Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Goldie Apologises To Nigerians - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Goldie Apologises To Nigerians (25963 Views)

Denrele Visits Late Goldie's Grave, Pays Emotional Tribute (Photos) / Pictures Of Goldie & Prezzo At Channel O House Party / Goldie Visits Prezzo In kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by Nickonomakaveli(m): 8:18pm On Jul 20, 2012
Nigerian Singer, Goldie Harvey, has apologised to Nigerians who felt disappointed over her uncontrolled emotions while representing the country at the ongoing Big Brother StarGame in South Africa.

In a chat with P.M.NEWS at a special media session yesterday at Protea Hotel, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria, Goldie said she was sorry if Nigerians had seen another character different from the usual Goldie that thrill them as an entertainer.

“I want to tell Nigerians that I am so sorry. I am human just like everyone. I am an extremely emotional person. Everybody has two sides. What we entertainers represent on stage is different from who we are off stage. And I didn’t go into the Big Brother StarGame with any strategy. I went in there as an individual and just to be my real self. And that’s what Africa saw. I didn’t go into that house as Goldie, the performer, I was in there as Susan. Fortunately, my teeming fans got to see the human side of me and not the woman they see on stage,” she stressed.

Goldie insists that she was her true self from the beginning of the show till last Sunday when she was evicted.

“I wear my heart on my sleeve. I am brought up to be loyal and be truthful to everyone. I am not the type that plot or play schism. So, when I.K. showed me the nomination last Sunday, the discovery was shocking and my knees went weak. Every other guy had like 8, 6 and 5 nominations, but I had just two. And I was the one to leave. I felt betrayed when I discovered one of the persons that nominated me for eviction,” Goldie told P.M.NEWS.

On her 70-day run in the house, Goldie explained that she was overwhelmed by the positive lessons she learned about other African cultures. She said whatever people might say, she is convinced that she represented Nigeria well in the house as she showed to the rest of Africa that rare qualities of Nigerians.

“Nigerians are loving, caring and religious people. We have high moral standards. And all these qualities I tried to exhibit while in the Big Brother house,” she stated.

After an impressive 70-day run, Goldie, Nigeria’s last representative at the ongoing reality TV show, was booted out of the show on Sunday night. Nigeria had won the show on three consecutive occasions—Kevin Pam in 2009, Uti Nwachukwu in 2010 and Karen Igho in 2011.

After an impressive run and unexpected voluntary exit of other two Nigerian representatives, Ola and Chris, from this year’s show, a lot was expected from Goldie, as the only Nigerian left in the show. But on the contrary, many Nigerians vent their anger on her as she was seen to be on the hunt for love than the $300,000 prize at stake and honour for her father land.

On her tumultuous relationship with fellow housemate, Prezzo, The Kennis Music recording diva said the Kenyan-born rapper told her that he has been separated from his wife for two years now.

She added that she didn’t regret giving her heart to the Kenyan because she saw in him as a gentle person and he seemed to be intelligent.

“You had about 50 cameras to watch you but I had only two eyes and two ears and I believed in what I saw. But when I heard everything he had said, I was sad, but I realise that he went into the house to play a game. I have learnt my lesson and I am stronger for it,” the singer said

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/07/20/i-am-sorry-goldie-apologises-to-nigerians/

1 Like

Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by Kslib(m): 8:49pm On Jul 20, 2012
Ok
Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by parryon(f): 10:12pm On Jul 20, 2012
Yeah right Goldie!!! Every other person in the house including prezzo went to the house to play a game except you. Kindly stop compounding your dumbness please because even an idiot knows BBA is a GAME. You should have told us you were looking for love then we wouldn't have bothered allowing you to go....we would have simply sent someone ready to play the game and bring the cash home.

JUST STOP TALKING....okay?

17 Likes

Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by Eve100000: 11:20pm On Jul 20, 2012
parryon: Yeah right Goldie!!! Every other person in the house including prezzo went to the house to play a game except you. Kindly stop compounding your dumbness please because even an idiot knows BBA is a GAME. You should have told us you were looking for love then we wouldn't have bothered allowing you to go....we would have simply sent someone ready to play the game and bring the cash home.

JUST STOP TALKING....okay?

My sister you've said it all!!!
Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 20, 2012
What is paining me about dis whole tin in her matter is dat she has given other guys in and out off bba a wrong impression of who nigerian ladies really are.she made us appear cheap and sluttish,and some silly guys on nl were sayin goldie (bororo) is a reflection of d typical naija girl.d annoying part of it is dat she wont stop talkin.dis afternoon sef she went to adress an interview on wazobia fm.chai,dat girl is so annoying. No self respect plus she talks too much.i wish i was her elder sister.if i know d day shes comin ill give her a hard resoundin slap from d door.i wont even welcome her with a hug n all.tramp! Mshewwwww

6 Likes

Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by Soflex(m): 12:03am On Jul 21, 2012
I've heard: you've made enough money, u only entered d game in search of your life partner whom you couldn't find in Nigeria. Come to think of it, you should be in kenya (abi, where d prince charming dey stay sef?) waiting for Prezzo to return as an emotional being that you are, instead coming home to explain yourself to most of these your bros that wont understand even if u book d whole advertising slots left in NTA for d rest of d year to tell them how you fell for d supposedly intelligent guy.

1 Like

Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by LYNDDY(f): 12:21am On Jul 21, 2012
the harm as already been done,we dont need ur apologies,i cant stil get over d fact she really made a mess of rep.ing 9ja.@ 1st i tried 2 justify her actions,based on d fact dat she's human,but as tym goes on,shame sef no fit mak me defend her again 4 facebook.kai.......the girl messd up big tym.

1 Like

Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by Diligence: 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2012
Lessons hv bn learnt... move on and up! To other aspirants: neva lose focus and don't be petty; it's a serious business rep ur country on an international stage!
Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by sholay2011(m): 2:24pm On Jul 21, 2012
Goldie- foolish version of lady gaga....we don hear u. Gerrout of our frontpage news.

3 Likes

Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by Ajillo: 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2012
If she knew we all were watching then she was also playing a game. Forget what she says in FM or Wazobia about being herself.
Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 2:33pm On Jul 21, 2012
It was strategy not planned well, she was also playing the game.
Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by invectives(m): 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2012
Goldie,go die.wankster,in pidginebonics,youzz a person,jus go die jooor... grin cheesy
Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by Physicist(m): 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2012
What did she do that was wrong? I remembered one Ofunneka that was f i n g e r e d in the P U $ $ Y a few years ago on BBA by one Richard grin grin grin . Was she worse than Ofunneka? Nigerian girls\ladies and their pretense of morality shocked shocked shocked. Before you start abusing me, I have mother and sisters. I love women, but I detest fake holiness attitude of many (not all) Nigerian ladies.

8 Likes

Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by Sagytarius(m): 2:42pm On Jul 21, 2012
e dey pain me. I mean, I dey vex! e dey boil for my blood. E dey pepper me! Goldie, if u know as e dey pinch me ehn? Kaiii. Make person hol' me o! Before I...
Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by RuuDie(m): 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2012
YES, YES and YES!!!

She is the true reflection of the average naija girl --- show 'film trick' for outside, mean'a while'a for inside dem no get nat'thing!

angry
Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by Yinkay: 2:45pm On Jul 21, 2012
Why apologising to Nigerians,as if she will share the prize money to all Nigerians if she had won.better start on rebuilding yr musical carrier

2 Likes

Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 21, 2012
She has displayed how cheap she is even in public eye.
Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by tope3x(m): 2:46pm On Jul 21, 2012
e no go better for her
Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by Deiok(m): 2:53pm On Jul 21, 2012
Goldie is a total disappiontment to nigeria. She doesnt posses any true naija quality.
Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by Michky: 2:56pm On Jul 21, 2012
BOLAJIAJANI: It was strategy not planned well, she was also playing the game.
Exactly!!
Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 21, 2012

4 Likes

Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by klax(m): 3:02pm On Jul 21, 2012
Goldie! Goldie!! Goldie!!! How many time do I call you?? May God punish you say Amen>

You are simply mad and a full time bitch slot for embarrassing Nigeria in a show that you are never the first girl to go their for disgracing us and make Nja babe look cheap may God punish you.

Just keep shut your smelling shameless cheapy mouth and go to h e l l. You are simply worst than a prostitute, she goat.

Moderator remove this nonsense from front page plz she is annoying me so much. One stupid Kenya slow poke handling you like a bloody slot and you are talking Goldie I say may God punish you one more time. Ode(fool) Ewu(Goat) Anufia,Ashawo, sharamuta, stupid, i d i o t oloshi omo, animal.

5 Likes

Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by yamunla(m): 3:03pm On Jul 21, 2012
This Goldie needs more attention..its like she is enjoyin the hype she is gaining from this her stoopid life..
Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 21, 2012
@Golden better don't release any other track cos Nigerians are not willing to throw free money at a cheap slut bucket...

1 Like

Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by joey4jo: 3:03pm On Jul 21, 2012
can somebody please tell me where shes from? i always assumed she was an igbo girl, till someone recently told me shes youruba... its not like it has anything to do with her, i am just curious.
Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 21, 2012
The title of the topic should be 'Goldie apologises to Nairalanders' coz they are the one who gives a phuck about her.
In short every one face their own life.
Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by tope3x(m): 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2012
ones again, e no go better for her.......she's nothing but a cheap slut, Nigerian ladies with their stupidity
Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by HayZee06(m): 3:11pm On Jul 21, 2012
Hmmm! I tink she jst blew off once in a lyf tym opportunity, she tried her best tho bt BBA isn't a place 2 find love.....welcome home miss Goldie. ;DHmmm! I tink she jst blew off once in a lyf tym opportunity, she tried her best tho bt BBA isn't a place 2 find love.....welcome home miss Goldie.
Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by HayZee06(m): 3:13pm On Jul 21, 2012
tope3x: ones again, e no go better for her.......she's nothing but a cheap slut, Nigerian ladies with their stupidity
. Haha! Bro dnt curse her na @least she try small
Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by EmmyBoy2(m): 3:19pm On Jul 21, 2012
joey4jo: can somebody please tell me where shes from? i always assumed she was an igbo girl, till someone recently told me shes youruba... its not like it has anything to do with her, i am just curious.
shes from Kenyatta in Enugu..lols, bt seriously where she comes from doesnt matter now. She shlda booked s flight straight to Kenya and hide away in shame for say 6months, come back 2 9ja, pack her stuff and head right back to where she came from

1 Like

Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by slimdiggi: 3:20pm On Jul 21, 2012
Its true wat they say dat blondes are dumb,so from now on your name shall be Blondie,kennis music take note cool

1 Like

Re: Goldie Apologises To Nigerians by Meks22(m): 3:24pm On Jul 21, 2012
Worst ever Naija rep in BBA history....very stupid n annoying.Jst went there to spoil our C.V

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Dorcas Fapson Is A Liar" - Tunde Ednut Reacts Taxify Driver Vs Actress Face Off / D'banj Poses With Albert Einstein Statue / Ciara Vs Rihanna Who''s Beautiful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.