Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. (7565 Views)

Please Help, My 4 Years Relationship Seems To Be Crashing Down / My Six Years Relationship Almost Crashing / Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 9:12am On Apr 01, 2012
I and my boyfriend decided to end our 3yr old relationship today. When he called this morning and told me he has been thinking about the christainity and islamic factor which we see as a barrier in other for us to be together, he decided to call it quits with me, and i accepted even though it hurts badly and i still sob as i type this. All the same i still think it could be for the best as i don't intend staying in a relationship that long again without been sure of the outcome. He was so good to me and i hope to get someone as great as he was after my healing process is over.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 01, 2012
Elaborate more to get a vivid picture of your predicament. Who is the moslem/christian among you? Were you initially willing to succumb to his religious belief?
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Killz3(m): 9:29am On Apr 01, 2012
The best decision you ever took. . .

1 Like

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 9:41am On Apr 01, 2012
I am the christain and he the moslem. I was never willing to succumb into his religion. It just happend that we fell in love at the university and never thought that religion was going to be a barrier. Now been through with school and more mature in making decisions about our lifes, i initiated the talk about the future considering how the love we feel for each other deepens everyday. I told him my fears and he assured me that all was going to be fine with us. But it seems he thought about it hard and decided to make a decision which initially surprised me. But hay! What can i do? I had to accept the split and it hurts terribly.
Crown Prince: Elaborate more to get a vivid picture of your predicament. Who is the moslem/christian among you? Were you initially willing to succumb to his religious belief?

1 Like

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 9:43am On Apr 01, 2012
~Killz~:
And the most hurting at the moment.

1 Like

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by mykejones(m): 9:46am On Apr 01, 2012
Look@d bright side dear,trust me,in the long run,you would also agree it was d best decision u eva took.
It's best if u enter in2 a relatnshp wit people of ur kind. It's an advice fo next time.
Gudluck...and speedy recovery frm ur 'hrtbrk'.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Killz3(m): 9:50am On Apr 01, 2012
peziz: And the most hurting at the moment.
Don't worry. . . It will pass. Just make sure you NEVER remain friends with him, else, it will slow your healing process. wink
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 9:51am On Apr 01, 2012
mykejones: Look@d bright side dear,trust me,in the long run,you would also agree it was d best decision u eva took.
It's best if u enter in2 a relatnshp wit people of ur kind. It's an advice fo next time.
Gudluck...and speedy recovery frm ur 'hrtbrk'.
lol at heart break. Thanks anyway.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 9:53am On Apr 01, 2012
~Killz~:

Don't worry. . . It will pass. Just make sure you NEVER remain friends with him, else, it will slow your healing process. wink

The distance between us now would do justice to that.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by seedord247(m): 9:56am On Apr 01, 2012
I hate seeing this religious sh1t everyday . .. I thank God for my family. I can even date a Ogun worshipper. grin

2 Likes

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 10:01am On Apr 01, 2012
seedord247: I hate seeing this religious sh1t everyday . .. I thank God for my family. I can even date a Ogun worshipper. grin

Good for you.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Killz3(m): 10:06am On Apr 01, 2012
peziz: The distance between us now would do justice to that.
Good! Now, to that effect, delete his number, his text messages, the texts you sent to him, delete him from facebook, untag him from your pics on Facebook, delete all his picture in your possession, Burn the physical ones. . . Unfriend his closest friends. The idea is for you to return yourself to how you were before he came into your life. . .

Omo mehn, NO TIME to sit and brood over something that can never be. . . something you have no power over. I'd rather you take control of your life, and be responsible for putting the pieces of your heart back. Let bygones be bygones! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by claremont(m): 10:08am On Apr 01, 2012
Whenever I see threads like this, I always thank God/gods that I'm an Atheist! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 10:10am On Apr 01, 2012
~Killz~:

Good! Now, to that effect, delete his number, his text messages, the texts you sent to him, delete him from facebook, untag him from your pics on Facebook, delete all his picture in your possession, Burn the physical ones. . . Unfriend his closest friends. The idea is for you to return yourself to how you were before he came into your life. . .

Omo mehn, NO TIME to sit and brood over something that can never be. . . something you have no power over. I'd rather you take control of your life, and be responsible for putting the pieces of your heart back. Let bygones be bygones! cheesy
Lol at all you mentioned above. Don't worry i will be fine.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Bisjosh(f): 10:12am On Apr 01, 2012
~Killz~:

Killz U̶̲̥̅̊ just ministered to me!!!!! Thanks hon
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Bisjosh(f): 10:15am On Apr 01, 2012
claremont: Whenever I see threads like this, I always thank God/gods that I'm an Atheist! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

undecided undecided undecided
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Killz3(m): 10:20am On Apr 01, 2012
peziz: Lol at all you mentioned above. Don't worry i will be fine.
Ok. . . I hope so! smiley
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Killz3(m): 10:21am On Apr 01, 2012
Bisjosh:

Killz U̶̲̥̅̊ just ministered to me!!!!! Thanks hon
You are welcome. . . cheesy
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by neyostica: 10:44am On Apr 01, 2012
Op u did the right thing, too bad for ur bokoharam bf
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by cinammon(f): 10:45am On Apr 01, 2012
So sori dear,I was exactly in ur shoes nd to worsen it,my dad is a pastor..crazy huh? We both decided its best 2 part waes afta 2yrs..d@ was 2months back..it still hurts,I can't count how many crazy things we hav done aftawards,how many tyms he'd call beggin 4 us 2 just com bac,I still wish I cud go back..we hav tried other relationships just 2 get it ova with buh hell,MESS.lol..now am just on my own,buying tym to heal.it gets better wit d passin daes nd am confident d@ one dae I'l get ova it.so dear,all will b well...I feel ur pains 2.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 10:58am On Apr 01, 2012
neyostica: Op u did the right thing, too bad for ur bokoharam bf
He was not. lol..
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by peziz(f): 11:04am On Apr 01, 2012
cinammon: So sori dear,I was exactly in ur shoes nd to worsen it,my dad is a pastor..crazy huh? We both decided its best 2 part waes afta 2yrs..d@ was 2months back..it still hurts,I can't count how many crazy things we hav done aftawards,how many tyms he'd call beggin 4 us 2 just com bac,I still wish I cud go back..we hav tried other relationships just 2 get it ova with buh hell,MESS.lol..now am just on my own,buying tym to heal.it gets better wit d passin daes nd am confident d@ one dae I'l get ova it.so dear,all will b well...I feel ur pains 2.
Yes dear we will be fine. Thanks a lot. Coming to nairaland to post my story was just a way of me not sitting and wallowing in self pity. Bn busy with my fingers and reading helpful comments make me laugh and feel good.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 01, 2012
cinammon: So sori dear,I was exactly in ur shoes nd to worsen it,my dad is a pastor..crazy huh? We both decided its best 2 part waes afta 2yrs..d@ was 2months back..it still hurts,I can't count how many crazy things we hav done aftawards,how many tyms he'd call beggin 4 us 2 just com bac,I still wish I cud go back..we hav tried other relationships just 2 get it ova with buh hell,MESS.lol..now am just on my own,buying tym to heal.it gets better wit d passin daes nd am confident d@ one dae I'l get ova it.so dear,all will b well...I feel ur pains 2.
Am available
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by cinammon(f): 11:16am On Apr 01, 2012
@ crown prince..lol,its more complicated than u can handle..
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by omobadan(m): 11:35am On Apr 01, 2012
See how people are happy someone broke up with her boyfriend because of religion. Sad. I don't share in their sentiments at all. I believe its silly. You guys loved each other for better for worse & then had to terminate a beautiful thing because of religion. Don't you think the good thing about life is tolerance. You guys should've learned to accept each other's faith & try to come to a mutual arrangement. Being in a relationship with someone of the same faith doesn't guarantee happiness. I don't think its a good move. But its your life. I wish you the best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by oluphemmie007: 11:36am On Apr 01, 2012
i guess you did the right thing but please dont disregard any of killz' advise.and if u feel like crying please let the tears flow till they can flow no more.it will help.... went thru the same about 3 years ago,so i know.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by oluphemmie007: 11:38am On Apr 01, 2012
omobadan: See how people are happy someone broke up with her boyfriend because of religion. Sad. I don't share in their sentiments at all. I believe its silly. You guys loved each other for better for worse & then had to terminate a beautiful thing because of religion. Don't you think the good thing about life is tolerance. You guys should've learned to accept each other's faith & try to come to a mutual arrangement. Being in a relationship with someone of the same faith doesn't guarantee happiness. I don't think its a good move. But its your life. I wish you the best of luck.

i dont know if u are married but you should know that faith matters a lot in a family (except they are athiests afterall).its a yoking and it should be with someone of equal faith.
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 01, 2012
OP, THIS IS THE BIGGEST APRIL FOOL HE DID TO YOU!

EITHER YOU ARE DOING APRIL FOOL TO NL OR HE DID IT TO YOU! cheesy cheesy cheesy

GOOD ONE THOUGH
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 01, 2012
~Killz~:
~Killz~:

. . . . . .
this guy's run on threads like this really makes me wanna puke! embarassed
Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by kelz88(f): 11:59am On Apr 01, 2012
In my opinion that wasn't love. Your love would have found a way to conquer the barrier. See what religion does to some people!Kai.

1 Like

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by neyostica: 1:20pm On Apr 01, 2012
kelz88: In my opinion that wasn't love. Your love would have found a way to conquer the barrier. See what religion does to some people!Kai.
Go and fall in love with a pakistani n lets see aw u will overcome d 'barrier'

1 Like

Re: We Agreed To End A 3 Years Relationship Due To Religious Differences. by ismaeel86(m): 1:33pm On Apr 01, 2012
i don't know why in this modern age, people still place religion above everything, shior... both of u are cowards and that means the love u have for each other cant stand the test of time. i'm really sorry for u, but that's the best decision u took cos both of u are not in love, u just enjoyed each others company when u guys were in the uni.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Lagos Church Has A High Number Of Single Ladies? / How I Was Manipulated To Leave The Love Of My Life / See Why Teenage Girls And Boys Shouldn't Be Exposed To Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.