Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (894764 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 10:27am On Aug 14, 2018
luvinhubby:

Hope you did not force a 2007 CRV O2 sensor into a 2011 CRV, they use same catalyst but different sensors.
Not at all. Issue beyond sensor now, but praying engine not damaged. If engine goes, I'm sure you'll be happy to have us as guests grin

But God forbid under Buhari. Babu changi
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by foztrot: 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2018
Thanks. Will inform the mechanic on this.

luvinhubby:

Throttle body(injector mouth) or Vtech sensor (raising switch) if you want your mechanic to understand.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by loodba: 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2018
Can gurus in the house pls advice regarding yhe solution my car is accord 2004t
Warm regards[/quote

Reminder pls

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 1:58pm On Aug 14, 2018
loodba:
Can gurus in the house pls advice regarding yhe solution my car is accord 2004t
Warm regards[/quote

Reminder pls

https://www.nairaland.com/996664/maintenance-tips-honda-cars/104#54766412

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2018
mayor2013:

Yes. Take back to factory spec.
Take out that yeye fuel pump. Get a complete untampered unit . Those pump alone are Chinese crap and would also cause a misfire. Excess black smoke was a result of the pulled out 02 sensor like I did explain earlier

Thanks Mayor2013. That your single response saved the day. You said return back to 02. We did and no stories. We couold have thought it was ECM, fuel pump, spark plugs, injector throttle body etc

A quick update. Car is back to 100% efficiency and Performance.

How did we do it? It was simple and straight forward. The panel beater pulled out a sensor and blocked the sensor inlet. 5 mins after, car started misfiring. This morning, removed the catalytic converter assembly from the manifold, started the car, rev up to 3000, inserted a different catalytic converter assembly, inserted the upstream and downstream sensor, started the car, all misfiring and 02 sensor code disappered. car has driving 15 miles from Ikeja down to Ikoyi, No single is back as at yet, and it was confortably doing 120kmph this afternoon, without hesitation.

Recall.
new fuel pump from Ebay/china
new set of plugs from Ebay/china
new set of injectors from Ebay/china
new 02 sensors from Ebay/china
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:54pm On Aug 14, 2018
davodyguy:

Thanks Mayor2013. That your single response saved the day. You said return back to 02. We did and no stories. We couold have thought it was ECM, fuel pump, spark plugs, injector throttle body etc

How did we do it? It was simple and straight forward. The panel beater pulled out a sensor and blocked the sensor inlet. 5 mins after, car started misfiring. This morning, removed the catalytic converter assembly from the manifold, started the car, rev up to 3000, inserted a different catalytic converter assembly, inserted the upstream and downstream sensor, started the car, all misfiring and 02 sensor code disappered. car has driving 15 miles from Ikeja down to Ikoyi, No single is back as at yet, and it was confortably doing 120kmph this afternoon, without hesitation.

Recall.

I doubt that. but congrats.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I doubt that. but congrats.

Thanks bro.

To clear your doubt, you can bring the best Scanner in the world and pay us a visit (will send you address via PM and pay for logistics cheesy)
Sometimes, we just need to pay attention to very very little details and not pulling down a whole building in an attempt to kill a rat grin grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2018
davodyguy:

Thanks bro.

To clear your doubt, you can bring the best Scanner in the world and pay us a visit (will send you address via PM and pay for logistics cheesy)
Sometimes, we just need to pay attention to very very little details and not pulling down a whole building in an attempt to kill a rat grin grin grin

Not necessary, you will be back on this matter.

. The panel beater pulled out a sensor and blocked the sensor inlet.

That's not how to fix a modern day car.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

By December, 2018 I refresh this post for you. If your prophesy fails, you owe me a launch at a nice restaurant in Wentworthville (NSW). They have a very nice club in that part of NSW. I enjoyed my 10 days stay last September cheesy wink

If others, I'll call you a master

GAZZUZZ:

Yes I agree on this. It is my error allowing him to have his way despite my experience in engineering and knowledge garnered on usage of cars. Poo does happen and we make mistakes to learn
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 4:39pm On Aug 14, 2018
davodyguy:

Thanks bro.

Just redo an engine decarbonisation
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 5:02pm On Aug 14, 2018
mayor2013:

Just redo an engine decarbonisation

I forgot to add that part.

The black smoke that came out of the exhaust was as thick as burning tires

See the two converter assemblies.

The first is the blocked one, the other is the replacement, which was fixed into the car now

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:33pm On Aug 14, 2018
davodyguy:

Recall.

Shows you have not being paying attention in this class, your punishment - 2 weeks supply of chilled Orijin coupled with asun made of local she goat.

Go and sin no more.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Piyke: 5:40pm On Aug 14, 2018
davodyguy:

Recall.

Piyke:

Beware of eBay. I have stopped shopping there. Chinese Kazeem part sellers full the place. Many of them will pose like they are in the US/UK only for you to click "place order" and later see "item shipped from shenzu" cheesy angry
I have series of experiences from self and family. On such sensitive items I only do OEM or the aftermarket guy that does the OEM e.g Denso does the oem O2 sensor for my accord but also has the aftermarket direct-fit one which is way cheaper.

So sorry to hear the overtorquing thing. This is common place in this country. You will even see some use an impact wrench (irrespective of speed/torque setting) to mount wheels. Their motto is tighten until it can move no more angry

You see. You bought shipped from Shenzu cheesy.
Those guys are infiltrating Amazon sef but it's not as bad as eBay.

Can you believe I bought an LG G2 phone then- brand new from Amazon. I was a novice and phone shipped from "Shenzu" (of course it was cheaper). Immeadiately I did an update the phone bricked! When I took it to LG Service Centre it was discovered that the logic board used in the phone was not the one meant for the version of LG G2 that I bought!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2018
luvinhubby:

Shows you have not being paying attention in this class, your punishment - 2 weeks supply of chilled Orijin coupled with asun made of local she goat.

Go and sin no more.
Baba. I no mind oo. Na you dey sell engine, I for don call Roland tire or send Mike to your shop.

We thank God oo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2018
Piyke:

You see. You bought shipped from Shenzu cheesy.
Those guys are infiltrating Amazon sef but it's not as bad as eBay.

Can you believe I bought an LG G2 phone then- brand new from Amazon. I was a novice and phone shipped from "Shenzu" (of course it was cheaper). Immeadiately I did an update the phone bricked! When I took it to LG Service Centre it was discovered that the logic board used in the phone was not the one meant for the version of LG G2 that I bought!
I wouldn't lie. I've been doing that for about 2 years now. My thinking is that buy new, since you don't know the mileage on the tokunbo you're buying
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nemadfsyahooc: 7:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
RICHIEBOI1:
Transmission gear oil gauge. this should be checked too and topped if its short. The radiator water should also be checked in the morning before starting the car.
Where is the transmission oil gauge located in Honda crv 2005.wants to check the tranny oil level. The SUV transmissions recently starts to delay before engaging while changing gear but runs fines when it enters the gear. Pls what could be the issue.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Singlesoul401: 1:34am On Aug 15, 2018
My honda baby 2000 consumes fuel what could be the possible cause and how to fix it I love this car so much looks and handles better than tiny light
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 1:56am On Aug 15, 2018
davodyguy:

Factory wins again! Maybe the manufacturers DID know what they were doing lol
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 1:57am On Aug 15, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Didn't he say it was reversed or did I misread?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 2:01am On Aug 15, 2018
davodyguy:

I wouldn't lie. I've been doing that for about 2 years now. My thinking is that buy new, since you don't know the mileage on the tokunbo you're buying

My biggest issue sometimes Amazon/eBay say a part is a fit and it is not. The sellers put the interchange info and sometimes it's wrong. If you're unlucky, what do you so with the misfit part?

Recommend when you find something on those sites, go to Carquest, advance, O'Reilley or even dealer to verify the part number interchange.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 2:02am On Aug 15, 2018
Singlesoul401:
My honda baby 2000 consumes fuel what could be the possible cause and how to fix it I love this car so much looks and handles better than tiny light

You're going to need to give a whole lot more detail than"I have a cough"
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Singlesoul401: 5:33am On Aug 15, 2018
radautoworks:

You're going to need to give a whole lot more detail than"I have a cough"

I noticed that 2k fuel won't even take me up to 40 mins drive
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 6:47am On Aug 15, 2018
Singlesoul401:

I noticed that 2k fuel won't even take me up to 40 mins drive

That still doesn't help. How long has this been going on? What was consumption like before? Have you had any recent work done to your car? Did you recently change driving pattern? Is your car behaving any differently apart from that? Any new sounds or smells?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nemadfsyahooc: 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2018
Pls someone help. My Honda crv 2005 transmissions recently starts to delay before engaging while changing from gear one to two but runs fines when it enters the gear. Pls what could be the issues.Also finding it difficult to locate the position of the transmission gearbox dipstick. Pls assist. Can I use Mobil ATF to service the transmission? Pls help oooo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2018
nemadfsyahooc:
Pls someone help. My Honda crv 2005 transmissions recently starts to delay before engaging while changing from gear one to two but runs fines when it enters the gear. Pls what could be the issues.Also finding it difficult to locate the position of the transmission gearbox dipstick. Pls assist. Can I use Mobil ATF to service the transmission? Pls help oooo

Replace or clean the gear switch.

The gear dip stick is on your gear, driver side of your engine. Unless broken.

Better for you to get the original Honda DW1, leave Mobil alone.

*Will help if you specify if it is a 4 x 4 or front wheel drive
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nemadfsyahooc: 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2018
luvinhubby:

Front wheel sir

*Will help if you specify if it is a 4 x 4 or front wheel drive
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nemadfsyahooc: 4:43pm On Aug 15, 2018
[quote author=luvinhubby post=70300870]

*Will help if you specify if it is a 4 x 4 or front wheel drive [/qu

It's a front wheel drive sir. Can I use Mobil xph to service the engine sir
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nemadfsyahooc: 10:37pm On Aug 15, 2018
OK sir. Pls where is the position of the switch
nemadfsyahooc:
Dipstick of the tyranny seems broken. How can it be fixed sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nemadfsyahooc: 10:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
Thank you sir. Pls where is the location of the gear switch sir. Can I DIY
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by texasbullet(m): 5:43am On Aug 16, 2018
Sellers how much is both upstream and downstream 02 sensor for Honda Accord 2005 abeg I wan buy and the two front abs sensor.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:06am On Aug 16, 2018
texasbullet:
Sellers how much is both upstream and downstream 02 sensor for Honda Accord 2005 abeg I wan buy and the two front abs sensor.

I assume it is a 4 cylinder engine.

Up stream - ₦15,000
Down stream - ₦15,000
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 8:29am On Aug 16, 2018

So how do you tell if your vehicle's catalytic converter, or "cat" as gearheads sometimes refer to it, is out of whack? And when should you count on having to replace it?

The truth is, on modern vehicles, the catalytic converter should last the life of the car or truck, given an "average" life of about 100,000 miles (160,934 kilometers). Good thing, too, because this auto part uses rare, precious and therefore expensive metals such as gold, palladium or rhodium. They act as catalysts in chemical reactions that convert air-polluting oxides of nitrogen, unburned fuel and carbon monoxide into plain old nitrogen, carbon dioxide and water.

So, when you buy Tokunbo, that's its over 100k miles as its often done in Nigeria, how will the converter perform?

Just trying to compare used with new

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.