Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,864 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones (28822 Views)

Will BBM For Android & IOS Be The Final End Of Blackberry In Nigeria?? / Photos Showing The History Of Blackberry! / Etisalat Reduces Price Of Blackberry Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by calaharry: 1:42pm On Jul 26, 2012
cool grin grin grin grin ;DBB UNNESSARY HYPE, UNAVOIDABLE EVIL-MAGNETO...PING, PING, PING AND ALL THE WAY TO BEDROOM

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by calaharry: 1:42pm On Jul 26, 2012
cool grin grin grin grin ;DBB UNNESSARY HYPE, UNAVOIDABLE EVIL-MAGNETO...PING, PING, PING ALL THE WAY TO BEDROOM
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by ajoms85: 11:35pm On Jul 26, 2012
D sage:

Note;there is noting BB can do that other browsing phones cannot. BBM is ordinary yahoo messager that's perfectly working on normal Nokia browsing phones. The diffrnt is dat, BBM used short code and not emails(check d symbol)The one and only unbeatable disadvantage of BB is that,you can't browse without monthly subcription. I'm a BB user since since 2010,der4 talking from experience.
Sharrappp there. Who told u u can't browse witout ur monthly subscription?
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by timilehin007(m): 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2012
cupid4ig: oga first of all without ur bis u can still browse with ur phone browser, opera mini, 2go. bb is not meant for pinging alone it is idiots like u that believe it is only meant for pinging.ok let me as u why do u think celebrities use bb? if u think is because of pinging then u need to tro away ur phone cos u dont need it. my touch 9810 takes only 2mins to boot yes i know it takes time but i cant complain much. then battery yes the battery dont last that is if u have an active bis but the same thing goes to nokia and android phone try connect it on the internet without plugging it to light i give u 3hours the battery will run down, if u have enough money on ur phone try it one day and see for ur self undecided when i mean connect connect it and leave it for 3 or even 3 good hours dont connect and discount it. i have personally try it with my nokia n97 so pls if u dont know what to write just shut ur mouth and keep quite. by the way who asked u to review it i guess u dont have money for one mtcheeeeeew. tongue lipsrsealed undecided cry sad shocked angry

I strongly agree with γ̲̣̣̥ợ̣̣̝̇̇̇υ̲̣̥. If am not subscribe М̣̣̥̇̊γ̲̣̣̥ ba3 stays till the ŋe̶̲̥̅̊x̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅̊ day and talk about the charges, BB is way better would γ̲̣̣̥ợ̣̣̝̇̇̇υ̲̣̥ compare the 3G data plan for a month Glo gives to BB users with 1.5 they gives ordinary fone users? I can boldly tell you that Etisalat, Glo and MTN practically gives unlimited data plan. And going buy what you post underneath about 2go, see, even without subscribing i uses my 2go and operamini plus other applications with some settings right on my BB i browses normally using any application, i am able to use MB just like ordinary fone with MTN pulse am always connected subscribe or not...i'd say all γ̲̣̣̥ợ̣̣̝̇̇̇υ̲̣̥ anti-bb are j̶̲̥̅̊υ̲̣̥Ƨ̲̣̣̥t̶̲̥̅̊ jealous and envy us, its w̶̲̥̅̊h̶̲̥̅̊ɑ̣̣̝̇̇τ̲̣̣̥'s in vogue, if you dnt use it or you choose to dislike it then you ɑ̣̣̝̇̇я̥є̲̣̥ rass and sooooo out fashioned..
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by spikesC(m): 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2012
timilehin007:

I strongly agree with γ̲̣̣̥ợ̣̣̝̇̇̇υ̲̣̥. If am not subscribe М̣̣̥̇̊γ̲̣̣̥ ba3 stays till the ŋe̶̲̥̅̊x̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅̊ day and talk about the charges, BB is way better would γ̲̣̣̥ợ̣̣̝̇̇̇υ̲̣̥ compare the 3G data plan for a month Glo gives to BB users with 1.5 they gives ordinary fone users? I can boldly tell you that Etisalat, Glo and MTN practically gives unlimited data plan. And going buy what you post underneath about 2go, see, even without subscribing i uses my 2go and operamini plus other applications with some settings right on my BB i browses normally using any application, i am able to use MB just like ordinary fone with MTN pulse am always connected subscribe or not...i'd say all γ̲̣̣̥ợ̣̣̝̇̇̇υ̲̣̥ anti-bb are j̶̲̥̅̊υ̲̣̥Ƨ̲̣̣̥t̶̲̥̅̊ jealous and envy us, its w̶̲̥̅̊h̶̲̥̅̊ɑ̣̣̝̇̇τ̲̣̣̥'s in vogue, if you dnt use it or you choose to dislike it then you ɑ̣̣̝̇̇я̥є̲̣̥ rass and sooooo out fashioned..

No dude, BB is old fashioned and no longer in vogue. get a samsung galaxy series, latest nokia's (lumia and others). Latest tabs and so on

Infact, which BB u dey use, let me tell you the year it was made grin

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by onatisi(m): 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2012
spikes C:

No dude, BB is old fashioned and no longer in vogue. get a samsung galaxy series, latest nokia's (lumia and others). Latest tabs and so on

Infact, which BB u dey use, let me tell you the year it was made grin

i must confess that after ppl made mention of nokia e6 i was forced to google better alternatives to bb,and you wont believe it nokia e6 series was the number one ,man that phone is something else ,how much does it goes for in the market now?

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by spikesC(m): 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2012
onatisi:

i must confess that after ppl made mention of nokia e6 i was forced to google better alternatives to bb,and you wont believe it nokia e6 series was the number one ,man that phone is something else ,how much does it goes for in the market now?

am not sure but you can check gsmarena.com to get insight. Those that still talk about BB are those that aren't following mobiles. If you check that website, BB is not even listed n the daily interests for a very long time. Even Nokia asha 305 ia ranking 7th. can you imagine undecided

EDIT:
Just checked the site nw and there's no mention of any BB on the homepage grin

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by onatisi(m): 5:36pm On Jul 27, 2012
spikes C:

am not sure but you can check gsmarena.com to get insight. Those that still talk about BB are those that aren't following mobiles. If you check that website, BB is not even listed n the daily interests for a very long time. Even Nokia asha 305 ia ranking 7th. can you imagine undecided
i have a bb but it all boils down to maintennce cost,staying on the internet with a mobile phone in nigeria is very expensive without a bb we must be honest,but in terms of quality ,fun,apps i strongy have no doubt that bb is not on the list,there are far far far better phones,but like i read bb10 which will be unveiled soon is likely to address these issues and mke bb more appealing to ppl.and we musnt forget bb still have 75million users worldwide
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by spikesC(m): 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2012
onatisi:
i have a bb but it all boils down to maintennce cost,staying on the internet with a mobile phone in nigeria is very expensive without a bb we must be honest,but in terms of quality ,fun,apps i strongy have no doubt that bb is not on the list,there are far far far better phones,but like i read bb10 which will be unveiled soon is likely to address these issues and mke bb more appealing to ppl.and we musnt forget bb still have 75million users worldwide

yeah, maintenance cost and pinging trend. But do you know that MTN 1 month data bundle is 1300 while BB is 1500 grin
BB10 Os which would be unveiled soon? Its not about BB, its about the general public mobile developers.

75million users *coughs*, in every 100 people in Nigeria, 98 has a nokia phone, not to talk of other parts of the world. Nigeria keeps BB alife, its a fact.

Now, am looking to buy a new phone, latest affordable BB is Torch 2 aka BB 9810. After comparing it with Nokia E7, am damned confused. i can't buy a phone i can't spoil. lipsrsealed
BB is not spoil-able, but Nokia, damn... asphalt 7, Need for speed bluetooth multiplayer, Real football series (bluetooth), N-gage (jisos shocked)

Guy, fuccckk pinging... am getting E7 joooor angry

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by onatisi(m): 6:24pm On Jul 27, 2012
spikes C:

yeah, maintenance cost and pinging trend. But do you know that MTN 1 month data bundle is 1300 while BB is 1500 grin
BB10 Os which would be unveiled soon? Its not about BB, its about the general public mobile developers.

75million users *coughs*, in every 100 people in Nigeria, 98 has a nokia phone, not to talk of other parts of the world. Nigeria keeps BB alife, its a fact.

Now, am looking to buy a new phone, latest affordable BB is Torch 2 aka BB 9810. After comparing it with Nokia E7, am damned confused. i can't buy a phone i can't spoil. lipsrsealed
BB is not spoil-able, but Nokia, damn... asphalt 7, Need for speed bluetooth multiplayer, Real football series (bluetooth), N-gage (jisos shocked)

ok let me see what nokia e7 is all about and tell me what makes nokia e7 thick
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by onatisi(m): 6:33pm On Jul 27, 2012
i have a question for you , which smartphone is the fastest moving in the nigerian market now
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by spikesC(m): 6:44pm On Jul 27, 2012
onatisi: i have a question for you , which smartphone is the fastest moving in the nigerian market now
BB and the Nokia E series, C series sell too but mostly C5
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by onatisi(m): 7:08pm On Jul 27, 2012
spikes C:
BB and the Nokia E series, C series sell too but mostly C5
how much will a bb9630 go for in the market
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by jedisco(m): 11:00pm On Jul 27, 2012
spikes C:

First data rates on BB are massively cheaper especially in Nigeria- Thats not a point to argue about.

Also if u want to buy a high end Nokia phone, E7 doesn't cut it for 2012 especially considering its price and what it has to offer.
As of the time it wz released, it wz already outdated talkless of now.

If you want to go 4 a symbian phone, I suggest you look at the set released with belle (701, 700, 601) or you could also go for 808 as they have better processors, are faster and better updated.

If you're looking for the latest HD games especially from gameloft (which make the best games for phones) then you may get disappointed. Their last symbian release wz adventures of tintin which wz around January. This is the area where I can admit that symbian is lacking.
But if you're coming from older symbian versions, you may not notice the difference as there are over 50 HD games available which you can easily play.

I would also have recommended the current lumia series but they are not going to be updated to WP8 and have alot of restrictions.

The best thing should be to wait and see the first WP8 devices released especially since they seem to promise seamless synchronization with W8 on PCs and windows apps and games also.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by onatisi(m): 2:53am On Jul 28, 2012
ok guys i have noticed that we have intelligent ppl n this topic nd i will like to learn from their wisdom.i have a question.
what is a symbian,smartphone and android phone?and how cn i or anyother person differentite them?pls make the explanation in a layman laanguge i am not an engineer so i may nt understn the technical terms
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by BluStreak(m): 7:06am On Jul 28, 2012
Don't know why we are so gσσ∂ at condemning things & making a blanket judgement. These phones all have there purposes. BB is not for kids who wants to play games. BB is for serious minded individuals. Now note that I am a gadget lover. I have iPad 2 3G + wifi, iPhone 3Gs and a Bold 2. That said, I use data on the iPhone mostly when I'm in the office via wifi. The iPad is for meetings and presentation to clients due to its wider screen + the effizzy it throws on a potential client, so I only recharge its data on such occasions. I turned off data completely on the iphone or you will wake up with ur credit wiped. My BB is always on. Cheaper to maintain & I can do practically everything on it. Email on the go, doc editing & creation, viewing of pdf files et al which is basically what others will do too. If u want gaming on a BB, go for the newer keypadless series with better processing power and resolution. There is a BB for every class. On the battery issue, Nigerians are their own problems on cellphone batteries. They don't do a full charge straight outta the box before using d device & in d process diminishes d ba3s potentials.

Let me leave u guys with this last note: BB was originally designed as an enterprise secure communication device for businesses. Its not for boys and girls. I use my iphone more for soccer games and my lil'daughter uses my ipad for talking Sam and others like it.

My verdict: Don't hate BB cos its not for you or you don't know what to do with it. Save yourself that hate energy. I as a person can't do without my BB. Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by spikesC(m): 12:12pm On Jul 28, 2012
jedisco:

1. First data rates on BB are massively cheaper especially in Nigeria- Thats not a point to argue about.

2. Also if u want to buy a high end Nokia phone, E7 doesn't cut it for 2012 especially considering its price and what it has to offer.
As of the time it wz released, it wz already outdated talkless of now.

If you want to go 4 a symbian phone, I suggest you look at the set released with belle (701, 700, 601) or you could also go for 808 as they have better processors, are faster and better updated.

If you're looking for the latest HD games especially from gameloft (which make the best games for phones) then you may get disappointed. Their last symbian release wz adventures of tintin which wz around January. This is the area where I can admit that symbian is lacking.
But if you're coming from older symbian versions, you may not notice the difference as there are over 50 HD games available which you can easily play.

I would also have recommended the current lumia series but they are not going to be updated to WP8 and have alot of restrictions.

The best thing should be to wait and see the first WP8 devices released especially since they seem to promise seamless synchronization with W8 on PCs and windows apps and games also.

1. Thats what most people believe, like i said before, Normal MTN monthly plan is 1300 while BB is 1500. so which one is cheaper

2. Thanks for the heads up but E7 has been updated to belle OS. E7 offers much more than atleast BB torch 2, i have checked. E7 is a business class phone also good for power users like me. But like you said, i think i have to do more research
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by spikesC(m): 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2012
BluStreak:
1. Don't know why we are so gσσ∂ at condemning things & making a blanket judgement. These phones all have there purposes. 2. BB is not for kids who wants to play games. BB is for serious minded individuals. Now note that I am a gadget lover. I have iPad 2 3G + wifi, iPhone 3Gs and a Bold 2. That said, I use data on the iPhone mostly when I'm in the office via wifi. The iPad is for meetings and presentation to clients due to its wider screen + the effizzy it throws on a potential client, so I only recharge its data on such occasions. I turned off data completely on the iphone or you will wake up with ur credit wiped. My BB is always on. Cheaper to maintain & I can do practically everything on it. 3. Email on the go, doc editing & creation, viewing of pdf files et al which is basically what others will do too. 4. If u want gaming on a BB, go for the newer keypadless series with better processing power and resolution. There is a BB for every class. 5. On the battery issue, Nigerians are their own problems on cellphone batteries. They don't do a full charge straight outta the box before using d device & in d process diminishes d ba3s potentials.

Let me leave u guys with this last note: 6. BB was originally designed as an enterprise secure communication device for businesses. Its not for boys and girls. I use my iphone more for soccer games and my lil'daughter uses my ipad for talking Sam and others like it.

My verdict: Don't hate BB cos its not for you or you don't know what to do with it. Save yourself that hate energy. I as a person can't do without my BB. Thank you!

1. Sorry for the misunderstanding but we are not condemning things, this is a debate. don't get it wrong. we're just airing our opinions.

2. No, BB was never made for serious minded individuals, it was made for the social public. They themselves will even tell you. BB doesn't offer much for the business class.

3. Nope, new nokia phones offer pdf editing grin

4. Did you just say keypadless? do you really play games? we're not talking about snake games o grin

5. Nope, not Nigerians. Check all the outstanding BB reviews, there battery uptime is very low. BB torch 2 offers 5hrs talk time, can you imagine undecided
A full charge doesn't bring out a battery's potential, where did you get that from.

6. Now, i can confirm you don't know what you're saying.
BB was originally designed as a free way of social communication through there own satellite servers without the need of a local service provider. It was termed insecure, thereby causing most countries to ban its usage. Get your facts right

Have you ever wondered why service providers have to register before they can provide BB services grin
Do you know what this is: <username>@mtnnigeria.blackberry.net
What of the apn: blackberry.net instead of web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net

Ever wondered why our local service providers restrict the number of push email boxes, why would they do it where they want you to use up your data as fast as possible.
I have up to 8 email boxes which i need instant delivery to my phone for atleast 5 of them. Each time i develop a website, i'll add atleast 2 more to the list. so just like you said, BB is not suited for everyone cool

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by jedisco(m): 2:06pm On Jul 28, 2012
spikes C:

1. Thats what most people believe, like i said before, Normal MTN monthly plan is 1300 while BB is 1500. so which one is cheaper

2. Thanks for the heads up but E7 has been updated to belle OS. E7 offers much more than atleast BB torch 2, i have checked. E7 is a business class phone also good for power users like me. But like you said, i think i have to do more research

Yes the package is 1,500 but people who use it say u can download much more than the quoted 250mb as it doesn't really track ucweb downloads. You could also look at that of etisalat and airtell and you would see the difference is clear.
I'm currently using the airtell plan (though on a Nokia phone) which gives 1GB for 1,200 as opposed to 250mb for 1,300 on mtn.

If you take the 4 inch screen out of E7 (which BTW is a little small compared to some devices), there is nothing left in that phone that is worth comparing it to any 2011 highend phone.
If you're looking for a business phone which u can also use for other stuff, then a 256mb ram, 687MHz device won't give you that in 2012.
Yes its been updated to belle but symbian has moved from belle to belle fp1 and is currently awaiting fp2. E7 ain't gonna get any of those but may just get minor face lifts.
Also, its not just about belle. Have u tried using a low spec pc and a high spec one? They may both run windows 7 but the difference would be very clear.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by spikesC(m): 2:39pm On Jul 28, 2012
jedisco:

Yes the package is 1,500 but people who use it say u can download much more than the quoted 250mb as it doesn't really track ucweb downloads. You could also look at that of etisalat and airtell and you would see the difference is clear.
I'm currently using the airtell plan (though on a Nokia phone) which gives 1GB for 1,200 as opposed to 250mb for 1,300 on mtn.

If you take the 4 inch screen out of E7 (which BTW is a little small compared to some devices), there is nothing left in that phone that is worth comparing it to any 2011 highend phone.
If you're looking for a business phone which u can also use for other stuff, then a 256mb ram, 687MHz device won't give you that in 2012.
Yes its been updated to belle but symbian has moved from belle to belle fp1 and is currently awaiting fp2. E7 ain't gonna get any of those but may just get minor face lifts.
Also, its not just about belle. Have u tried using a low spec pc and a high spec one? They may both run windows 7 but the difference would be very clear.

Hmmm, highly appreciated. I am checking out the belle series, its been long i did mobile research. Web development has really killed my career for that side. grin
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by jedisco(m): 6:14pm On Jul 28, 2012
spikes C:

Hmmm, highly appreciated. I am checking out the belle series, its been long i did mobile research. Web development has really killed my career for that side. grin

Same with me. It wz just abt the end of last year I came back to this phone stuff and I may soon loose interest. Well u should be a guru in web stuff
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by spikesC(m): 7:11pm On Jul 28, 2012
jedisco:

Same with me. It wz just abt the end of last year I came back to this phone stuff and I may soon loose interest. Well u should be a guru in web stuff

naaaah, not a guru ooo, but i love the stuff with passion
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by airbender(m): 9:19pm On Jul 28, 2012
I hate bb wif passion cuz me buyin it ,wil make me luk lyk 1 of those attention sekin,pingin foolz *srry* i wld go for an iphone instead of a bb.but my samsung I9300 Galaxy S III is still the best smartphone...we are still wating 4 iphone 5 *cheers*

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by thefunclubenterprise(m): 11:05am On Jul 29, 2012
Sir P!:
Blackberries are poorly made.. The trackpads don't last long, the phone freezes way too often, you have to pay for BIS .. And it seems everyone and I mean everyone has it.
If you want a good smartphone , the iphone 4s, Galaxy s3 , galaxy note are good options

you buy fake blackberrys that's why!
And bis is not a bb disadvantage! Its a plus!
Everyone has it - are they wrong So everyone is wrong?
I love bb and android phns, but for iphones
I think they are totally useless in nigeria
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by thefunclubenterprise(m): 11:32am On Jul 29, 2012
The blackberry is a great device
It wasn't made for heavy entertainment as most people expect, games and app doesn't make a phone good!

And always remember!, a phone that meets all classes is better.

My dad can't use iphone, he can't use most android

He sure uses a bb, and he is about 70yrs old

Same with my mum,she uses a bb

Infact, the wide range of people using it gives it another point! , easier communication between people

My kid bro loves his htc like mad!....why? Games!

Most people have misused the bb and that has made others grow some hatred for it!

I can't do without a bb!...my business will crumble!....fact#

In my friend's office the bb is used to its proper standard! For business!
All workers and only workers are in his bbm list
They interact easily
Their -personal message- is mostly what they need in office or an activity
Their broadcast is same

Example : his pm reads "I'm re checking last weeks sales records"

You see broadcasts like " senior staffs meeting in head of operations office by 2pm"

So the bbm alone scores a very huge mark!
And that alone is enough to stand the blackberry out!

Also from my knowledge I know rim has its own server!....that means super secured connections

Every man to his taste,
But don't criticise the blackberry out of hate!

And for battery life, common!!
The blackberry exchanges data every second!! Do u know that??

Put off data network and use it for only media and see how long you will use the phone,

I use a htc vivid as well, and it also dies off quickly without much data exchange

Most high performance devices comsume battery a lot!

Lastly! The bb offers very affordable rates of data!....which no other smart phone can compete with!

I download without data limits

1 Like

Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by phantom(m): 3:51pm On Jul 31, 2012
Please I need help . I use a blackberry curve 3. For d past 3 weeks, my dp has refused 2 change. Wat do I do?
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by charlsecy4(m): 11:13am On Aug 02, 2012
Smartphone: Current Top 5 are:

1. Samsung
2. Apple
3. Nokia
4. HTC
5. ZTC

BlackBerry didn't make the list......

Source: http://www.globalnews.ca/rim+no+longer+among+top+5+smartphone+makers/6442687730/story.html
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by gidiMonsta(m): 1:44pm On Aug 03, 2012
spikes C:

1. Sorry for the misunderstanding but we are not condemning things, this is a debate. don't get it wrong. we're just airing our opinions.

2. No, BB was never made for serious minded individuals, it was made for the social public. They themselves will even tell you. BB doesn't offer much for the business class. 1

3. Nope, new nokia phones offer pdf editing grin

4. Did you just say keypadless? do you really play games? we're not talking about snake games o grin

5. Nope, not Nigerians. Check all the outstanding BB reviews, there battery uptime is very low. BB torch 2 offers 5hrs talk time, can you imagine undecided
A full charge doesn't bring out a battery's potential, where did you get that from.

6. Now, i can confirm you don't know what you're saying.
BB was originally designed as a [b]free way of social communication
through there own satellite servers without the need of a local service provider. It was termed insecure, thereby causing most countries to ban its usage. Get your facts right[/b] 1

Have you ever wondered why service providers have to register before they can provide BB services grin
Do you know what this is: <username>@mtnnigeria.blackberry.net
What of the apn: blackberry.net instead of web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net

Ever wondered why our local service providers restrict the number of push email boxes, why would they do it where they want you to use up your data as fast as possible.
I have up to 8 email boxes which i need instant delivery to my phone for atleast 5 of them. Each time i develop a website, i'll add atleast 2 more to the list. so just like you said, BB is not suited for everyone cool

The bolded clearly exposes your ignorant and silly misyarns;

1. BB phones were initially released as business phones and RIM's major customers till date are the Fortune 500 companies. Ever heard of the BES?

2. BB was not banned in those countries because it was insecure, hell it was even banned. The Governments of India and some other gulf nations were just trying to twist the arms of RIM to enable them monitor communications like they do on their other service providers. The best hackers in India couldn't even hack it and you're here yapping on and on about BB been termed insecure.

3.The number of push emails is only restricted to the 'complete package', which is RIM's strategy of pushing the device in the emerging markets by providing a cheaper subscription plan without some essentials like (BB protect, Google maps, and just one email account). If you want to use more the one email account, pay for the full BIS subscription!

BB is not for everyone, despite the high-end specs of the latest releases 9900 and 9810, it still can't compete with iPhone and High-end Androids because of the framework of the BBos, which will be rectified in the upcoming OS10 which will run on the very sleek QNX based on C++. If anyone here has gotten his hands on the DevAlpha you wouldn't be calling BB dead.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by michaelbiz: 2:12am On Dec 14, 2012
Blackberry war!!!
I am not the first to say Nigerians love to argue.
But what shocks me is that we know the truth even if we will not agree.
Last time I checked, cybercafes were everywhere.
Facebook was the game we were all playing then.
Many people prefer to at least have internet access even if they can't pay N15,000 for the Starcomms per month. You too look at the difference!!!
How much do you earn?
I paid it then.
But I refuse to be stupid to continue dashing a company such wasteful money every month.

Now BBM makes life richer.
You paid @ least N100 per hour in the cybercafes.
Now you can pay N1,500 for a "private and personal" use of the internet access 24/7 anytime, anywhere - FOR A WHOLE MONTH.
Blackberry is the ONLY phone (and I repeat, THE ONLY PHONE) that makes it possible to browse so cheap. If that is all I argue today, if you like use Nokia Lumia, use iPhone 5 or Galaxy III, you can never win this one. I rest my case.
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by 2kurupt(m): 10:27am On Dec 14, 2012
cupid4ig: oga first of all without ur bis u can still browse with ur phone browser, opera mini, 2go. bb is not meant for pinging alone it is idiots like u that believe it is only meant for pinging.ok let me as u why do u think celebrities use bb? if u think is because of pinging then u need to tro away ur phone cos u dont need it. my touch 9810 takes only 2mins to boot yes i know it takes time but i cant complain much. then battery yes the battery dont last that is if u have an active bis but the same thing goes to nokia and android phone try connect it on the internet without plugging it to light i give u 3hours the battery will run down, if u have enough money on ur phone try it one day and see for ur self undecided when i mean connect connect it and leave it for 3 or even 3 good hours dont connect and discount it. i have personally try it with my nokia n97 so pls if u dont know what to write just shut ur mouth and keep quite. by the way who asked u to review it i guess u dont have money for one mtcheeeeeew. tongue lipsrsealed undecided cry sad shocked angry

Sorry to burst your bubble, Celebrities use iPhones & top range Android devices
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by nonsojaggs: 10:51am On May 06, 2013
xpensive05: Ol wetin u mention no follo jor coz say u no get moni 4 BB no min say u go tak lyk dis................. :POl
i tink BB is cheaper compare to other smartphones. With 8k i can get a BB Wheda london use or new 1. BB na BB, even d least of it can ping
Re: Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones by Emekayoung(m): 3:56am On May 07, 2013
Writing to dis post is just a waste of time because dis BB issue is just tiring me,unlimited download was designed and made available to people using BB because they knw its weak points,so at least they can use the unlimited data to cool of their agony of battery issues,poor RAM,poor processing speed,lack of internal mass storage memory without memory support,five minutes and all dat.
Unlike Android and Iphones,even if u check d market brand top sellers list,u will find out dat Iphones and Android powered devices are still top mobile sellers anywhere in d market,so why not go and ask why it is so instead of sitting at home displaying 2ur people dat u use a Crapberry fone wit limited utilities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Hackers Have Easy Access To Our Phones / USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels / Mtn Change Funlink Reloaded To Mtn Pulse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.