Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

I Tested Whogohost.com - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Tested Whogohost.com (2419 Views)

Advice Needed: Is Whogohost.com The Best Nigeria Web Hosting Provider / I Dont Know What Is Wrong With Whogohost My Website Server Is Going Down / Whogohost Is Now 2nd Largest Web Hosting Company In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Tested Whogohost.com by databoy247(m): 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2012
Alright, i tried using whogohost.com and i was perplexed to see that on the payment page, there is zero security. "the information you are sending is not on a secure page on whogohost.com. Do you wish to continue?". Making payment online with my mastercard on a page that is not secured is questionable oh.
Re: I Tested Whogohost.com by DualCore1: 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2012
Its not entirely necessary for a service to have a HTTPS connection when it's using a third-party payment gateway.
As long as the third-party payment gateway has SSL, its fine. The entire processing with confidential info (like credit card numbers) takes place on the third-party's site and I haven't seen any serious payment gateway that won't have a secured connection.

However its still a good idea for such services to have their own SSL cert. It gives the customers some more sense of security, its gives the business a more solid outlook and really... there's nothing like too much security.

So bottom line is that you are still safe without the secured connection, as long as the credit card payments are processed by a third-party gateway which has a secured connection.

4 Likes

Re: I Tested Whogohost.com by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 23, 2012
S.m.h @ OP.
Re: I Tested Whogohost.com by databoy247(m): 5:28am On Jul 25, 2012
^^^^ please you dont have to. There are some things you might find alarming but might make perfect sense to me.

I have finally purchased a hosting package with whogohost and in just less than 48hrs, i have opened 2 support tickets. I think next time, i'll just stick with syskay and trudigits.
Re: I Tested Whogohost.com by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 25, 2012
Too bad...for me, i prefer to do my hosting with a U.S based registrar. Doing it locally hasn`t been a good experience.
Re: I Tested Whogohost.com by databoy247(m): 5:57am On Jul 25, 2012
^^ yeah i agree with you except that for me its easier to do business with local vendors even though the foreigners have a better facility and services. The reason is ease of contact and customer support. Back then when i was trading forex, i had issues withdrawing my money from marketiva, the only way i could complain was through chat and emails. And up till this day i still have over $400 in that acc (i cant even remember the login details again). I cant go to the US cos of $400, but if they were to be in Nigeria, trust me, i know how to be on their necks.

There are companies who are capable here, hosting companies, payment processors, bulk sms, etc Just identify them and i can assure you that you are in safe hands.

Most big companies abroad, when you contact them, the best they can do for you is refer you to their FAQ page. And i so h.ate that. But here, i can have lunch with Mr Ken (CEO of Trudigits) and discuss my issues with him. grin

1 Like

Re: I Tested Whogohost.com by Nobody: 6:06am On Jul 25, 2012
I tell you what, you lost that money carelessly because you could have picked up a phone and call their customer service. You could have got the money since you were the legitimate owner.. I say so because a similar thing happened to a close friend with his e-gold account. That was way back then and all it took was a phone call with a valid explañation and got his money back. $3k.
Re: I Tested Whogohost.com by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 25, 2012
databoy247: ^^ yeah i agree with you except that for me its easier to do business with local vendors even though the foreigners have a better facility and services. The reason is ease of contact and customer support. Back then when i was trading forex, i had issues withdrawing my money from marketiva, the only way i could complain was through chat and emails. And up till this day i still have over $400 in that acc (i cant even remember the login details again). I cant go to the US cos of $400, but if they were to be in Nigeria, trust me, i know how to be on their necks.

There are companies who are capable here, hosting companies, payment processors, bulk sms, etc Just identify them and i can assure you that you are in safe hands.

Most big companies abroad, when you contact them, the best they can do for you is refer you to their FAQ page. And i so h.ate that. But here, i can have lunch with Mr Ken (CEO of Trudigits) and discuss my issues with him. grin

Exactly. . .
Re: I Tested Whogohost.com by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2012
^We all know that will only be possible if OP lives in Ph. So what difference does that make. I`m laying more emphasis on quality of service. I`ve tested both sides of the pond and i know the difference.
Re: I Tested Whogohost.com by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 26, 2012
^^^^Board Jester. . . .lmao
Re: I Tested Whogohost.com by databoy247(m): 9:34am On Jul 26, 2012
@Doncigalo, its no new development that you have an attitude problem

https://www.nairaland.com/944155/kindly-provide-constructive-criticism-this

https://www.nairaland.com/960316/trudigits-best-nigerian-web-host/6

https://www.nairaland.com/960322/dhtmlextremes-new-upcoming-brand/1

https://www.nairaland.com/885157/observation-nigerian-webmasters-suck-show/5

https://www.nairaland.com/891736/how-mark-read-new-nl

And a final word for you?

[b]by larion: [/b]Hmmmn! Clears throat
Doncigalo, I followed d thread abt 3 months ago wen u had a burst up with afam, dhtml, dual core n d rest,

In truth d website u posted was cool though I think Dual core was right with d dangote having to check up on a mobile n bla bla.
To cut d story short, u were defeated in dt thread as u made dual n dhtml score cheap points , u were trying to tarnish dem while dey were increasing in rep, dey even got extra client frm dt thread while u were still trying hard to zero dem

Now just look @ wot u've done again, ur remarks on ds thread were uncalled for, it just shows d additional name u used to refer to dhtml belongs to u, d same way u messed up on dt thread after having a good work to show.

Don't get it twisted, m nt a crew member of d gang consisting of dhtml, pc guru, afam, dual core, slyr0x, lady yawa n donpuzo (infact I even v a secret beef with d way dhtml, dual n yawa v bin giving seun close marking as to new NL) but I wanna tell u dis pple r nt just veteran here dey know their stuffs too, I will advice u to back off, only u had to face a war with abt 3 of dem on dt thread n I was laffing @ u cos u cldnt keep up as u needed glucose.

Spent 2yrs b4 reg on NL, n my time was mostly on ds board, v seen many of ur type attack ds pple, luzoma was one abt 3 yrs ago, anoda went as far as 2 reg anoda handle just to say dual core scammed him, @ d end d guy didn't just fail with so much shame as he was exposed buh dual core sealed a contract with dt thread, u can do a search n find out my stories....

Wat do I suggest, bow to dhtml? Neva! Infact I like d way u've taken dem up technically only 4 u to ruin it with some foolishness....I will suggest u just back off! Shooting any 1 of dem like u've just done on ds thread will get u no far plus its even childish, if u wanna shoot dem, do so technically

One word is enuff for d wise, two shld b enuff for d foolish....

Nor be me talk am cool
Re: I Tested Whogohost.com by doncigalo: 10:34am On Jul 26, 2012
@databoy247 sorry one more thing..yes I do have an attitude problem !but its more a less a case of allergic reaction that I have towards these HACKS on this forum that delude themselves !
Re: I Tested Whogohost.com by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 26, 2012
@doncigalo, please no mind all them boys jare, please post on - i need to read something, even if i dont have anything to say. . . .
Re: I Tested Whogohost.com by DAvIt0(m): 3:03pm On Jul 26, 2012
*dhtml:

Exactly. . .

over exectly

(1) (Reply)

Why Build A School Management System Or Portal Where You Can Get My Source Code / Customizing Front Page In Joomla / 100k Facebook Page For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.