Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,009 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report (14727 Views)

Akpabio's Victory: Sahara Reporters Apologizes To The Public Over False Report / FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday / Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by Pastorniga: 4:54am On Jul 25, 2012
Tunde is a good man. Jona is a great man. Each has what he is looking for, national CAKE share some moi-moi to Tunde and he will shut the hell up.
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by kawkab: 5:40am On Jul 25, 2012
floriana: AIT is Nigerian vilest and most disgusting TV station. I have watched with great concern how the useless station has descended into the abyss over time. This was a station that was bankrupt years back and we had to contribute alms to help offset its huge debt and keep it on air. From very ridiculously looking presenters like Oloyede Oworu to the present Kaakaki ladies (Usama and Adaora) who continue to exhibit intelligence below that of a 5th grader in their analysis,style and presentation, it has all been foolish output from the very viceful station. This is the kind of TV station one sometimes secretly wishes boko haram will help keep of the air once and forever more.

The way they couch their news and take reckless position between warring parties and controversial issues suggest they may have been too poor to afford the services of a right thinking attorney as legal adviser. The only redeeming value in this evil station is Jire kuforiji, Imoni Amarere and probably Adebayo Bodunrin. They should seek better platforms elsewhere and let AIT die. ChannelsTV is next door.

My brother your condemnation of AIT is too much. They have tried to present issues in a balanced manner. They may not be perfect but they are trying. Just that some people expect them to be very condemnatory of the present government; but they would only do that if they have reasons to. During the fuel subsidy issues they listened to both sides; during the Edo election they were the major instrument for sensitizing the electorate.

Please lets give praise where it is needed.
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by bakila: 5:52am On Jul 25, 2012
Mandelaguy: Do I need to? He is a trouble maker and am one of the people watching him and his utterances very closely,soon,he will change dance steps. Just watch.

There are Millions, of what significance are you? Are you the DIRECTOR G. OF DSS, NMI, NIA OR PRESIDENTIAL AMEBO?
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by Cyberconnect12: 6:00am On Jul 25, 2012
Dis Guy:

are you sure?

they have since been offered a role or should that be a laptop or two!!!
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by LordBabs(m): 6:04am On Jul 25, 2012
Suesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesuesue!
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by LFJ: 6:08am On Jul 25, 2012
Mandelaguy: Bakare is just trying to save face,we know his stance and his pretence will fish him out. I pity his blind followers!

Yes, his pretence will fish him out the same way we fish you out already.
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by LFJ: 6:17am On Jul 25, 2012
ogaemma: If only we are honest to ourselves, we will agree that what Bakare is agitating for is true. Who is enjoying the GEJ led government? Up till this moment am still regreting standing under the sun to vote for this failure we call Mr. President. As for AIT, we know their standard have fallen, gone are the days when they give undiluted news. They just a PDP news house, I can't remember when last I even listen to an AIT news. Thanks to channels tv.

Blind follower of fisherman we ignore the truth because an ijaw man is president
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by espn(m): 6:30am On Jul 25, 2012
cheddarking:
Tunde Bakare don Fall My Hand...

He is complaining about THIS:

When He did THIS:

He is angry about THIS:

But he could say THIS:

He is pissed off about THIS:

Yet PTB did THIS:

This level of hypocritical and shymmextic fuckery is very irritating...

This guy should go and retire.. angry angry
did he ask dem to carry arms against d govt or cause any form of trouble..not sure u read thru wat u highlighted urself..he called on all Nigerians to join him in PRAYERS..in capital letter PRAYERS to flush out dis corrupt bastards..so wtf are u saying!

1 Like

Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by texazzpete(m): 6:30am On Jul 25, 2012
dedeike: This pastor politician is just loosing it on a daily basis. Imagine a situation where a pastor is now suing for his grossly damaged reputation by a media house.
How will his followers be feeling in the light of this? Isn't it ridiculous, to say the least, that a " Man of God" now runs to court to save his reputation?
Bakare is not displaying maturity in his opposition to constituted authority. Christains tenets enjoins us not to be sore loosers.
For AIT, I don't have any sympathy for you guys. You have been confronted with nemesis for all the falsehood you feed Nigerians.
This time around, you can't hide under the cloak of govt persecution.

So demanding a retraction of falsehood aired on AIT is being a 'sore loser'?

So what if he is a 'Man of God'? He should not got to the courts again because of that? Who should he run to to save his reputation? You?

1 Like

Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by espn(m): 6:37am On Jul 25, 2012
comradefery: He said that Obasanjo would die, OBJ didn't die, he said that OBJ would not finish his tenure, the man finished his tenure, he said that Jonathan was the Mesiah, and now says that Jonathan is evil, he said that God didn't ask him to run for Vice President, yet he ran and failled, he claims to be an honest man, yet didn't condemn the post-election Massacre of Innocent Corpers, Women, and Children, he has Falsely Prophesised or Predicted tragedy for the President and his Vice, yet he was not sued, but a Media house condemned his Uncivilized and Anti people posture, now he's crying fawl.........to Bakare I say; Your Commedy is not interesting cos it's not as Entertaining as that of Mr. Ibu and Osuofia, so quit the stage!
dry abeg..aint funny!u fink u can make us laugh..better luck next time..pass!
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 25, 2012
Bakare is sinking!

I am sad about it though. He was a good voice to hear in those days but these days, the voice is sounding so demented.

To mount the pulpit on Sunday to shout "up up Jesus, down down Jonathan" has crossed from passion to obsession.

"up up Bakare, down down Jonathan" would have been more like it.

Bakare at this moment in time is bringing the gospel to disreputation. I am feeling both for the gospel and Bakare.
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by DBen2: 6:59am On Jul 25, 2012
PTB please be encouraged by d poor masses u r fighting for,God almighty will continue to guide and protect u .people always forget history ,martin luther king was a pastor and so many others .u r always remembered in my prayers,for some of us insulting him is obvious how ur short term memory has failed u or they lack judgement acumen. Am very sure pastor will be very comfortable if he decides to be selfish.

1 Like

Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by Kposkila: 7:07am On Jul 25, 2012
comradefery: He said that Obasanjo would die, OBJ didn't die, he said that OBJ would not finish his tenure, the man finished his tenure, he said that Jonathan was the Mesiah, and now says that Jonathan is evil, he said that God didn't ask him to run for Vice President, yet he ran and failled, he claims to be an honest man, yet didn't condemn the post-election Massacre of Innocent Corpers, Women, and Children, he has Falsely Prophesised or Predicted tragedy for the President and his Vice, yet he was not sued, but a Media house condemned his Uncivilized and Anti people posture, now he's crying fawl.........to Bakare I say; Your Commedy is not interesting cos it's not as Entertaining as that of Mr. Ibu and Osuofia, so quit the stage!
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by emisun(m): 7:08am On Jul 25, 2012
dedeike: This pastor politician is just loosing it on a daily basis. Imagine a situation where a pastor is now suing for his grossly damaged reputation by a media house.
How will his followers be feeling in the light of this? Isn't it ridiculous, to say the least, that a " Man of God" now runs to court to save his reputation?
Bakare is not displaying maturity in his opposition to constituted authority. Christains tenets enjoins us not to be sore loosers.
For AIT, I don't have any sympathy for you guys. You have been confronted with nemesis for all the falsehood you feed Nigerians.
This time around, you can't hide under the cloak of govt persecution.

ur post is laced wit contradiction.........have u for once imagined the consequences of society that has got laws but no court and so all crimes get forgiven?anachy
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by floriana(m): 7:12am On Jul 25, 2012
kawkab:

My brother your condemnation of AIT is too much. They have tried to present issues in a balanced manner. They may not be perfect but they are trying. Just that some people expect them to be very condemnatory of the present government; but they would only do that if they have reasons to. During the fuel subsidy issues they listened to both sides; during the Edo election they were the major instrument for sensitizing the electorate.

Please lets give praise where it is needed.
How can you call news manufacturing by AIT and description of a chat by Bakare with SSS as an arrest and bail case? Why does AIT have to always argue for the FG when issues of freedom of speech is involved? Balanced reporting is when you report news as it is and not using inappropriate language. Take a little time to watch Kaakaki analysis by the infantile presenters of AIT. An hour later what the trio of Chamberlain, Suleiman and Maupe thrash out a topic on sunrisedaily and tell me which is balanced reporting. You will no doubt come to the conclusion that AIT reportage is just a m.asturbatory act intended to pleasure the cash interest of Dokpesi on the particular day. And am being very charitable using these mild words. AIT is full of poooo.
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by BashMe1(m): 7:16am On Jul 25, 2012
Captainajama: Bakare is living in a fools paradise.

Ur d dumbest amongst all abnormally & disorderly inclined victims. Can't believe u r talking such trash to somebody wu in ur tym can never possess the kinda' knowledge & info. he has got so far so gud.

I wonder hw u manage 2 get urself onto dis kinda' informative platform sef... Shiiooooo
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by emsquare(m): 7:21am On Jul 25, 2012
warrior01: This clown again! See pot calling kettle black

Hmmm!
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by Mrhod: 7:34am On Jul 25, 2012
Every religious leader should rise up & join d fight agaist bad govt, instead of given dem big tittle, AIT is a subsidary of PDP, PTB is not a poor man, he is fightin 4 d poor, if he needs money he would hv collected GEJ transport fare, Are u confortable with dis govt? Apart fr dis man who has been bold 2 cum out 2 spik? Or every 1 should b silent?
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by tunnytox(m): 7:36am On Jul 25, 2012
Captainajama: Bakare is living in a fools paradise.

Its you and many other ignorant, naive and politically oblivious Nigerians Neardanls who is living in fools paradise. Where is an unlike button when you need one?
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by deandavid(m): 7:39am On Jul 25, 2012
D_Ben: PTB please be encouraged by d poor masses u r fighting for,God almighty will continue to guide and protect u .people always forget history ,martin luther king was a pastor and so many others .u r always remembered in my prayers,for some of us insulting him is obvious how ur short term memory has failed u or they lack judgement acumen. Am very sure pastor will be very comfortable if he decides to be selfish.
my brother, am so suprise to hear some people hear calling the pastor a hipocrite. He is fighting for powerless and voiceless nigerians,like me and u,this guy has got nothing to lose. What has pdp led govt achieved in nigeria? Corruption everywhere, nobody has been sentenced, prices of thing going up by the day. If not for the likes of this pastor, nigerians would have been sold by the ruling elite. People open ur eyes to see and speak the truth, nothing good can come out from pdp govt.
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by comradefery: 7:44am On Jul 25, 2012
floriana: AIT is Nigerian vilest and most disgusting TV station. I have watched with great concern how the useless station has descended into the abyss over time. This was a station that was bankrupt years back and we had to contribute alms to help offset its huge debt and keep it on air. From very ridiculously looking presenters like Oloyede Oworu to the present Kaakaki ladies (Usama and Adaora) who continue to exhibit intelligence below that of a 5th grader in their analysis,style and presentation, it has all been foolish output from the very viceful station. This is the kind of TV station one sometimes secretly wishes boko haram will help keep of the air once and forever more.

The way they couch their news and take reckless position between warring parties and controversial issues suggest they may have been too poor to afford the services of a right thinking attorney as legal adviser. The only redeeming value in this evil station is Jire kuforiji, Imoni Amarere and probably Adebayo Bodunrin. They should seek better platforms elsewhere and let AIT die. ChannelsTV is next door.
When you were contributing the so called alms, you didn't know the station was substandard? Because a Television Station criticised a man preching hatred and extremism, that's why you are ranting gibberish., we have seen how intolerant you would be when you take over from Jonathan. What are you waiting for before bringing the Boko Haram you boasted of to bomb AIT. You will still run away from Channels when they don't meet your evil desires, and then float your Boko Haram Television Station!
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by tunnytox(m): 7:52am On Jul 25, 2012
comradefery: When you were contributing the so called alms, you didn't know the station was substandard? Because a Television Station criticised a man preching hatred and extremism, that's why you are ranting gibberish., we have seen how intolerant you would be when you take over from Jonathan. What are you waiting for before bringing the Boko Haram you boasted of to bomb AIT. You will still run away from Channels when they don't meet your evil desires, and then float your Boko Haram Television Station!

Dude just shut the fcck up if you have nothing to say, PTB preaching hatred and extremism? you need to have your head checked if you don't know the meaning of hatred and extremism. I suspect you're one of the 40 laptop men
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by marvel10: 7:56am On Jul 25, 2012
Sadly, too many Nigerian pastors vie for public office on the basis of their knowledge of the 'Word of God'. I don't condone anyone being misquoted, as it boils down to a lie but pastors should stick to what they know, particularly when they aspire to the very same seat of those they criticise. It just doesn't seem right to me.

1 Like

Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by comradefery: 8:00am On Jul 25, 2012
espn: dry abeg..aint funny!u fink u can make us laugh..better luck next time..pass!
I would bother to make u laughy if I were a petty Commedian like ur dishonestly confused and Intolerant Papa Bakare, and as uncivilized, irrational and unintelligent as you!
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by Demdem(m): 8:02am On Jul 25, 2012
Ayatullah: AIT is a bankrupt media outfit, hence it seems to be playing GEJ card to survive,
What a shame! They are loaded with arrogant staff……..LOLA OWOEYE WISE(FOOLISH) has to put on her reading glasses today to read news after many errors, and off again she removes it, they are never prompt in delivering the news, and they will not apologise for being late. Pastor Bakare should sue them and add to their woes…….their naira woes!

Dokpesi is a dog. The mastermind of Oct 2010 bomb blast in Abuja that killed innocent souls will do anything to support the government of the day to save his almost dead TV station. Why cant AIT discuss that?
The facts are clear, AIT lied like they always do and its expected they apologised or get sued.
The issue isnt if Bakare is a fake prophet or not. besides below was what transpired. both SSS and bakare who are the only two parties in the discussion hasnt come out to deny such. This cowardice act wont stop bakare, besides they should get ready for episode 2 this week.

Tunde Bakare, the pastor of Later Rain Assembly and vice presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, in the last general election has said he will not tone down his church sermons critical of the administration.

Mr Bakare was called in by the State Security Service in Shangisha, Lagos, on Monday following a sermon he delivered in his church Sunday on how to peacefully change governments.

Speaking to an online news agency PREMIUM TIMES Monday night, the activist pastor said at the SSS office, the director requested him to moderate his sermon given the huge following he enjoys nationwide.

In response, Mr Bakare, who went to the Shangisha office of the secret police Monday afternoon, flanked by his lawyer and Yinka Odumakin, a close comrade, handed the director a signed copy of his Sunday sermon, and requested him to peruse it carefully.

"I then asked him whether there was anything in the sermon that was false or misleading," the pastor said via telephone from Lagos. "I then informed him that I won't tone down my sermons."

Mr. Bakare also said he handed an invitation to the SSS directors to attend his church where more critical messages would be delievered this and next week.

"It is a three-part message I'm giving, and they are free to attend," he said.

The pastor said he had a cordial deliberation with the security agents, as all those who engaged him were civil.

"In fact, I spoke far more than they did," Mr. Bakare, a fiery critic of the Goodluck Jonathan administration, said.

http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/2064-pastor-tunde-bakare-rejects-sss-call-to-moderate-sermons
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by Sirmee(m): 8:04am On Jul 25, 2012
When will the followers and d 40 laptop men eva see anytin wrong wit d way their employer is mismanagin d affairs of dis country? Rememba money is not evrytin in lyf.
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by Demdem(m): 8:10am On Jul 25, 2012
Now to those foools (that includes AIT) accusing Tunde bakare of mixing Politics with the Pulpit, and so what? he isnt the first and wont be the last. besides what can u say about the below? Is the Retardeen not mixing politics with religion? how many head does he has that Bakare doesnt. U all are hypocrites.

Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by bigmo1(m): 8:23am On Jul 25, 2012
bong4: i am sorry for Nigeria. This administration needs to be told the truth. It has failed and woefully too. I am sorry for Johnathan cos when the chips are down he will be at the stakes. Bakare is simply saying:
we are tired of an insensitive government of the richh by the rich and for the rich.
Why do so many empty heads on this forum fail to understand this?
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by coolted(m): 8:27am On Jul 25, 2012
sad You know what? You are all right.
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by comradefery: 8:35am On Jul 25, 2012
LFJ:

Yes, his pretence will fish him out the same way we fish you out already.
Don't worry, he will soon go dumb like the little Farouk Lawan.
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by Baawaa(m): 8:37am On Jul 25, 2012
Dokpsi is most fraudulent business man i ever see,some years back he was begging public to fund his personal business.2010 he was campaign chairman of Babangiga,Octomber that year we all remember what happened.Since then Dokpsi has become GEJ boy.Why must you carry fake news?Bakare was not detained for 5hours talk-less of 2 days.
Re: Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report by ODB1: 8:49am On Jul 25, 2012
This guy again...nah only you dey for 9ja?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Ndume Gave AGF's Number To Boko Haram – SSS / Fani-kayode's Ex Wife, Yemisi Wada, Distances Herself From Online Publication / Nigeria To Receive Another $500 Million Abacha Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.