Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

"Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful (18600 Views)

West, Kalu, Ndah-Isaiah, Fashola, Abdulahi, Akeredolu may make Buhari's cabinet / Akeredolu Will Transform Ondo, Says Fashola / Intrigues As ACN Picks Akeredolu As Ondo Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by dayokanu(m): 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2012
alj harem:

LOL egbon, tinubu is a SENATOR thus he can infulence reforms for his sector in Lagos

What has he done so far. Ganuyu Solomon is a sentor and we see his work. what of tinubu ?

Which Tinubu are you talking about?

Would any rational person hold George H.W Bush and Jeb Bush responsible for the actions of an elected George W Bush?
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by 2mch(m): 7:22pm On Jul 25, 2012
Gbawe: Guys, let us see the big picture. Mimiko has done well and he will probably get a second term to continue his efforts despite Akeredolu being a genuinely progressive candidate and the sort anyone would ordinarily want involved in SW politics at the highest level. Overall, events bode well for the political future of the SW. We need to look beyond the spat of politicians, itself an inevitable by-product of the "dirty game", and focus on why we all involved ourselves in political discussions in the first place i.e the desire to see the development of our States, regions and Nation. If Ondo is witnessing progress under Mimiko, then let that continue.

It is testimony to the positive changes becoming entrenched in the SW that we now see a performing Governor (Mimiko) challenged by a formidable opposition candidate in Akeredolu. The exchange of insults is partisan politics at work and ultimately not relevant enough, IMO, to obstruct from the positives going on here. Of utmost relevance to me is how this is not a battle between light and day , or Jesus and Satan, as was the case in the past. When you have great candidates facing each other, development and progress is the likely reward for the State - whoever wins. This is a situation we should all pray becomes the norm in Nigeria because Partisan politics is essentially a means to an end.

Exactly. May the best man win. I think Mimiko though is not doing well in making sure he gets his right share of the oil largesse. Maybe because he comes from a small party. He really needs to look into how that revenue is shared and if he is getting what Ondo deserves. He should also focus more on working with the ACN on improving the region as a whole. We need to do a mid year review on all ACN held state governors and how they are doing. We know OYO is not doing enough. OYO has a lot of potential. Be it tourism and so much more. Ajimobi and the rest need to be held accountable.

1 Like

Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by EkoIle1: 7:30pm On Jul 25, 2012
Gbawe: Guys, let us see the big picture. Mimiko has done well and he will probably get a second term to continue his efforts despite Akeredolu being a genuinely progressive candidate and the sort anyone would ordinarily want involved in SW politics at the highest level. Overall, events bode well for the political future of the SW. We need to look beyond the spat of politicians, itself an inevitable by-product of the "dirty game", and focus on why we all involved ourselves in political discussions in the first place i.e the desire to see the development of our States, regions and Nation. If Ondo is witnessing progress under Mimiko, then let that continue.

It is testimony to the positive changes becoming entrenched in the SW that we now see a performing Governor (Mimiko) challenged by a formidable opposition candidate in Akeredolu. The exchange of insults is partisan politics at work and ultimately not relevant enough, IMO, to obstruct from the positives going on here. Of utmost relevance to me is how this is not a battle between light and day , or Jesus and Satan, as was the case in the past. When you have great candidates facing each other, development and progress is the likely reward for the State - whoever wins. This is a situation we should all pray becomes the norm in Nigeria because Partisan politics is essentially a means to an end.

Well said. Either way, it's a win win situation for the SW.
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by ubandire(m): 7:52pm On Jul 25, 2012
dayokanu:

If you have any iota of common sense, (Which would be shocking if you have) you would have known that Oshiomole did not need retardeens support before the election, He didn't need retardeens support during the election

So why would he need retardeens support after the election he won by a landslide margin

What Oshiomole went to Aso rock for was to console Retardeen on the monumental insult that was given to him by the Oba of Bini

Sitting down like a mumu and being ignored by the Oba

The fool at it again....mtschewwww
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by ubandire(m): 7:58pm On Jul 25, 2012
If Akeredolu isn't demented thereby forgetting that mimiko only owes gratitude to the ondo electorate he would have shut his trap and focused on his campaign,or wait a minute is he trying to imply that iroko should be thankful to the ACN cos of their paid judiciary headed by the disgraced Salami?yea,that sounds more like it.

2 Likes

Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 25, 2012
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by chetaraph(m): 8:27pm On Jul 25, 2012
Eko Ile: It's really irritating when people defend public officials by saying they are doing a great job, they are building this and that, but they still can not find up with one single fact, picture or any documented proof to back up their claims.

We are not mumu so please don't feed us with what you can not prove with anything.
i was born and brought up in Akure and still resides dere after school. the infrastructural developments in Akure in the last 3years is sumtin a reasonable mind should commend. such a government as this has never existed in the state. xo pal, what they claim are xo xo real. u can take ur time to check out in person or any other means.
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by bakila: 8:29pm On Jul 25, 2012
Mimiko camp just said the truth. acn is sliding on a pdpish grab grab path.
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by pcicero(m): 8:49pm On Jul 25, 2012
Hmmm...interesting

I sincerely love both guys- Mimiko and Akeredolu. I really don't like those who think whoever doesn't support Tinubu is not a progressive.

I don taya for dat yeye argument.

Let the people of Ondo decide who they want!

If the regional integration is truly all about progess and development and not extending the Emperor's sphere of influence, the last one year should have been enough to start something meaningful at least with the contiguous states- Lagos, Ogun, Oyo.
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by shegzymoni: 8:50pm On Jul 25, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Take a trip to ondo state and see for yourself. The difference is very clear.

Mimiko is the best thing that happened to ondo state in recent times. The city is looking very clean. . .Right from Ade super hotels to down town, to market place like Olu Kayode. My mistake I couldn't come back with pictures last two weeks I was there.

we have equally felt his shadow in far away Ikare with lots of projects.
I dnt do politics ooo bt pls wat has he done to ikare cos I stay there. The only thing I knw is †ђξ uncompleted school building. For cryin out loud, four gud years

Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by sojiboy(m): 9:21pm On Jul 25, 2012
i swear Mimiko will win.In education he has standout of d rest.D cheapest University in s/w today is AAU Akungba whch is less dan #30k compare Lasu(250k and above),EKSU(150k and above) Uniosun,OOU etc.sincerely,Tinbu is an emperor.i dnt knw why Yorubas re worshipin him.Mimiko work in Ondo state is d best in d history of Ondo and d best serving governor in s/w today.he will win.Truout my i.t in akure i ve seen alot in his development agenda.akure is beta dan lagos now cos Mimiko didnt put tolls fee on road like Fashola did.see Rinuba want to turn himself to commander in chief of southwest politics and it wont work.Iroko yi jooooo gbasibe

1 Like

Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by PaulJohn1: 9:31pm On Jul 25, 2012
sojiboy: i swear Mimiko will win.In education he has standout of d rest.D cheapest University in s/w today is AAU Akungba whch is less dan #30k compare Lasu(250k and above),EKSU(150k and above) Uniosun,OOU etc.sincerely,Tinbu is an emperor.i dnt knw why Yorubas re worshipin him.Mimiko work in Ondo state is d best in d history of Ondo and d best serving governor in s/w today.he will win.Truout my i.t in akure i ve seen alot in his development agenda.akure is beta dan lagos now cos Mimiko didnt put tolls fee on road like Fashola did.see Rinuba want to turn himself to commander in chief of southwest politics and it wont work.Iroko yi jooooo gbasibe

grin grin grin grin Bro you no do your research well o. OAU(Obafemi Awolowo University.A K A Oba Awon University grin) is paying not up to [i]N[/i]8000 per year, go confirm.
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by PaulJohn1: 9:33pm On Jul 25, 2012
For this debate, I never ear PDP grin grin grin grin.

hahahaha PDP no enter top 2 leading party for Ondo, e don finish for them cry cry grin grin
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by emsquare(m): 9:43pm On Jul 25, 2012
Hmmm!
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by Gentleboby: 9:44pm On Jul 25, 2012

Good talk

Three strong candidates, ondo state politics look different but second term never easy for anyone before till now
mimiko would had made it but he had wasted half of state found to press opposition down, which later result to lack of founding huge project like his own town ondo road dual extension and others huge projects. The only option is to concentrate on little little project in city of akure the capital, market building,bus-stop,rand-about,car-park etc but some people condemn that it suppose to be a youth copa and local gov. project too small for governor to handle but it normal. At least eight months to complete first tenor looking for more achievement.

PDP == Olusola Oke
LP == Segun Mimiko
ACN == Akeredolu

on your mark set go ============
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 25, 2012
Paul John:

grin grin grin grin Bro you no do your research well o. OAU(Obafemi Awolowo University.A K A Oba Awon University grin) is paying not up to [i]N[/i]8000 per year, go confirm.

OAU is a federal university. The poster was referring to states university.
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by PaulJohn1: 10:09pm On Jul 25, 2012
saxywale:

OAU is a federal university. The poster was referring to states university.

Your head dey there. My mistake grin grin
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by sokera: 10:10pm On Jul 25, 2012
afam4eva: Abeg, they should leave Mimiko to continue. He's the best governor in the south-west afterr fashola. Other CAN governors have failed.

Why not give d other governor time to work they arr jst 1yr plus der mimiko as spent 4rys in power ..
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by Theultimate(m): 10:12pm On Jul 25, 2012
These politicians sha! Who is older btw OBJ & Tinubu? Have those ACNs forget when they always blasts obj?
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by decrox199(m): 10:21pm On Jul 25, 2012
Eko Ile: It's really irritating when people defend public officials by saying they are doing a great job, they are building this and that, but they still can not find up with one single fact, picture or any documented proof to back up their claims.

We are not mumu so please don't feed us with what you can not prove with anything.
because Ɣ☺ΰr very lazy τ̅☺ find out by urself bout D̶̲̥̅̊ good work he'Ş doing...fool
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by Henries: 10:21pm On Jul 25, 2012
Wonder wt being a democrat means 2 some 1 dt has his wife as a senator,his son-in-law as a MHR representin ekiti in abuja,his daughter as chairperson lagos state market dev.&mgt.himself d empror defacto of ACN,tinubu suppose change im name 2 democracy.IROKO JOO,gba sibe
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by dayokanu(m): 10:23pm On Jul 25, 2012
Henries: Wonder wt being a democrat means 2 some dt has his wife as a senator,his son-in-law as a MHR representin ekiti in abuja,his daughter as chairperson lagos state market dev.&mgt.himself d empror defacto of ACN,tinubu suppose change im name 2 democracy.IROKO JOO,gba sibe

President George H W Bush was president of the US, His first son George W Bush was President of the US, His second son Jeb Bush was Governor of a State.

That must mean the Bush are not democrats.

Too many illiterates on this forum
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by antitpiah: 10:39pm On Jul 25, 2012
dayokanu:

President George H W Bush was president of the US, His first son George W Bush was President of the US, His second son Jeb Bush was Governor of a State.

That must mean the Bush are not democrats.

Too many illiterates on this forum

Gbam! + 1 million

This only problem with this comparison is the skin color. I mean Bush is Black, Tinubu is WHite; other than that, The Bush dynasty = Emperor Tinubu's company in all ramifications. grin grin grin
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by EkoIle1: 10:46pm On Jul 25, 2012
chetaraph: i was born and brought up in Akure and still resides dere after school. the infrastructural developments in Akure in the last 3years is sumtin a reasonable mind should commend. such a government as this has never existed in the state. xo pal, what they claim are xo xo real. u can take ur time to check out in person or any other means.

Please stop the with the weak talk abeg. This is the internet age, not the stone age. Projects are brick and mortar siting on earth soil, not some invisible or below the ground objects.

Whatever projects Ondo state commissioned or is embarking on is on the state's website and it's the same Micky Mouse, substandard and pretentious projects, they are basically lousy reflections of the huge budget in terms of the little population and demand.

These are some of the projects on the state's website...

A set of completed housing units at Oba-Ile, Akure

Mother and Child Hospital, Oke-Aro, Akure

Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by antitpiah: 10:50pm On Jul 25, 2012
Eko Ile:

Please stop the with the weak talk abeg. This is the internet age, not the stone age. Projects are brick and mortar siting on earth soil, not some invisible or below the ground objects.

Whatever projects Ondo state commissioned or is embarking on is on the state's website and it's the same Micky Mouse, substandard and pretentious projects, they are basically lousy reflections of the huge budget in terms of the little population and demand.

SO this is not just a Yoruba/Ibo thing for you. It is a we vs them thingy, as long as the them dont belong in your imperialist party. You are disgusting and honestly God help you the day I meet you in real life. B/a/s/t/a/r/d.
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by igboboy1(m): 10:51pm On Jul 25, 2012
I am damn sure ACN (especially laogs chapter) has a 40 laptop department too like GEJ's PDP..

The ACN's own has to be headed by General Eko Ile, with Dayokanunwankwor as the field Marshal

1 Like

Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by EkoIle1: 10:51pm On Jul 25, 2012
decrox199: because Ɣ☺ΰr very lazy τ̅☺ find out by urself bout D̶̲̥̅̊ good work he'Ş doing...fool

Dumb id//iot, the burden is not on me to do anything since I didn't make any claim so there is nothing for me to prove. If you clowns are not too intellectually lazy and incompetent to back up your claims with documented facts, we wont be having any conversation about projects..

The state's website is not located under the rock and the other poster said you can not find anything on google, but one second on google took me to state state's website.

Well, I just took time out to do your work you lazy clowns...he's doing something good alright, 150 billion crappy village projects..
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by igboboy1(m): 10:53pm On Jul 25, 2012
antitpiah:

SO this is not just a Yoruba/Ibo thing for you. It is a we vs them thingy, as long as the them dont belong in your imperialist party. You are disgusting and honestly God help you the day I meet you in real life. B/a/s/t/a/r/d.

ghen ghen ghen Eko Ile don vex DOn anitipiah o..lol

But come bros how the kponsing go be if u catch eko ile? Biko snap am for camera so u go fit post am for NL...
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by Sleekjd(f): 10:56pm On Jul 25, 2012
@ Rhino, may God forgive ur lying ass. I live in Ikare and I tell you, this town is a glorified village. The road @ d Olukare's palace is a death trap. Countless ppl have died when brakes of heavy duty vehichles fail n crush ppl @ d market to death. Stop believing what you read in the papers.
The new market is built by the gov. Is laying waste becos market women have vowed not to go there cos the road is not accessible by foot talkless of vehicle. I have done countless reports on this n I know what am talking about.
The mega school has been under construction for years; n dia is no sign it will be completed anytime soo,
The road network in ikare to ugbe is something else... I could go on and on cos I ve bin living n working in this government forsaken area for 3years now.
Fine, development is going on in the state capital, but towns r not really feeling it. All projects in the Akoko area if any are moving @ snail pace.
Abeggi don't come here to spew what you don't know. N pls don't compare him to my Gov, Oshiobaba, whose developmental project r felt statewide.
I don't care who wins oo, but pls spreading false hood here.
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by igboboy1(m): 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2012
PStylish:

And that's the mistake Mimiko is making.

He prefers to be the emperor of Labour Party other than a prominent stakeholder in ACN (the party of the Yorubas and Edos).

Afterall, Oshiomhole, though an ACN governor, doesn't bow to or take orders from Tinubu. He runs the Edo show independently. Can't Mimiko do the same in Ondo as an ACN governor? Only Fashola and Aregbesola can be said to be Tinubu's boys of all the ACN governors. Others are pretty independent. Infact, Amosun even seems to romance more with OBJ than Tinubu.Amosun is OBJ's boy.

Mimiko is a right man in the wrong party.

For crying out loud, why should Ondo state be the odd state in the SW and the whole federation?

LP has no presence elsewhere in the country aside Ondo state and it has an Igbo chairman.[/b]The consequence of that scenario is as follows:
1. As the sole LP state, Ondo state govt funds LP nationwide.

2.[b] With the party having an Igbo chairman, the Igbos have been enjoying what should be the birthright of citizens
like (political appointments, contracts and what have you) more than they would normally enjoy on a good day. Hence, I'm not surprised Igbos support him.

Mimiko is doing well no doubt. But can we be sure he'll keep it up or increase the pace when he eventually gets the 2nd term? Methinks he'll just relax. Nothing to care for again. He may even return to the PDP.

The reason he is "doing so well" now is because of the potent threat ACN is posing. When the threat is gone its going to be a different ball game.

Ondo state cannot afford to be the odd one out in Yorubaland. We need to return to the mainstream ASAP for the sake of today, tomorrow and the future.

Come to think of it, he's being reconstructing/repairing the Owo-Ikare-Ajowa road now for almost 2 years.Maybe he wants to use its completion as a campaign promise for 2nd term.Thats too bad.

PS: I have nothing against the Igbos before some people will come and tear me up.They are just smart opportunists.

@bolded: Nna biko mechionu gi.....thank you
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by dayokanu(m): 11:05pm On Jul 25, 2012
igbo boy: I am damn sure ACN (especially laogs chapter) has a 40 laptop department too like GEJ's PDP..

The ACN's own has to be headed by General Eko Ile, with Dayokanunwankwor as the field Marshal

Yes oooooooo
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by 2mch(m): 11:10pm On Jul 25, 2012
Eko Ile:

These are some of the projects on the state's website...

A set of completed housing units at Oba-Ile, Akure

Mother and Child Hospital, Oke-Aro, Akure

Well this is not what i heard or was expecting. Quite dismal and very mediocre considering the budget vs population. Well, may the best man win. The pendulum can swing either way based on how the people feel. I trust my people sha, they never disappoint when it comes to politics. cheesy. Dont let stranger open an NL name "anit Ekoile" grin cheesy. The guy don vex.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade / Sanwo-Olu Praises Professionalism Of RRS Official Assaulted By Driver / 2021 ‘Osinbajo Day’ Set To Hold On August 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.