Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,124 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" (3653 Views)

The Difference Btwn Religiosity And Spirituality! Christ Is More Than Mere Talk! / Is There A Correlation Between Religiosity And Education? / Lamentations about Churches hiding under the cloak of religiosity to use members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by vladimiros: 10:42am On Jul 23, 2012
to the fights in here..

I think some of we Nigerian christians need to just accept atheism..honestly..

and thanks to "over emphasis on religion" we can't even accept someone in another domain now imagine belief

The fights in this thread is what worries me most and it "burdening" really
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by Gloriagee(f): 12:24pm On Jul 23, 2012
lol @over religiosity

In Naija, evrybori is a Pastor/ Deacon/ Evangelist wit no proof. Wen, it comes to money matters n I hear u no I'm a man of God, alarm bells start ringing. Me, I don't hav a problem if u call God from morn to night but wen unbelievers r better behaved than u, it makes me shudder.

Some of the over doin that annoy the heck out of me:

1. Not reading for exams n claiming God's promises. There was one chick in the uni, she'd miss classes n be tellin me that she has to God's work in final yr o. During exams, she'll start copying n I'm thinking does doing God's work give u a rt to cheat.

2. Blaming everythin on d devil n attacks: Not sayin dr's no devil o, but wt bout wen the non religious person is workin hard, u loafing around then turn round to start binding.

3. Passing off ur personal opinion as spiritual advise. Na so insult they start, mtchewww
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by plaetton: 1:33pm On Jul 23, 2012
buzugee: first off it is not a religion. it is a lifestyle. religion is man made invention

secondly, you worship the lord by loving your fellow man. that doesnt sound like idolatry to me. if i feed a beggar or if i help a widow fetch water from the well, or if i help an old man go get his medicine because he is wheelchair bound etc etc. these are how the lord wants you to worship him. any other extra stuff like gathering together in your best sunday attire and whatnot ? that is all man made. see if you read the bible properly you would know all these things. and i aint talking about only the new testament neither. start from Job and work your way through the major prophets like isaiah, jeremiah, ezekiel, daniel, then on down to joel, hosea, malachi, nahum, habbakuk, micah etc etc and then all the new testament. the old testament, especially the book of jeremiah is anti-pastors

And where has anyone seen you loving your fellow man? When you threaten a fellow nairalander to roast in 10000 degerees fire for simply having a different opinion.

And reading from your bible, I guess commiting genocides in the name of the lord or because the "lord cammandedth" is a solid example of loving your fellow man, huh?

You are all schitzophrenic.
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by plaetton: 1:39pm On Jul 23, 2012
buzugee: Bruh, the bible is not a religion. it is a book of history and prophesys and a manual of instruction in how to live. if you buy a fridge it comes with a manual of instruction. same with a tv and a computer. so why do you think the creator of man will not give us a manual of instruction in how to eat, live, dress etc ? all those are in the bible. how to eat, dress, live, treat each other and the repercussion of not treating each other well. thats all the bible is. a manual of instruction. out of this manual of instruction, when the romans took control of the world they used these scrolls to form religions so as to divide and conquer people. the romans formed the religion christianity and roman catholicism and islam. gerrit ? so religion as a whole whether it is christianity or islam or buddhism etc are all man made rubbish.

Bull.sht.
Written by whom and for whom? Constantine and the other bloodthirsty bishops/politicians at the council of Nicea, or by the irrational Iraneus of Leon, or was it father Eusebius, the grand-daddy of pius forgery and fraud?

You have absolutely no knowledge of how your bible came to be.
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by manmustwac(m): 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2012
The way religion is practiced in Nigeria you can do anything wrong so far you can find scriptures to defend what you've done.
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by Sagamite(m): 2:42pm On Jul 23, 2012
manmustwac: The way religion is practiced in Nigeria you can do anything wrong so far you can find scriptures to defend what you've done.

Mister, did you get my PM/email?
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by vladimiros: 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2012
Gloriagee:

2. Blaming everythin on d devil n attacks: Not sayin dr's no devil o, but wt bout wen the non religious person is workin hard, u loafing around then turn round to start binding.

3. Passing off ur personal opinion as spiritual advise. Na so insult they start, mtchewww

said it all, that one that annoys me, why not take responsibilty?
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by 2good(m): 3:08pm On Jul 23, 2012
vladimiros:

Exactly at the bolded and coloured. Religion tells people that god is the one that determines what will be and that what ever effort they(religionist) put into their life doesn't matter since god is the one that giveth and taketh. Its just all about living your life in self denial
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 23, 2012
Am loving this thread.. proof that Nigeria might actually be getting to the Promise land..
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by buzugee(m): 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2012
plaetton:

And where has anyone seen you loving your fellow man? When you threaten a fellow nairalander to roast in 10000 degerees fire for simply having a different opinion.
[i][/i]
And reading from your bible, I guess commiting genocides in the name of the lord or because the "lord cammandedth" is a solid example of loving your fellow man, huh?

You are all schitzophrenic.
i do not suffer reprobates to live
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by Areaboy2(m): 6:53pm On Jul 23, 2012
buzugee: i do not suffer reprobates to live

That is the same language your colonial masters used when they enslaved your country men
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by buzugee(m): 6:54pm On Jul 23, 2012
plaetton:

Bull.sht.
Written by whom and for whom? Constantine and the other bloodthirsty bishops/politicians at the council of Nicea, or by the irrational Iraneus of Leon, or was it father Eusebius, the grand-daddy of pius forgery and fraud?

You have absolutely no knowledge of how your bible came to be.
'SIGH' oh ye carnal minded sons of abraham cry. the bible was written by God. the men who put pen to paper were just vessels through which he put the pen to paper.
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by buzugee(m): 6:57pm On Jul 23, 2012
Area_boy:

That is the same language your colonial masters used when they enslaved your country men
what language ? the english language ? do you know what english means ? do you know how the language evolved into what it is today ? you will be surprised when i drop that knowledge on you
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by Gloriagee(f): 6:59pm On Jul 23, 2012
vladimiros:

I dunno, if u don't hustle, how's God goin bless ur hustle. The annoyin stuff is that it's not Biblical which brings us back to ur 1st post - reading the Bible wit understanding. Provs 6 talks bout the sluggard n asks the sluggard to learn from the ant in not so nice words. Go to the ant thou sluggard...how long will thou sleep. There's anoda verse that says the sluggard is evn 2 lazy to put food in his mouth n d one I like best -He that's slothful in his work is brother to him that's a great destroyer.

i might be wrong but I think that wen the Prosperity movement started in Naija, a lot of emphasis was placed on confessions n mayb sowin n somehow hardwork n its attendant benefits were neglected. With churches like Pstr Poju's n Daystar, it appears to be gettin betta. Don't wanna bore u since u hate long winded churchy stuff tongue

2good:

Exactly at the bolded and coloured. Religion tells people that god is the one that determines what will be and that what ever effort they(religionist) put into their life doesn't matter since god is the one that giveth and taketh. Its just all about living your life in self denial

Can't argue for religion but my Bible don't tell me stuff like dt - It says be not deceived, God is not mocked wteva a man soweth that'll he reap. If u sow to the flesh, u'll reap corruption.
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by vladimiros: 6:59pm On Jul 23, 2012
2good:

eventhough you are athiest I agree on that part..

Nigerians have replaced responsibility and reality to " its in God's hands", it just get me mad when I go to Church or any christian meeting with my parents and i see irresponsible people blaming DEvil for the acts..

even God would love Responsibility he said " faith without works is dead"
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by Areaboy2(m): 7:00pm On Jul 23, 2012
buzugee: what language ? the english language ? do you know what english means ? do you know how the language evolved into what it is today ? you will be surprised when i drop that knowledge on you

LOL! i dont even know how to respond to you. Ok let me explain that way of talking to you (the guy with so much knowledge on English lol).

Simply what I mean is "That way of talking"
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by Gloriagee(f): 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2012
@ vladimiros , I agree wit ur statement below, esp the faith without works part but 2good keeps attributing it to God which is not true. The way pple dey practise christianity in Nig is giving pple an erroneous point of view of true christianity. #Nuff said

vladimiros:

eventhough you are athiest I agree on that part..

Nigerians have replaced responsibility and reality to " its in God's hands", it just get me mad when I go to Church or any christian meeting with my parents and i see irresponsible people blaming DEvil for the acts..

even God would love Responsibility he said " faith without works is dead"
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by buzugee(m): 7:07pm On Jul 23, 2012
Area_boy:

LOL! i dont even know how to respond to you. Ok let me explain that way of talking to you (the guy with so much knowledge on English lol).

Simply what I mean is "That way of talking"
i see you done had one too many gulders because you are making no sense. you are making about as much sense as a 7ft tall midget
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by Areaboy2(m): 9:36pm On Jul 23, 2012
buzugee: i see you done had one too many gulders because you are making no sense. you are making about as much sense as a 7ft tall midget
lol. Touche

I actually saw a 7ft tall midget d first time i tried weed lol.

but seriously mate. try to replace the correction I gave u into the original comment and see if u get it now
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by buzugee(m): 9:44pm On Jul 23, 2012
Area_boy:
lol. Touche

I actually saw a 7ft tall midget d first time i tried weed lol.

but seriously mate. try to replace the correction I gave u into the original comment and see if u get it now
yeah me too grin grin grin
Bruh, i aint getting it yet. what do i need to correct ? break it down for me properly. i am kinda slow today. one of those days
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by Areaboy2(m): 10:08pm On Jul 23, 2012
buzugee: yeah me too grin grin grin
Bruh, i aint getting it yet. what do i need to correct ? break it down for me properly. i am kinda slow today. one of those days

lol. all i'm saying is. That was the general view colonial masters had on their subjects. as Inferior. and i kinda flinch each time I see something similar
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by buzugee(m): 10:22pm On Jul 23, 2012
Area_boy:

lol. all i'm saying is. That was the general view colonial masters had on their subjects. as Inferior. and i kinda flinch each time I see something similar
ok i see where you are coming from. but what the colonial masters did was part of biblical prophesy. jeremiah 2 vs 14, habakkuk 1 vs 12, job 24 vs 5. all biblical prophesy for which they will wish they hadnt done because they will be recompensed double for what they did. numbers 35 vs 33, genesis 9 vs 6, revelation 13 vs 10, revelation 22 vs 18, galatians 6 vs 7. so dont worry about what the 'colonial masters' who are edomites did. they are about to be slaves in the kingdom of heaven we shall possess them as slaves revelation 13 vs 10, isaiah 14 vs 2, jeremiah 30 vs 16 and 17, lamentations 4 vs 21 and 22. there is a method to the madness. the edomite was set above us for correction.psalms 17 vs 13 HABAKKUK 1 VS 12.

OH AND REPROBATE DOES NOT MEAN INFERIOR. IT MEANS A SINFUL PERSON.
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by Areaboy2(m): 10:27pm On Jul 23, 2012
buzugee: ok i see where you are coming from. but what the colonial masters did was part of biblical prophesy. jeremiah 2 vs 14, habakkuk 1 vs 12, job 24 vs 5. all biblical prophesy for which they will wish they hadnt done because they will be recompensed double for what they did. numbers 35 vs 33, genesis 9 vs 6, revelation 13 vs 10, revelation 22 vs 18, galatians 6 vs 7. so dont worry about what the 'colonial masters' who are edomites did. they are about to be slaves in the kingdom of heaven we shall possess them as slaves revelation 13 vs 10, isaiah 14 vs 2, jeremiah 30 vs 16 and 17, lamentations 4 vs 21 and 22. there is a method to the madness. the edomite was set above us for correction.psalms 17 vs 13.

OH AND REPROBATE DOES NOT MEAN INFERIOR. IT MEANS A SINFUL PERSON.

that is the same thing innit? when one person regards the other as sinful. Since one with sin is not allowed to judge, anyone who uses it sees himself as sinless hence the other person is inferior.

as for the verses, I'll look them up tomao. im tired lol
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by buzugee(m): 10:33pm On Jul 23, 2012
Area_boy:

that is the same thing innit? when one person regards the other as sinful. Since one with sin is not allowed to judge, anyone who uses it sees himself as sinless hence the other person is inferior.

as for the verses, I'll look them up tomao. im tired lol
I guess you can see it that way which would make the colonial masters hypocrites for thinking of their victims as inferior and as such i wouldnt even attach any gravity to the mindset of a thieving killing hypocrite towards his victims. you shouldnt even regard or consider the mindset of the hypocrite and view parallel situations with the hypocrites mindset. that smacks of inferiority complex. you should be able to view situations standalone without projecting to other peoples mindset, not especially the mindset of a killing stealing scumbag.

hey take your time with the scriptures. those are gems. only read them in king james version too.
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by Areaboy2(m): 10:36pm On Jul 23, 2012
buzugee: I guess you can see it that way which would make the colonial masters hypocrites for thinking of their victims as inferior and as such i wouldnt even attach any gravity to the mindset of a thieving killing hypocrite towards his victims. you shouldnt even regard or consider the mindset of the hypocrite and view parallel situations with the hypocrites mindset. that smacks of inferiority complex. you should be able to view situations standalone without projecting to other peoples mindset, not especially the mindset of a killing stealing scumbag.

hey take your time with the scriptures. those are gems. only read them in king james version too.

wont be caught dead reading anything else lol
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by buzugee(m): 10:37pm On Jul 23, 2012
Area_boy:

wont be caught dead reading anything else lol
WISE MAN wink
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 24, 2012
buzugee: Bruh, the bible is not a religion. it is a book of history and prophesys and a manual of instruction in how to live. if you buy a fridge it comes with a manual of instruction. same with a tv and a computer. so why do you think the creator of man will not give us a manual of instruction in how to eat, live, dress etc ? all those are in the bible. how to eat, dress, live, treat each other and the repercussion of not treating each other well. thats all the bible is. a manual of instruction. out of this manual of instruction, when the romans took control of the world they used these scrolls to form religions so as to divide and conquer people. the romans formed the religion christianity and roman catholicism and islam. gerrit ? so religion as a whole whether it is christianity or islam or buddhism etc are all man made rubbish.

Come on will you take this trash and stick it up your bamboozled, colonised asssss.

The earth came with instruction manual. So why did your instruction manual not reach our shores until barely 200 years ago when the white man decided he needed resources and land to steal? In over 5000 years of our existence in West Africa, where was your instruction manual that 'came with the earth' via your oyibo master? So your so called all powerful bible God was so impotent (or racist) he could not transmit his manual direct to Africans, when the manual was first 'published'? He had to wait another 3,000 years before his 'specially chosen oyibo people' decided they needed slaves before we finally got the ''manual'' abi?

This is why we say you colonised idiots need to give it a rest. Only when you begin to employ your brains should any of us take you seriously. Olodo rabata.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by buzugee(m): 12:40am On Jul 24, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Come on will you take this trash and stick it up your bamboozled, colonised asssss.

The earth came with instruction manual. So why did your instruction manual not reach our shores until barely 200 years ago when the white man decided he needed resources and land to steal? In over 5000 years of our existence in West Africa, where was your instruction manual that 'came with the earth' via your oyibo master? So your so called all powerful bible God was so impotent (or racist) he could not transmit his manual direct to Africans, when the manual was first 'published'? He had to wait another 3,000 years before his 'specially chosen oyibo people' decided they needed slaves before we finally got the ''manual'' abi?

This is why we say you colonised idiots need to give it a rest. Only when you begin to employ your brains should any of us take you seriously. Olodo rabata.
The rantings of a myopic- carnal minded- pugnacious- im-becile. the answer to all the issues you raised is in the bible. if only you can get past admiring the pictures and actually focus on the text, you wouldnt have shown your azz as a non-reading heathen.
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by vladimiros: 9:23am On Jul 24, 2012
Gloriagee: @ vladimiros , I agree wit ur statement below, esp the faith without works part but 2good keeps attributing it to God which is not true. The way pple dey practise christianity in Nig is giving pple an erroneous point of view of true christianity. #Nuff said

IMO, apart from the naysayers, most people giving christianity a bad name, are some christians themselves

look at this thread, instead of them to ignore they go into a flame war
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by Kay17: 10:04am On Jul 24, 2012
buzugee: seeems ok till you are roasting with him in 1000000 degrees fire

Buzugee, you are really scaring yourself.

You keep forgetting that your Christian adventure is on a faith cruise. "I believe" not "it is"
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by manmustwac(m): 12:06pm On Jul 24, 2012
Sagamite:

Mister, did you get my PM/email?
Sorry. I didn't get it.
Re: I Am Irritated By "Over Religiosity Of Nigerians" by Jenwitemi(m): 12:13pm On Jul 24, 2012
So, in your wisdom, you think we humans should read the bible to learn how to do the most basic things of modern life like eat, live, dress etc? How many people actually need the bible for all that? Only you, apparently. I definitely do not need that vile book to learn how to live a normal life. Experience teaches most people how to live and do those basic things that you mentioned in this existence, not the bible.

You are even farther out there in your thinking than i originally thought. So, without the bible, you wouldn't know how to talk, walk, eat, sleep, drink, operate computers(lol!), listen to music, read a book, use a telephone, get on a bus, on a plane, drive a car.... shocked

Dude, someone needs to put you on a time machine and send you back to year 4000 bce, since you and i feel you don't belong in this era.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enchantments, Incantations, Spells And Divination. / From Porn To Purpose — Only Jesus Could Rescue Her From The Porn Industry! / The Christ Embassy International School Of Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.