Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

The Best University In Nigeria? - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best University In Nigeria? (105727 Views)

Best University In Nigeria To Study Mechanical Engineering / Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? / The Best University In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by elojudy: 1:13pm On May 30, 2008
Thanks to Ishamael.
Best university! best university!!best university!!!
How do you know which one is the best? Do you rate them according to infrastructures or what? For me all universities in Nigeria are the same.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by elojudy: 1:24pm On May 30, 2008
hi nigerian's students
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by segemafia(m): 7:32pm On Jun 02, 2008
Hey,quit all this noice about which school is good or which school is bad,we all know diffrent schools have diffrent strenghts in various courses and discipline,so what i would use as my own criteria cause its not about where you graduated nowadays but who you know and what you graduated with,my criteria will be the school that has been able to run their academic session and graduate their student as at when due,and we all know that the only Federal university that has been able to achieve this is UNILORIN, the better by far school.so my bet goes to UNILORIN.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by elctroguru(m): 5:32pm On Jun 03, 2008
Federal Uni of Tech Akure, best uni of tech in Nig. Take it or leave it
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by deleson: 5:02pm On Jun 04, 2008
Am agog with the sort ot postings i've read so far,
It's very apparent if not obvious that LASU remains unagueably the BEST of all institutions in Nigeria.
Her dignity can never be compared with it counter-parts in terms of lecturers,administrative prowess etc.

So,pls be warned that there are only two univeristies in Nigeria
LASU and others.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 06, 2008
the best university in nigeria according to the 2007/2008 nuc rating is bayero university kano(buk).
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by chineduebu: 2:26pm On Jun 06, 2008
i think university of benin is the best in terms of online management and the way they conduct their pume
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by ojomoinfo(m): 1:31am On Jul 13, 2008
i in my opinion think obafemi awolowo university is the best here in nigeria.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by Heledy(m): 9:02am On Jul 15, 2008
From 2 consecutive years now unibend had been d best university in nigeria according 2 webometric. While ui nd oau came second and third respectively. So,luk 4 info b4 commiting fallacy here.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by dellyzee: 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2008
wat's this abt best uni? definately evryone 'll claim his/her own uni 2b d best, even d "so calledc" NUC resulta are manipulated, if not i don't c y some uni 2day still exits wit d approval of d NUC. we rather b askin 4d products of dis unis. wat ve dey produced? gud citizens?bad ones?intellectuals etc cos these days most reasonale employees,employ by wat u've got upstairs and not were u graduated 4rm. pls let's equip ourselves wit reasonable info here! educate ourselves on relevant things dan wat skol is d best!
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by ElosAgos(m): 5:58pm On Jul 15, 2008
dellyzee:

what's this about best uni? definately evryone 'll claim his/her own uni 2b d best, even d "so calledc" NUC resulta are manipulated, if not i don't c y some uni 2day still exits wit d approval of d NUC. we rather b askin 4d products of this unis. what ve dey produced? good citizens?bad ones?intellectuals etc because these days most reasonale employees,employ by what u've got upstairs and not were u graduated from. please let's equip ourselves wit reasonable info here! educate ourselves on relevant things dan what skol is d best!
Even at that, I hav 2 say that NO school is the OVER ALL best in Nigeria. One must be best in CULTISM, another best in ARM ROBBERY, and another best in EXAM MALPRACTICE. So there are many BESTS in their fields but NO OVER-ALL BEST.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by payme(m): 6:46pm On Aug 17, 2008
pls does anyone have info on unijos predegree. wanna make enquiries for masscom and creative arts,

dakolentino@YAHOO.COM
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by opiororo1(m): 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2008
@ Ojomo
Is it because you are a student of ife that is why you are rating it the best university?any way iwould rather say in terms of architectural buildings and beautification ife has the best not only in Nigeria but in Africa and that is why it is tagged ''Africa's most beautiful campus''.It is also the 2nd best in ICT management and from what was on the website as at last year it was awarded the best uni in nigeria last session.I would also like to note that no uni can beat ife to it when it comes to strikes and boycotts from lectures.Next time don't base your judgements on sentiments but on concrete facts.I think i'm fair enough. tongue
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by cholerik(m): 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2008
best school cant be a private uni, not enough infrastructure to run some courses,maybe in a few years they wud beat the federal schools, the best,ha no try a.b.u,zaria,its the most cosmopolitan,great standards and an impressive alumni but God knows U.i is a step ahead,has endowment like american skuls and u really have to be good to get in thurr.consider o.a.u, unilag too
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by queenett: 9:35pm On Sep 28, 2008
oh whao,so you've not heard, shocked tongue that the best universty nigeria is lautech.ladoke akintola university of technology,it's been d best from ages past and it will not stop being the best.you guys should please get that into your numdull skull.great ladokites,huh am proud to be one
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by mj(m): 10:11pm On Sep 28, 2008
One thing you guys fail to mention is, on what grands are u ranking your University as the best? If you say OAU is they best, then I'll say if truely it is, why should I study a 4yrs course for 5-6 years ( Great Ife STRIKES) in OAU, for me OAU is living on past glory. Lautech dont have hostel facilities and you called it the best? Think twice.I can rank my University as the best in terms of duration spent, someone else in terms of Academy, another in terms of Structure, another in terms of student welfare, another in terms of social life etc. So on what criteria are u rating the Universities? C ya.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by inbox(m): 11:24pm On Sep 28, 2008
Heledy:

From 2 consecutive years now unibend had been d best university in nigeria according 2 webometric. While ui nd oau came second and third respectively. So,luk 4 info before commiting fallacy here.

Better get urself back here and edit the name of that school.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by deeone5(m): 4:20pm On Feb 22, 2009
do federal university of technology offer admission to student who had chosen the school as their second choice placement.
any person who have any information about it should write me on oluwaye2007@yahoo.com.

Thanks
dee~one
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by pretty4me: 4:46pm On Feb 22, 2009
Why worry urself over nothing. Simple question: Which is the best University in Nigeria?
Stop wasting ur time, Simple question deserves simple answer .

A.B.U. ZARIA
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 5:42pm On Feb 22, 2009
There's no contest.
The best is definitely university of Nigeria, Nsukka
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by Bigheart(m): 11:05pm On Feb 22, 2009
People said Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria is living and enjoying the glory of old. But the truth still stand A.B.U. students are above other students anywhere. A.B.u., Zaria is simply the BEST.
www.richeswisdom.com
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by Dclique(m): 8:08am On Feb 23, 2009
Uniben is the best,
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by Olowojeje: 6:15pm On Feb 23, 2009
Instead let us talk about who is the best graduating student from the nigerian university without blocking/sorting. Structure, equipment and lectureres dont make you you make yourself. We cannot have best university no matter from what axes we may look at it world over but we may have the best graduating student
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by smurf1(f): 6:15pm On Feb 23, 2009
Unilag? tongue
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 23, 2009
most discipline is covenant.definitely covenant
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 23, 2009
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by dammiejay: 11:40am On Mar 09, 2009
I have OND lower credit (bus admin) from MAPOLY 2007,but i couldnt get any university here in the south west that accepts lower credit,have checked the brochure and i found out that some schools in the north and east accept lower credit,like ESUTECH,ANATECH,JOS, and so on,but i dont know anyone there,can u please connect me wit some one that will help me into any of these schools.Or is there any way out here(south west)
Please help me,Direct entry is out already,
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 10, 2009
probably COVENANT
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by jerryomega(m): 4:35pm On Jul 15, 2009
Well, if what you are looking for is physical beautiful and the attractivness of the campus in quote; you will need to visit Covenant University to get the fact that this university still hold the record of most beautiful campus here in Nigeria.
Though I thought my school (OAU) is the most beautiful campus in this country until I went there to verify by myself. Please you too can go there and confirm, cool
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by bighead1(m): 10:44pm On Jul 15, 2009
As far as i am concerned in this country there are only two universities which is
(1) THE GREAT UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN
(2) THE OTHERS
grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by oskriss: 9:05am On Jul 16, 2009
sorry guys but why the debate for the best university in Nigeria.
i got this list from answer.com 10 best uni in Nigeria,

Government University ranking

1. Ahmadu Bello University Zaria

2. Obafemi Awolowo University

3. university of ibadan

4. university of Ilorin

4. Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi

5. Universit of Benin

Among the Private universities

1. Abti American University …

2. Covennant University.
note this is not categorized.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria? by Borat1: 11:20am On Jul 16, 2009
Well i dont know which is the best really, but the worst, without a doubt is University of Nigeria, Nsukka! THE WORST!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

ABC Of Common Errors And Mistakes In English / FCMB Locates Little Girl, Dele That Used ATM Light For Assignment / LAUTECH Student's Leaked Sex Video: Story Behind The Sex Tape, The Girl Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.