Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889261 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 4:31pm On Jul 02, 2020
kingreign:

Anyone who follows this flawed tips and ill advice from this highly ignorant author will have him/her self to blame.

You sef see am sad

#iWeak

Maybe the post should be removed. It can mislead people into incurring costly damages and/or endanger life!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2020
Preator:

How much is the instrument cluster please and cost of sending it to Arepo, just after the OPIC long bridge?

@Luvinhubby

Sir,

If you think water got into any of your fuse boxes recently, you may want to let them dry out first and observe if things go back to normal.

If not, you may go ahead and replace.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2020
Tolutopsy:

Is there a way I can check this?

Also, Is this something I can do myself and which refrigerant would you recommend.

Thanks smiley

You can check by connecting a manifold gauge set to the a/c circuit 'H' and 'L' ports accordingly. Low side pressure of less than 40psi and high side pressure less than 100psi when a/c running is suggestive of low refrigerant.

But from what you have already observed, it is highly likely the problem is low refrigerant, which you can easily fix by:

1) Checking for leaks and sealing them
2) Drain entire system and pull vacuum
3) Refill with r134a

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Tolutopsy: 12:51am On Jul 03, 2020
Thank you boss... This is kinda overwhelming, but I will do some Googling and YouTubing along side your recommendations and steps

nas00:

You can check by connecting a manifold gauge set to the a/c circuit 'H' and 'L' ports accordingly. Low side pressure of less than 40psi and high side pressure less than 100psi when a/c running is suggestive of low refrigerant.

But from what you have already observed, it is highly likely the problem is low refrigerant, which you can easily fix by:

1) Checking for leaks and sealing them
2) Drain entire system and pull vacuum
3) Refill with r134a

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 7:07pm On Jul 03, 2020
Tolutopsy:
Thank you boss... This is kinda overwhelming, but I will do some Googling and YouTubing along side your recommendations and steps

Okay, I gerrit.

The most likely cause of your a/c symptom is low refrigerant. You may simply refill your refrigerant and observe. You should regain cooling and if you don't lose cooling over several months, it is unlikely there were other issues.

If you lose cooling within a few days, then there is a leak that must be found and sealed.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Tolutopsy: 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
Thank you boss... I will refill and give a feedback after some couple of days/weeks.

Thanks again smiley

nas00:

Okay, I gerrit.

The most likely cause of your a/c symptom is low refrigerant. You may simply refill your refrigerant and observe. You should regain cooling and if you don't lose cooling over several months, it is unlikely there were other issues.

If you lose cooling within a few days, then there is a leak that must be found and sealed.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kanuisagoat: 10:37am On Jul 04, 2020
kanuisagoat:

What of transmission for the V6. 2006/2007. Are they the same price

Mr luvinhubby biko
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by easysunny(m): 3:38pm On Jul 04, 2020
Pls house, I need advice.
1. Does changing brand of engine oil affects the engine?
I want to change my car engine oil. The car is Honda Pilot. I used Mobil 1 5W-20 Advance Full Synthetic motor oil, but intend to change to another brand with the same 5W-20 but relatively cheaper.
2. Or must I stick to Mobil 1that's currently in the engine?
3. Which genuine brand do you recommend? Cheaper than mobil 1.
4. The price and where to buy in Lagos?

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:55pm On Jul 04, 2020
kanuisagoat:

Mr luvinhubby biko
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:58pm On Jul 04, 2020
easysunny:
I want to change my car engine oil. The car is Honda Pilot. I used Mobil 1 5W-20 Advance Full Synthetic motor oil, but intend to change to another brand with the same 5W-20 but relatively cheaper.

Thanks
My advice on engine oil is, stick to reputable brands and get them from the right source.

A lot of bottled and sealed nonsense is being sold in our markets as synthetic oil.

Speaking from experience
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kaymaxi2222(m): 8:19pm On Jul 04, 2020
Abeg house what could be the issue with my honda civic 04 it stop entering gear after drive it for a while and it automatic
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ochima75(m): 10:00pm On Jul 04, 2020
Kaymaxi2222:
Abeg house what could be the issue with my honda civic 04 it stop entering gear after drive it for a while and it automatic

Explain better. And is there a check engine light?

If there's or there's not. Still take it for a full scan. Let them scan the gear box. But try and explain better
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ochima75(m): 10:05pm On Jul 04, 2020
adeinfinit:
Good morning,

Please can anyone help me interprete these codes on Honda Accord 2005

AIR/FUEL sensor is bad(located just behind your engine on your exhaust)
O2 sensor is bad(located just under your front right passenger seat on the exhaust pipe)
The third one I don't have an idea.
BUT
NB: YouTube will help you clarify it better.

Moreover if you don't change those two. Trust me you will be buying fuel as if you are buying pure water to pour into your radiator when it's overheating
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ochima75(m): 10:07pm On Jul 04, 2020
Ochima75:
Who has gear SHIFT SOLENOID for EOD for sale.

And how much?

Any one?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 10:12pm On Jul 04, 2020
easysunny:

Thanks

Factors to consider:

1) With the Mobil 1 you presently use, does your engine oil level fall short of the full mark in-between oil changes? ... Meaning you usually have to top up the oil in-between.

2) Any leakage of engine oil from the engine (Is your engine block dry or usually soiled due to seepage of engine oil)?

3) What is the routine interval between your engine oil changes?

4) What is the average distance you cover before changing your engine oil (drain and refill).

5) What is the mileage of your car presently?

If you provide answers to these questions, we can reach a logical decision.

Cheers!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by easysunny(m): 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2020
luvinhubby:

My advice on engine oil is, stick to reputable brands and get them from the right source.

A lot of bottled and sealed nonsense is being sold in our markets as synthetic oil.

Speaking from experience

Okay. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by easysunny(m): 10:48pm On Jul 04, 2020
nas00:

Factors to consider:

1) With the Mobil 1 you presently use, does your engine oil level fall short of the full mark in-between oil changes? ... Meaning you usually have to top up the oil in-between.

2) Any leakage of engine oil from the engine (Is your engine block dry or usually soiled due to seepage of engine oil)?

3) What is the routine interval between your engine oil changes?

4) What is the average distance you cover before changing your engine oil (drain and refill).

5) What is the mileage of your car presently?

If you provide answers to these questions, we can reach a logical decision.

Cheers!

1. No top up in-between. Only changed the oil 6 months ago.

2. No leakage of engine oil from the engine.

3. Interval of 6 months. Only changed it once since I bought the car ie about 6 months ago.

4. About 3000 + miles.

5. The present mileage is 160,315.

I don't use the car often. This will be my 2nd change of oil since I bought tokunbo.
I just notice that blue like smoke comes out from the exhaust when I raise the accelerator. It doesn't happen before like that.
Then I checked the oil percentage and it's 30%.
That's the reason i intend to change the oil since it's over 6 months now i changed the oil.

What's your advice based on these information?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kaymaxi2222(m): 10:54pm On Jul 04, 2020
Ochima75:

Explain better. And is there a check engine light?

If there's or there's not. Still take it for a full scan. Let them scan the gear box. But try and explain better
what i notice is if i engage the car in drive the light that use to indicate on the dashboard will be on and off at intervals..... And after drive for a while let say 15-20km the gear won't select again and it will just be revving and not move. But if i park it for a while let say like 5 mins it will work again for and while and then do the same again. And yes the check engine light is on
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ochima75(m): 2:40am On Jul 05, 2020
Kaymaxi2222:
what i notice is if i engage the car in drive the light that use to indicate on the dashboard will be on and off at intervals..... And after drive for a while let say 15-20km the gear won't select again and it will just be revving and not move. But if i park it for a while let say like 5 mins it will work again for and while and then do the same again. And yes the check engine light is on

When last did you change gear oil?

Change it and have the mechanic clean out your shift solenoids.

Also try and scan the car since the engine light is on. But i doubt if you will see it. But scan it first (go for a full scan, i think it's like ₦5,000)
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kanuisagoat: 7:06am On Jul 05, 2020
luvinhubby:

U ru ese
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adeinfinit(m): 1:52pm On Jul 05, 2020
Ochima75:

AIR/FUEL sensor is bad(located just behind your engine on your exhaust)
O2 sensor is bad(located just under your front right passenger seat on the exhaust pipe)
The third one I don't have an idea.
BUT
NB: YouTube will help you clarify it better.

Moreover if you don't change those two. Trust me you will be buying fuel as if you are buying pure water to pour into your radiator when it's overheating

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 8:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
easysunny:

3. Interval of 6 months. Only changed it once since I bought the car ie about 6 months ago.

4. About 3000 + miles.

I don't use the car often. This will be my 2nd change of oil since I bought tokunbo.
I just notice that blue like smoke comes out from the exhaust when I raise the accelerator. It doesn't happen before like that.
That's the reason i intend to change the oil since it's over 6 months now i changed the oil.

Thanks

Thanks for the answers.

If cost were not an issue, I think your engine is a good candidate for Mobil 1 (semi-synthetic).

Since cost is an issue, I would suggest you switch to a newer and cheaper Mobil oil that was recently introduced into our market. I think it is semi-synthetic and has better suited viscosity than Mobil XHP or Total Quartz, which are both 20W-50. (Will try find a picture of it and post during the week).

Cheers!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 9:01pm On Jul 05, 2020
easysunny:

4. About 3000 + miles.

Thanks

One last thing Sir:

Contrary to what one may ordinarily think, not using your car often adversely affects your car health. May even predispose to oil leaks due to cracked oil seals.

Try use your car often ooo smiley
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Carbuyer83: 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
nas00:

One last thing Sir:

Contrary to what one may ordinarily think, not using your car often adversely affects your car health. May even predispose to oil leaks due to cracked oil seals.

What is the best solution to this, I mean cracked oil seals?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 10:23pm On Jul 05, 2020
Carbuyer83:

What is the best solution to this, I mean cracked oil seals?

1) The best solution is to replace the seals with OEM.

I said OEM because some can be a real pain to replace (e.g. The rear main seal, which is essentially between the transmission and the crankshaft and difficult to reach). You don't want to undergo all that stress only for your replacement seal to be leaking too.

2) Some engine oils marketed as 'high mileage oil' contain additives that swell up the cracked seals, helping them to minimize oil leakage. This can only be a short term fix, if it works at all (but that is the claim of the marketers)

3) Some outright oil additives are also sold in the market as 'stop leaks'. I have never used it, but I have a friend who bought a number of bottles when he had oil leakage. Contrary to marketing claims, it did not improve the situation.

These are the practical options Sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Tzar(m): 6:03am On Jul 06, 2020
nas00:

That’s Mobil 2000 5W-30. It’s about N5500 per 4ltrs at Mobil filling stations.

Thanks for the answers.

If cost were not an issue, I think your engine is a good candidate for Mobil 1 (semi-synthetic).

Since cost is an issue, I would suggest you switch to a newer and cheaper Mobil oil that was recently introduced into our market. I think it is semi-synthetic and has better suited viscosity than Mobil XHP or Total Quartz, which are both 20W-50. (Will try find a picture of it and post during the week).

Cheers!

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 6:26am On Jul 06, 2020
[quote author=Tzar post=91425645][/quote]
How muxh
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 8:44am On Jul 06, 2020

Exactly!!!

This is the oil I referred to and recommended.
Thanks for helping out Sir cool

Regards!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 8:53am On Jul 06, 2020
How muxh [b][/b]
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Carbuyer83: 9:29am On Jul 06, 2020
nas00:

1) The best solution is to replace the seals with OEM.

I said OEM because some can be a real pain to replace (e.g. The rear main seal, which is essentially between the transmission and the crankshaft and difficult to reach). You don't want to undergo all that stress only for your replacement seal to be leaking too.

2) Some engine oils marketed as 'high mileage oil' contain additives that swell up the cracked seals, helping them to minimize oil leakage. This can only be a short term fix, if it works at all (but that is the claim of the marketers)

3) Some outright oil additives are also sold in the market as 'stop leaks'. I have never used it, but I have a friend who bought a number of bottles when he had oil leakage. Contrary to marketing claims, it did not improve the situation.

These are the practical options Sir.
Thanks a lot sir!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by easysunny(m): 10:37am On Jul 06, 2020
nas00:

One last thing Sir:

Okay. Thanks for the advice.
Now, what do you suggest for me. Can I change to another brand other than mobil 1 but same 5W-20? Or must stick to the mobil 1?
I'm looking at the cost.
Any one to recommend to me?

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by heykims(m): 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
Pleases where can I get to buy antitheft steering wheel lock?
Thank you.
Location is Ibadan /Abeokuta

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.