Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

How Can I Overcome Shyness - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Overcome Shyness (4429 Views)

How Can I Overcome Shyness Around Girls??? / Vertedness / My Manhood Wouldn't Let Me Approach Woman, How Can I Overcome It, I Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Nobody: 2:23am On Jul 25, 2012
@ Yield, Interesting reply about the public speaking. A few years ago I had to speak in public and the room started spinning I was so nervous! I think I would be fine now,but maybe joining something like what you suggested could help someone on many levels.
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Brixtonyute(m): 2:24am On Jul 25, 2012
^Are you e-shy? lol
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Nobody: 2:27am On Jul 25, 2012
Brixtonyute: ^Are you e-shy? lol

grin I used to be very much. Still am somewhat.
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Brixtonyute(m): 2:30am On Jul 25, 2012
talina:

grin I used to be very much. Still am somewhat.

Lol! That is interesting but are shy tonight? Wanna chat to you.. wink
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Nobody: 2:37am On Jul 25, 2012
^^^ You are followed
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Brixtonyute(m): 2:39am On Jul 25, 2012
talina: ^^^ You are followed

Cheers. Will send you a msg. now.
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Nobody: 3:03am On Jul 25, 2012
talina: @ Yield, Interesting reply about the public speaking. A few years ago I had to speak in public and the room started spinning I was so nervous! I think I would be fine now,but maybe joining something like what you suggested could help someone on many levels.

Really? Were you able to finally speak? :p. How did it go? I know the feeling of being nervous. Joining Toastmasters not only helps with shyness, but with improving self-confidence and being a better [public] speaker - which's always a handy skill to have. It's also great to join because you're in a room with others who're trying to achieve the same thing, so it's a supportive environment and there's no pressure. You should look into joining too, if it would help you out.
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Xtana: 3:04am On Jul 25, 2012
Try to walk on the street NAKED; the surest way of overcoming shyness.
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Nobody: 3:20am On Jul 25, 2012
Yield:

Really? Were you able to finally speak? :p. How did it go? I know the feeling of being nervous. Joining Toastmasters not only helps with shyness, but with improving self-confidence and being a better [public] speaker - which's always a handy skill to have. It's also great to join because you're in a room with others who're trying to achieve the same thing, so it's a supportive environment and there's no pressure. You should look into joining too, if it would help you out.

My public speaking went terribly! Im sure there was second hand embarressment for me going on haha! Im past that now. But joining a group to practice public speaking is a great idea overall!
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by obowunmi(m): 3:35am On Jul 25, 2012
Nothing wrong with being shy. To overcome shyness, you have to know yourself more.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by danmyboy: 3:38am On Jul 25, 2012
gst101: i am a very shy person. I am ok with so many ladies but those are the ones i feel nothing for except the love i have for every other person. When i see a pretty lady, my heart melts immediately. What i feel is so huge that my ego is crushed under its weight. When i pull myself together and say 'hello' i wouldnt be able to carry on becos i immediately become empty of words. I become like a fool. The last experience was the most embarrasing of all. I hate it so much! I wish i had other peoples heart. I see myself loosing out on beautiful experiences all becos of this 'shy' thaing. I hate my character! Some one pls help.

It is a matter of time and it takes some critical decision in you. In my case, I was abused growing up and had fear for ladies although I used to like them in my heart but since I challenged the man God created me to be, I have started overcoming those problems. Now I feel free to talk to ladies maybe because I am now a graduate and that makes me feel cool with myself. Concerning sex, it is a matter of time to me because my major fears on that used to be my being abused as a young boy, my penile size, my high sugar intake and my addiction to masturbation but for a while now, I have stopped masturbating and I have read articles on the internet that made me realise no matter the penile size, you can satisfy a lady if you do it rightly and that is one of the things that has added to my confidence level. Please, look inwards.
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Nobody: 3:43am On Jul 25, 2012
talina:

My public speaking went terribly! Im sure there was second hand embarressment for me going on haha! Im past that now. But joining a group to practice public speaking is a great idea overall!

I'm sorry! And yes, it is. I don't know what province you're at or I would help you look, but I'm sure you would find one near your location if you do a search online. There're lots in every city, so it shouldn't be a problem finding one. I'm going to join one in september near my school. I've been procrastinating with joining one, but this time I will, hmpf! >Serious Face<.
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Nobody: 3:51am On Jul 25, 2012
^^^^^Good for you Yield! You inspire me! Im looking into things here already. Im in the city of Edmonton. Province of Alberta, Canada

1 Like

Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by tellwisdom: 4:31am On Jul 25, 2012
gst101: i am a very shy person. I am ok with so many ladies but those are the ones i feel nothing for except the love i have for every other person. When i see a pretty lady, my heart melts immediately. What i feel is so huge that my ego is crushed under its weight. When i pull myself together and say 'hello' i wouldnt be able to carry on becos i immediately become empty of words. I become like a fool. The last experience was the most embarrasing of all. I hate it so much! I wish i had other peoples heart. I see myself loosing out on beautiful experiences all becos of this 'shy' thaing. I hate my character! Some one pls help.

Bro, just say hello... and i go help you talk to them. undecided undecided. Contact me here: rdp@milli.org tongue
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by KINGwax(m): 8:28am On Jul 25, 2012
jacobscros: it can NEVER be overcome unless God decides to change you. I know frm experience cos me i dont think i will ever stop being shy so just know that we both have zero hope
hahahahahahahaha...you crack my ribs! You'll pay for the surgery! Hahahahahahaha...go die man
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2012
To overcome shyness, just invent something extraordinary in your spare time like Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg, or you can make some real serious money and the ladies will be falling over you, but then its not an easy route!My advice is become a genius at something stop trying hard to change what you perceive as negative, only try to improve on your personality.To some folks am shy, to some others I used to be a real 'woski' dude in my uni-days so its about personality projection. Stop focusing on negative thoughts except you are a teenager. Man UP angry
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by gst101: 12:44pm On Aug 02, 2012
@talina. A wonderful lover to someone special is all i long to be
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Trinity101(m): 3:46pm On Aug 02, 2012
Sijo01: Hmmmmm, mi dont fink this is shyness o, but loss of self confidence.

How old are you, if you dont mind?
YOU ARE SO MUCH ON POINT COS I MYSELF EXPERIENCED EXACTLY WHAT THE POSTER JUST POSTED HERE...
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Sijo01(f): 3:57pm On Aug 02, 2012
Trinity101:
YOU ARE SO MUCH ON POINT COS I MYSELF EXPERIENCED EXACTLY WHAT THE POSTER JUST POSTED HERE...

So, how did you overcome it?
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Trinity101(m): 10:04am On Aug 03, 2012
Sijo01:

So, how did you overcome it?
I LATER GREW OVER IT WHEN I STARTED ASSOCIATING WITH PEEPZ THAT ARE MORE EXPOSED THAN I AND BEFORE I KNOW IT I'VE STARTED WOOING A GIRL THEN IMMEDIATELY I GOT ADMISSION I BLEW UP MORE...LOLZ wink

1 Like

Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Sijo01(f): 10:38am On Aug 03, 2012
Trinity101:
I LATER GREW OVER IT WHEN I STARTED ASSOCIATING WITH PEEPZ THAT ARE MORE EXPOSED THAN I AND BEFORE I KNOW IT I'VE STARTED WOOING A GIRL THEN IMMEDIATELY I GOT ADMISSION I BLEW UP MORE...LOLZ wink

Good one......@op, over to you, try the above out......goodluck n come back with a testimony.
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by mecussey(m): 10:58am On Aug 03, 2012
Enlightened1: @ OP... We're on the same page. I am such a shy person. I am 24 and have never asked a woman out before, for the fear of rejection and unfavorable response. No matter how hard I try to give myself confidence, once I meet a lady I just forget what to say, and it makes me feel so stupid. So I just stopped entirely. I try to do other things like play video games and read to take my mind off there. I've never had sex before, don't know what it feels like. But yes I do self service.

Bros you are 24 oo, time no dey. Any guy u see with a babe today passed through this ur stage. Keep trying and keep making mistakes, you will succeed.
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Trinity101(m): 11:15am On Aug 03, 2012
Sijo01:

Good one......@op, over to you, try the above out......goodluck n come back with a testimony.
SHEY IT WAS A GOOD MOVE? LOLZ smiley
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 07, 2012
jacobscros: it can NEVER be overcome unless God decides to change you. I know frm experience cos me i dont think i will ever stop being shy so just know that we both have zero hope
haha
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Coefficient(m): 10:21pm On Oct 07, 2012
This thread is shy!!! grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 08, 2012
is the op still checking this thread? tongue lol.
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by puzzler: 3:51pm On Oct 08, 2012
engrtee: I was very shy b4 until an incident hapend to me.......we were driving one night around 8pm when mopol stopped us and asked us to identify our self every one did except me..,.i was shakin, just couldn't talk......he asked me 3 times but i didn't have the confidence....until he gave me a sound slap before i sudenly shouted STUDENT...
Even then, i had to bring my id card to prove it

since then, i say whats on my mind even b4 a question is asked

LOL,I LOVE DIS,CANT STOP LAUGHING
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Ucheosefoh(m): 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2012
achi4u: go buy helmet so you can hide in it and talk to them.
I tink he shall start smoking igbo and shayoling wella 2 always be high all de time but he shall nt take it 2 much b4 he start toasting old mamas
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Lilpen3758: 10:30am On Mar 22, 2021
seniormallam:
Wen i don high finish wey 3storey building dey like take-away pack 4 my front, shy 4 where? Infact d girl self go tiny like mosquito 4 my eye, all ur good qualities wey u mention so, wen naija chic nack u heart failure u go wise up.
grin grin grin senior mallam i hail..
Re: How Can I Overcome Shyness by Lilpen3758: 10:36am On Mar 22, 2021
Enlightened1:
@ OP... We're on the same page. I am such a shy person. I am 24 and have never asked a woman out before, for the fear of rejection and unfavorable response. No matter how hard I try to give myself confidence, once I meet a lady I just forget what to say, and it makes me feel so stupid. So I just stopped entirely. I try to do other things like play video games and read to take my mind off there. I've never had sex before, don't know what it feels like. But yes I do self service.
Oga just smoke some weed or better still if u don't want people to know put it in your food and eat and then call any girl of your choice and watch the magic happen, that's no life u are living

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Annoying Poster In The Romance Section 2012 - Romance - Nairaland / Relationship Advice For 2016 / See What A Nairalander Achieved In Less Than 2 Years [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.