Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (898079 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:21pm On Sep 08, 2017
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 8:29pm On Sep 08, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
If you know what Is good for you, do not go near this car.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5935779_screenshot20170908184940_jpeg55cf8c10ea5630222f14c18a78938692

Dem dey advise the guy, e say na to kpeme dey hungry am.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Coolgent(m): 11:54pm On Sep 08, 2017
waledeji:
Bros check this one out. I saw this one olx and is 800k last
It looks nice but becareful there are many scammers at olx, also i dont know anytin about Mazda.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by eghuan1(m): 9:36am On Sep 09, 2017
Please I need urgent advise o. My D light (that's the indicator for drive in the gear indicateor on the dashboard) keeps blinking and the car is not moving well.

I noticed this yesterday night, what could be the issue
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:41am On Sep 09, 2017
eghuan1:
Please I need urgent advise o. My D light (that's the indicator for drive in the gear indicateor on the dashboard) keeps blinking and the car is not moving well.

I noticed this yesterday night, what could be the issue

scan transmission
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by realbee(m): 6:47pm On Sep 09, 2017
Hi everyone, Please I need urgent advice, I drive a 2006 Honda accord (bought as Nigerian use in April this year). I changed the front left (driver side) shaft in early June and few weeks later, I started hearing some noise from that end while driving on the new Ikorodu road (at speed of around 80km/ph). I took it to my mech immediately I got home and after investigating, we discovered the hub is damaged.
There is nothing wrong with the hub before the shaft change and it was not giving any noticeable sign prior to this. I changed the complete hub on the advice of my mech.

Less than a month later (sometimes in July), I started to notice the driver side tire shakes when I accelerate, took it to mech again, we jacked it up and noticed the tire is shaking, investigated further and the hub is damaged again, I was furious because we bought a tokunbo at 13k on the advice of this guy (I'll like to add here that this is my first car, I have only used it for 5 months and hence, just getting to know and understand things about cars in depth). This time he suggested we install a new hub ring instead of buying the entire hub. We did this at a cost of 8k plus workmanship.

Yesterday I went to pick my fiancee from her Ikorodu home and again, I start to notice the vibrations again when I speed. Went to mech again, alas, the hub ring is damaged, again! after arguing back and forth. My mech just `discovered` the shaft I changed in June has a smaller head (the side that was suppose to fit into the hub ring, the green part in the sample image below) and does not fit perfectly into the hub, causing it to move and vibrate inside the hub ring and hence damaging it.

I'll need the advice of the experts in the house if this is possible as I don't trust the words of my mech again, do Honda accord shaft differ (his excuse is that the one fitted initially might be for a 04/05 accord) and can this really continuously break the hub ring? I am also open to advice and suggestions from the experts and anyone who has experienced something similar. My mech is suggesting we change the shaft as well as reinstall a new hub ring.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2017
realbee:
Hi everyone, Please I need urgent advice, I drive a 2006 Honda accord (bought as Nigerian use in April this year). I changed the front left (driver side) shaft in early June and few weeks later, I started hearing some noise from that end while driving on the new Ikorodu road (at speed of around 80km/ph). I took it to my mech immediately I got home and after investigating, we discovered the hub is damaged.
There is nothing wrong with the hub before the shaft change and it was not giving any noticeable sign prior to this. I changed the complete hub on the advice of my mech.

Less than a month later (sometimes in July), I started to notice the driver side tire shakes when I accelerate, took it to mech again, we jacked it up and noticed the tire is shaking, investigated further and the hub is damaged again, I was furious because we bought a tokunbo at 13k on the advice of this guy (I'll like to add here that this is my first car, I have only used it for 5 months and hence, just getting to know and understand things about cars in depth). This time he suggested we install a new hub ring instead of buying the entire hub. We did this at a cost of 8k plus workmanship.

Yesterday I went to pick my fiancee from her Ikorodu home and again, I start to notice the vibrations again when I speed. Went to mech again, alas, the hub ring is damaged, again! after arguing back and forth. My mech just `discovered` the shaft I changed in June has a smaller head (the side that was suppose to fit into the hub ring, the green part in the sample image below) and does not fit perfectly into the hub, causing it to move and vibrate inside the hub ring and hence damaging it.

I'll need the advice of the experts in the house if this is possible as I don't trust the words of my mech again, do Honda accord shaft differ (his excuse is that the one fitted initially might be for a 04/05 accord) and can this really continuously break the hub ring? I am also open to advice and suggestions from the experts and anyone who has experienced something similar. My mech is suggesting we change the shaft as well as reinstall a new hub ring.

The lord is saying, stop goingg to ikorodu cheesy

Wrong Cv joint damaging Wheel bearing/Hub.

Replace mechanic.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by realbee(m): 7:17pm On Sep 09, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Replace mechanic.

My Oga I cannot stop o, my fiancee is living there and man has to visit once in a while, except if you have another okpeke you want to dash me cheesy.

Thanks for your quick response boss. I'll probably disturb you on phone by Monday.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:22pm On Sep 09, 2017
realbee:

My Oga I cannot stop o, my fiancee is living there and man has to visit once in a while, except if you have another okpeke you want to dash me cheesy.

Thanks for your quick response boss. I'll probably disturb you on phone by Monday.

I hope shes on NL, you will explain ya sef cheesy

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tundechange: 2:34am On Sep 10, 2017
Hi, please I will like to know if Honda Civic 2002 model do have ball joint issues like the rest.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by damuseron(m): 7:55pm On Sep 10, 2017
luvinhubby:

If he did, then why? May have left a bolt slacked after he 'checked'.

Annual replacement of suspension parts (c.v joints, ball joints, tie-rod ends and upper control arms). Make sure you get genuine parts.

Oga luvinhubby, I need to bring my car for check up by your expert hands. When can that be possible please?
Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
damuseron:

Oga luvinhubby, I need to bring my car for check up by your expert hands. When can that be possible please?
Thank you.

Anytime, just call before you start coming.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tundechange: 8:31pm On Sep 10, 2017
tundechange:
Hi, please I will like to know if Honda Civic 2002 model do have ball joint issues like the rest.

Thanks

@luvinhubby, pls whats ur opinion on this. Am close to buying a type of this car and i need an honest opinion.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:37pm On Sep 10, 2017
tundechange:

@luvinhubby, pls whats ur opinion on this. Am close to buying a type of this car and i need an honest opinion.

Civics and CRV do not have issues of ball joints.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tundechange: 8:43pm On Sep 10, 2017
luvinhubby:

Civics and CRV do not have issues of ball joints.

Thank you for your timely response. God bless U.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:56pm On Sep 10, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Replace mechanic.

As i did not get your call, means those last engines are delivering maximum horse power. cool
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:24pm On Sep 10, 2017
luvinhubby:

As i did not get your call, means those last engines are delivering maximum horse power. cool

firing on all 8 cylinders!

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by damuseron(m): 12:25pm On Sep 11, 2017
luvinhubby:

Okay, should do so later in the week.
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by zeekleo(m): 8:13pm On Sep 11, 2017
Hello please I just got this Honda shuttle I have experienced Honda leg pulling already and someone told me the legs can be changed to Renault and all leg problems will stop how true is this ?

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:16pm On Sep 11, 2017
zeekleo:
Hello please I just got this Honda shuttle I have experienced Honda leg pulling already and someone told me the legs can be changed to Renault and all leg problems will stop how true is this ?

no, toyota legs are better, use te 4runner specs, it will never pull out.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:16pm On Sep 11, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Epic....... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 5:13am On Sep 12, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Funny enough, but the recipient may not see the sarcasm in your statement and attempt to do as stated.

7 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:14am On Sep 12, 2017
inze:

Funny enough, but the recipient may not see the sarcasm in your statement and attempt to do as stated.

shocked

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by funmike83(f): 6:17am On Sep 12, 2017
luvinhubby:

@ luvinghubby,Gazzuzz, hon musa please I need your help oo, just bought a nig used car 2008 Honda accord. Got someone to Chk for me and was told the was okay. Only for me to discover the eng is making a funny sound. I was told the engine is giving a knocking sound. More so anytime I start the car, it does not start once, I was told to change the fuel pump which u did and still giving me the same sound. I also noticed the engine gets hot ( not on the dash board o) but I mean physically and was told I need to change the radiator. Please I am so confused right now. Help me please
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:35am On Sep 12, 2017
funmike83:

@ luvinghubby,Gazzuzz, hon musa please I need your help oo, just bought a nig used car 2008 Honda accord. Got someone to Chk for me and was told the was okay. Only for me to discover the eng is making a funny sound. I was told the engine is giving a knocking sound. More so anytime I start the car, it does not start once, I was told to change the fuel pump which u did and still giving me the same sound. I also noticed the engine gets hot ( not on the dash board o) but I mean physically and was told I need to change the radiator. Please I am so confused right now. Help me please

Damage already done. Is it a V6 or 4cyl.

Next time pay a professional for a Pre-inspection to avoid expensive stories.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Move2(m): 8:35am On Sep 12, 2017
sirs,good morning. please I need your advice on my 2003 Honda EOD,4 plugs engine. it was giving out black smoke for some days,the Meko just refixed the airflow meter, said I should watch for some days before going to a rewire for possible trouble shooting. on Sunday,the car stopped by itself twice on the way to and from Church. though it restarted when kicked, it appears something is wrong.please sirs could you help?thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:36am On Sep 12, 2017
Move2:
sirs,good morning. please I need your advice on my 2003 Honda EOD,4 plugs engine. it was giving out black smoke for some days,the Meko just refixed the airflow meter, said I should watch for some days before going to a rewire for possible trouble shooting. on Sunday,the car stopped by itself twice on the way to and from Church. though it restarted when kicked, it appears something is wrong.please sirs could you help?thanks

Proper scan and diagnosis
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by funmike83(f): 9:31am On Sep 12, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Damage already done. Is it a V6 or 4cyl.

Next time pay a professional for a Pre-inspection to avoid expensive stories.

Please what do you meam by damage already done? It is 4 cyl.
I made a mistake by not getting a prof, please wat is the way forward, kindly assist
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:35am On Sep 12, 2017
funmike83:

Please what do you meam by damage already done? It is 4 cyl.
I made a mistake by not getting a prof, please wat is the way forward, kindly assist

what I mean I now you have a choice between fixing it right and enjoying the car, or continue to patch and suffer. At this point you need proper diagnosis and a comprehensive invoice for repair.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by funmike83(f): 10:31am On Sep 12, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

what I mean I now you have a choice between fixing it right and enjoying the car, or continue to patch and suffer. At this point you need proper diagnosis and a comprehensive invoice for repair.

Haba bro, if I wan patch I won't be here! The Mech here in Ibadan are just doing try ur luck. I will try and do the scan and let the house know. Thanks bro
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 10:51am On Sep 12, 2017
luvinhubby:

Oga do you have the automatic compressor (variable displacement) for EOD?

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.