Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,124 members, 7,957,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 (312377 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (273) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:23am On Oct 19, 2012
Anthonymighty:

You didnt get me well. I have my sevis receipt with me. What i'm asking is will the new i-20 carry the same sevis number or a different one. because if it carries a different one i will have to transfer the old sevis to the new sevis ID. and i dont know how to do that. You dig?

OO u haven't gotten the new I-20. . . . It should be the same but am not sure
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:26am On Oct 19, 2012
seadog1: Good day everyone.I must commend u all for dis great thread.Indeed it has bin of tremendous help to many.I ve a concern and it abt GRE.I want to ask if a GRE score of 286 is ok for admission in2 masters in IT.I did mine today and i must tell u it was nt funny.Pls advice me abt d score.

Depends on wat u got on the maths. . . That's most important
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:29am On Oct 19, 2012
olusnext082: HELP HELP HELP HELP"""" to all guru's in d house Please i would like to have the step by
step processing, every necessary thing to do. i just
finished my HND and i want to proceed with my career
(Elect/Elect) in USA. i'll like to hear from gurus' help please. I have friend in tx that wanted to help out but really don't knw where to start from.

Thanks pls I will like to c diffr response

So u want us to do everything for u? My advice, calm down. . . One step at a time, do ur NYSC then gain small experience b4 u "further" ur career
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Cuddlemii: 5:31am On Oct 19, 2012
kpolli:

Depends on wat u got on the maths. . . That's most important

Seriously? 200 and something wont cut it for the guy O.
It's better he gets into a school that doesn't require GRE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by kpolli(m): 5:33am On Oct 19, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Seriously? 200 and something wont cut it for the guy O.
It's better he gets into a school that doesn't require GRE.

I dunno about the new scale, always tot they were both over 170
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Cuddlemii: 5:35am On Oct 19, 2012
kpolli:

I dunno about the new scale, always tot they were both over 170

Oh, I thought its the old scale too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by seadog1: 6:56am On Oct 19, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Oh, I thought its the old scale too
It is 286 in d new scale.143 in verbal, 143 in quantitative.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by poopppyLiillyy: 9:01am On Oct 19, 2012
I was denied my F1 visa yesterday and dis how d interview went;

VO;why ar u going to d USA?
Me;to pursue my master of science in ....at .... Uni.
VO;how many schools do u apply too?
Me;5(named them)
VO;what was ur undergraduate major?
Me;......
Vo;who is sponsoring you?
Me;my Dad
V0;.What does he do?
Me;....
VO;how much does he earn?(Showed her d finiancial docs,but she couldn't check,so she just askd)just tell me how much?
Me;....per month
VO;did u write any exams?
Me;my course doesnt require any and I was giving a letter from my school.(Showed her d letter)(she collected it,checked and looked for my I-20,looked and threw back my exam letter at me.she asked for my admission letter,checked also and give it back and later told me I was denied)
What happend is I did an interview for fall bt was denied,so I only contacted my school for another I-20,and I totally forgot to ask them for another docs lik a new admssion letter,so it was still d same dated docs for fall that I took for a spring interview.
But now I av new docs,paid for another interview and I automatically got Oct 22 for another appointment,am so scared its too early and close.So scared I might be denied even entry for d interview talkless of being granted on any ground.Am thinkn its too close and dey can deny me due to that,cos I did one 18 Oct and got another 22.Pls I need an advice fast on what to do.is it safe for me to go.......pls advice me,its just monday and am pretty scared.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by olusnext082: 9:11am On Oct 19, 2012
kpolli:

So u want us to do everything for u? My advice, calm down. . . One step at a time, do ur NYSC then gain small experience b4 u "further" ur career

Really appreciate your contribution on dis; but I did my NYSC in 2011 and since then hav bn working as an IT officer in a ABC bank up till date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by chiomaodo: 9:26am On Oct 19, 2012
@ chiomaodo, were u putting on suit yesterday @ d us embassy?

was it d lady @ window 2 dat interview u ?

@jub009 Yeah i was putting on a black jacket,pink carmisole and black trouser and its d chinese lady dat interviewed me.can't rem d window.i think window 4 but nt too sure.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 9:31am On Oct 19, 2012
Hello, my fellow NLers....how una dey...I can see some progress reports, Good!, God will help all those preparing to come to the US and grant y'all favor...Just said I should hala from my village here in CA....cheers! grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by poopppyLiillyy: 9:35am On Oct 19, 2012
poopppyLiillyy: I was denied my F1 visa yesterday and dis how d interview went;

Me;5(named them)
Me;......
Me;my Dad
V0;.What does he do?
Me;....
VO;how much does he earn?(Showed her d finiancial docs,but she couldn't check,so she just askd)just tell me how much?
Me;....per month
Me;my course doesnt require any and I was giving a letter from my school.(Showed her d letter)(she collected it,checked and looked for my I-20,looked and threw back my exam letter at me.she asked for my admission letter,checked also and give it back and later told me I was denied)
What happend is I did an interview for fall bt was denied,so I only contacted my school for another I-20,and I totally forgot to ask them for another docs lik a new admssion letter,so it was still d same dated docs for fall that I took for a spring interview.
But now I av new docs,paid for another interview and I automatically got Oct 22 for another appointment,am so scared its too early and close.So scared I might be denied even entry for d interview talkless of being granted on any ground.Am thinkn its too close and dey can deny me due to that,cos I did one 18 Oct and got another 22.Pls I need an advice fast on what to do.is it safe for me to go.......pls advice me,its just monday and am pretty scared.

Is anybody there?I need urgent help?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by walex57(m): 9:35am On Oct 19, 2012

Me;5(named them)
Me;......
Me;my Dad
V0;.What does he do?
Me;....
Me;....per month
The date doesn't really matter, what matters is if your overall condition since your last interview has changed significantly...that is if you were given any white paper...check for what reason you were denied, it should be "ticked" on the rejection paper/letter you were given...another thing you need is confidence and favor, Pray before you go and have the belief that you'll get it. Moreover how come you still went for a visa interview yesterday when you were expecting new docs? undecided...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by poopppyLiillyy: 9:57am On Oct 19, 2012
walex57:
The date doesn't really matter, what matters is if your overall condition since your last interview has changed significantly...that is if you were given any white paper...check for what reason you were denied, it should be "ticked" on the rejection paper/letter you were given...another thing you need is confidence and favor, Pray before you go and have the belief that you'll get it. Moreover how come you still went for a visa interview yesterday when you were expecting new docs? undecided...

I already got the I-20,it was just d admision letter,bt that can be send online.its 241b that was on d white sheet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by masterprad: 10:02am On Oct 19, 2012
poopppyLiillyy:

Is anybody there?I need urgent help?

What Should You Do In Case of a 214b Visa Denial?

If you were refused a visa under section 214(b), you may reapply. When you do, you will have to show further evidence of your ties or how your circumstances have changed since the time of the original application.

First, carefully review your situation and realistically evaluate your ties. You may want to write down on paper an outline of what qualifying ties you think you have that may not have been properly evaluated at the time of your interview with the consular officer. Also, you should review any documents that were submitted for the consul to consider, and look at what documents could have been presented that weren’t.

It may help to answer the following questions before reapplying:
Did you explain your situation accurately?
Did the consular officer overlook something?
Is there any additional information you can present to establish your residence and strong ties abroad?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by poopppyLiillyy: 10:16am On Oct 19, 2012
masterprad:

What Should You Do In Case of a 214b Visa Denial?

If you were refused a visa under section 214(b), you may reapply. When you do, you will have to show further evidence of your ties or how your circumstances have changed since the time of the original application.

First, carefully review your situation and realistically evaluate your ties. You may want to write down on paper an outline of what qualifying ties you think you have that may not have been properly evaluated at the time of your interview with the consular officer. Also, you should review any documents that were submitted for the consul to consider, and look at what documents could have been presented that weren’t.

It may help to answer the following questions before reapplying:
Did you explain your situation accurately?
Did the consular officer overlook something?
Is there any additional information you can present to establish your residence and strong ties abroad?

Yeah,but I av a very string tie.....also what of if the VO isn't askn me a question that will make me say or link d interview to shown or sayn anytn abt the ties or any other strong additional docs that I av?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jub009: 10:20am On Oct 19, 2012
@ chiomaodo, it was window 5, it was a guy @ window 4. Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jub009: 10:26am On Oct 19, 2012
@ poppylilly, could u pls hw where u able to book a new appointment within the short period?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by chiomaodo: 10:41am On Oct 19, 2012
jub009: @ chiomaodo, it was window 5, it was a guy @ window 4. Congrats

Tnx.how was urs?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jub009: 10:46am On Oct 19, 2012
D guy @ window 4, denied me without asking for a single docs. But planning 2 re-apply within d short period.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by tochionwualoya: 10:59am On Oct 19, 2012
demmyrulz:

Please I need GRE and Toefl materials. Kindly please assist by sending through my mailbox adeoluborode@hotmail.com or ademolaoluborodeyahoo.com

Thank you.
PLS I NEED GMAT AND TOEFL MATERIAL. THANKS- THROUGH MY MAIL BOX..tochionwualo@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 11:12am On Oct 19, 2012
jub009: D guy @ window 4, denied me without asking for a single docs. But planning 2 re-apply within d short period.

Give us the breakdown of how your interview went so that we can know how to advice accordingly.
To everyone planning to go for interview, I wish you guyz success. Remember to put God first and make all preparation handy, believe me the Visa is yours if you have the positive mindset. So guys 4 spring addmission, your visas are waiting 4 u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by jub009: 11:25am On Oct 19, 2012
@ lanrepaddy , my visa category was meant for visiting(B1/B2), check d US visit visa thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by poopppyLiillyy: 12:11pm On Oct 19, 2012
poopppyLiillyy:

Yeah,but I av a very string tie.....also what of if the VO isn't askn me a question that will make me say or link d interview to shown or sayn anytn abt the ties or any other strong additional docs that I av?

@masterprad am waiting pls.d VO questions were just straight and forward with a one word answers...so no time to be explaining what and what ur plans or other docs of ties ar.So what should I do now?should I go?
One more thing,I changed sponsor from my step-bro in d first interview to my dad in d 2nd one,hope that's nt also a denial factor?dou am nt planning to change again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 19, 2012
Hello Nlanders,
Is it advisable for one to go ahead and do gre although it's not a requisite?
Also, will it be late for some1 going for spring 13 sessiôn?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 19, 2012
Euma: Hello Nlanders,
Is it advisable for one to go ahead and do gre although it's not a requisite?
Also, will it be late for some1 going for spring 13 sessiôn?

Still do it. They love to know you did it. Pls do it just for the Embassy sake. Remember Embassy holds your pass and not the school.You can register on Monday and write it on Friday of the same week if can.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 19, 2012

Me;5(named them)
Me;......
Me;my Dad
V0;.What does he do?
Me;....
Me;....per month

Hey. The desperation is too glaring. Why don't you take your time, do GRE or sth and head back after a while? I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 19, 2012
Thanks ferdiii,
Do you know of any centre here in lagos where one can register?

ferdiii:

Still do it. They love to know you did it. Pls do it just for the Embassy sake. Remember Embassy holds your pass and not the school.You can register on Monday and write it on Friday of the same week if can.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 19, 2012
Euma: Thanks ferdiii,
Do you know of any centre here in lagos where one can register?

Also, kindly send me helpful GRE materials if you have them. Or refer me to a link or whatever.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by poopppyLiillyy: 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2012
ferdiii:

Hey. The desperation is too glaring. Why don't you take your time, do GRE or sth and head back after a while? I wish you all the best.

Hmmmmm...Good Ides!Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by poopppyLiillyy: 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2012
poopppyLiillyy:

Hmmmmm...Good Idea!Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 by lanrypaddy: 2:23pm On Oct 19, 2012
poopppyLiillyy:

@masterprad am waiting pls.d VO questions were just straight and forward with a one word answers...so no time to be explaining what and what ur plans or other docs of ties ar.So what should I do now?should I go?
One more thing,I changed sponsor from my step-bro in d first interview to my dad in d 2nd one,hope that's nt also a denial factor?dou am nt planning to change again.

You guys that are going 4 Ʊя̲̅ interview pretty soon, I wanna tell You that do not expect the VO †̥ ask You some questions You feel can improve your chance of getting the visa. Instead, look Fø̲̣̣я̅ a way 2 drag or force the VO †̥ ask dat question like in your first 2 †̥ 3 answers make sure You presented yourself well and organise all your strong points in those statements. Fø̲̣̣я̅ instance,
What are Ʊ going †̥ do in US?
Correct answer like: †̥ study masters in .... @ ...university. Here You must be conversant ωΐт̃ђ your course, department and school.
Second questn; Why US?
Correct answer like; US Ȋ̝̊̅§ well known 4 its outstanding level of education ωΐт̃ђ flexible course curriculum, practically oriented, and finish it ωΐт̃ђ US degree Ȋ̝̊̅§ well recognised, respected and accepted in Nigeria and this will give You edge over your mates in securing your dream job in Nigeria.
Why Bleep university?
good research and laboratory facilities in your school and make sure You find a name of one professor in your department that You can say ure interested in his research coz this area of research Ȋ̝̊̅§ highly needed in Nigeria (our owns' country).......Chikena Ʊ don hammer the interview be dat and Ʊ gonna see that any other questions d VO gonna ask You will be within that answers...Your financial and every other docz shd be handy.
Make sure You are well prepared on what Ʊя̲̅ course Ȋ̝̊̅§ all about and what type of research You wanna do and a little bit of how Ʊ can do dat...Hope Ʊ get what I'm trying 2 say? Success 2u as I contribute M̶̲̥̅Ɣ own quota.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (273)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.