Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones (28817 Views)

Will BBM For Android & IOS Be The Final End Of Blackberry In Nigeria?? / Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! / Etisalat Reduces Price Of Blackberry Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by charlsecy4(m): 2:24pm On Jul 24, 2012
Dr. Wise:
Person wey no get money for stout na him dey talk say stout too bitter.

chuks49: Show me phone that offers unlimited download on any network with N1,500 monthly subscription and I will dump my BB this day.

You don't seem to be reading well. I said "BLACKBERRY IS CHEAPER THAN NOKIA AND OTHER SIMILAR DEVICES, EITHER IN TERMS OF ACQUISITION COST OR DATA COST! For example, with just N1,500, you can buy BlackBerry data capped at unlimited. However, even after spending N8,000, you still receive an average of 5G on a regular Internet package."

Strong points of BlackBerry include its unlimited data, and/or always-on connectivity even though it's not a monopoly on the latter.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 24, 2012
BB have the best data plans - with N1500 you get unlimited mobile Internet, fb and twitter. And BBM is still the best.

Op is right about the battery life to an extent - largely due to BBs almost always being fingered.

The upcoming BB 10 os will add front facing cams and Skype support. Question is, will their Skype work via BIS? That will be awesome.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by buchibabe: 2:28pm On Jul 24, 2012
Why all dis hate for bb If u can't afford to get one den manage ya nokia 3310 now and stop degrading bb. As long as I'm concerned bb is way better dan many odas and doesn't hv much of all dis problems som of u are listin like battery etc
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by hannydarl(f): 2:29pm On Jul 24, 2012
Go and look for tethering app in the bbapworld. It let's you browse with your bb subscriptiOn on your PC. I use bb for everyday stuff but when I want to download vids from youtube(hubby got me the app and now I download vids directly from youtube) then I get the 500 a day paCckage and use my galaxy tab.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 24, 2012
@Goldenval.
Your article was an interesting read but devoid of a balance; you did not strike a balance as you made a BB look like a perfect device.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by lacasa: 2:31pm On Jul 24, 2012
Philolos: My fellow brothers and sisters, let's follow the money. The phones people are buying today are: Samsung Galaxy S III, AT&T Nokia Lumia 900, HTC One Series (X, S, EVO 4G LTE), Apple iPhone 4S, and Nokia 808 PureView. The BB doesn't make the list of Top 5.

in America n europe bah.

BB is the most used brand in Africa now.

The cheap internet package is the edge it has over other brands.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by digitite: 2:31pm On Jul 24, 2012
Billyonaire: I have iPhone, I have Galaxy Note, I have Nokia 6300 classic and I have Blackberry. I also have iPad 3, Galaxy Tab and even Amazon kindle. I am a gadget collector. I can Authoritatively say, apart from battery strength, BlackBerry happens to be the best thing to happen to telecoms. The BIS service is second to none; The BBM saves me a lot of cash on call time. The Email service is superior than the Androids and the Apple emailing packages. With the Opera mini browser, browsing is very convenient. Before making a conviction, I want someone to buy all the gadgets and use them, then you can make a sound conviction about them. I can not do without a BlackBerry, even though I still carry my galaxy note around for swaggs, I dare say, I will lose a lot without a BB.

How do you buy kindle ebooks on your Amazon kindle fire ?
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 24, 2012
digitite:

How do you buy kindle ebooks on your Amazon kindle fire ?
With my debit card ofcourse. GTB Mastercard works fine.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by alorauzoms(m): 2:37pm On Jul 24, 2012
Its really suck d ways pple kip complaining of bb on dis site. If u don't like why nt kip quite and ignore its becoming so annoying and childish.
@ OP u can use any network mobile internet bundle on bb if u don't knw.
@moderator......dis kin of thread shouldn't be allowed.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by abbey621(m): 2:41pm On Jul 24, 2012
charlsecy4:

Remove the battery, wait 3 minutes, put it back and see how long it takes to fully come on...... At the same rate, Nokia battery, for example, will last longer than that of a BlackBerry.

How do you use BIS to establish an Internet connection on a PC? A friend of mine subscribed to BBC hoping to use it on a PC, but it didn't work out. It was a waste because he didn't have a BlackBerry......

My friend, calm down, when you don't know something, try and ask for enlightenment. First of all, when you remove the battery of a blackberry phone and wait 2 to 3 minute, you are performing what is called a hard reset. The OS automatically feels that there's something wrong and must reload in order to fix the problem. If there's no problem with your phone, I don't see why you would want to remove the battery. Furthermore, don't ever compare a machine like Blackberry to an outdated piece of garbage like Nokia phones, a Blackberry is a computer, printer, virtual machine, GPS navigator, and so much more. In fact on my 9810 with the 7.1 O.S update, I'm able to use my blackberry phone with the playbook through Blackberry bridge, I'm able to respond to BBM messages through the playbook and do so much more. The reason Blackberry might seem like a normal phone to Nigerians is simple, the network and the literacy level of the populace is not where it ought to be. Networks like MTN, Airtel and Glo are ripping you guys off, when you experience the Blackberry on a blazing 4G speed, you'll never use another device!

3 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by digitite: 2:42pm On Jul 24, 2012
Billyonaire: With my debit card ofcourse. GTB Mastercard works fine.

Okay. Can you buy any kind of ebook with it ? What network do you use on the kindle fire : mobile broadband, wireless or DSL ?
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by omenziate(m): 2:47pm On Jul 24, 2012
Wetin concern U wit wetin I use my money buy? Is it ur money? I buy alcatel, trium, motorola, BB, nokia. Use wetin u like and anybody wey no like am fit choke on Unripe pawapaw and peppersoup.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by REMMEI(m): 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2012
Ijogz K: Things poor people say.. SmH if someone is to make decisions based of Nairalanders opinions about things always, You might be mus-guided..

You took these words out of my mouth..why are people so obsessed about the thing you dislike with loads of passion..were you forced to use this cell? Or is anyone forcing it on you?..smfh*
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by MrOldskoolJP(m): 2:52pm On Jul 24, 2012
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i totally disagree! my blackberry bold5 is d best thing 2 happen 2 my life,apart 4rm pingin & surfin d net i also enjoy my bb cos it gives me self esteem & i hav laid 8 gals thru bkackberry messenger & i will continue 2 lay more...BLACKBERRY ROCKS JOOR

2 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2012
digitite:

Okay. Can you buy any kind of ebook with it ? What network do you use on the kindle fire : mobile broadband, wireless or DSL ?
Yes, any kind of ebook at amazon, I use it on wireless ofcourse
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by chucky234(m): 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2012
Sir P!:
Blackberries are poorly made.. The trackpads don't last long, the phone freezes way too often, you have to pay for BIS .. And it seems everyone and I mean everyone has it.
If you want a good smartphone , the iphone 4s, Galaxy s3 , galaxy note are good options
So you browse on Galaxy without paying for datas? Moronic retarded deluded clueless being
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 24, 2012
@Sir P!
Dont talk what you dont know, I have iphone 4s, galaxy note and BB, BB is the winner any day any time when it comes to data packages. Just shut the fvck up if you dont own any of these phones.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Djicemob: 2:59pm On Jul 24, 2012
There's ntin lyk a BB fone,aint dat the reason y celebs luv it? BB nd iphone is the most used phone on the planet nw...nokia nd all dem oda fones r jus strugglin.*word*
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by xtrafly(m): 3:00pm On Jul 24, 2012
charlsecy4: The only reason I'll ever go for a BlackBerry device is, if I want to be on the BlackBerry Messenger app and if, and when the BIS and BBC can be used to establish an unlimited Internet connection on a regular PC. Or, if someone presents it to me as a gift.

THERE IS NO OTHER THING THAT BLACKBERRY IS PARTICULARLY GOOD FOR, APART FROM BLACKBERRY MESSENGER.

Is it application-wise? In fact, among all smartphones, BlackBerry has the fewest number of applications it can run.

Is it flexibility? To use BlackBerry service, you must buy its service in whole, you can't use, say N17 to BBM for the meantime; you must subscribe.

Is it Battery? Hmmmmmm. Your guess is as good as mine.

Even if you have a regular Internet subscription, you will still need to buy BlackBerry service before you can download with its browser.

Remove the battery of a BlackBerry device, put it back, and it will take at least 5 minutes to fully power on.

Prove any of the things I said about BlackBerry wrong.

http://www.mobiletechnologybits..com
Dude I can't even read it, too many ☀{{{GBAGAUN}}}☀™ »»
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Ninilowo(m): 3:01pm On Jul 24, 2012
cupid4ig: oga first of all without ur bis u can still browse with ur phone browser, opera mini, 2go. bb is not meant for pinging alone it is idiots like u that believe it is only meant for pinging.ok let me as u why do u think celebrities use bb? if u think is because of pinging then u need to tro away ur phone cos u dont need it. my touch 9810 takes only 2mins to boot yes i know it takes time but i cant complain much. then battery yes the battery dont last that is if u have an active bis but the same thing goes to nokia and android phone try connect it on the internet without plugging it to light i give u 3hours the battery will run down, if u have enough money on ur phone try it one day and see for ur self undecided when i mean connect connect it and leave it for 3 or even 3 good hours dont connect and discount it. i have personally try it with my nokia n97 so pls if u dont know what to write just shut ur mouth and keep quite. by the way who asked u to review it i guess u dont have money for one mtcheeeeeew. tongue lipsrsealed undecided cry sad shocked angry
Ki la gbe; ki le ju?

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by chucky234(m): 3:02pm On Jul 24, 2012
charlsecy4:

You don't seem to be reading well. I said "BLACKBERRY IS CHEAPER THAN NOKIA AND OTHER SIMILAR DEVICES, EITHER IN TERMS OF ACQUISITION COST OR DATA COST! For example, with just N1,500, you can buy BlackBerry data capped at unlimited. However, even after spending N8,000, you still receive an average of 5G on a regular Internet package."

Strong points of BlackBerry include its unlimited data, and/or always-on connectivity even though it's not a monopoly on the latter.
Who be this Alomo bitters seller for NL, blackberry cheaper than Nokia and other devices? Blackberry Porsch is still twice the price of Galaxy S3,HTC One X and the scrappy iphone 4s.
Aside Lumia 900 is there any other Nokia phones that can you can compare to the above mentioned phones?
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by shadrach77: 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2012
while i agree with the op, the major advantage which bb has over other phone is the speed at which you can send an sms - a text that would take you 3 minutes to send on an iphone will take only one minute if not less to send on a bb, thanks to the text-friendly keypad. Accessing emails on bb is also faster. On an Iphone, you will need to wait for several minutes for your emails to upload into your inbox, unlike the bb which uploads your emails instantly. smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 24, 2012
recently i put my iPhone carelessly close to a friend's crapberry, you need to see how the BB defied Newton's first law and started shifting.
the apps are just to intimidating.

2 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by loyeh02(m): 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2012
Joeblis: Cupid am afraid your brain needs to upgrade! Must you insult to pass your message?...as for me i hated BB right 4rm time especially the ba3 part of it annoys so much you charge 5hrs and use 3hrs...BB na crap jor Nokia rocks!
U seriously charge ur bb for 5hrs??! Damn!! UK used fone n alaba made charge...mtcheew. All u bb haters should jst go n slp n free us abeg!
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by loyeh02(m): 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2012
TroGunn: BB have the best data plans - with N1500 you get unlimited mobile Internet, fb and twitter. And BBM is still the best.

Op is right about the battery life to an extent - largely due to BBs almost always being fingered.

The upcoming BB 10 os will add front facing cams and Skype support. Question is, will their Skype work via BIS? That will be awesome.
nice one...right to an extent. Bt av u ever used iphone before? Sincerely speaking d ba3 is crap as well...y den shoutin on bb for christ sake??!
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by INFO70: 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2012
charlsecy4: The only reason I'll ever go for a BlackBerry device is, if I want to be on the BlackBerry Messenger app and if, and when the BIS and BBC can be used to establish an unlimited Internet connection on a regular PC. Or, if someone presents it to me as a gift.

THERE IS NO OTHER THING THAT BLACKBERRY IS PARTICULARLY GOOD FOR, APART FROM BLACKBERRY MESSENGER.

Is it application-wise? In fact, among all smartphones, BlackBerry has the fewest number of applications it can run.

Is it flexibility? To use BlackBerry service, you must buy its service in whole, you can't use, say N17 to BBM for the meantime; you must subscribe.

Is it Battery? Hmmmmmm. Your guess is as good as mine.

Even if you have a regular Internet subscription, you will still need to buy BlackBerry service before you can download with its browser.

Remove the battery of a BlackBerry device, put it back, and it will take at least 5 minutes to fully power on.

Prove any of the things I said about BlackBerry wrong.

http://www.mobiletechnologybits..com

Go for original and feel the difference grin
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by blackbeau1(f): 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2012
Abeg,if you no know wetin you dey talk,abeg no talk.my BB 9810,takes less than two minutes to boot while my nokia E6,could take as much three to four minutes to boot.besides,who said you can't browse witout monthly subscription?
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by codernoni: 3:22pm On Jul 24, 2012
Airtel BIS works on PC but its capped @ 1Gb
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by loyeh02(m): 3:25pm On Jul 24, 2012
MrOldskool (JP):
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i totally disagree! my blackberry bold5 is d best thing 2 happen 2 my life,apart 4rm pingin & surfin d net i also enjoy my bb cos it gives me self esteem & i hav laid 8 gals thru bkackberry messenger & i will continue 2 lay more...BLACKBERRY ROCKS JOOR
Crazy dude...nice one. U too much...lmao
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by chucky234(m): 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2012
People who uses cheap Computer village phones come out here and begin to spill rubbish,list the phones you have used then I will tell you if you should be talking here.

I have used iphone 4s,Galaxy s2,Galaxy S3 for 3 weeks,HTC EVO 4G and currently uses HTC One X and a BB bold5.

I can tell you that my bold5 makes my business runs smoothly,the email push is faster than of android.

I have been selling high tech phones for 3 years and have been opportuned to use many of them and therefore in a better position to judge BB and this clueless OP.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2012
Blackberry Porsch and Other BB have:

1. 41mp Camera with Carl Zeiss lens

2. Can run 64 appz with real multitasking

3. Have more support for appz than Nokia Symbian phones

4. Is the best thing that ever happened to man after the Resurrection of Christ

5. With over 550,000 appz, Blackberry Porsch has every type of app in different categories.

6. It can do a great Siri like work than Iphone. (Apple stole the idea from them)

7. With the state of the art latest tech, you can never experience a downtime, even with a hitch in the BB data centers, it will automatically AutoFix the problem and Pinging with BBM will carrygo.

8. Blackberry Porsch is easier to operate outta the box than an iphone.

9. Blackberry Porsch sold 25 million units three weeks after its release. (very affordable and solid)

10. RIM was the 1st Company to introduce:
a. 1ghz devices
b. Dual core in smartphone
c. 1 and 2gb RAM
d. 4, 8, 16, 32 and
64gb internal storage

11. RIM is only coy in the world with best unit sales, and market cap.

12. Not to 4get, RIM just launched the BB Porshe successor running BB0S 10. U nid to see am.

chucky234: Who be this Alomo bitters seller for NL, blackberry cheaper than Nokia and other devices? Blackberry Porsch is still twice the price of Galaxy S3,HTC One X and the scrappy iphone 4s.
Aside Lumia 900 is there any other Nokia phones that can you can compare to the above mentioned phones?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is There Difference Between Iphone 13 Pro Max And Iphone 14 Pro Max? / Mtn Change Funlink Reloaded To Mtn Pulse / 2go Chatting On The Mobile Web

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.