Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,698 members, 7,831,178 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (897104 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 12:14am On Sep 23, 2020
ahmstrng:
Been following this thread for a while. I own an accord 2009 v6. Noticed the check engine was always on. Had it scanned and I realized the thermostat was removed. Got a new one after reading on this thread as to how important it is. Just want to say thank to all the real mechs here. Now my question is basically me trying to know how best to maintain the car all round. I have serviced it once since purchase which was 2 months ago. With total qwat 5000. The mechanics say the gear all is still good but isnt gaged. Any recommendations? And i want to know if it’s normal for the eco mode to go on and off depending on how im accelerating cause i read it online and i see people complaining as to how it affects their engine. I’ll like to be educated on how best to maintain the car

It's normal for the eco light to come on & off depending on your driving pattern.. The light comes on when you are driving "economically" & goes off when you are not..

Also quartz 5000 is not right oil for your car but since you talked about thermostat removed, I will assume you bought it naija used.. So just jejely continue using the quartz 5000 grin grin

Leave the transmission fluid alone oh, don't top up.. Whenever you are ready, drain & refill completely with GENUINE Honda DW-1 fluid
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TamedWhisperer(m): 12:33am On Sep 23, 2020
radautoworks:

The monikers you quoted ARE shops lol. That's why no one responded. I'm on the island but I think luvinhubby is on the mainland.

LOL...I know no better, apologies. Thanks for responding @radautoworks

So, I can come to the island no problem. Since, no one on the mainland is responding.

I'd like to do some repairs (after scanning, if any), service and replace all necessary fluids and perform a few upgrades to some 2012 parts and if my bank account never red, I want to get give the ride an ovenbaked makeover.

Are these something we can get done at your workshop?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 12:55am On Sep 23, 2020
TamedWhisperer:

LOL...I know no better, apologies. Thanks for responding @radautoworks

So, I can come to the island no problem. Since, no one on the mainland is responding.

I'd like to do some repairs (after scanning, if any), service and replace all necessary fluids and perform a few upgrades to some 2012 parts and if my bank account never red, I want to get give the ride an ovenbaked makeover.

Are these something we can get done at your workshop?

Everything except the baking. We don't do that yet.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TamedWhisperer(m): 1:20am On Sep 23, 2020
radautoworks:

Everything except the baking. We don't do that yet.

All right! Great!!. Can I get an address and I'll pop in this weekend. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 1:33am On Sep 23, 2020
TamedWhisperer:

All right! Great!!. Can I get an address and I'll pop in this weekend. Thanks
check my signature or put rad auto works in Google maps it'll get you there
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TamedWhisperer(m): 1:41am On Sep 23, 2020
radautoworks:
check my signature or put rad auto works in Google maps it'll get you there

Will do. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ahmstrng(m): 5:41am On Sep 23, 2020
thebigkendo:

It's normal for the eco light to come on & off depending on your driving pattern.. The light comes on when you are driving "economically" & goes off when you are not..

Also quartz 5000 is not right oil for your car but since you talked about thermostat removed, I will assume you bought it naija used.. So just jejely continue using the quartz 5000 grin grin

Leave the transmission fluid alone oh, don't top up.. Whenever you are ready, drain & refill completely with GENUINE Honda DW-1 fluid
Thanks for the response. How much does the honda oil cost and is there any notable diff between the two oil?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 2:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
ahmstrng:

Thanks for the response. How much does the honda oil cost and is there any notable diff between the two oil?

https://www.nairaland.com/post/92790045
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by missybol: 12:02am On Sep 24, 2020
Good day All, I got these error code p0325 and p0496 on myhonda crv 2005, the check engine light is on. What is the best way to fix this (have read a couple of things online and can see it has different causes and fix options) and any good workshop on the mainland that can help fix it. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by weyreypey: 6:55am On Sep 24, 2020
radautoworks:

The monikers you quoted ARE shops lol. That's why no one responded. I'm on the island but I think luvinhubby is on the mainland.
You'll get your fingers burnt for recommending a rogue dealer luvinhubby and I will personally drag you...the way I used to be a fan is the same way I will drag you... Instagram nairaland and other media including YouTube

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Musty4ahmed1: 10:29am On Sep 24, 2020
Your kind advice please. I drive Honda Accord baby boy, I've been using Total quartz 5000 20w5O oil grade, but lately the oil is below the minimum level when I do check using the dip stick. My Mechanic said the oil is not leaking neither r is the engine smoking, he advice I change the oil to another brand.

Please which brand of similar grade is better that I can switch to?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ksmart027(m): 10:41am On Sep 24, 2020
Musty4ahmed1:
Your kind advice please. I drive Honda Accord baby boy, I've been using Total quartz 5000 20w5O oil grade, but lately the oil is below the minimum level when I do check using the dip stick. My Mechanic said the oil is not leaking neither r is the engine smoking, he advice I change the oil to another brand.

Please which brand of similar grade is better that I can switch to?
Your engine don the burn oil, changing the oil brand wont stop. Accelerate your car to 5k rpm and you will surely see smoke in your exhaust.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Musty4ahmed1: 11:41am On Sep 24, 2020
ksmart027:

Your engine don the burn oil, changing the oil brand wont stop. Accelerate your car to 5k rpm and you will surely see smoke in your exhaust.
Ok I will do. If it does show any sign of smoke, what's the solution?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ksmart027(m): 11:43am On Sep 24, 2020
Musty4ahmed1:
Ok I will do. If it does show any sign of smoke, what's the solution?
Continue topping oil and start saving for another engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kaze4blues(m): 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2020
I need an an excellent ac technician for my Honda DC close to shomolu.

The ones I have seen are farther and I can't drive to those places.

If you could also come over, I do not mind. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 3:02pm On Sep 24, 2020
weyreypey:

You'll get your fingers burnt for recommending a rogue dealer luvinhubby and I will personally drag you...the way I used to be a fan is the same way I will drag you... Instagram nairaland and other media including YouTube

Na wetin luvinhubby do? I haven't seen anyone say anything negative?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Slickleo: 8:46pm On Sep 25, 2020
Pl how can I make the rear tyre of 2008 Honda Civic straight.
Will appreciate ur assistance. Thanks

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 9:51pm On Sep 25, 2020
Slickleo:

Alignment that addresses toe AND camber. Most places don't do that but we do. Should be 5k to do all the wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG6q1U1v_G4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58yOm0nd7Ps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0GUdVJi7F4

EDIT: worst case scenario something bent but can't tell from that angle. Will need to inspect. Is It bent from the top or sideways?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:58pm On Sep 25, 2020
Slickleo:

It's more than an alignment issue, it's a known fault. Read more.

http://www.hondaproblems.com/civic-tire-wear/

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 11:39pm On Sep 25, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

It's more than an alignment issue, it's a know fault. Read more.

Thanks, had this problem too
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Slickleo: 8:42am On Sep 26, 2020
radautoworks:

Alignment that addresses toe AND camber. Most places don't do that but we do. Should be 5k to do all the wheels.

EDIT: worst case scenario something bent but can't tell from that angle. Will need to inspect. Is It bent from the top or sideways?
Thanks madam @Top, I will visit ur workshop, although it's my 1st time hope I will receive some discount.
I have already adjusted the rear toe

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Slickleo: 8:44am On Sep 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

It's more than an alignment issue, it's a known fault. Read more.

Thanks engr
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 9:20am On Sep 26, 2020
Good day House please can a bad silencer I mean that long one in the middle reduce the efficiency of a vehicles movement like engine is cool but just noticed of recent that the vehicle doesn't respond very fast like it does before except I press the pedal more
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by chijioke17(m): 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2020
Good day house, please I noticed my steering vibrates when I'm on the high way, I did alignment last Saturday, it's stable but vibrates. What could be the cause? And my left back tire is not straight, just like someone complained few posts back
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by julieme: 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2020
@ Gazzuzz, radautoworks, and other gurus here pls I need ur inputs. I rescanned by car today and the codes are below. In addition, the mechanic said the car overheats and the fans weren't blowing even when the AC was on. Car is Honda crv 07.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tolajay: 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hello,

Could you please recommend a proficient mechanic to help inspect a Nigerian-used Honda Accord I'd like to purchase.

Thanks in advance.

tolajay:
Hello Hondarians,

Please is it advisable to buy a Nigerian-used Honda Accord (2005-2007), for lack of much funds?

I heard they're too problematic for a first-time car user to own a Nigerian-used Honda accord.

Please share your thoughts?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by donuba61: 7:48am On Sep 28, 2020
Good day car gurus. Please help, my Honda civic temperature reading goes above the half reading mark when ac is on, please what can I do to correct this?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by weyreypey: 7:56am On Sep 28, 2020
donuba61:
Good day car gurus. Please help, my Honda civic temperature reading goes above the half reading mark when ac is on, please what can I do to correct this?
It is ok... what number does it stay on?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 12:10am On Sep 29, 2020
What's the best engine oil to use for Honda Pilot 2003? Sirs
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Slickleo: 7:31am On Sep 29, 2020
donuba61:

Good morning gurus am having similar issue but mine temperature reading is normal on traffic with AC even if on for 6hrs, but my issue is on like lekki traffic the traffic light stop and go, then I notice temperature raising above operating middle range to 107-110©, if I switch off AC it cools down to normal range
NOTE no shortage of water in radiator, 2 cooling fan is connected direct with a 4 pin relay. Kindly assist. 10x

@ Gazzuzz, radautoworks, blackbishop, nurey and other gurus
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Structuralman: 7:46am On Sep 29, 2020
Slickleo:

Good morning gurus am having similar issue but mine temperature reading is normal on traffic with AC even if on for 6hrs, but my issue is on like lekki traffic the traffic light stop and go, then I notice temperature raising above operating middle range to 107-110©, if I switch off AC it cools down to normal range
NOTE no shortage of water in radiator, 2 cooling fan is connected direct with a 4 pin relay. Kindly assist. 10x

@ Gazzuzz, radautoworks, and other gurus

Lets wait for the gurus to answer. But when this happened to me, I changed the radiator from single cell to double cell and since then no more rise in temperature even in traffic with AC on.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by donuba61: 8:30am On Sep 29, 2020
weyreypey:

It is ok... what number does it stay on?
It will go like 2 or 3 bar above d half calibrated mark.

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.