Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (891292 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

let me add to your worries. your vehicle presently steers more to one side than the other.

Wickedness of the highest order shocked

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 7:46pm On Aug 29, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

let me add to your worries. your vehicle presently steers more to one side than the other.

jesu shocked gazzuzz how did you know?

The wheel actually tilts and steers a bit to the right once I'm driving straight and leave the steering wheel alone. I did wheel alignment today but nothing changed.

How were you able to diagnose this fault by just hearing of my replaced steering beam and the horn issue and what should I do to remedy it?

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CAPTAINBLACK01(m): 7:52pm On Aug 29, 2017
Good day to the house, Oga gazzuzz,kingrein, luvinhubby et.al greetings. Pls I need your advice on this, I had my regular oil change and noticed my mechanic having issues with the oil drain plug at the end of the tussle it got bent and was replaced with something different from this,

1. Should i replace with same, did he damage anything, will it cause leaks?

2. Power steering fluid is found on the passenger side tire and near the condenser I can't spot where it's coming from but Am guessing somewhere at the bottom

Honda Accord 03 V6. Thanks..

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by uwemjack(m): 8:37pm On Aug 29, 2017
stinville:
Hello house. There is this device i saw on facebook the other day where one can connect it to your car and using your Android phone, scan your car via Bluetooth . Does anyone use it here? Does it work like they claim?

I have it, I use it, and it works fine enough for diy
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by EMMNIG: 10:08am On Aug 30, 2017
Hello house, my Honda baby boy 4 cylinder American spec has an issue on gear and now the problms have been fixed but D4 light is not reflecting on the dashboard. pls help and GOD bless
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 30, 2017
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by MrBuzy: 6:05pm On Aug 30, 2017
MrBuzy:
Good Gazzuzz recently if I am driving my 2002 Honda Odyssey, the immobiliser light will continuously flash and go off (green light). Please what is wrong.

Good evening. Gazzuzz please recently if I am driving my 2002 Honda Odyssey, the immobiliser light will continuously flash and go off (green light). Please what is wrong.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2017
MrBuzy:

Good evening. Gazzuzz please recently if I am driving my 2002 Honda Odyssey, the immobiliser light will continuously flash and go off (green light). Please what is wrong.

a high end scanner can tell us why its blinking.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 1:39am On Aug 31, 2017
fullman:
Hello all, please anywhere I can get the original Honda dw1 transmission fluid in Ibadan.
Thanks

Hullo

PM me if you still need. I have 3 quarts of Honda Genuine ATF-DW1 to sell, in same location.

Cheers!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mokset123: 8:43am On Aug 31, 2017
thats 3 litres bah, how much do u intend to sell
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fullman(m): 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2017
nas00:

Hullo

PM me if you still need. I have 3 quarts of Honda Genuine ATF-DW1 to sell, in same location.

Cheers!
OK
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2017
stinville:
Hello house. There is this device i saw on facebook the other day where one can connect it to your car and using your Android phone, scan your car via Bluetooth . Does anyone use it here? Does it work like they claim?
Yes. It works well.. If you need it.. For a cheaper price.. Holla at me.. 08140077394. I currently use it..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oshiokpu(m): 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2017
Nice thread..check my signature if you want to get a clean nigerian used car at an affordable price
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nakoks(m): 8:38am On Sep 02, 2017
adanny01:

Honda does not produce ATF-Z1 any longer. The DW1 that Honda currently produces is backward compliant. That means any car tgat uses Z1 can use DW1. Honda manual says in the absence of both, use Dexron III until you find the right ATF.

My take is that they wont recommend any ATF that isnt theirs. I guess warrantee may not be voided by using Dexron III since they allowed its use for a short period.
Please i need concrete proof of this.I bought Honda ATF-ZI exactly two years ago and used on a Honda Accord.I just bought again last week and serviced the same gear and the vehicle still moves like new.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 9:15am On Sep 02, 2017
nakoks:

Please i need concrete proof of this.I bought Honda ATF-ZI exactly two years ago and used on a Honda Accord.I just bought again last week and serviced the same gear and the vehicle still moves like new.

You will only be lucky if its an old stock. You will be out of luck if its a fake.

Search Amazon, ebay etc, you will not find Z1. A search on Amazon for Z1 will refer you to DW1. The switch was in 2011.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nakoks(m): 9:27am On Sep 02, 2017
adanny01:

You will only be lucky if its an old stock. You will be out of luck if its a fake.

Search Amazon, ebay etc, you will not find Z1. A search on Amazon for Z1 will refer you to DW1. The switch was in 2011.

You are right its old stock.It served two years so i rule out fake.However i saw one on ebay.http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Honda-Acura-Genuine-OEM-Automatic-Transmission-Fluid-ATF-DW-1-ATF-Z1-3-Quarts-/132309487491?hash=item1ece428f83:g:wPIAAOSwGrFZfXFF&vxp=mtr
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 12:44pm On Sep 02, 2017
nakoks:

Obviously fake, that your car moves well now does not mean it is genuine, damages to transmissions oftentimes is gradual and may take a little while to be felt on the car shifts.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 12:46pm On Sep 02, 2017
nakoks:

You are right its old stock.It served two years so i rule out fake.However i saw one on ebay.http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Honda-Acura-Genuine-OEM-Automatic-Transmission-Fluid-ATF-DW-1-ATF-Z1-3-Quarts-/132309487491?hash=item1ece428f83:g:wPIAAOSwGrFZfXFF&vxp=mtr

The pix is a combination of both Z1 and DW1, the owner must have a forgotten can of Z1 somewhere that he wants to sell with his cureent DW1.

Take his advice, every can of Z1 in Nigeria is China cloned.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by eghuan1(m): 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2017
Does anyone know the price for timing belt of Acura TL 2004 model?

By the way what could cause a timing belt to cut? What are the signs that one experience before the belt cuts?

Please it's urgent
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nnamdibig(m): 1:20pm On Sep 02, 2017
Pls car gurus
Honda bullets(auto) starts when the gear is at D.
What could be the problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 1:22pm On Sep 02, 2017
eghuan1:
Does anyone know the price for timing belt of Acura TL 2004 model?

By the way what could cause a timing belt to cut? What are the signs that one experience before the belt cuts?

Please it's urgent

N2k China, N5k OEM.

Just some slight jerking or misfiring sometimes, but otherwise, no signs.

Just replace it after 70,000 km or once every 4yrs.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 1:23pm On Sep 02, 2017
nnamdibig:
Pls car gurus
Honda bullets(auto) starts when the gear is at D.
What could be the problem?

Gear range switch is faulty. Lucky it is starting.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by eghuan1(m): 1:29pm On Sep 02, 2017
luvinhubby:

N2k China, N5k OEM.

Just some slight jerking or misfiring sometimes, but otherwise, no signs.

Just replace it after 70,000 km or once every 4yrs.

Thanks man, a mechanic said it's 6500 but I don't know which one he is going to buy. And I have been experiencing some jerks when accelerating and I asked my mechanic, he said it's probably ball joints so was skeptical about it until the car stopped a few minutes to midnight two days ago on the long bridge on my way to ibafo.

Would have lost my life if not because of the men of the Nigerian Police, Ogun state service who stayed with me till dawn.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by igbsam(m): 4:01pm On Sep 02, 2017
guys, i need your advise. change the entire car engine of my 2003 EOD v6 engine (present engine is that of a 2003 oddyssey, moves well with a little hiccups though) and have the wiring done again from the scratch (kazeem don scatter am, cut and join, some sensors missing)....costs for doing this would be appreciated.

or

sell the car, add money join am and buy another car preferably a 2008 toyota camry or any nice ride that meets the elegance of my present Honda EOD.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nakoks(m): 7:59pm On Sep 02, 2017
luvinhubby:

Obviously fake, that your car moves well now does not mean it is genuine, damages to transmissions oftentimes is gradual and may take a little while to be felt on the car shifts.
If it doesn't show in 2 years then I wonder.Anyways repercussions of abuse to Honda transmission is instant.Once I poured seahorse into honda transmission when I was still a learner.The next day the gear kaput straight.Anyways will replace with DW1 for national peace and trqnquility.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 12:53am On Sep 04, 2017
luvinhubby:

Gear range switch is faulty. Lucky it is starting.
luvinhubby.. Gazzuzz.. Honmusa... My friends Honda eod Dosent start till after several cranks and till he puts the gear on neutral.. What could cause this house??
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mikylon(m): 1:37am On Sep 04, 2017
I use an acura mdx 2010 , each time I rev up (i.e push on the gas pedal) I hear this metallic grinding sound that looks to be coming from either the engine or mid section of the car.
whenever this happens, I would have to reduce my speed and the way I push on the gas pedal then the metallic grinding sound disappears.
I also have cylinder misfire codes P0301/302/303/304 and check emission system active.
kindly help out hear
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by honmusa(m): 6:25am On Sep 04, 2017
captainking:
My friends Honda eod Dosent start till after several cranks and till he puts the gear on neutral.. What could cause this house??
Electrical issue !!!what work was done on the car before the owner stated experiencing this issue

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by honmusa(m): 6:32am On Sep 04, 2017
mikylon:
I use an acura mdx 2010 , each time I rev up (i.e push on the gas pedal) I hear this metallic grinding sound that looks to be coming from either the engine or mid section of the car.
whenever this happens, I would have to reduce my speed and the way I push on the gas pedal then the metallic grinding sound disappears.
I also have cylinder misfire codes P0301/302/303/304 and check emission system active.
kindly help out hear
You car is pinging /detonation .Pinging is due to uneven combustion of air fuel mixture and resulting to spontaneous explosion which is the engine grinding noice u are getting.
Resolve the mixture issue and the grinding noice will go away !!

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 7:47am On Sep 04, 2017
honmusa:

Electrical issue !!!what work was done on the car before the owner stated experiencing this issue
I will ask him sir.. But meanwhile. My appointment with you still stands sir
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:00am On Sep 04, 2017
captainking:
luvinhubby.. Gazzuzz.. Honmusa... My friends Honda eod Dosent start till after several cranks and till he puts the gear on neutral.. What could cause this house??

Camshaft sensor - confirm with a scan.

Gear range switch - see pix

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:03am On Sep 04, 2017
honmusa:

You car is pinging /detonation .Pinging is due to uneven combustion of air fuel mixture and resulting to spontaneous explosion which is the engine grinding noice u are getting.
Resolve the mixture issue and the grinding noice will go away !!

My Honourable ranka dede. I learn from you steadily.

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.