Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Does Falling In Love Affect Your Manhood - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Falling In Love Affect Your Manhood (3190 Views)

Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively / How Did Your First-love Affect You Negatively? / Man Needs Advice After Falling In Love With A Prostitute (Snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Falling In Love Affect Your Manhood by bambuzz88: 1:46am On Jul 25, 2012
dear readers, i read an article that says

Falling in love decreases men testosterone levels while increasing women's testosterone levels. It is speculated that these changes in testosterone result in the temporary reduction of differences in behavior between the sexes. However, it is suggested that after the “honeymoon phase” ends, approximately 1–3 years into the relationship, this change in testosterone levels is no longer apparent. Fatherhood also decreases testosterone levels in men, suggesting that the resulting emotional and behavioral changes promote paternal care. Both heterosexual and non-heterosexual men producing less testosterone are more likely to be in a relationship and/or married, and that men producing more testosterone are more likely to divorce However, causality cannot be determined in this relationship. There is indeed a possibility that men with lower testosterone levels are less likely to marry or enter into committed relationships; however, the reverse is also possible. Marriage or commitment could actually cause a decrease in T levels. Single men who do not have relationship experience have lower testosterone levels than the single men with experience. It is suggested that these single men with prior experience are in a more competitive state than their non-experienced counterparts. Furthermore, it has been found that married men who engage in bond-maintenance activities such as spending the day with their wife/and or child have no different testosterone levels compared to times when they do not engage in such activities. Collectively, these results suggest that it is the presence of competitive activities rather than bond-maintenance activities that are more relevant to changes in T levels.
Guys, do you think falling in love has affected your manhood in some way, feel free to drop your comments
Re: Does Falling In Love Affect Your Manhood by Brixtonyute(m): 2:26am On Jul 25, 2012
^Utter tosh.
Re: Does Falling In Love Affect Your Manhood by Nobody: 2:55am On Jul 25, 2012
Does love really matter these days?
Re: Does Falling In Love Affect Your Manhood by Nobody: 2:58am On Jul 25, 2012
No,it INCREASES your manhood! Seriously
Re: Does Falling In Love Affect Your Manhood by Nobody: 3:09am On Jul 25, 2012
^ lol!
Re: Does Falling In Love Affect Your Manhood by Nobody: 3:10am On Jul 25, 2012
grin

I meant as a real man.
Re: Does Falling In Love Affect Your Manhood by Nobody: 3:17am On Jul 25, 2012
OP just succeeded in making me wanna have a baby. smiley
Re: Does Falling In Love Affect Your Manhood by henzly(m): 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2012
love died with romeo and Juliet cry....
Re: Does Falling In Love Affect Your Manhood by cog1: 4:15pm On Jul 25, 2012
You invariably suggested from your article
That low testosterone counts are actually
Beneficial as opposed to higher counts and
This according to you is common in
Competitive men(by which I understand,guys
Who are not committed to a particular
R/ship)as opposed to higher counts in men
In committed r/ships and also men who fall
In love and you implied that this is
Harmful.

Well,it is a wrong assertion.
For avoidance of doubt,the normal level of
Testosterone in your blood stream starts to
Wane around age 40;1% is lost each year.
Levels in the low range contrary to your
Suggestions increases your chances of
Dying of a heart attack,which is more
Common in older men;due to a combination
This and other factors.

Lower levels are actually a disorder called
Hypogonadism.It even causes reduced levels
Of sexual desire as opposed to your claim
In your article.

Doctors even offer counsel on how to
Increase testosterone levels so, if
According to you marriage and falling in
Love increase it;it means the
Originator of marriage and falling in love
Was right and you are wrong.

Having an erection causes your circulating
Testosterone levels to rise significantly.
Therefore,men who are not in commited
R/ships and have regular erections all the
Same also have high testosterone levels as
Well as opposed to your claim in your
Article which invariably led to your
Question on how has falling in love
Affected their manhood?
The answer is positively.
Please do your research well before you
Post. A lot of pple,me included,are
Benefitting from well meaning discussions
On this forum.
Thanks.
Re: Does Falling In Love Affect Your Manhood by tonyx4x44(m): 5:25pm On Jul 25, 2012
Brand_new: Does love really matter these days?
NO
Re: Does Falling In Love Affect Your Manhood by bambuzz88: 7:10pm On Jul 25, 2012
Brand_new: Does love really matter these days?

dont u think yr statement explain alot about your masculine nature
Re: Does Falling In Love Affect Your Manhood by cindyrella(f): 8:32pm On Jul 25, 2012
henzly: love died with romeo and Juliet cry....
grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Strictly For Men Only Pls: How To Keep Your Power Edge With Women / I Think Am Tired Of My Girlfriend And Not Sure Why / Would My Own Man Ever Find Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.