Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,197 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

What Do You Like About Your Father. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Like About Your Father. (10943 Views)

How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) / Dedicate A Song To Your Father / What Would You Remember Your Father For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by MShelina(f): 4:43pm On Aug 13, 2012
His Wisdom, Creativity aήϑ Peaceful nature.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Larrylarex(m): 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2012
I don't think any other person on the surface of the earth loved me than my DAD did, so it is only natural that he is the one i love most on earth. There is nothing I asked him to do for me that he wont do if he has the means. So if he said he cant do it I always knew he was sincere and I'll believe him cos i know his love for me cant make him lie to me. I LOVE YOU DAD!
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by kinguwem: 4:53pm On Aug 13, 2012
My late father was a courageous and hard working man. He had a good sense of humour. He took his responsibilities seriously. He was very wise and lively. He was a lady's man.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
He never hit anyone of us...but after he gives u a 5mins talk, u'll break down in tears!
He was a book worm with a BSc, 2 Masters n a PHd in physics.
He had a big tummy that served as a pillow for us!

I Love You Dad, even in death.

319 days.....
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by babe4chi(f): 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
I love my dad more dan my mum... He's so humorous nd jovial... Loves i nd my twin sis soo much,doesnt joke wit all his children... I pray God kip him 4 me so dat he cn reap d fruits of his labour.... DAD,u're just d best.... #sobbin#
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Frank3n2(m): 5:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
I love everything about my dad.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by chucky234(m): 5:09pm On Aug 13, 2012
He is the most smart player out there,till now he still finds it easy to bleep younger ladies.
Though am more flexible in that regard because I am a sweet talker,the finest you can get.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Clemzy16(m): 5:21pm On Aug 13, 2012
When i was reading through the previous comments of other Nairalanders. I didn't know where to start from. My father is the most wonderful dad on earth. He's got that humility(humbleness), caring attitude and exceptional character. He cares so much about us(his children), he ever for once hesitated to bring out money whether he has it or not when it comes to matters concerning our education. He his one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I love my dad so much. Infact, He is indeed the BEST!
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by omotohdarajugbogbolo: 5:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
I love my dad so much. He's a disciplinarian, very smart wink,funny grin and of likable character and personality kiss. He is a kind of man that would lay down his life for his childrencheesy He loves us to bits. Am so proud of him. kiss
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by crislyn(f): 5:29pm On Aug 13, 2012
styca: there's one event that happen and this led me to admire my father more. the calmness and maturity he exhibited made me to start cultivating that trait.
Another been his optimism even in the face of so many odds.this has made me to grow to feel secure anytime am around him and no matter the situation.
so peeps hit me with your posts on what makes your dad to rock.
my dad always encourage me when I gt dsappointed by sum1 or sumtn, he wil tel me 'cris u r d most beautiful nd intelligent gal i've knwn so don't worry it wil come. And my dad has a ready smile 4 every situation.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by razznaija(f): 5:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
All of you that are saying that your fathers are the best in the world, how am i sure that your descriptions of your fathers are not just a figment of your imaginations and how am i sure that you all are telling the truth?
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Bakozy(m): 5:32pm On Aug 13, 2012
i'm 20 nw and he only slapt me 1ce since i was born! He never has never investigated the money he gave me unlike my mum iya TOPE! Lol i Love him so much! He simply the best!
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by blackborn7(m): 5:41pm On Aug 13, 2012
styca: there's one event that happen and this led me to admire my father more. the calmness and maturity he exhibited made me to start cultivating that trait.
Another been his optimism even in the face of so many odds.this has made me to grow to feel secure anytime am around him and no matter the situation.
so peeps hit me with your posts on what makes your dad to rock.
my dad can sacrifice him self. Just 4us to have education.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 13, 2012
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by turl(m): 5:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
I only like the fact that he left me some land somewhere in benin...d guy no try, left my pregnant mum to go pay some next girls fees through uni from start to finish..at the time we dey struggle to eat. im not a huge fan of him to be honest..if he was alive i would've sat his ass down for a long lecture.

im happy to see that some men are responsible enough to raise their kids and do so willingly and lovingly. Shows not all men are the same

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Nauttyprof(m): 6:11pm On Aug 13, 2012
Hmm.... I really love my dad because he taught me life principles by living it. I learnt honesty, humility and Integrity from him. Would you believe that, in his place of work n department, a corrupt act was discovered and it could lead to either querry on his side or probably dismissal. Surprisingly, people stood for him that he can't be involved in it and in all honesty he wasn't involved. My dad earned people's trust. He taught me one principle in marriage and that is openness, he did not hide anything from my mother, i mean to the last details.
I hope to surpass his'.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by chucky234(m): 6:11pm On Aug 13, 2012
teminoni: Hmm.. Where do I start from..

I luv my dad for d fact that he don't give a 'f' about me.
I luv him more cuz I get to see him maybe 3 or 4 times a year
I luv d fact that when we coincidentally meet on any of the few times a year, he pretends he missed me and is so concerned about me.
I luv that he hasn't ever called me, and I even doubt he has my number
I luv him cuz he never dropped a dime for my unversity fees but showed up on my grad day.
I luv d fact dat he doesn't care where I served and if I was almost killed.
I luv him for not supporting my mom.
But most of all, I luv him for bringing me into this world.
I luv him so much
Cuz the love of Christ is unconditional.
And I know for sure I'll never grow up to be like him.
What a mixed fortune,you are not alone bro.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2012
teminoni: Hmm.. Where do I start from..

I luv my dad for d fact that he don't give a 'f' about me.
I luv him more cuz I get to see him maybe 3 or 4 times a year
I luv d fact that when we coincidentally meet on any of the few times a year, he pretends he missed me and is so concerned about me.
I luv that he hasn't ever called me, and I even doubt he has my number
I luv him cuz he never dropped a dime for my unversity fees but showed up on my grad day.
I luv d fact dat he doesn't care where I served and if I was almost killed.
I luv him for not supporting my mom.
But most of all, I luv him for bringing me into this world.
I luv him so much
Cuz the love of Christ is unconditional.
And I know for sure I'll never grow up to be like him.
Good example of 'Irony' for literature students.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by DieWorthy: 6:21pm On Aug 13, 2012
grin 2many fings 2 say,wil simply say he was de cleanest man alive.den he was always protective of me.
saved me frm my Mum many tyms,cos he belivd der is tym 4 evryting e.g let de older kids do de hous chores
wen u r older u do urs.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Horpe2505(f): 6:25pm On Aug 13, 2012
His devotion, love, care, honesty, non-nonsense attidude....... My dad is my whole world, love u dad
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Lildav: 6:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] pain in d ASS! Dats what he is! Worth having though!!
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by safarigirl(f): 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
Hmm, my dad is perhaps the only male that has ever and may ever command my respect. He may not be Dangote, or GEJ, but he's worth a thousand of those men. His whole life is a testament that hard work can't kill. A man of immense wisdom, he's a walking encyclopedia/history book, he's taught me a lot of things I might never have learned if he wasn't my dad. Even after we lost my mother when I was ten, he moved us away for a fresh start and made decisions that we might not have agreed with at first, but turned out to be for the best, when he was unjustly sacked at his place of work, he beleived enough to go to court, might have taken years to get justice, but he never gave up, until he got it. He may sometimes use harsh terms, hit me, or play down my achievements, but only because he knows I can do better, the country may be bad, but he would never support a split. Sometimes, when I think that one day, he will be gone, I get extremely sad. A man of many means, a physician, a cook, a philosopher, a counsellor, a preacher. My father is the true definition of a MAN.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by DD01(f): 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2012
Wow! So nice reading all these sweet writups abt our fathers that means so many apprecait their dad. For me i love my father for his Patience towards me and my two sisters, his love, honesty, advice. His scarifie 4 staying 4 22yrs without remarring when my mum left us. My dad is my hero, hes one in a millon fathers. I love u dad and promise to always make u proud.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by crackhouse(m): 6:42pm On Aug 13, 2012
Female love their Dad more than the male folks even though they still love their Mum too, why? And men seems to love their Mum more than they love their Dad.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by not2long(m): 6:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
my dad, my dad,he's so much versed in polities, ask him any question on world war, civil war, international polities, sports and so on, am sure u cant beat him to that, he also watch football and supports arse - anaal, but left them when they look un serious, am really missing him now, sometimes wish he's with me now. God bless him
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by nikkyshyne(f): 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
razznaija: All of you that are saying that your fathers are the best in the world, how am i sure that your descriptions of your fathers are not just a figment of your imaginations and how am i sure that you all are telling the truth?
So because you have nothing sweet to write about your dad means every other person must be like you? Lay off joor.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by proudlyafrican(m): 8:00pm On Aug 13, 2012
Dad is late now but when i look back he left a very big shoe behind that my legs are yet to fit in.What i like so much about him is his courage.He was a courageous man;will never back off in the face of daunting challenges. It`s a great quality i picked from him and has kept me going till this day.
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Dfash(m): 8:02pm On Aug 13, 2012
He was my best pal ever ! He was everything to me . Can't quantify his love for me .missed him so much . Adeu my dad nd my best friend .
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
My dad went through a lot of selfless sacrifices to ensure that we all attain a minimum standard of education.
He gave up a lot for our education.
Even though he went to a primary school, he can speak and write English so well that most university graduates will go green with envy.
He inculcated a high standard of discipline in me. He also taught me how to think intelligently and independently.
I love him a lot
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by proudlyafrican(m): 8:42pm On Aug 13, 2012
turl: I only like the fact that he left me some land somewhere in benin...d guy no try, left my pregnant mum to go pay some next girls fees through uni from start to finish..at the time we dey struggle to eat. im not a huge fan of him to be honest..if he was alive i would've sat his ass down for a long lecture.

im happy to see that some men are responsible enough to raise their kids and do so willingly and lovingly. Shows not all men are the same

Bro. i luv you honesty,our fathers definitely had theirs too where they made some few mistakes even though we may not want to mention it because the post said "What do you like about your father". However,i have got to learn from his mistakes and vowed not to repeat them.I have two girls today and have put a stop to baby making;there is so much pressure on me to have more kids because everyone feels i am doing well and can still accommodate more but i strongly believe it is not the number that counts nor a male or female child but the quality of life you give to them.We cannot change our yesterday or today because it is gone but we can change our tomorrow.Hope your kids will have so much they like about you.Cheers.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by davidcobi: 8:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
I wish I could say something Nice about my father.
But I'm from a broken home.. Though it's mended!

I never grew up with my real parents and siblings.. Nooo

But I guess I love my dad! Even though he pisses me off every day...
Re: What Do You Like About Your Father. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 13, 2012
A very handsome, industrious and intelligent man, he would help my younger ones and I with our school assignments, bath us while my mum prepared breakfast and take us to school on his Okada cool. He was a very solid disciplinarian but was also quick to forgive us sometimes when we erred. He was fluent in English, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, pidgin and Igala, and I could bet he was one of the most intelligent men I had ever seen.The cold/ugly hands of death snatched him away from us when I was only eleven! angry sad angry... I love you papa! Your son is living up the dream!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is Really The Pillar Of The Family? / What Should Be The Punishment For craddle-robbers In Nigeria? / Between An Immature Young Guy And An Older Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.