Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,945 members, 7,863,342 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:53 PM

Religious Difference.help!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Religious Difference.help!!! (749 Views)

How To Date (and Sleep With!) Religious Girls / Why Do Most Religious ladies Find It Difficult To Get Married / We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Difference.help!!! by samhay: 7:00pm On Jul 24, 2012
We've both been cryin out our eyes since mawnin b4 i remembered NAIRALAND can help.Here is my case:
Am a xtian & my fiancee a muslim,we both love eachoda bt nw her mother is saying she can never marry a xtian.We r both at a cross road & confused.Plz i nid matured advice urgently on wat 2 do.WITH TEARS IN MY EYE,AM BEGGING.PLEASE HELP.Its urgent
Re: Religious Difference.help!!! by samhay: 7:02pm On Jul 24, 2012
@Moderator can u please help me get dis on d front page plzzz
Re: Religious Difference.help!!! by DeBlunt: 7:12pm On Jul 24, 2012
convert and marry her, very easy angry
Re: Religious Difference.help!!! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 24, 2012
^^^sadly many people are quick to say "love this and that", but when it is time to SHOW love......it suddenly disappears and they fail miserably.

@OP
your problem didnt start with the mother, it started when you guys started dating knowing fully well that you came from different religious background. what were you thinking?!

1 Like

Re: Religious Difference.help!!! by pendo89(f): 8:40pm On Jul 24, 2012
well pretty sad but some people are ready to die for their religion and u cant change that.
yeah why dd u allow it to get this far? nway that doesnt help.

just continue being friends. dont know about the marriage.
Re: Religious Difference.help!!! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:42pm On Jul 24, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^sadly many people are quick to say "love this and that", but when it is time to SHOW love......it suddenly disappears and they fail miserably.

@OP
your problem didnt start with the mother, it started when you guys started dating knowing fully well that you came from different religious background. what were you thinking?!
Beautiful!
Re: Religious Difference.help!!! by slimyem: 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^sadly many people are quick to say "love this and that", but when it is time to SHOW love......it suddenly disappears and they fail miserably.

@OP
Cest fini!
op, just wipe your tears and forget about the relationship...or betterstill elope with her...cheesycheesy
Re: Religious Difference.help!!! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 24, 2012
Marrying someone of another religion's going to affect how you both view issues in your marriage and how you raise your children. Both of you believe there're different paths to salvation, making it even more difficult, since you love each other and want the other to be saved. It's understandable that her mother is worried. Having your child marry someone of another faith is a big deal and she's probably concerned about her being influenced by your faith and worst of all, converting. People with different religions do marry and do last (without one converting), so it can work. But that depends solely on the two of you.
Re: Religious Difference.help!!! by JallowBah(f): 9:38pm On Jul 24, 2012
Her mother is scared that you will get her converted, wich I can understand, when they consider them self religious.

I grew up in a christian home, liberal christians, I would say. My husbad grew up with a strict muslim father, who did not even allow singing inside the house, that was haram.

Still, we match good. Why? We respect each others beliefs. I am not a very religious person, but I do believe there is a greater power out there, and I do believe the universe calls when asked for. He is a muslim man, but a moderate/liberal one. I know it would make his world if I converted, but I do not think that will happen. ( Never say never. )

If you both respect each other vision on religion, and you agree on how to raise your kids and deal with problems in the marriage, that is the important thing. If both of you will walk around scared that the spouse will "burn in fires of forever", it will not work.

You need to sit down with her mother, and explain how you see this. How you look at their faith, how you respect it, and how you see your marriage, and raising your kids. Will you teach them the bible, the quran, or both? Go to the church, mosquq, or both? Will you marry with an imam, a priest, or at a gouverment-office?

I do hope you both have really discussed these things already, and that you already have answers for all of this. If not, its time to sit down and really have a talk together.

1 Like

Re: Religious Difference.help!!! by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 24, 2012
U knw, some pple can be ediotic sha! At poster.. Are we d girl's mother? Why begging us? How will our input change dis ur miserable untruthful story.. U gat me laughing though. D part of begging for frontpage! Abeg go and luk 4 better tins to beg 4 jare.. Common begger like u! Mumu! If i catch u opening any thread again, walai, ur name go be sorry. Do u tink we are senseless and crazy like u Jst let me catch u opening anoda thread, hin go be like say plane wan crash 4 ur head dat day.. F00l
Re: Religious Difference.help!!! by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 24, 2012
It wont work out.
Re: Religious Difference.help!!! by samhay: 7:24am On Jul 25, 2012
Am grateful 2 both advisers & insulters.We've talkd abt dis issue b4 but we'll try & trash it out again b4 i decide 2 c ha mother.I don't want d mother 2 c me as 2 bold or courageous 4 me 2 come & confront her.Tanx alot.More advice r still welcome
Re: Religious Difference.help!!! by Princeparix(m): 8:03am On Jul 25, 2012
De~Blunt:
convert and marry her, very easy angry
dis a blunt idea>no offence<.is not easy
Re: Religious Difference.help!!! by Princeparix(m): 8:10am On Jul 25, 2012
bennyraz: U knw, some pple can be ediotic sha! At poster.. Are we d girl's mother? Why begging us? How will our input change dis ur miserable untruthful story.. U gat me laughing though. D part of begging for frontpage! Abeg go and luk 4 better tins to beg 4 jare.. Common begger like u! Mumu! If i catch u opening any thread again, walai, ur name go be sorry. Do u tink we are senseless and crazy like u Jst let me catch u opening anoda thread, hin go be like say plane wan crash 4 ur head dat day.. F00l
bros ur assignment plz

(1) (Reply)

How Altar-ready are you? / Husband Kill Wife / What Do You Do When Your Partner Refuses Uyour Proposal That You Are Short

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.