Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,562 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (898635 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Gluck4cars: 2:07pm On Aug 31, 2022
Stubborn82:

Thank you for response,
But how or where can I get my ECU reprogram
If your mechanic hasn't worked with one, ask any Brainbox seller they would give contact of one.
If you are in Lagos or Port Harcourt reach out to me via the email below for direction.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by WycliffeSMB(m): 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2022
KelvinCoaster:

I can not be absolutely wrong.

You can not restore glass to it's original state after wear and tear.
Chemistry 121.

But it's not glass...
The Headlights are plastic
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Burchester: 5:23pm On Aug 31, 2022
My Honda Accord is showing P2651
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2022
Burchester:
My Honda Accord is showing P2651

What year and is it a 4cyl or v6
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Burchester: 6:56pm On Aug 31, 2022
Collione:

What year and is it a 4cyl or v6

2010 & 4cyl
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 9:09pm On Aug 31, 2022

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Stubborn82: 9:23pm On Aug 31, 2022
Gluck4cars:

If your mechanic hasn't worked with one, ask any Brainbox seller they would give contact of one.
If you are in Lagos or Port Harcourt reach out to me via the email below for direction.
Thanks once again
Unfortunately I am in Abuja
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Burchester: 9:24pm On Aug 31, 2022
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 4ward4: 9:51pm On Sep 01, 2022
Hello fams, please my 04 EOD steering vibrates onces I hit 80MPH.
Vibrate so bad that I have to step on the brake.
What can be thr solution.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Dozieson(m): 10:04pm On Sep 01, 2022
4ward4:
Hello fams, please my 04 EOD steering vibrates onces I hit 80MPH.
Vibrate so bad that I have to step on the brake.
What can be thr solution.

Bad tyres, wheel balance needed, Cv joint issue etc
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 4ward4: 10:18pm On Sep 01, 2022
Dozieson:

Bad tyres, wheel balance needed, Cv joint issue etc

Got new tires already .
I am in abuja , if anyone have a competent mechanic pls refer me.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 10:23pm On Sep 01, 2022
4ward4:

Got new tires already .
I am in abuja , if anyone have a competent mechanic pls refer me.

The guy above you already suggested the three things that could be your solution.

You’ve crossed out bad tires, so what next is there on your list to cross?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 4ward4: 10:49pm On Sep 01, 2022
Conner44:

The guy above you already suggested the three things that could be your solution.

You’ve crossed out bad tires, so what next is there on your list to cross?

I will engage in the other two tomorrow then

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Bobbysh: 10:28am On Sep 02, 2022
Hello good morning @flame000’s saw your post about the Lexus ES 300 my own too having the same issue my car is just a year used bought Belgium
Have changed fuel pump several
Times
And coils but still same thing
Pls let me know if you later find a solution to yours thanks !!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by WycliffeSMB(m): 8:14pm On Sep 02, 2022
Good evening House!

Pls I need Expert Advice/recommendations...

How good is Castrol Engine oil in comparison to Mobil Engine oil?

Which is better in these two options?

I'm confused on the one to choose for my HONDA ODYSSEY 2001.

Car Mileage: 156,000 miles.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 8:33pm On Sep 02, 2022
WycliffeSMB:
Good evening House!

Both are good. One is full synthetic and the other is a synthetic blend.

Choose the one that won’t affect your pocket
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by WycliffeSMB(m): 10:50pm On Sep 02, 2022
Conner44:

Both are good. One is full synthetic and the other is a synthetic blend.

Choose the one that won’t affect your pocket
Okay Sir...

Pls what's the difference between Full Synthetic and Synthetic Blend?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by brosiye99(m): 11:06pm On Sep 02, 2022
Please I just noticed some water sloshing sounds on my accord 2005 when I brake or accelerate. I had my air conditioner on all day because it was raining and the sound was consistent anytime I brake. I checked my trunk and all around the car and inside the carpets and they're all dry. I thought it was from my fuel tank but my tank was over half tank. What could be making this sound?

Any advice or suggestions are welcome. Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 8:03am On Sep 03, 2022
WycliffeSMB:
Good evening House!

The question here should be, what’s your maintenance and oil change history?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by WycliffeSMB(m): 3:17pm On Sep 03, 2022
kingreign:

The question here should be, what’s your maintenance and oil change history?

It's a new car I got recently...Naija-used.
I don't know much
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 4:07pm On Sep 03, 2022
WycliffeSMB:

It's a new car I got recently...Naija-used.
I don't know much

Buy Mobil 2000 5w30 from any Mobil fuel station. Drive it for 2k miles or slightly more. Check for ouk shortages weekly or daily depending on your paranoia also monitor for leaks since it's a used vehicle. If everything is cool then you can get a more expensive fully synthetic or semi synthetic oil. Note Mobil 2000 5w30 is also semi synthetic and very good. Oh , Castrol, Mobil 1, liqui moly, Pennzoil, supertech, shell rotella, royal purple, valvoline. The listed are world renowned so you can't go wrong with any so long as you get it from a reliable source.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 4:10pm On Sep 03, 2022
brosiye99:
Please I just noticed some water sloshing sounds on my accord 2005 when I brake or accelerate. I had my air conditioner on all day because it was raining and the sound was consistent anytime I brake. I checked my trunk and all around the car and inside the carpets and they're all dry. I thought it was from my fuel tank but my tank was over half tank. What could be making this sound?

Take your time to listen to it so that you can better pin point the source of the sound. Right now we aren't sure if it's at the front or back, left or right.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Collione: 4:15pm On Sep 03, 2022
WycliffeSMB:

Okay Sir...

Pls what's the difference between Full Synthetic and Synthetic Blend?

Synthetic blend is a mixture of conventional oil with fully synthetic while fully synthetic stands tall. Fully synthetic is best in every way and doesn't cause sludge build up like conventional. Fully synthetic can be driven for longer miles compared to semi synthetic while semi synthetic beats conventional. It all depends on your pocket cos semi synthetic still gets the job done and it's pocket friendly. In reality I have used both and they are awesome though I'd never advice anyone to use conventional oil. Fully synthetic and semi synthetic is the way to go.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nairamotive: 10:29pm On Sep 05, 2022
Good day all

I have 2005 Honda pilot for sale at a give away price.
Reach me if interested
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by brosiye99(m): 2:56pm On Sep 06, 2022
brosiye99:

I have been able to sort the issue out. It was the AC water release hose that was blocked and the mechanic replaced it and bled out the water that had accumulated. It is now working fine and no more sloshing sound of moving water. It seems it is a fairly common problem because immediately I explained to the mechanic, he smiled and went to work and was done in less than 30 minutes.

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Burchester: 8:14pm On Sep 06, 2022
Conner44:

That code means there’s an issue with your engines VTC actuator. It’s a gear connected to one end of your camshaft.

If you changed only the camshaft itself without touching the VTC then you’ve just wasted your time and money. I hope you kept your old camshaft because it’s possible it’s still in good condition.

Changed the VTC Solenoid. Still the code is showing the same?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 7:20pm On Sep 07, 2022
Burchester:

Changed the VTC Solenoid. Still the code is showing the same?

Still the same P0011 code? I’m beginning to suspect the replacement vtc solenoid you bought but first have you been driving this vehicle personally for a while? Have you ever scanned it in the past and got another code before this one?

This P0011 is a generic dtc code. It comprises of various systems in the engine that work together. Each system has their own specific dtc codes which can be gotten using higher end scanners. Most of the lightweight Bluetooth scanners we use show mostly generic codes and as such can be misleading.

The active systems in the engine that can trigger the P0011 code are the camshaft, both camshaft sensors (and their wiring), Vtc actuator, vtc solenoid (and it’s wiring), timing chain, timing chain guides and tensioner rod.

So what I would do if I were you right now was to go and change the complete vtc solenoid again with a guaranteed oem used one. Sometimes the solenoid that’s not made by Honda gives issues because of its filter screen. The mesh is not like the original one and causes issues. If you want to be sure that it’s not your solenoid causing the issue then remove it from the engine again and take out those filter mesh/screens then replace the solenoid without the screens to see if the oil will flow better. I hope you kept your old vtc solenoid because if this method clears the code then you will use the old filter screens with this new solenoid. I hope you’re not using 20W50 weight of engine oil.

You’ve practically changed everything up top of the engine so I wonder what else the issue might be, and to go down to the engine timing system it means you have had ongoing oil related issues example If you’ve been either leaking oil or burning oil and have been unknowingly running the engine on low oil once in a while. This habit can rapidly wear out your timing system.

The last time I had this same P0011 code it came along with a P0341 code which was for my camshaft position sensor. I later found out it was a timing chain tensioner/adjuster that was the culprit but I still changed it along with my timing chain for good measure because it had stretched a tiny bit.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Originakalokalo(m): 10:40pm On Sep 07, 2022
Error codes

P0141

P1157

P2185

Car: Honda Accord 2007 4 cyl.

Please kindly help.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Burchester: 11:52pm On Sep 07, 2022
Conner44:

Still the same P0011 code? I’m beginning to suspect the replacement vtc solenoid you bought but first have you been driving this vehicle personally for a while? Have you ever scanned it in the past and got another code before this one?

This P0011 is a generic dtc code. It comprises of various systems in the engine that work together. Each system has their own specific dtc codes which can be gotten using higher end scanners. Most of the lightweight Bluetooth scanners we use show mostly generic codes and as such can be misleading.

The active systems in the engine that can trigger the P0011 code are the camshaft, both camshaft sensors (and their wiring), Vtc actuator, vtc solenoid (and it’s wiring), timing chain, timing chain guides and tensioner rod.

So what I would do if I were you right now was to go and change the complete vtc solenoid again with a guaranteed oem used one. Sometimes the solenoid that’s not made by Honda gives issues because of its filter screen. The mesh is not like the original one and causes issues. If you want to be sure that it’s not your solenoid causing the issue then remove it from the engine again and take out those filter mesh/screens then replace the solenoid without the screens to see if the oil will flow better. I hope you kept your old vtc solenoid because if this method clears the code then you will use the old filter screens with this new solenoid. I hope you’re not using 20W50 weight of engine oil.

You’ve practically changed everything up top of the engine so I wonder what else the issue might be, and to go down to the engine timing system it means you have had ongoing oil related issues example If you’ve been either leaking oil or burning oil and have been unknowingly running the engine on low oil once in a while. This habit can rapidly wear out your timing system.

The last time I had this same P0011 code it came along with a P0341 code which was for my camshaft position sensor. I later found out it was a timing chain tensioner/adjuster that was the culprit but I still changed it along with my timing chain for good measure because it had stretched a tiny bit.

Thank you, Yes I have been having this code since. And do you mean I should get Another VTC solenoid as in the picture below. And no I haven’t been running the engine on low oil. I am using 5w30. So now the only options are get another solenoid or timing chain or tensioner/adjuster ?

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 12:39am On Sep 08, 2022
Burchester:

Thank you, Yes I have been having this code since. And do you mean I should get Another VTC solenoid as in the picture below. And no I haven’t been running the engine on low oil. I am using 5w30. So now the only options are get another solenoid or timing chain or tensioner/adjuster ?

No, don’t get another vtc solenoid yet. You already changed it so assuming you bought a good replacement then perform this test instead for the meantime to rule out any oil pressure related fault with the system.

Sometimes the filter screens for the vtc and vtec solenoids get clogged/blocked or degraded and need to be cleaned or changed. The non oem replacements we sometimes buy have a weird type of mesh in it’s own filter that can trigger this code too. So I want you to bring out the both of them from your engine and run your engine without them for a day and see if the code clears.

The positions of these 2 filters are in the first picture.

The type of filters to remove (or clean if dirty) are in the 1st picture too

The vtc solenoid strainer/filter is in the 2nd picture (it’s position on your engine is directly behind the power steering pump and below the valve cover. Small Rectangular looking shape with two 10mm bolts.

The second filter/strainer is behind the vtec solenoid 3rd pic (top back of the engine, directly above the engine oil filter and below the valve cover). 3 10mm bolts. The back of the vtec solenoid looks like the 4th pic as well.

Remove both units and take out the filters then replace the units and test the vehicle to see if the code still remains. Sometimes the little things cause the most headaches

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CjEmmar(m): 2:46am On Sep 08, 2022
Nairamotive:
Good day all

I have 2005 Honda pilot for sale at a give away price.
Reach me if interested

08079762667 is my WhatsApp number
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by spininaroundsun(m): 8:44am On Sep 08, 2022
Dear All,

I would like to confirm if this is an original Honda ATF before I buy it into my EOD gear.

Help me please..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.