Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones (28824 Views)

Will BBM For Android & IOS Be The Final End Of Blackberry In Nigeria?? / Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! / Etisalat Reduces Price Of Blackberry Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by odutope(m): 3:35pm On Jul 24, 2012
For me I tink BB beats other fones by far..try runnin whatsapp messenger for 3hrs on a nokia and see wat am talking abt.if you don't use a new blackberry u ll neva knw how good d b3 is.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by GoldCircle: 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2012
gone through all these posts and the only thing I can say is that my Blackberry Bold II has a battery life of at least 48 hours even with heavy traffic.it could be more with less traffic. I'm loving it and right now won't swap it for any other phone in the world. I've heard so many people complain about the battery life of the blackberry and how it freezes from time to time. I don't have any of such problems.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Zulele: 3:39pm On Jul 24, 2012
charlsecy4:

I never said you couldn't browse with your BlackBerry service on Opera Mini. I stated that you couldn't DOWNLOAD without BlackBerry service. Am I right?

It is false to say you could browse with your phone browser, that is BlackBerry Browser without an active BlackBerry service.

Back in the days, 2go was not compatible with BlackBerry service, but it is different today. If you make a fresh download, you will discover that 2go now depends on BlackBerry service. For me, this is not a good development because it has killed flexibility - you must buy BlackBerry service to now 2go. I just pray that they don't make Opera Mini dependent on BlackBerry service.

Talking about battery; can you in all honesty say that a BlackBerry battery is better than that of Nokia? Check Nokia C6-00: with constant Internet connection, the phone can run for more than 9 hours on 2G, and more than 7 hours on 3G. Can you in all sincerity say that a BlackBerry battery is better than that of Nokia?

I laugh when you said I didn't have money to acquire a BlackBerry. And who told you I don't have one, or can't buy one? Let me tell you one truth: BLACKBERRY IS CHEAPER THAN NOKIA AND OTHER SIMILAR DEVICES, EITHER IN TERMS OF ACQUISITION COST OR DATA COST! For example, with just N1,500, you can buy BlackBerry data capped at unlimited. However, even after spending N8,000, you still receive an average of 5G on a regular Internet package. If you are frank enough, you know which is cheaper to maintain.

Who says celebrities use BlackBerry in a way different from the way they use other brands? Apart from pinging, what other functionality does a BlackBerry offer that other mobile devices don't, or can't offer? Just know that with WhatsApp, the exclusivity of BBM is now diminished.

In conclusion, anyone who buys a BlackBerry device based on the hype about it is likely going to regret it. The exaggerated publicity about it will make you think it is a miracle machine. So, when you buy it, you will be expecting to see more, and on discovering that there is "nothing much" about it, you become "not so enthusiastic" about it.

http://www.mobiletechnologybits..com/

Dis guys mouth stinks. Truely, you don't have money τ̲̅ȍ buy one. Have you ever used one before? I bet you don't!
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by abubaka101: 3:39pm On Jul 24, 2012
If Blackberry is as good u people say it is, why is it only reigning in Africa, Nigeria to be precise.
North America were its from, does'nt hype BB like we do!
South Africans started wearing AMA KIP KIP in 2008, now they've upgraded the design in 2012. But Nigerians are wearing the 2008 design and are forming/parading like its a new product.
Nigerians are'nt going for Apple (Iphones), Android, Samsung products cause they can't afford it, and probably because the hype is not there. But if the price comes down, they'll forget BB in flash and move on to the next!

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by loyeh02(m): 3:40pm On Jul 24, 2012
aze: Blackberry Porsch and Other BB have:

1. 41mp Camera with Carl Zeiss lens

2. Can run 64 appz with real multitasking

3. Have more support for appz than Nokia Symbian phones

4. Is the best thing that ever happened to man after the Resurrection of Christ

5. With over 550,000 appz, Blackberry Porsch has every type of app in different categories.

6. It can do a great Siri like work than Iphone. (Apple stole the idea from them)

7. With the state of the art latest tech, you can never experience a downtime, even with a hitch in the BB data centers, it will automatically AutoFix the problem and Pinging with BBM will carrygo.

8. Blackberry Porsch is easier to operate outta the box than an iphone.

9. Blackberry Porsch sold 25 million units three weeks after its release. (very affordable and solid)

10. RIM was the 1st Company to introduce:
a. 1ghz devices
b. Dual core in smartphone
c. 1 and 2gb RAM
d. 4, 8, 16, 32 and
64gb internal storage

11. RIM is only coy in the world with best unit sales, and market cap.

12. Not to 4get, RIM just launched the BB Porshe successor running BB0S 10. U nid to see am.

I'm seeing things...Abeg help me tell dem haterz. Dey should fix dia mouth on dia ass n pls SHUT DA Bleep UP!!!
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 24, 2012
abbey621:

My friend, calm down, when you don't know something, try and ask for enlightenment. First of all, when you remove the battery of a blackberry phone and wait 2 to 3 minute, you are performing what is called a hard reset. The OS automatically feels that there's something wrong and must reload in order to fix the problem. If there's no problem with your phone, I don't see why you would want to remove the battery. Furthermore, don't ever compare a machine like Blackberry to an outdated piece of garbage like Nokia phones, a Blackberry is a computer, printer, virtual machine, GPS navigator, and so much more. In fact on my 9810 with the 7.1 O.S update, I'm able to use my blackberry phone with the playbook through Blackberry bridge, I'm able to respond to BBM messages through the playbook and do so much more. The reason Blackberry might seem like a normal phone to Nigerians is simple, the network and the literacy level of the populace is not where it ought to be. Networks like MTN, Airtel and Glo are ripping you guys off, when you experience the Blackberry on a blazing 4G speed, you'll never use another device!
This is the best reply so far. So on point. I was rushing to post when I saw this.

@Op
I guess non of these ever crossed your mind because you have a twisted perception of the true purpose of a BB phone. #NowYouKnow

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 24, 2012
if you guys knows technology you'll drop your bb. From onset i'v hated the over rated bb for long. In FACT, symbian os have more app and game than bb. Bb is just a java phone. Its a smartjava phone. Too doom. Look out research thats been done they use android phone to do research in medicine, stock taking, almost everything. You can use it to scan a product. Id id you download the software which are all free to use unlike bb you pay. I was playing fifa2012 pro on samsung s2 and it was like ps3 and the commentator commenting. The new samsung s3 have a kind of messenger that can communicate with each other with network. So whats bbm? You guys doesn't know a dimes in technology. Continue to use your smartjava phone. With android its unlimited. Just think of what you want to do. Is it forex trading? You can use your android as hotspot. Just name it. The least nokia c5 has a downloading speed of 10.2mbps and that what i use as modem. Bb touch can not go for that speed if all hell let loose. To me its just the bbm thats unique. but sorry i can't use your childish bb java phone.
You know what i mean na

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by OCHULORC(m): 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2012
I hate d fact that I can't use my bb 2 local radio stations

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by OCHULORC(m): 3:53pm On Jul 24, 2012
I hate d fact that I can't use my bb 2 listen 2 my local radio channels

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2012
Blackberry Porsch and Other BB have:

5. With over 550,000 appz, Blackberry Porsch has every type of app in different categories.

6. It can do a great Siri like work than Iphone. (Apple stole the idea from them)

7. With the state of the art latest tech, you can never experience a downtime, even with a hitch in the BB data centers, it will automatically AutoFix the problem and Pinging with BBM will carrygo.

9. Blackberry Porsch sold 25 million units three weeks after its release. (very affordable and solid)

a. 1ghz devices
c. 1 and 2gb RAM
d. 4, 8, 16, 32 and
64gb internal storage

12. Not to 4get, RIM just launched the BB Porshe successor running BB0S 10. U nid to see am.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by cyril83(m): 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2012
OCHULORC: I hate d fact that I can't use my bb 2 local radio stations
what model of BB,tell me now so I can give u best apps where u can listen to local radio
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2012
sam4xadams: if you guys knows technology you'll drop your bb. From onset i'v hated the over rated bb for long. In FACT, symbian os have more app and game than bb. Bb is just a java phone. Its a smartjava phone. Too doom. Look out research thats been done they use android phone to do research in medicine, stock taking, almost everything. You can use it to scan a product. Id id you download the software which are all free to use unlike bb you pay. I was playing fifa2012 pro on samsung s2 and it was like ps3 and the commentator commenting. The new samsung s3 have a kind of messenger that can communicate with each other with network. So whats bbm? You guys doesn't know a dimes in technology. Continue to use your smartjava phone. With android its unlimited. Just think of what you want to do. Is it forex trading? You can use your android as hotspot. Just name it. The least nokia c5 has a downloading speed of 10.2mbps and that what i use as modem. Bb touch can not go for that speed if all hell let loose. To me its just the bbm thats unique. but sorry i can't use your childish bb java phone.
who said blackberry is first to release duo processor? Lol, check out samsung s3 it uses three processor I.e its i3core processor with 2g ram. Very slim than any other phone

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2012
OCHULORC: I hate d fact that I can't use my bb 2 listen 2 my local radio channels
Buy a boom box!!
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by forgiven(m): 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2012
As far as I know, the only competitor with RIM (or should I say BB) is iPhone. Every other phones......... BB does much more than pinging. Wonder why many big companies in the western world use BB as their official phones? Although many are considering switching to iPhone. Check this out before you say BB is this or that. My primary reason of using a BB is from the safety point of view. You may not understand this if you live in Nigeria anyway.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Dsage1: 4:13pm On Jul 24, 2012
chuks49:

Show me phone that offers unlimited download on any network with N1,500 monthly subscription and I will dump my BB this day.

Note; N1,500 monthly subscription on BB is not unlimited.its jst 200MB data(MTN).

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 24, 2012
BB Porshe uses Quad Core runnin at 2.3ghz.

Can you beat dat.

abeg make da BB ownerz happy for once. Oya

Blackberry Porsch and Other BB have:

a. 1ghz devices
c. 1 and 2gb RAM
d. 4, 8, 16, 32 and
64gb internal storage

12. Not to 4get, RIM just launched the BB Porshe successor running BB0S 10.

sam4xadams:
who said blackberry is first to release duo processor? Lol, check out samsung s3 it uses three processor I.e its i3core processor with 2g ram. Very slim than any other phone
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Akby(m): 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2012
I sha kuku know i can't use a BB even if it can download food...

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Frankel7(m): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2012
Me i don dey ping with my nokia e5 since wey i download whatsapp,wetin remain? I get my emails as soon as i have one real time,as a matter of fact,my three emails are real time always on my e5.I do 2go,i hv nimbuzz for my fbchat & twitter,i still hv ebuddy with alot of options.So tell me,what do i need a BB for when with my e5 i dnt hv to worry abt my battery draining away like water.I will gladly upgrade to any nokia product if need be. Me i don dey ping with my nokia e5 since wey i download whatsapp,wetin remain? I get my emails as soon as i have one real time,as a matter of fact,my three emails are real time always on my e5.I do 2go,i hv nimbuzz for my fbchat & twitter,i still hv ebuddy with alot of options.So tell me,what do i need a BB for when with my e5 i dnt hv to worry abt my battery draining away like water.I will gladly upgrade to any nokia product if need be. Me i don dey ping with my nokia e5 since wey i download whatsapp,wetin remain? I get my emails as soon as i have one real time,as a matter of fact,my three emails are real time always on my e5.I do 2go,i hv nimbuzz for my fbchat & twitter,i still hv ebuddy with alot of options.So tell me,what do i need a BB for when with my e5 i dnt hv to worry abt my battery draining away like water.I will gladly upgrade to any nokia product if need be.

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by onatisi(m): 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2012
Billyonaire: I have iPhone, I have Galaxy Note, I have Nokia 6300 classic and I have Blackberry. I also have iPad 3, Galaxy Tab and even Amazon kindle. I am a gadget collector. I can Authoritatively say, apart from battery strength, BlackBerry happens to be the best thing to happen to telecoms. The BIS service is second to none; The BBM saves me a lot of cash on call time. The Email service is superior than the Androids and the Apple emailing packages. With the Opera mini browser, browsing is very convenient. Before making a conviction, I want someone to buy all the gadgets and use them, then you can make a sound conviction about them. I can not do without a BlackBerry, even though I still carry my galaxy note around for swaggs, I dare say, I will lose a lot without a BB.
beautiful write up with facts and reason devoid of insults abuse
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by OchukoII: 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2012
Firstly, there is no need to be rude while making points. The fact that you do not agree with a person's view does not make the person stupid. In fact, the mere fact that you think everybody has to think like you says a lot about your thinking and mental capacity. Most folks need to learn how to talk to others on social media. Sometimes I wonder the kind of children that are being raised by people without verbal control.

Now to my contribution. Say what you like, have you considered that the makers of blackberry (RIM) are bleeding profusely (financially)? If they are loosing money, it has to be a testament to their product. Why is apple not bleeding? (Even though its not a fair comparison, they still make profits on the iPhone).

All "smartphones" have issues with batteries majorly because the CPU relies on something to power it and the more data you transmit the more work the CPU does. As for being able to connect you blackberry to a laptop and browse please just upload a detailed step by step process because I like to consider myself as "technologically smart" and I have been unable to do this (on the MTN and GLO networks). I happen to have a friend that is an employee @ AIRTEL and he says the same holds true.

You can use the PUSH functionality (emails and d rest) on a blackberry but obviously the poster was looking for functions that are limited to the blackberry range. In all truth, even the iPhone does not have ANY function (to the best of my knowledge) that cannot be replicated on the Android platform (Some may be better executed). To support this point, simply refer to all the litigations between Apple and Samsung.

Truthfully, I think the only remarkable feature on the blackberry is the BBM. That's why most people buy it (AND YES INCLUDING CELEBS). I was rather disgusted when I read that celebs buy phones for technical functionality (as insinuated). A celeb is simply a more popular version of you joor. Even Bill Gates buys his phone based on how useful it will be for communication (I THINK). I don't think anybody buys phones for scripting or developing new technologies.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 24, 2012
D sage:

Note; N1,500 monthly subscription on BB is not unlimited.its jst 200MB data(MTN).

It's so UNLIMITED!!!! The 200MB limit is for app downloads only!!
BB is the best!! Ever since I got one last year, I ve never spent a dine on movies!! It's d correct effective cure to boredom, stress, social seclusion, mental irritability n nokiaphobia.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by HARDDON: 4:49pm On Jul 24, 2012
on point
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by onatisi(m): 4:51pm On Jul 24, 2012
abubaka101: If Blackberry is as good u people say it is, why is it only reigning in Africa, Nigeria to be precise.
North America were its from, does'nt hype BB like we do!
South Africans started wearing AMA KIP KIP in 2008, now they've upgraded the design in 2012. But Nigerians are wearing the 2008 design and are forming/parading like its a new product.
Nigerians are'nt going for Apple (Iphones), Android, Samsung products cause they can't afford it, and probably because the hype is not there. But if the price comes down, they'll forget BB in flash and move on to the next!
will they forget the cost internet bundle,u hve to understand ppl using bb is becs it is cost effective nd cheaper for browsing ,the same traffic u use the 1500 use a normal bunde nd see if u wont spend times 10

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by donpeluchi(m): 4:54pm On Jul 24, 2012
There's nothing special about BB and who says BB phones are more expensive than symbian phones should visit computer village sometime!

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Trinity101(m): 5:02pm On Jul 24, 2012
charlsecy4:

I never said you couldn't browse with your BlackBerry service on Opera Mini. I stated that you couldn't DOWNLOAD without BlackBerry service. Am I right?

It is false to say you could browse with your phone browser, that is BlackBerry Browser without an active BlackBerry service.

Back in the days, 2go was not compatible with BlackBerry service, but it is different today. If you make a fresh download, you will discover that 2go now depends on BlackBerry service. For me, this is not a good development because it has killed flexibility - you must buy BlackBerry service to now 2go. I just pray that they don't make Opera Mini dependent on BlackBerry service.

Talking about battery; can you in all honesty say that a BlackBerry battery is better than that of Nokia? Check Nokia C6-00: with constant Internet connection, the phone can run for more than 9 hours on 2G, and more than 7 hours on 3G. Can you in all sincerity say that a BlackBerry battery is better than that of Nokia?

I laugh when you said I didn't have money to acquire a BlackBerry. And who told you I don't have one, or can't buy one? Let me tell you one truth: BLACKBERRY IS CHEAPER THAN NOKIA AND OTHER SIMILAR DEVICES, EITHER IN TERMS OF ACQUISITION COST OR DATA COST! For example, with just N1,500, you can buy BlackBerry data capped at unlimited. However, even after spending N8,000, you still receive an average of 5G on a regular Internet package. If you are frank enough, you know which is cheaper to maintain.

Who says celebrities use BlackBerry in a way different from the way they use other brands? Apart from pinging, what other functionality does a BlackBerry offer that other mobile devices don't, or can't offer? Just know that with WhatsApp, the exclusivity of BBM is now diminished.

In conclusion, anyone who buys a BlackBerry device based on the hype about it is likely going to regret it. The exaggerated publicity about it will make you think it is a miracle machine. So, when you buy it, you will be expecting to see more, and on discovering that there is "nothing much" about it, you become "not so enthusiastic" about it.

http://www.mobiletechnologybits..com/
my dear you're so so much on point from the beginning to end i concur with you. I was even thinking of setting up this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by JUO(m): 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2012
my touch 9810 takes only 2mins to boot
hum. my HTC boots with 30sec. una they try, so u go for 2mins for phone to boot, na Pentium 1?

3 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by mu2sa2: 5:24pm On Jul 24, 2012
cupid4ig: oga first of all without ur bis u can still browse with ur phone browser, opera mini, 2go. bb is not meant for pinging alone it is idiots like u that believe it is only meant for pinging.ok let me as u why do u think celebrities use bb? if u think is because of pinging then u need to tro away ur phone cos u dont need it. my touch 9810 takes only 2mins to boot yes i know it takes time but i cant complain much. then battery yes the battery dont last that is if u have an active bis but the same thing goes to nokia and android phone try connect it on the internet without plugging it to light i give u 3hours the battery will run down, if u have enough money on ur phone try it one day and see for ur self undecided when i mean connect connect it and leave it for 3 or even 3 good hours dont connect and discount it. i have personally try it with my nokia n97 so pls if u dont know what to write just shut ur mouth and keep quite. by the way who asked u to review it i guess u dont have money for one mtcheeeeeew. tongue lipsrsealed undecided cry sad shocked angry
Why all dis uncouth language because of a simple personal opinion on bb. Ar u saying dat bb is flawless. Haba, d guy did nt abuse anyone in his review. Well, my good friend may be right in saying dat some chaps only appear 2 b sane.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by mu2sa2: 5:24pm On Jul 24, 2012
cupid4ig: oga first of all without ur bis u can still browse with ur phone browser, opera mini, 2go. bb is not meant for pinging alone it is idiots like u that believe it is only meant for pinging.ok let me as u why do u think celebrities use bb? if u think is because of pinging then u need to tro away ur phone cos u dont need it. my touch 9810 takes only 2mins to boot yes i know it takes time but i cant complain much. then battery yes the battery dont last that is if u have an active bis but the same thing goes to nokia and android phone try connect it on the internet without plugging it to light i give u 3hours the battery will run down, if u have enough money on ur phone try it one day and see for ur self undecided when i mean connect connect it and leave it for 3 or even 3 good hours dont connect and discount it. i have personally try it with my nokia n97 so pls if u dont know what to write just shut ur mouth and keep quite. by the way who asked u to review it i guess u dont have money for one mtcheeeeeew. tongue lipsrsealed undecided cry sad shocked angry
Why all dis uncouth language because of a simple personal opinion on bb. Ar u saying dat bb is flawless. Haba, d guy did nt abuse anyone in his review. Well, may gd friend may b right in saying dat some chaps only appear 2 b sane.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by mu2sa2: 5:26pm On Jul 24, 2012
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Revolva(m): 5:40pm On Jul 24, 2012
@poster

What can you be satisfied with in life ? Is blackberry not good enough to assist the day to day communication which one can you produce, please all the andriod , galaxy , well I like apple sha , but andriod I aint no freak for it because I see most app there as toyish and develpoers wanna sell their work

I beg oya use ur nokia lumina and see if you will get a data cap of what BIS offers - unlimited download and streaming_ as for me blackberry is the best here in nigeria where we have low internet data bundles,which BB offers- andriod sucks data and ios also look you guys rockin all dis tablet think you are in yankee or europe where wireless internet is easy to get and much data to use.

My blackberry does it all for me , I download and upload and ping and the email service is the bomb. What else am I lookin for.

Hisss take ur BB nak am for wall
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by hammedkola(m): 5:52pm On Jul 24, 2012
I can't say anything on blackberry now, as have not started using mine
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by isaco(m): 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2012
it is very bad to use a bad word 'idiot' on someone who is making his opinion known. Try and learn, be polite.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels / Mtn Change Funlink Reloaded To Mtn Pulse / Is There Difference Between Iphone 13 Pro Max And Iphone 14 Pro Max?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.