Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889324 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by agbaawo: 1:07pm On Aug 31, 2012
I'm driving honda accord 2004 LX pls any tips for the maintenance of the car.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Lexaccord(m): 9:36am On Sep 01, 2012
numen: My Maintenance Tips:

1.) Change Engine Oil every 3000km (I use Mobil)
2.) Use Oando's Dexron II for the Gear Box (Abro will knock your gear) - (already mentioned)
3.) While driving be mindful not to always turn the steering to the last possible angle(helps the shaft)
4.) If you have an open roof, periodically clean the drainage hole to avoid water leaking into the car
5.) Vibrating Sound infront of the car? Check your engine sitting(already mentioned)
6.) Your single pipe radiator which used to work might not be the cause of your current over-heating...Check your water pump!
7.) Your car is not accelerating according to pedal pressure? Timing Belt might be the culprit.

Just my 2cents guys. Hope this helps someone. I luv this thread like I luv my Honda.

Wao nice thread Baba Numen. U2gbasky

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Lexaccord(m): 9:47am On Sep 01, 2012
lacasa: Hello all,

i drive a. 2k5 honda accord, ii αve a problem.

While i'm driving i notice dat after i slow down or wen i want ϯo re-accelerate sometimes, the engine vibrates (shakes) until i lift my foot off the throttle completely, bt wen i put my foot back on the throttle it moves normally. i thought it was the spark plugs causing this, but i've changed the 4 plugs with new ones but it still does same.

a mechanic said it's probably from the fuel pump.

Any ideas wat it is

I experience this too with my baby boy 2001 special edition. Actually mine started when I gave the car to a frend sumtimes and he confirmed that d fuel finished before he got to a filling station. I had to change d fuel pump, wash d tank and blow out d silencer after 3 wks when it started misbehaving after d incident. Since then if I press d trottle suddenly to pick up speed it jerks as if d engine wants to go off but If I drive it with a minimal press on d trottle no issue and it transmits well.though there is no major issue as it still travels faor and wide to other SW states from Lagos and even benin and Warri ll from lagos but My only fear is that it doesn't mess me up someday. Gurus in d haus kindly lemme knw wat to do b4 a mechanic starts telling me rubbish Baba Numen, siena and others to u pls
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Lexaccord(m): 10:06am On Sep 01, 2012
surveycash:

Just tried this and it worked for my babyboy

Start with the car off.
Place the key in the ignition in the off position.
Press and hold the Select/Reset dial beneath the speedometer.
While continuing to hold the dial, start the car.
Continue to hold the dial for a few seconds until the light turns off.

Good luck...

Wao it worked also for me. So grateful

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 3:41pm On Sep 03, 2012
Don`t make the mistake of driving with your fuel tank on reserve for too long or allow fuel to finish completely in your car, it will damage your fuel pump, inject dirt into your injector inlets and noozles.

www.Hondaspares.gnbo.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ikeyman00(m): 7:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
MISSING!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by battyman(m): 1:03pm On Sep 05, 2012
Mine is 2000 accord. She is not showing any signs of problem, but the 'check engine' and 'maintenance required' indicators on the dashboard are always on. I changed the engine oil and every other thing checks out, but those indicators are still on. Help!!!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ayojango(m): 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2012
Pls how much and wher can I get a tokunboh back shock absorbers for my baby boy
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lillyontop(m): 10:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
Hey house I use a honda baby boy my gear goes into neutral when it want to transmit into gear 2 and it also double count and when it has gone for a long journey the gear start acting fun like making the engine left it has cut all my engine sit and gear mounting I have service the gear and the switch up to 4 times in 1 month please if any body has a solution to that please I will be glad I am using a v6 engine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 07, 2012
Hi guys, it's amazing the number of things we can do by ourselves on our vehicles. Check out the following interesting video I stumbled across on youtube.

1. How to change your engine air filter Honda Accord 2003 -2007 (4 Cylinder Engine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m66kaNjL68&feature=related

2. How to change your Cabin A/C air filter Honda Accord 2003 - 2011 (both 4 & 6 cylnder engine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzX2E6_QOaI&feature=related
I never even knew such a filter existed, when I checked mine I saw all kinds of stuff, paper, leaves, pleeeeenty dust and even a rat (just joking) smiley

In addition, I'd like to add as a tip, I try to buy parts for servicing my car from outside the country cos I'll be sure of the quality,things like my spark plugs, drive belt, timing belt, water pump, oil filter, air filters (and any other small thing). I get it from there.

It'll be nice if any one can post any other useful links or videos they have.

cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by justokey(m): 9:45am On Sep 07, 2012
I left you a message in your email, please check and get back to me.

luvinhubby: Don`t make the mistake of driving with your fuel tank on reserve for too long or allow fuel to finish completely in your car, it will damage your fuel pump, inject dirt into your injector inlets and noozles.

www.Hondaspares.gnbo.com.ng
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 4:34pm On Sep 11, 2012
lillyontop: Hey house I use a honda baby boy my gear goes into neutral when it want to transmit into gear 2 and it also double count and when it has gone for a long journey the gear start acting fun like making the engine left it has cut all my engine sit and gear mounting I have service the gear and the switch up to 4 times in 1 month please if any body has a solution to that please I will be glad I am using a v6 engine
The fibre inside your gear box is bad, you can try your luck to get it repaired if you have good gear technician or get it replaced.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2012
ayo jango: Pls how much and wher can I get a tokunboh back shock absorbers for my baby boy
Available,the front pair is N16,000 & the Back pair is N10,000. (08029255299)
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by surveycash(m): 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
Lexaccord:

May God bless the starter of this thread...

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 2:07am On Sep 12, 2012
Lexaccord:

surveycash:

May God bless the starter of this thread...

Worked for me too but on Honda Acc '04
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tushbobo(m): 8:20am On Sep 13, 2012
Ma fellow honda users,my friend's honda accord 2004 model jerks.She changed the fuel filter yesterday but was stranded after the car started jerking again.What could be the cause of car jerks apart from fuel filters.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by justokey(m): 8:37am On Sep 14, 2012
Behind bobo: Ma fellow honda users,my friend's honda accord 2004 model jerks.She changed the fuel filter yesterday but was stranded after the car started jerking again.What could be the cause of car jerks apart from fuel filters.

I once had an experience like that.It was jerking and stalling and at a point it started going off all together. After cooling down for a few minutes (like 20mins) it will start again. I went to diognize it and found out it was the fuel pump, changed the pump and have not had any problem since then. It happened like a year ago.

My advise, go for diognosis 1st, before spending such a huge amount.

Goodluck.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tushbobo(m): 3:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
Thanks man
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:00pm On Sep 14, 2012
Behind bobo: Ma fellow honda users,my friend's honda accord 2004 model jerks.She changed the fuel filter yesterday but was stranded after the car started jerking again.What could be the cause of car jerks apart from fuel filters.
EOD's do not use fuel filter, nothing was probably changed, just get a genuine fuel pump for 6k and replace & your friend is driving.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 20, 2012
Ive been dealing with something similar. In the moring or after several hours of not driving, the automatic gear button is soft to press and gear is easy to move - after a while it becomes really hard to move except i use both hards to press the button down before being able to move the gear. I also need help!!!!!!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dregun: 11:25am On Sep 21, 2012
Lexaccord:

Wao nice thread Baba Numen. U2gbasky
But sm guy just said oando dexron II, will trash ur gear box...pls how true is this?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:09am On Sep 23, 2012
dregun:
But sm guy just said oando dexron II, will trash ur gear box...pls how true is this?
DextronII is specified for Toyotas, especially the 1MZ engines for 90`s Camry and Siena, it`s not too compatible with Honda gearboxes. Honda is better with DW1.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:12am On Sep 23, 2012
9jacrip: Ive been dealing with something similar. In the moring or after several hours of not driving, the automatic gear button is soft to press and gear is easy to move - after a while it becomes really hard to move except i use both hards to press the button down before being able to move the gear. I also need help!!!!!!
If your transmission selects normally, then it`s not the gearbox. The problem is likely your gear lever or brake system.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 24, 2012
hello, house. i noticed dt if i'm travelling at fairly high speeds(say 80km/hr) and i slowdown,the fuel guage of my honda bullet indicates a reduction in fuel, buh wen i accelerate again, the fuel guage returns to its previous position. is this normal??
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Chiefigho: 4:06pm On Sep 24, 2012
hello people
pls i use a honda halla i notice tht the fume comin out from my exhaust is colouless but very offensive to to the eyes and th car also consumes fuel so much.... pls wht should i do. thnks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2012
Chief igho: hello people
pls i use a honda halla i notice tht the fume comin out from my exhaust is colouless but very offensive to to the eyes and th car also consumes fuel so much.... pls wht should i do. thnks
Get your carburretor or injector cleaned.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olajide8(m): 6:19am On Sep 26, 2012
I changed the engine seat in actual fact the three of them but as I accelerate it still vibrates and its not picking up speed instantly in fact its not picking up speed at all
, I have changed the transmission oil less I forget its an EOD 2003 model
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by santakris(m): 6:09pm On Sep 26, 2012
My honda accord 93 model.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:41pm On Sep 26, 2012
santakris: My honda accord 93 model auto drive has refused to drive even when i put d gear at 'D' but it will reverse @ 'R'. What could be d problem. Should I repaire or change my gearbox?
The gear is shifting out of selection, better change the gear box completely.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:45pm On Sep 26, 2012
olajide_07: I changed the engine seat in actual fact the three of them but as I accelerate it still vibrates and its not picking up speed instantly in fact its not picking up speed at all
, I have changed the transmission oil less I forget its an EOD 2003 model
Looks like it`s injection problem, check your plug coils and or replace the spark plugs together with the nozzles. Also ask your mechanic to check your shaft cup (maybe a last option).
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by santakris(m): 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2012
luvinhubby:
The gear is shifting out of selection, better change the gear box completely.
Thanks. I will do just that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.