Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,855 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

"Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful (18467 Views)

West, Kalu, Ndah-Isaiah, Fashola, Abdulahi, Akeredolu may make Buhari's cabinet / Akeredolu Will Transform Ondo, Says Fashola / Intrigues As ACN Picks Akeredolu As Ondo Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by vemmawealth(f): 5:29pm On Jul 27, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
All these lies just to continue looking for victims of your scamming machine? shocked shocked choi!!!

Iya Basira, no one will fall for your lies and have his hard earned money snatched away from him. If you like, write more rubbish and post more lies about how people are making 10000000 dollars on daily basis in Kenya. Your yahoo yahoo mode of operation is very weak that even my dog won't fall for it.

Do you equally send out scamming emails inviting people to participate in joint contract ventures running into billion of dollars? shocked shocked O ma se o o o o o.

I'm not a sexist, but I find it very entertaining to come across a female(still doubting) yahoo yahoo crook with wack second grade logic. Thank God the interpol have just replied my mail with more details of your IP address, location(Oshodi oke, internet cafe) and other point of actions which involve picking you up at any moment from now. very soon you won't post again. . . .coming to US without visa and bundled straight to jail? That would be lovely. cool

Mr Ode, here is the full story:

Why is that some succeed while others fail? After all, the products work the same for everybody. The pay plan works the same for everybody. The tools work the same for everybody. We all have the same 24 hours in a day. And we all encounter the same challenges, frustrations, and disappointments, and face the same adversity.

The only variable in the equation is the individual! We call it the “YOU factor!”

The late Jim Rohn, one of the world’s leading business philosophers and top motivational speakers when he was alive, once said, “The same wind blows us on all! The wind of opportunity…the wind of challenge…the wind of adversity….What determines your destination is not the blowing of the wind, but the set of your sail-how you mentally respond to challenges and less than ideal circumstances. If you want to do something bad enough, you’ll find a way. If not, you’ll find excuses.”
There’s no better example of this philosophy than some of the individuals who pioneered VEMMA’s expansion into Kenya, and subsequently other African markets such as Ghana and Uganda!
This is their incredible story. In fact…….It’s One of the Most Remarkable Stories to Occur in the NM Industry in the Past 30 Years and It Happened in Kenya!
In late November of 2009, VEMMA Royal Ambassador Clay Jackson informed VEMMA Star Presidential leader Ken Stewart that in 3 days he was going to Kenya on a preliminary visit to prepare for VEMMA’s opening there. Ken quickly went on the Internet to see if he could find some Kenyans with network marketing experience that Clay could meet with on his visit so that a pre-launch team could be formed prior to VEMMA Kenya’s official opening.
Ken stumbled onto a website with profiles where he discovered some Kenyans who had experience in network marketing, one of them being Peter Mwaura of Nairobi. Ken sent Peter an instant message that included information on his and Clay’s successful backgrounds in network marketing, VEMMA, its products and pay plan, and an overview on some of the awards and recognition that VEMMA had received, and mentioned that Clay would be coming to Kenya in 3 days, and that if Peter was interested in being a key team leader for VEMMA in Kenya, a meeting with Clay could be arranged.

Within a matter of just a few hours, Peter replied back that he was very impressed with the information he had reviewed and that he was interested in joining VEMMA, wondering how many people knew of VEMMA’s impending launch in Kenya, and if Ken and Clay had recruited any leaders at that point.

When informed that few knew of VEMMA coming to Kenya, and that he could be the first to sign up with Ken and Clay and be at the top of the Kenya pre-launch genealogy, Peter’s reply was “I can be the first? Sign me up! I’d like to meet Clay on his visit! In fact, I could probably have 20-30 people with MLM experience for him to meet when he arrives in Nairobi.”

Would You Have Overcome These Obstacles?

Keep in mind that Peter had never seen any of the VEMMA products, let alone tried them! He had no products, no brochures, no Dr. Edwards CD’s, no magazines, and no website to show people and work with as he was not a VEMMA distributor, and 2 Build Wealth had not created at that time!

Peter was dealing with a less than ideal situation, and he could have used a variety of excuses as to why he couldn’t go out and talk to people or put together a meeting, but he was up to the challenge and determined to succeed, no matter what! His “sail” was set!

Rather than focus on what he didn’t have to work with, Peter seized the opportunity and took immediate action, taking material that Ken had sent him via email such as product information, pay plan information, copies of the clinical studies and articles on VEMMA from The Men’s Journal, Ms. Fitness, and others, and he put together a self made presentation booklet and quickly began contacting people he knew, meeting with them 1 on 1 and showing them the VEMMA opportunity, among them Shadrack Kiema, Stephen Urungu Injoki, and Sue Kiwanuka, individuals who are today top leaders and income earners in both VEMMA Kenya and Africa!

Upon meeting with Peter and seeing the tremendous opportunity that VEMMA offered, they zeroxed off the materials that Peter had shown them, and they too quickly began contacting people they knew as they only had 72 hours to work with before Clay arrived!

In addition, Peter had several of his top people such as Shadrack and Stephen speak with Ken via Skype, who shared with them key insights and valuable information that further fueled their excitement, especially the difference between the “old school” pay plans they had been accustomed to working in the past and VEMMA’s lucrative binary pay plan with matching bonuses which pays weekly
What happened next is nothing short of amazing! He Only Knew About VEMMA For 72 Hours, Yet Over 250 People Showed Up at His Very 1st Meeting! After knowing about VEMMA for only 3 days, and despite the disadvantages of not having various tools to work with that others in different parts of the world take for granted, over 250 people showed up to meet Clay and learn more about VEMMA! 250 people!
We’re not aware of anyone, in any company, at any time in the past 3 decades that only knowing about a particular opportunity for 72 hours, was able to put together a meeting with over 250 people in attendance, especially in light of the disadvantages he had to overcome!
Needless to say, after hearing Clay share his story about becoming the 3rd biggest earner in the world in VEMMA and the incredible results that people have experienced with the VEMMA products as well as the incomes being earned with VEMMA’s binary pay plan with matching bonuses, all 250 people signed up that night!Within several days following that first meeting the number of sign ups had mushroomed to more than 500, and after the first week, over 800 people had signed up! 2 weeks later Peter had over 1500 people on his team! The VEMMA explosion in Kenya had begun!
Here’s another amazing aspect to this story: This unprecedented response was accomplished during the Christmas holiday season! Peter and his team could have used such excuses as “Nobody is going to be interested in going to a VEMMA meeting. They’ll be at office parties, home dinners, Church, or out Christmas shopping.” Or, “Nobody is going to want to build a business right now. It’s Christmas.” They could have looked at the glass as half empty, but instead they looked at the glass as half full!

These circumstances alone would have been enough to deter most people, but successful people do what others are not willing to do in order to have what others will never have! If you think the story is fascinating so far, you haven’t heard the half of it!
What Would You Have Done?
Since VEMMA wasn’t opening until April, they knew they weren’t going to make money for several months! (Legally, since the company was not officially open and product was not available to purchase and be delivered, VEMMA can’t pay commissions. While some companies will do a pre-launch, take people’s money even though they can’t supply the product, and pay commissions, which is both risky and ILLEGAL, VEMMA knew of Kenya’s potential and was not going to jeopardize its future for the sake of short term gain, instead opting to do what it always does: follow the rules!
Imagine working hard for several months knowing that you couldn’t earn any income until the company officially opened! This fact alone would have stopped most people dead in their tracks! It took a tremendous amount of faith and courage on their part, but they persevered onward, determined to succeed! As Peter would later say, “You can make excuses OR you can do what it takes to succeed and make money, but you can’t do both!”
Time quickly flew by, and when VEMMA was officially launched in April, Peter had over 5,000 people on his team! Within just 90 short days of VEMMA opening in Kenya, Peter had reached several levels of achievement and was earning up to $1,000 or more in a single week, and he wasn’t the only one!
Kenya Breaks Company Sales Record in Its 1st 90 Days!
Most exciting, Kenya quickly zoomed into the top 10 countries in the world for VEMMA, breaking company records for growth in the first 90 days! VEMMA Malaysia sold around 900 “one packs” (a one month supply) of VEMMA Mangoteen its first 90 days. VEMMA Europe sold around 500 one packs of VEMMA Mangosteen their first 90 days. VEMMA Kenya…an astounding 2700 one pack orders the first 90 days!
As a result of their efforts in Kenya, word quickly spread about VEMMA into other African markets such as Ghana, Uganda. Tanzania, and Ethiopia in particular. In fact, Ghana generated more sales the first week they were open than Kenya did their first week!
While they may have different personalities and come from a variety of educational, socio-economic, religious, and ethnic backgrounds, achievers usually share some common traits. They’re ambitious and motivated. They have dreams and they set goals to achieve. They work hard. They do the basics consistently, day in and day out. They’re courageous. They’re determined to succeed and willing to pay the price to succeed. They’re focused and they lead by example!
“It’s Time For Us to Stand and Cheer the Doer, the Achiever, the One
Who Recognizes the Challenge, and Does Something About It!”
The late Vince Lombardi
Legendary Coach of the Green Pay Packers
We’d like for you meet a group of rare individuals who possess the qualities necessary to be successful, people who accepted the challenge and pioneered the expansion of VEMMA into Kenya as well as Africa, and who today we recognize for their outstanding effort and remarkable achievement!
“In my 1st 90 days I earned as much as $1300 in a single WEEK and I’ve now achieved the Star Platinum level! Most exciting, I’m on my way to winning a new Mercedes!”
Peter Mwaura
Former Insurance Salesman
“In my 1st 90 days I earned as much as $1200 in a single WEEK and I was the first person in Africa to reach Platinum, Star Platinum, and Executive! I look forward to winning a new Mercedes!”
Shadrack Kiema
Former Hotel Cashier

“In my 1st 90 days I earned as much as $1,000 in a single WEEK and I’ve now achieved the rank of Platinum! I’m determined to win a new Mercedes!”
Sue Kiwanuka
Forex Trader
“In my 1st 90 days I earned as much as $400 in a single WEEK and I’ve now attained the rank of Platinum! One of my goals is to be a Mercedes car winner!”
Stephen Njoki
Former Teacher

“In my 1st 90 days I’ve earned as much as $700 in a single WEEK and I’ve now reached the rank of Diamond! I’m determined to be a top producer and win a new C-class Mercedes!”
Consolata Kinya
Former Business Owner

“In my 1st 90 days I earned as much as $400 in a single WEEK and I’ve now reached Diamond status! I’m looking forward to driving a new Mercedes!”

George Ruhara
Former Banker
What does it take to succeed? It’s simple! Use the products, wear our VEMMA button, and talk to people about the VEMMA products and the VEMMA opportunity at any opportune moment. Share with them some information, hand them a brochure, have them listen to the Dr. Edwards CD, and then promote the next major event being held in your area. That’s it!

If you can enroll a few people and build just 2 teams, you’ve got it made!

And remember:

“Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.”

Thomas Jefferson

Click here read the summary Back to top!
Disclaimer
© 2012

SO SHUT THE FVCK UP
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by Rhino5dm: 8:39pm On Jul 27, 2012
^
Iya Basira iro yi ti poju shocked. You are honestly showing your desperation and no one is going to fall for this cheap lies, no matter the layers of suger you use in coating them.

The honourable thing to do is to admit that you have found out of your bunker with multiple laptops waiting for potential victims to fleeced. 419 no be work, go look for better work and stop waiting for innocent victims to scam. My joy here is I have succeeded in exposing your lies to point that all nairalanders have seen your ugly face without the mask. Ma, go get yourself real job and stop obtaining ignorant people. Your days are numbered. what you are doing is called advance fee fraud.Thief!!!!
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by vemmawealth(f): 9:45am On Jul 28, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
^
Iya Basira iro yi ti poju shocked. You are honestly showing your desperation and no one is going to fall for this cheap lies, no matter the layers of suger you use in coating them.

The honourable thing to do is to admit that you have found out of your bunker with multiple laptops waiting for potential victims to fleeced. 419 no be work, go look for better work and stop waiting for innocent victims to scam. My joy here is I have succeeded in exposing your lies to point that all nairalanders have seen your ugly face without the mask. Ma, go get yourself real job and stop obtaining ignorant people. Your days are numbered. what you are doing is called advance fee fraud.Thief!!!!

"Eni to bimo ti ko gbon, owo adanu lose" You have lost it to d detriment of your parents. Jobless man founding some1 else out. You are so empty and at d same time porous. Am still expecting your interpol. Do u want my address? Olosi oloriburuku thinking everyone is doing what he does. If I don't see interpol its shame on you.
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by Rhino5dm: 10:18am On Jul 28, 2012
ki ni ma fi adiresi ye se? olurun ma je!!!

What am I going to do with your address? God forbade me having anything do with any yahoo yahoo cyber riff-rafts.

Besides, I'm NOT available for any online frustrated old cargo looking for real men to help clear the cobwebs between her moistened thighs grin grin. You can do well with your twin-toys, afteral you have been married to them. I beg I no fit laugh joooor shocked shocked grin. LWKMD!!!!!!!.

Oya face your front, mou-mouuuu. Cow!

vemmawealth:

"Eni to bimo ti ko gbon, owo adanu lose" You have lost it to d detriment of your parents. Jobless man founding some1 else out. You are so empty and at d same time porous. Am still expecting your interpol. Do u want my address? Olosi oloriburuku thinking everyone is doing what he does. If I don't see interpol its shame on you.
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by vemmawealth(f): 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
ki ni ma fi adiresi ye se? olurun ma je!!!

What am I going to do with your address? God forbade me having anything do with any yahoo yahoo cyber riff-rafts.

Besides, I'm NOT available for any online frustrated old cargo looking for real men to help clear the cobwebs between her moistened thighs grin grin. You can do well with your twin-toys, afteral you have been married to them. I beg I no fit laugh joooor shocked shocked grin. LWKMD!!!!!!!.

Oya face your front, mou-mouuuu. Cow!

Mad man, Just trying to help you achieve your interpol threat because am waiting for arrest and you may need address ediot. So you have been ssleeping with your mother because no woman can associate with ugly looking and stinking monster that you are. All your sisters are running from you because you have rapedd them in turn. Too bad u can't do that on d internet so u picked a woman to harass, enticing your uncontrollable rrape tendency. Incest moronn.

Rapiiiisssst!!!
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by Demdem(m): 1:05pm On Jul 28, 2012
as long as its not the killer party (PDP) any one of them is good for me.
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by Rhino5dm: 2:42pm On Jul 28, 2012
Wow! Did I strike a raw nerve? First, I exposed your fraudulent rotten scamming website and your stupidity. Secondly, I exposed your sexual frustrations, while trying give me your address. . .Sorry ma, I don't do dirty pigs cool.

"you pick a woman to harass". . .is this a sign that the "kparaga" and "shepe", laced with rolled dry shyt you drank is finally going off? Look you fool, I don't care if you are she-goat, don't just post stupid comments. . .cos, am allergy to idiots and morrons grin grin .

. . .and yes, I like them fresh and sweet, NOT some sexually starved dehydrated fugly mutant like you. No thanks! cool. Get busy with the toys!!!

[quote author=vemmawealth][/quote]
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by vemmawealth(f): 9:57am On Jul 29, 2012
Mmmmmm
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by vemmawealth(f): 9:59am On Jul 29, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Wow! Did I strike a raw nerve? First, I exposed your fraudulent rotten scamming website and your stupidity. Secondly, I exposed your sexual frustrations, while trying give me your address. . .Sorry ma, I don't do dirty pigs cool.

"you pick a woman to harass". . .is this a sign that the "kparaga" and "shepe", laced with rolled dry shyt you drank is finally going off? Look you fool, I don't care if you are she-goat, don't just post stupid comments. . .cos, am allergy to idiots and morrons grin grin .

. . .and yes, I like them fresh and sweet, NOT some sexually starved dehydrated fugly mutant like you. No thanks! cool. Get busy with the toys!!!

"Ofe ke, oro naa dun un"RRapist........you are enjoying it with your mother. O ma se o. Very pathetic for you to be dreaming. You ugly and offensively stinking trash talking abt fresh whatever. Where will you get it. That's why you are rraping all d sikiratus and shakiratus groundnut hawker of d slum where you live. Even your mother and sisters are not left out. Incestist and bloody sociopath.

What biz of yours is it whatever I post? Who d hell are you to tell me what to post? May thunder strike that your hands you use to type that statement.

I repeat again: Mimiko is a thief that want us to accept mediocrity for performance. He overspent d budget and got d house to rubber stamp his financial jamboree. He's celebrating roundabout and fountain as achievement. Psychos like you who he's paying to harass, maim and kill opposition may be worshiping him but I cannot. How dare you tell me what to post?

"Aja igboro". Bloody political thug!!!!!
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by Kabikala(m): 3:33pm On Jul 29, 2012
Read what Idowu Akinlotan (The Nation backpage on July 29, 2012) has to say on Mimiko's accomplishments:

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/columnist/sunday/idowu-akinlotan/55551-mimiko-and-the-southwest.html

Mimiko and the Southwest
By Idowu Akinlotan 15 hours 26 minutes ago
Font size:

•Mimiko

Mr Ebenezer Babatope, whose recanted progressivism is mesmerising the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Abuja, angered party faithful in Ondo State during a recent visit when he suggested he would have loved his party not to present a candidate for the October governorship election on account of Governor Olusegun Mimiko’s giant achievements. In his days as Director of Organisation of the defunct Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN), Babatope was a dominant voice for progressivism. Today, he has become a dominant voice for conservatism. It is a compliment to his energy and commitment that he brings passion to any assignment given him. His angry party men in Akure are only now discovering what many of us knew way back in the 1980s, that the former Transport minister’s talents do not include the ability to rationally discriminate between two contradistinctive causes or to take a principled stand for either.

It was, therefore, not surprising that during the said trip he had this to say of Mimiko’s government: “I passed through this state on my way to Benin to campaign for the candidate of our party and I was amazed by the level of development I saw. What we are seeing in Ondo State should be replicated in other Southwest states where nothing is moving in terms of development.” It is comforting indeed that at least Babatope’s gift for hyperbole, which he honed in the Second Republic, has not left him. In the coming months, we expect to hear more of such sweeping and unsubstantiated conclusions.

But Babatope is not the only impressionable Nigerian to be bewitched by Mimiko’s sorcery. When the governor assembled top politicians, leading Yoruba personalities and media professionals to mark his third year in office in Akure last year, many of his guests became strangely voluble. Retired Major General Olufemi Olutoye, a former federal commissioner in his days, enthused about Mimiko’s achievements in this manner: “Since 1978 when I retired from the Army, I have been fully resident in Akure. I have witnessed all the administrations. In terms of performance, I can say that this is the second Awolowo. He has performed. He has tried his best. Somebody said that he is a candidate that should go to the centre later. I fully agree and pray that it will be so.” It is hard to know what chimera these men saw, or what also inflamed invited media professionals, who should know better, to concur with the illusions in Akure, but the fantasy has been sustained by the most carefully wrought propaganda effusions any state government has ever designed.

The governor himself believes his own propaganda. While receiving defectors from other political parties in the state recently, including from the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Mimiko warned that Ondo State would not give in to politicians he described as emperors. He added that the order of politics in the state did not give room to politicians he also described as District Officers (DO) or colonial masters. It is clear what he meant. To him, all his fellow governors in the Southwest are DOs, and he is the only brave Prophet Elijah who has not bowed his knees to Baal. There are many reasons to explain why Mimiko will ardently embrace the politics of personality and abuse and strenuously avoid the politics of issues.

During his declaration of intent to seek re-election, the governor mentioned what he termed his achievements as proof he had the interest of the electorate in mind. As part of his Caring Heart programme, he said, his agricultural settlements were modern, and were already up and running. But when the graduate settlers manning the farms protested poor facilities and neglect in the Ore settlement, the governor simply abandoned the scheme while he continues to tout it as an achievement. He also mentioned his model schools, two of which took him nearly four years to complete. Work out the equation yourself concerning his schools – not education – programme if he gets another four years. There is also the Mother and Child hospital scheme, only one of which has been completed. He apparently expects pregnant women from all over the state to flock to Akure. Here again is a hospital scheme without a health programme.

But who can deny the nice-looking bus stops that adorn Akure roads, even though the governor has no roads programme and has not constructed any new one; or deny the water fountain at Alagbaka and the expansion of Oyemekun Road; or deny his mega markets without tenants (except in Akure) which have no co-ordinated and consistent economic framework to sustain them; or the white elephant event centre called Dome, as if that is what the people need? Who indeed can forget the static Kaadi Igbe-ayo, a disingenuous social security programme inaugurated in Igbara Oke with the flip-flopping Dr Olu Agunloye’s ‘sterling’ technical ideas? There is no coherence to governance in Ondo, there is no sense for economic direction and modelling, there is no real social contract worth the concept but some 12-point trifles on paper, there is no breath-taking vision, and, worse, there is no future. And it is for this yawning emptiness, this journey of longings and despair, this celebration of unbefitting regional crassness, that the leading lights of Afenifere and other top Yoruba leaders gathered in Akure both to honour and to give Mimiko’s re-election ambition a boost. Is this what the Southwest has become? Do character, principles and ideology no longer matter? Are noble virtues now to be sacrificed for a few bus shelters and grandiose markets?

The rest of the Southwest may not know that the only things taking place in Ondo are tokenism and propaganda. Mercifully, Ondo people know. They are too smart to be hoodwinked by propaganda, by striking abuse, by feeble gestures. They know that in spite of Mimiko’s resort to abuse and name-calling, and in spite of the enormity of the work needed to reverse the damage done by previous governments, the Southwest governors are laying a more enduring and modern foundation for the future. They know that contrary to what some Afenifere leaders say and what Babatope parrots, regional integration will unleash unquantifiable developmental energies in the Southwest, trigger limitless economic possibilities and rewrite the region’s social, political and cultural paradigms. They know it is a ruse to say the foundation of integration can be laid irrespective of the parties ruling the region. Both Obafemi Awolowo and Mimiko refute that conclusion violently: the first by his unexampled talent in harnessing the region’s productive abilities, and the other by his unproductive and unimaginative individualism.

More importantly, Ondo people know that they need integration as much as integration needs them, and that it would be tragic if they were left out of the new deal; or that like Afonja in the days of Oyo Empire, they were to allow one man lead them into a revolt against the dominant and progressive ideals that have shaped their region’s history and destiny.
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by vemmawealth(f): 11:50am On Jul 30, 2012
Kabikala: Read what Idowu Akinlotan (The Nation) has to say on Mimiko's accomplishments:

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/columnist/sunday/idowu-akinlotan/55551-mimiko-and-the-southwest.html

Mimiko and the Southwest
By Idowu Akinlotan 15 hours 26 minutes ago
Font size:

•Mimiko

Mr Ebenezer Babatope, whose recanted progressivism is mesmerising the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Abuja, angered party faithful in Ondo State during a recent visit when he suggested he would have loved his party not to present a candidate for the October governorship election on account of Governor Olusegun Mimiko’s giant achievements. In his days as Director of Organisation of the defunct Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN), Babatope was a dominant voice for progressivism. Today, he has become a dominant voice for conservatism. It is a compliment to his energy and commitment that he brings passion to any assignment given him. His angry party men in Akure are only now discovering what many of us knew way back in the 1980s, that the former Transport minister’s talents do not include the ability to rationally discriminate between two contradistinctive causes or to take a principled stand for either.

It was, therefore, not surprising that during the said trip he had this to say of Mimiko’s government: “I passed through this state on my way to Benin to campaign for the candidate of our party and I was amazed by the level of development I saw. What we are seeing in Ondo State should be replicated in other Southwest states where nothing is moving in terms of development.” It is comforting indeed that at least Babatope’s gift for hyperbole, which he honed in the Second Republic, has not left him. In the coming months, we expect to hear more of such sweeping and unsubstantiated conclusions.

But Babatope is not the only impressionable Nigerian to be bewitched by Mimiko’s sorcery. When the governor assembled top politicians, leading Yoruba personalities and media professionals to mark his third year in office in Akure last year, many of his guests became strangely voluble. Retired Major General Olufemi Olutoye, a former federal commissioner in his days, enthused about Mimiko’s achievements in this manner: “Since 1978 when I retired from the Army, I have been fully resident in Akure. I have witnessed all the administrations. In terms of performance, I can say that this is the second Awolowo. He has performed. He has tried his best. Somebody said that he is a candidate that should go to the centre later. I fully agree and pray that it will be so.” It is hard to know what chimera these men saw, or what also inflamed invited media professionals, who should know better, to concur with the illusions in Akure, but the fantasy has been sustained by the most carefully wrought propaganda effusions any state government has ever designed.

The governor himself believes his own propaganda. While receiving defectors from other political parties in the state recently, including from the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Mimiko warned that Ondo State would not give in to politicians he described as emperors. He added that the order of politics in the state did not give room to politicians he also described as District Officers (DO) or colonial masters. It is clear what he meant. To him, all his fellow governors in the Southwest are DOs, and he is the only brave Prophet Elijah who has not bowed his knees to Baal. There are many reasons to explain why Mimiko will ardently embrace the politics of personality and abuse and strenuously avoid the politics of issues.

During his declaration of intent to seek re-election, the governor mentioned what he termed his achievements as proof he had the interest of the electorate in mind. As part of his Caring Heart programme, he said, his agricultural settlements were modern, and were already up and running. But when the graduate settlers manning the farms protested poor facilities and neglect in the Ore settlement, the governor simply abandoned the scheme while he continues to tout it as an achievement. He also mentioned his model schools, two of which took him nearly four years to complete. Work out the equation yourself concerning his schools – not education – programme if he gets another four years. There is also the Mother and Child hospital scheme, only one of which has been completed. He apparently expects pregnant women from all over the state to flock to Akure. Here again is a hospital scheme without a health programme.

But who can deny the nice-looking bus stops that adorn Akure roads, even though the governor has no roads programme and has not constructed any new one; or deny the water fountain at Alagbaka and the expansion of Oyemekun Road; or deny his mega markets without tenants (except in Akure) which have no co-ordinated and consistent economic framework to sustain them; or the white elephant event centre called Dome, as if that is what the people need? Who indeed can forget the static Kaadi Igbe-ayo, a disingenuous social security programme inaugurated in Igbara Oke with the flip-flopping Dr Olu Agunloye’s ‘sterling’ technical ideas? There is no coherence to governance in Ondo, there is no sense for economic direction and modelling, there is no real social contract worth the concept but some 12-point trifles on paper, there is no breath-taking vision, and, worse, there is no future. And it is for this yawning emptiness, this journey of longings and despair, this celebration of unbefitting regional crassness, that the leading lights of Afenifere and other top Yoruba leaders gathered in Akure both to honour and to give Mimiko’s re-election ambition a boost. Is this what the Southwest has become? Do character, principles and ideology no longer matter? Are noble virtues now to be sacrificed for a few bus shelters and grandiose markets?

The rest of the Southwest may not know that the only things taking place in Ondo are tokenism and propaganda. Mercifully, Ondo people know. They are too smart to be hoodwinked by propaganda, by striking abuse, by feeble gestures. They know that in spite of Mimiko’s resort to abuse and name-calling, and in spite of the enormity of the work needed to reverse the damage done by previous governments, the Southwest governors are laying a more enduring and modern foundation for the future. They know that contrary to what some Afenifere leaders say and what Babatope parrots, regional integration will unleash unquantifiable developmental energies in the Southwest, trigger limitless economic possibilities and rewrite the region’s social, political and cultural paradigms. They know it is a ruse to say the foundation of integration can be laid irrespective of the parties ruling the region. Both Obafemi Awolowo and Mimiko refute that conclusion violently: the first by his unexampled talent in harnessing the region’s productive abilities, and the other by his unproductive and unimaginative individualism.

More importantly, Ondo people know that they need integration as much as integration needs them, and that it would be tragic if they were left out of the new deal; or that like Afonja in the days of Oyo Empire, they were to allow one man lead them into a revolt against the dominant and progressive ideals that have shaped their region’s history and destiny.

GBAMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful by olugbemi4u: 11:37am On Aug 13, 2012
Whatever u say about Jaganba of Africa is sentiment and anger. The only state functioning in Nigeria today is Lagos, because of the legacy laid by Asiwaju there is no one in Nigeria that can match Tinubu’s achievement all of you that criticise him are mediocrities .Ondo state for example has potential to compete with Lagos in term of infrastructure, economy and development Mimiko has not use the so much wealth and potentials to attract any investor to the state. No single foreign direct investment and public private partnership all we can see is inducing individual and group to speak on his behalf.400 million spent on declaration day economic wise can creat job for 10,000 people not to talk of more than 600billion subvention excluding loan and internal generated revenue.
No single industries function in the state. The state that has the second largest deposit of bitumen in the world Iroko is not expose to attract investor to tap huge resource.
Ondo state has the largest employee graduate Akeredolu is on rescue mission. Mimiko is doing all this within is exposure and capacity but Akeredolu has travelled far and wide will transform the state with a short period of time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cameroon Says 27 Boko Haram Hostages Released / EFCC admits receiving petition on Osinbajo’s firm / Buhari Congratulates Yahaya Bello On His Re-Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.