some even dey fall come outside. It wsnt jst my mail dt ws there, al of dem my neighbour wey dey expect mail tey-tey na den d mail reach us. In conclusion dem postal service waited 4 mail going to a particular location to get bulky b4 sendin it, nt necessarily d same cmpound bt maybe d same street or area.

Then you should blame NIPOST and not USPS.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:41am On Sep 11, 2012
Theyjih:

i think u guys did back in part 2 btw page 20-22...

Yea, we did but you know people will still come asking how is this and that is done.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by GboyegaD(m): 2:06pm On Sep 11, 2012
obusco4lyfe: exactly! D sch wnts fresh stamp ink. Also, my dad's signature no easy 2 forge'oo it even took my dad tym to get used to writing hez own signature. D idea of sndin my doc twice via courier i.e to my dad den to d sch again, nah! Itz gona cost much nd me no b dangote pikin. Anyway ther is a doc my dad signed 4 me b4, i ve bn using dt one to practice nd i'm sure 2 perfect it soon...by God's grace sha

Whatever is worth doing should be done rightly. Instead of learning to sign his signature even with his consent, why not save yourself some hassle and free his mind of stress that you may forge it again in the future by sending the documents to him to sign and him sending it back to you? Also, I would recommend you talk to the school's International Admission Office explaining your challenge to them and I can assure you they sure would accept the scanned documents for admission.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jidebobo: 3:39pm On Sep 11, 2012
House please, is this US Green card Visa application real. I saw one on my mail asked me to apply. What is the different btw this & Visa Lottery?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2012
jidebobo: House please, is this US Green card Visa application real. I saw one on my mail asked me to apply. What is the different btw this & Visa Lottery?
I think its the visa lottery thing they're trying to lobby you to apply for as it is already by the corner. If you wish to apply, i'd say apply yourself. Because most agents are either fake or very expensive. Apply yourself. Its not hard at all. The link for applying is http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ Starts Oct 2 and ends on Nov 3.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2012
imperiouxx2:

I only explained about the process of evaluation and the moment I mention transc., copy of C. and Lagos, I get blocked.
oh! Keep on abbrevating d words naw..pls, I'm eagerly waiting for ur reply..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 7:26pm On Sep 11, 2012
Please, GRE takers who'd be writing in Oct/Nov/Dec lets meet here, https://www.nairaland.com/1022978/paper-based-gre-computer-based-gre-which ,to discuss and share experiences.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Theyjih: 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
Ollydon: oh! Keep on abbrevating d words naw..pls, I'm eagerly waiting for ur reply..

if u dnt mind try contacting him via his mail add so u can chat its better that way since all his post gets hidden..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 10:04pm On Sep 11, 2012
Ollydon: oh! Keep on abbrevating d words naw..pls, I'm eagerly waiting for ur reply..

Well I think MMIA means Murtala Muhammed Intl Airport. Imperiouxx correct me if i'm wrong o. Maybe they got a courier service or something.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 2:19am On Sep 12, 2012
Theyjih:
if u dnt mind try contacting him via his mail add so u can chat its better that way since all his post gets hidden..

Thanks. Ollydon should write me on imperiouxx at yahoo dot com

bigfrancis21:

Well I think MMIA means Murtala Muhammed Intl Airport. Imperiouxx correct me if i'm wrong o. Maybe they got a courier service or something.

That's right. Not courier but registered mail because EMS is a scam and Fedex is expensive except when you got fast approaching deadline.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 5:20am On Sep 12, 2012
GboyegaD:

Whatever is worth doing should be done rightly. Instead of learning to sign his signature even with his consent, why not save yourself some hassle and free his mind of stress that you may forge it again in the future by sending the documents to him to sign and him sending it back to you? Also, I would recommend you talk to the school's International Admission Office explaining your challenge to them and I can assure you they sure would accept the scanned documents for admission.
nyc 1 bro...i wil try contactin d skul
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obusco4lyfe(m): 5:22am On Sep 12, 2012
jimtosam:

Please, don't use the word forge again. Since your dad will give his consent .
dts true!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by nifty: 5:45am On Sep 12, 2012
hello guys am new here but i want to ask whats the best option while evaluating via wes should i use icap or basic but does american unis accept basic cause am transfering my credits from a naija university,nd dnpasion what uni are you applying to in virginiacause that where the school am transfering to is
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Theyjih: 7:54am On Sep 12, 2012
nifty: hello guys am new here but i want to ask whats the best option while evaluating via wes should i use icap or basic but does american unis accept basic cause am transfering my credits from a naija university,nd dnpasion what uni are you applying to in virginiacause that where the school am transfering to is
ICAP is better on the long run considering the fact u might want 2 further ur education around the world, the package saves yu a lot of stress u would go through now later... btw try make enquiry from ur school if their correspondence permits e-mail cos some schl like mine still live in the 18th century where they wldnt respond via mail or acknowledge such (embarassed) if that's the case yu might need 2 part wiv $60 to fastrack the delivery, if yu dont mind the cost or u can settle for d normal post which takes ***** days depends on ur schl location.. BTW i'm still waitin on ' em 4 my schl 2 receive the doc. hope i helped? if there's anything to add lotta Don's on here wld add to dis
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Baiyewu: 9:11am On Sep 12, 2012
kpolli:

Amen and thanks
bros wetin i do ypou now i don send my phone to your mail pls call me. in short send ur phone no and i will call you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 11:44am On Sep 12, 2012
nifty: hello guys am new here but i want to ask whats the best option while evaluating via wes should i use icap or basic but does american unis accept basic cause am transfering my credits from a naija university,nd dnpasion what uni are you applying to in virginiacause that where the school am transfering to is

Nothing is as better as WESICAP.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ollydon(m): 2:07pm On Sep 12, 2012
imperiouxx:

Thanks. Ollydon should write me on imperiouxx at yahoo dot com
I emailed u

That's right. Not courier but registered mail because EMS is a scam and Fedex is expensive except when you got fast approaching deadline.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 4:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
Baiyewu: bros wetin i do ypou now i don send my phone to your mail pls call me. in short send ur phone no and i will call you.

I didn't receive that email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2012
Hello guys. I had my interview today at abuja but I wasn't given. I was asked to re-apply. Felt like crying. I had to take a deep sleep to get my self and I'm just waking up. I will write how it went in a short while. I feel sick.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 4:26pm On Sep 12, 2012
Anthonymighty: Hello guys. I had my interview today at abuja but I wasn't given. I was asked to re-apply. Felt like crying. I had to take a deep sleep to get my self and I'm just waking up. I will write how it went in a short while. I feel sick.

Eeya. Relax. Just know its not just your time today. Many who have gotten it didn't get it at their first try. You will next time. Do post your experience for us here to read and point put the likely mistakes you made for a better interview next time. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 4:44pm On Sep 12, 2012
After so much biometrics at number 5 stand...and waiting...there were only 2 people interviewing...A man on Number 7 I think in his late 30's and a woman at number 9 other stands where empty. I was saying abi this people no dey come work again?. Anyways I was studying them as usual, I noticed the guy was friendly to females and the woman was a little friendly but calm and strict. But in general they were only giving out visas to parent and parent(s) who came with their kids. They gave all of them visas. But they denied 4 students that that went before me and the guy gave just 1 student then called me for my turn. Here was how It went:

VO: Good afternoon sir.
Me: good afternoon sir
VO: I can see you got admitted into school XYZ
ME: yes
VO: How many schools did you apply too and how many admitted you
ME: I applied to 3 schools.(I named them) but just school XYZ admitted. (Vo started typing)
VO: How long are you planning to study there for:
ME: 55 months
VO: how did you come about the school
ME: I am a member of IEEE and we have a student forum where prospective students interact with themselves and a friend of mine from this school told me about it
VO: How much is your tuition fee
ME: I told him the amount excluding accomodation
VO: your i-20 here states you are a student ( I was wondering what he meant by that)
Me: YES.
VO: so which school do you attend
ME: I told him NO, I'm not a student here. I'm only a student planning to study at school XYZ ( those are the exact words I told him...I had a feeling I had begin to mess finz up)
VO: Where do you work
ME: I don't work
VO: How do you intend to pay the fees
Me: My dad is paying
VO: what does he do
ME: He import and sell cars
VO: oh! Ok does he import new or used cars
Me: I said New cars at first...then I don't know what made me include used. I told him new and used cars ( I believe I made another mess here again)
VO: where do you live
Me: Lagos but we have a house here in abuja.
Vo: family house
Me: yes

Then the vo keeps typing like forever and after the typing he put my DS-160 form in one cabinet and brought out a white photocopied paper: and he said; Unfortunately you are ineligible for a non-immigrant visa today. The white paper I gave you explains it all. You may consider re-applying. Then my face changed and I started feeling sick. And I left. But I will go back there...but it would be next semester. Because I was given a late resumption offer by my school because I couldn't get an early date so I'll have to defer my admission now and get a new i-20 for winter semester in January and try again.

Please great minds in the house, what could be the reason for my refusal. He didn't ask me for bank statement or sponsorship letter or any document I was expecting him to ask. Please kindly advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by bigfrancis21: 5:10pm On Sep 12, 2012
Anthonymighty: After so much biometrics at number 5 stand...and waiting...there were only 2 people interviewing...A man on Number 7 I think in his late 30's and a woman at number 9 other stands where empty. I was saying abi this people no dey come work again?. Anyways I was studying them as usual, I noticed the guy was friendly to females and the woman was a little friendly but calm and strict. But in general they were only giving out visas to parent and parent(s) who came with their kids. They gave all of them visas. But they denied 4 students that that went before me and the guy gave just 1 student then called me for my turn. Here was how It went:

VO: Good afternoon sir.
Me: good afternoon sir
VO: I can see you got admitted into school XYZ
ME: yes
VO: How many schools did you apply too and how many admitted you
ME: I applied to 3 schools.(I named them) but just school XYZ admitted. (Vo started typing)
VO: How long are you planning to study there for:
ME: 55 months
VO: how did you come about the school
ME: I am a member of IEEE and we have a student forum where prospective students interact with themselves and a friend of mine from this school told me about it
VO: How much is your tuition fee
ME: I told him the amount excluding accomodation
VO: your i-20 here states you are a student ( I was wondering what he meant by that)
Me: YES.
VO: so which school do you attend
ME: I told him NO, I'm not a student here. I'm only a student planning to study at school XYZ ( those are the exact words I told him...I had a feeling I had begin to mess finz up)
VO: Where do you work
ME: I don't work
VO: How do you intend to pay the fees
Me: My dad is paying
VO: what does he do
ME: He import and sell cars
VO: oh! Ok does he import new or used cars
Me: I said New cars at first...then I don't know what made me include used. I told him new and used cars ( I believe I made another mess here again)
VO: where do you live
Me: Lagos but we have a house here in abuja.
Vo: family house
Me: yes

Then the vo keeps typing like forever and after the typing he put my DS-160 form in one cabinet and brought out a white photocopied paper: and he said; Unfortunately you are ineligible for a non-immigrant visa today. The white paper I gave you explains it all. You may consider re-applying. Then my face changed and I started feeling sick. And I left. But I will go back there...but it would be next semester. Because I was given a late resumption offer by my school because I couldn't get an early date so I'll have to defer my admission now and get a new i-20 for winter semester in January and try again.

Please great minds in the house, what could be the reason for my refusal. He didn't ask me for bank statement or sponsorship letter or any document I was expecting him to ask. Please kindly advice.

From what I've read about what's on the mind of VOs, if you have more rejects than accepts, they believe you're generally not good enough for their academic standard. It's their way of knowing the student's academic strengths.

By asking you if you were working he wanted to know if you have ties to your home country, but I don't see that as a criteria for the visa na undecided. Someone here on NL who got his visa and posted his interview some pages back had to lie that he was working when the VO asked him. You may have to use this strategy next time.

By asking you if you were a student to which you unknowingly answered yes to, he may have felt you're already studying and don't need that of XYZ University. Unless you're on transfer.
New cars? He may have seen the insincerety in the statement when tokumbo cars are everywhere in Nigeria. Just saying.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by imperiouxx(m): 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2012
@Anthonymighty,

In case of next time you are working and for who? Your dad. Find something to attach yourself to in your dad's business and claim that what you have been doing. The number of admission isn't the issue but it's not your time that's why the VO didn't feel convince enough. Best of luck next time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
bigfrancis21:

From what I've read about what's on the mind of VOs, if you have more rejects than accepts, they believe you're generally not good enough for their academic standard. It's their way of knowing the student's academic strengths.

By asking you if you were working he wanted to know if you have ties to your home country, but I don't see that as a criteria for the visa na undecided. Someone here on NL who got his visa and posted his interview some pages back had to lie that he was working when the VO asked him. You may have to use this strategy next time.

By asking you if you were a student to which you unknowingly answered yes to, he may have felt you're already studying and don't need that of XYZ University. Unless you're on transfer.

If I had told them more than 1 school admitted me the VO would definitely ask for the other i-20 from the other school. And in the aspect of Working. I was going for undergraduate. I have a sponsor and docs to back it up. Why should I tell him I work? I still don't know why I was denied but I just believe I won't giveup. I have emailed my school now and I will defer to January.

Imperiouxx abeg help me look into this matter and pinpoint where I fuckup o...because I dey vex o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Anthonymighty(m): 7:37pm On Sep 12, 2012
imperiouxx: @Anthonymighty,

In case of next time you are working and for who? Your dad. Find something to attach yourself to in your dad's business and claim that what you have been doing. The number of admission isn't the issue but it's not your time that's why the VO didn't feel convince enough. Best of luck next time.

Oh! You mean I should have told him I work with my dad. That's right o!...anyways this is my first time and I have gathered some experience. I'll go back there and I am sure I would get it.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kacytunde: 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2012
Hello guys,

Pleas, I want to find out if its possible to use the same statement of account I used for the visa in two months ago.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Ovap: 7:59pm On Sep 12, 2012
my interview goes thus:
con: u're going to Atlanta Me: Yes
Con: for ur MBA? Me: yES
Con: are u applying to any schl apart from this? Me: No
Con: Which level of Education? Me: bachelor of engineering in mechanical engrg(trying to show my certificate but ignored)
Con: why not online program? Me:Masters is all about research, I need exposure and I need to be practically oriented, in which on-line program cant do these
Con: Why Project Management? Me: to be fulfilled AS AN ENGINEER, u need the basic management skills as henry fayol analysed it; initializing, planning or designing, Executing, Montoring and Closing.( try to xplain these points he cuts in)
Con: Do u write GRE? Me: No, but i meet up my school requirement thru evaluation of my transcript( give him admission list and my transcript but he ignored it)
Con: You are not eligible to be in US.Me: why?
Con: read it inside the white paper given to you. He denied me
strength me pls. some says because of my age 32yrs and my father still sponsored me(hE DIDNT ASKED ANYTHN ABT MY FATHER), some says cus of GRE.Pls what are my errors? WHAT CAN I DO NEXT?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obowunmi(m): 8:41pm On Sep 12, 2012
Imperiouxxx, pls how do we get in touch.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by obowunmi(m): 8:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
Ovap: my interview goes thus:
Con: Which level of Education? Me: bachelor of engineering in mechanical engrg(trying to show my certificate but ignored)
Con: why not online program? Me:Masters is all about research, I need exposure and I need to be practically oriented, in which on-line program cant do these
Con: Why Project Management? Me: to be fulfilled AS AN ENGINEER, u need the basic management skills as henry fayol analysed it; initializing, planning or designing, Executing, Montoring and Closing.( try to xplain these points he cuts in)
Con: Do u write GRE? Me: No, but i meet up my school requirement thru evaluation of my transcript( give him admission list and my transcript but he ignored it)
strength me pls. some says because of my age 32yrs and my father still sponsored me(hE DIDNT ASKED ANYTHN ABT MY FATHER), some says cus of GRE.Pls what are my errors? WHAT CAN I DO NEXT?

Not sure where in Atlanta you are going but GREs is an important prerequisite for grad school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by biofem2000: 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2012
Ovap: my interview goes thus:

Here are a few things I will point out; and I`ll be speaking from the Engineering point of view.
1. You don`t tell a non engineer you need Project Management to be fulfilled as an Egineer. Engineers practice PM unknowingly. While we do, we use some basik PM skills. However, 99.999% of our projects are not successful but we do not know it because for the most part we don`t even know what a project is. 3 things are important in project management. They are called the 3 constraints budget, time and deliverables. If you tweak one, the others get affected. these are the three things engineers play with a lot and this is where our projects fail. So its not that we are not fulfilled, its that our projects fail all the time. By failure I dont mean it does not get executed. I mean it goes over budget, it is not on time and we almost never get all of our deliverables.

2. You spoke about MBA and PM. What is the link? MBA with a major in PM or PM with a business minor? Excuse my ignorance.

3. Masters is not all about research. MBA is not about research. Project Management is hands on; its not about research. Really, you need a better reason why you want a traditional school as against online. Like...one on one interraction with professors and classmates, learning by presentation....stuff like that.

4. Age is not a problem, your father sponsoring you is not a problem.

5. When he said "why PM?", you didn`t talk about PM as it relates to your job or to the art and science of Project Management in Nigeria. You talked about Henry Fayol; some guy from out of space. I`ve never heard about him; I have been an engineer for 11yrs and managed projects actively for more than 5years. You notice he cut in; he didn`t want to hear about Henry. It should be about you and your plan. Your interview is your tiket to 3minutes of fame. 3 minutes to sell yourself and not some strange guy you read about.

Good luck.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.